Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

5 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

With due respect to all those who have died or become infected, those are good figures, accentuating the downwards trend. We're getting there.

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, redjambo said:

With due respect to all those who have died or become infected, those are good figures, accentuating the downwards trend. We're getting there.

We are, here's hoping there's no second wave😔

The Mighty Thor
5 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Jackson Carcrash

"People will arrive at different judgements".

Indeed.    Thanks for a beautiful insight.

Apart from when those judgements relate to Carcrash, when everyone arrives at the same conclusion. He is a ****

TT&I infrastructure in place BEFORE lobbing the lockdown up in the air and hoping for the best.

Sounds like a PLAN

The Real Maroonblood
5 minutes ago, redjambo said:

I picked up on that too. What he should have been doing of course is joining in the condemnation, or at least making some sort of strong statement about the potential damage to the public health message, but he actually implied by his use of words that he disagreed with Ross' judgement.

Weak.

The same tosser who slated NS about Calderwood..

Just now, Dawnrazor said:

We are, here's hoping there's no second wave😔

If the tracking and testing programme works well, we should be ok. There will be sporadic outbreaks for a while though - it's just a case of containing them when they occur.

However, we also have to be ready, mentally and organisationally, to jump back into lockdown at a moment's notice if the stats show that infections are rising to the extent that tracking and testing can't cope. We should even look, imo. at regional/district-based lockdowns to provide a finer-grained approach.

The Mighty Thor
9 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Meanwhile.

01A17C98-B68A-454A-A592-065358748747.jpeg

And the FT numbers of all cause excess mortality are dropping in bang on where Chris Giles forecast weeks ago at 60,000.

I suspect in amongst that there will be 60,000 families that never got to say goodbye to their loved ones whilst some risible Shitehawk was driving up and down the country whilst potentially infected giving absolutely zero fecks.

44 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Douglas Ross doing the right thing by resigning as a junior minister in the Government.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-52806086

"I have constituents who didn't get to say goodbye to loved ones; families who could not mourn together; people who didn't visit sick relatives because they followed the guidance of the government. I cannot in good faith tell them they were all wrong and one senior adviser to the government was right."

He gets it.

Its heartening that some in politics still have some ethical pride in their position.

Scarce in public life these days.

1 minute ago, jake said:

Its heartening that some in politics still have some ethical pride in their position.

Scarce in public life these days.

Made up for it by being a shite linesman

vegas-voss
29 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Jackson Carcrash

"People will arrive at different judgements".

Indeed.    Thanks for a beautiful insight.

Same as Boris all been briefed what did Boris - People will need to decide on their own.

So basically they are hiding behind everyone will have a different opinion.

Just now, vegas-voss said:

Same as Boris all been briefed what did Boris - People will need to decide on their own.

So basically they are hiding behind everyone will have a different opinion.

Yep.   The Pontius Pilate position.

It's up to you to decide.    **** all to do with me now.     

1 minute ago, manaliveits105 said:

Cummings is more trustworthy than SFA referees

Come on man.

He seriously mucked up.

There is no defence of him .

Even using our shit refs.

😄

Pasquale for King
20 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

And the FT numbers of all cause excess mortality are dropping in bang on where Chris Giles forecast weeks ago at 60,000.

I suspect in amongst that there will be 60,000 families that never got to say goodbye to their loved ones whilst some risible Shitehawk was driving up and down the country whilst potentially infected giving absolutely zero fecks.

Indeed, it’s actually disgusting.

Jambo-Jimbo
25 minutes ago, redjambo said:

If the tracking and testing programme works well, we should be ok. There will be sporadic outbreaks for a while though - it's just a case of containing them when they occur.

However, we also have to be ready, mentally and organisationally, to jump back into lockdown at a moment's notice if the stats show that infections are rising to the extent that tracking and testing can't cope. We should even look, imo. at regional/district-based lockdowns to provide a finer-grained approach.

Indeed, there was an outbreak in Frankfurt just the other day, 40+ people infected following a church service, the important thing is that they traced it back to the church service and could then trace everyone who had attended.

annushorribilis III
14 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Cummings is more trustworthy than SFA referees

Talk about "damned by faint praise". 🙄

Pasquale for King
36 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

One of several problems with Dominic Cummings statement yesterday.

Rigby is much better at her job than Kuenssberg or Peston. 

The World at One taking apart Cumming's claim to have written extensively  about the dangers of coronavirus last year. Turns out the references to coronavirus in his blog were only inserted in April. Oops, it's almost like he's a liar.

doctor jambo

Cummings story was made around the provable facts that were in the public domain.

he sat down and made something up to fit, hence the robotic nature of it all.

