Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

Enzo Chiefo
Just now, graygo said:

I'm sure I heard the First Minister say that WHO advise that a 5% positive rate was classed as low. We're doing very nicely.

👍

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

It's not threatening the nation. Therein lies the problem with your mindset. You are making Nancy Pelosi sound positively rational.

Therein lies your problem, you're rambling utter shit then when it's pointed out to you you act like it never happened and start rambling more unrelated utter shit.

So since common respiratory illness in the old isn't threatening the nation try stopping spewing that particular irrelevance as if it has any relevance to a global pandemic.

You're making Trump look normal. Are you orange by any chance? Been injecting any dettol recently?

Enzo Chiefo
15 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

Therein lies your problem, you're rambling utter shit then when it's pointed out to you you act like it never happened and start rambling more unrelated utter shit.

So since common respiratory illness in the old isn't threatening the nation try stopping spewing that particular irrelevance as if it has any relevance to a global pandemic.

You're making Trump look normal. Are you orange by any chance? Been injecting any dettol recently?

Covid is NOT threatening the nation. It is a virus amongst many others. It has affected about 1% of any population and the majority of those don't have any symptoms at all. An even smaller percentage,  unfortunately go on to die. They are the people who would, in a lot of cases, be among the 115k who die of other respiratory illnesses. There are many risks to the most vulnerable and Covid is but one of them. The over-hyping of the virus in the early stages along with ridiculous predictions of an 80% infection rate made for bad policy decisions that cost a lot of lives in care homes. The last thing we need now is continual scaremongering and bu****t when the vast majority of people have a miniscule risk of catching it.

38 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

It's not threatening the nation. Therein lies the problem with your mindset. You are making Nancy Pelosi sound positively rational.

Exactly, it's threatening the same people those other respiratory illnesses threaten. 

6 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Covid is NOT threatening the nation. It is a virus amongst many others. 

You just crossed the line from pseudo expert to full blown wacko. Though I doubt I had to point that out to many others around here.

Weakened Offender
3 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

In the UK each year, unfortunately 115k die "in a matter of months" from respiratory illnesses. Covid is just another one of those. Thankfully, across the UK , deaths are below the 5 year average for this time of year. Over reporting of Covid "related" deaths have also skewed the figures too. 

I don't know why you bothered to write 'unfortunately' in that sentence as you have consistently disregarded neatly 50k deaths throughout this thread. 

Nucky Thompson
1 hour ago, JFK-1 said:

Your aggressive, Internet hardman posting style is fecking laughable :lol:

Enzo Chiefo
57 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

You just crossed the line from pseudo expert to full blown wacko. Though I doubt I had to point that out to many others around here.

I often wonder how people who really have faced life threatening situations on a daily basis, in a war zone, for example, or those who suffer from one of the many debilitating or life threatening illnesses out there, view the hysterical, scaremongering about Covid from obsessives like you. Anyway I, for one, have heard more than enough of your deranged ramblings for one day.

Edited by Enzo Chiefo

27 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

I often wonder how people who really have faced life threatening situations on a daily basis, in a war zone, for example, or those who suffer from one of the many debilitating or life threatening illnesses out there, view the hysterical, scaremongering about Covid from obsessives like you. Anyway I, for one, have heard more than enough of your deranged ramblings for one day.

You're simply reinforcing the perception of you as occupying wacko land. You now want to link your vacuous covid rambling with war zones, and anybody else at all who has some other ailment infectious or otherwise.

All of which has absolutely no relevance to the appearance of this novel virus and the efforts to contain it.

And  incidentally regarding various life threatening ailments the vast majority in the UK are not infectious. People wont catch them standing next to someone  in Tesco. That's the big difference here. getting it? On any level? 

If you, a self proclaimed pandemic'viral expert, pontificating that covid-19 is no threat to the nation, while governments and experts the world over say it is, then you're being a wacko. No disputing that.

And pointing that out, while having done nothing more than post real statistics from government sources demonstrating how much more deadly this is than flu is, believe me, not deranged.

If that's deranged then the experts producing them must presumably be deranged too. Though I suppose in wacko land they might be seen as such. But not in the real, rational world. 

It's simply fact.While you in this self created wacko bubble profess it to be deranged. With no apparent comprehension that this alone is illustrating even more wackiness.

Anything pricking your fantasy bubble that government and viral experts the world over all know nothing in comparison to someone like you, a non scientist pundit playing pseudo expert on a football forum, could I suppose in wacko land be deranged.

But in the real world someone like you professing this virus is not a threat to the nation is a wacko.  

36 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

image.jpeg.6fbff756a41364815c767560055f90f4.jpeg

Wow, if that's not a classic example of talking while saying nothing, I don't know what is. But that's none of my business, this ancient quote is good!!!

plato1-2x.jpg

3 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

image.jpeg.350672488e0f5735b979756e9df47e02.jpeg

So are you going to continue being the fool who talks and says nothing? Let's talk. What is about my comments on this virus you think you can dispute? The stats?

Well you would need to take that up with the NHS and the government, I don't produce them, I merely copy them. Flu kills around 10,000 people in each 12 month period. While covid-19 even with lockdown applied killed over 45,000 in a matter of months.

What do you have to dispute it?

Just now, Lord BJ said:

image.jpeg.39cbfbbe65948b1cc2f47baddf9b0e50.jpeg

Point proven, a fool who talks while have nothing to say. He says some crazy baseless stuff but he does at least try to say something. While you simply beg for attention while having absolutely nothing to say.

Tell you what, to somewhat reduce the clutter i will insert you and your nothing into ignore. Removing the possibility of giving an attention beggar with nothing ti say any further attention.

Francis Albert
4 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

What opinion differs from mine? That it's far more deadly than flu? It is. And you need to engage the brain and stop waffling irrelevant drivel. What's the relevance of covid  to this 115K you continue rambling about? Absolutely nothing.

Both of my grandfathers died of respiratory illness. Neither of them had covid or any infectious pathogen that could be transmitted to others. Which is why the country didn't go into lockdown when they died.

Is that getting through the fog? Old people dying of respiratory failure isn't a pandemic threatening the nation. How many brain cells are required to grasp that.

How many are  required to understand the meaning of the word "infinitely"? But despite revealing (embarrasingly to anyone with any self awareness) that your brain cells fail at even that low level you continue to lecture us. 

Edited by Francis Albert

4 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

How many are  required to understand the meaning of the word "infinitely"? But despite revealing (embarrasingly to anyone with any self awareness) that your brain cells fail at even that low level you continue to lecture us. 

Ok go ahead, what do you have to suggest anything I have posted on this virus in comparison to flu is incorrect. I bet you don't. Or certainly not from any reputable source.

You see if i'm ever wrong about anything I don't see it as an insult to be proven so. I don't lock myself into a bubble of belief without evidence. If anyone can prove anything I believe wrong they have done me a favour. I would have learned something.

What are you talking about and what's the evidence?

Francis Albert
2 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

Ok go ahead, what do you have to suggest anything I have posted on this virus in comparison to flu is incorrect. I bet you don't. Or certainly not from any reputable source.

You see if i'm ever wrong about anything I don't see it as an insult to be proven so. I don't lock myself into a bubble of belief without evidence. If anyone can prove anything I believe wrong they have done me a favour. I would have learned something.

What are you talking about and what's the evidence?

What I am talking about in the post you replied to is your ignorance of the meaning of the word infinitely. The evidence is your post saying Covid is "infinitely" more deadly than flu.

Just now, Francis Albert said:

What I am talking about in the post you replied to is your ignorance of the meaning of the word infinitely. The evidence is your post saying Covid is "infinitely" more deadly than flu.

Oh FFS, that's a game changer? Are you for real? I'm talking to people who claim it's not a threat at all while all expert opinion says it is and that's what you're hanging up on?

Have you any idea that's a common word which it's not unusual to see in the type of context I used it in?  How can I even take you seriously?

Francis Albert
Just now, JFK-1 said:

Oh FFS, that's a game changer? Are you for real? I'm talking to people who claim it's not a threat at all while all expert opinion says it is and that's what you're hanging up on?

Have you any idea that's a common word which it's not unusual to see in the type of context I used it in?  How can I even take you seriously?

Who has said Covid 19 is not a threat at all?

2 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Who has said Covid 19 is not a threat at all?

4 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Covid is NOT threatening the nation.

Francis Albert
1 minute ago, JFK-1 said:

"Not threatening the nation" is not remotely  the same as saying it is "not a threat at all"

Goodnight.

Just now, Francis Albert said:

"Not threatening the nation" is not remotely  the same as saying it is "not a threat at all"

Goodnight.

Wow, you're definitely not for real. Alternate facts. LOL

Walter Bishop

Good to see this gaining some more publicity. 

The lockdown has and will cost many more lives in the long run. One of the biggest government scandals of all time.  

33 minutes ago, Walter Bishop said:

The lockdown has and will cost many more lives in the long run. One of the biggest government scandals of all time.  

You just need to look at the graphs to see that Whitty is talking pish to try and cover his back for not pushing for an earlier lockdown.

Case numbers were clearly still rocketing upwards when lockdown was introduced.

Edited by Ray Gin

Walter Bishop
3 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

You just need to look at the graphs to see that Witty is talking pish to try and cover his back for not pushing for an earlier lockdown.

Case numbers were clearly still rocketing upwards when lockdown was introduced.

They weren't. The handwashing campaign had a bigger impact than the "lockdown". 

Also, Why 5 days before the "lockdown" was the virus downgraded? 

Edited by Walter Bishop

4 minutes ago, Walter Bishop said:

They weren't. The handwashing campaign had a bigger impact than the "lockdown". 