It was truly dire to watch

Dishonesty welched out of every statement

Pasquale for King

I clicked over to CNN last night and they had a professor on, didnt catch his name. He said that science might not find a solution to this problem or a vaccine, and rushing it is not how they work, they test, check, retest etc. He was questioning why Billions of dollars were given to an English company to find a vaccine, when there’s equally as deserving studies being done in the US.
He said that the only way to beat this disease just now is to stay in lockdown, stay away from others, test trace and isolate for another 6 weeks. It has been shown to work, so just do it and then we can all get through this and out the other side. It’s been said quite a few times obviously but the easing of lockdown will cause a second wave, how high that is depends on all of us doing the right things.

6 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

The World at One taking apart Cumming's claim to have written extensively  about the dangers of coronavirus last year. Turns out the references to coronavirus in his blog were only inserted in April. Oops, it's almost like he's a liar.

It's unreal.

That was one of the main pillars of his opening remarks.    Look at me,   I was the one who predicted a coronavirus pandemic.    I advised we prepare for one (lol).

The Internet
46 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Meanwhile.

01A17C98-B68A-454A-A592-065358748747.jpeg

Worse than the country that's deliberately letting it run amok. Impressive. 

Only 36 ICU patients with this in Scotland is good news (obviously not for those affected but you know what I mean). Remember at the peak there was 200+. 

Lone Striker
2 hours ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

It's wonderful watching everyone line up to be embarrassed and confirmed as untrustworthy cockroaches.

Loved the interview this morning - Gove defended Cummings, declaring that he  was a man of honesty and integrity.      Oh,  the irony  !! :rofl:

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Worse than the country that's deliberately letting it run amok. Impressive. 

Only 36 ICU patients with this in Scotland is good news (obviously not for those affected but you know what I mean). Remember at the peak there was 200+. 

Any good news is obviously welcome, we’re definitely through the worst hopefully but as much as we want to get back to some sort of normality I think we just need to do it slowly.

Pasquale for King
19 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

Cummings story was made around the provable facts that were in the public domain.

he sat down and made something up to fit, hence the robotic nature of it all.

It was truly dire to watch

Dishonesty welched out of every statement

Indeed. I’m sure the cctv would show how many other lies he told if it was worth looking into. 

2 hours ago, Victorian said:

You clearly missed the point.    The absurd account is the similarity.

Surely that was obvious.   

Nope, still don't see the similarity other than there was some lying going on.

1 minute ago, SE16 3LN said:

Nope, still don't see the similarity other than there was some lying going on.

Ok,   well at least you tried.

manaliveits105
9 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

I'm just going to put this out there with no comment.

IPSOS/MORI May 2020.

20200526_135131.jpg

So the SG has been following the same advice and requirements as WM and had the same problems with ppe - testing and care homes and only difference is they have delayed lockdown 2 weeks longer but 78-82% think they have done well - did they poll nawtional readers 

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

Mori poll says that since Cummings statement, those polled that want him gone has increased from 52% to 59%.

:lol:

Brighton Jambo

Saw this on BBC news just now:

The ONS's publication also looked at "excess deaths" in England and Wales - in other words how many more deaths were registered in the first 20 weeks of 2020 compared with the five-year average for the same time of year.

An analysis of that data found there was no additional risk of dying during that period for people under the age of 45.

I was very interested in that last sentence.  Does make you wonder if going forward a far more targeted approach to social distancing and lockdown measures might be deployed.  

The Mighty Thor
3 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

So the SG has been following the same advice and requirements as WM and had the same problems with ppe - testing and care homes and only difference is they have delayed lockdown 2 weeks longer but 78-82% think they have done well - did they poll nawtional readers 

No idea. I didn't survey the respondents. I understand your points though. Its all about the clarity and consistency of message. 

Personally I'm surprised the WM numbers are as good as they're shown. 

This type of survey will go down like sooking a pish soaked lemon for some though. 

Brighton Jambo
Just now, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

Mori poll says that since Cummings statement, those polled that want him gone has increased from 52% to 59%.

:lol:

Who are the 41% who don’t!  I’ve always had more of a Conservative leaning on here than most but surely to goodness people can’t actually want him to stay.  Every single person I know who has mentioned this feels the same.  

Lone Striker

A couple of random thoughts about the Rose Garden Show yesterday ........   

First -  Cummings said he didn't speak to the PM in advance about his "need" to travel because the PM was still recovering from his illness ..... ok fair enough .... so why did he not think of telling Raab or Gove instead ?  

(I would hazard a guess that the answer to that is that feels above the need for ministers to approve anything)

Second - Cummings said when he was at Durham and he started to "improve", he decided he needed to go back to work at No. 10.    so as an advisor/administrator type of person, why couldn't he just do what millions of other working folk have been doing .... staying at home & working from home ?   Spend the day doing video conf calls with his pals.   

Again, it