They were. They went up until April 10, then leveled off for a while and started significantly dropping at the start of May.

Lockdown was 23 March.

Show me a daily cases graph that shows the curve peaking on or before 23 March.

Edited by Ray Gin

manaliveits105
2 hours ago, Chaps said:

So Nicky’s I don’t want to talk politics until COVID-19 is over was another snp lie

Walter Bishop
3 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

They were. They went up until April 10, then leveled off for a while and started significantly dropping at the start of May.

Lockdown was 23 March.

So if cases were rising until April 10th why was peak of Deaths April 7th? 

54 minutes ago, Walter Bishop said:

Interesting. Is Whitty considered an expert or is he another "wacko"?

16 minutes ago, Walter Bishop said:

Better prepared hospital response perhaps. 

23 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Lockdown was 23 March.

17 minutes ago, Walter Bishop said:

The highest individual day of deaths was 1172 on April 21st, but on the 7 day average total they peaked on April 14th with 943.

Daily cases were 877 on March 23rd, and on the 7 day average peaked on April 14th at 4999 cases.

Screenshot_20200723-114252.png

Screenshot_20200723-115330.png

Francis Albert
20 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Interesting. Is Whitty considered an expert or is he another "wacko"?

A Wacko of course.

Not as much of a Wacko as the Simon Wood chap who wrote the study in the link Walter Bishop provided. This poor bloke thought you had to do a lot of analysis of data and some complex maths to reach a conclusion about the relationship between lock down and the rate of Coronavirus deaths.  No-one told him all you had to do was look at one graph posted on a football web site and draw an obvious conclusion. 

(almost as an aside Wood notes near the end that the rate of deaths peaked in Sweden shortly after it did in the UK ... without a lock down)

Edited by Francis Albert

Only 2 people in intensive care.

Zero deaths again in Scotland.

Only one death in the past 15 days. 

16 new cases today. 4 in the Call Centre in Lanarkshire. 

Edited by Boy Daniel

1 minute ago, Boy Daniel said:

👍

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, Boy Daniel said:

👍

2 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

Good news 👍

1 minute ago, graygo said:

👍

2 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

👍

Im hoping we can keep this up. I do read reports from around the world of spikes eg Victoria Spain and India but am really hoping that doesn’t happen here.

JudyJudyJudy
8 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

16 new cases today. 4 in the Call Centre in Lanarkshire. 

👍

You have to give Sturgeon her dues as she communicates very clearly what we need to do unlike the clowns in the Westminster Government. Face coverings from tomorrow in England but the advice since it was made known has been utterly confusing. I’ve heard 4-5 ministers on the tele and not one gave the same information. Boris is in charge though, apparently.

Howdy Doody Jambo
17 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Covid is NOT threatening the nation. It is a virus amongst many others. It has affected about 1% of any population and the majority of those don't have any symptoms at all. An even smaller percentage,  unfortunately go on to die. They are the people who would, in a lot of cases, be among the 115k who die of other respiratory illnesses. There are many risks to the most vulnerable and Covid is but one of them. The over-hyping of the virus in the early stages along with ridiculous predictions of an 80% infection rate made for bad policy decisions that cost a lot of lives in care homes. The last thing we need now is continual scaremongering and bu****t when the vast majority of people have a miniscule risk of catching it.

100% agreement with this, you have as much chance of tripping up over your shoelaces and falling doon than dying from Covid-19 in this country Several other illness and disease out there ahead of it 

There's risk in everything we do, life must go on

Nucky Thompson
16 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

You have to give Sturgeon her dues as she communicates very clearly what we need to do unlike the clowns in the Westminster Government. Face coverings from tomorrow in England but the advice since it was made known has been utterly confusing. I’ve heard 4-5 ministers on the tele and not one gave the same information. Boris is in charge though, apparently.

What a load of pish.

Her condescending tone and her constant reminder that she is not being political are laughable

There is no need now for the daily briefings, but sturgeon loves the limelight.

She was chocking for the media to ask her questions about Bojo's visit to Scotland

3 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

What a load of pish.

Her condescending tone and her constant reminder that she is not being political are laughable

There is no need now for the daily briefings, but sturgeon loves the limelight.

She was chocking for the media to ask her questions about Bojo's visit to Scotland

She answers multiple questions from the media every day, suggests to me that there is still a need for the daily briefing.

As for your last point, the media never disappointed her did they? Good to see her swat them away like the parasites they are.

manaliveits105

oooh Jimmy could have squashed a grape there - "big difference between politicking here and me tweeting earlier "

naw theres no

Edited by manaliveits105

The Real Maroonblood
39 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

:greatpost:

The Real Maroonblood
9 minutes ago, graygo said:

She answers multiple questions from the media every day, suggests to me that there is still a need for the daily briefing.

As for your last point, the media never disappointed her did they? Good to see her swat them away like the parasites they are.

:pleasing:

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic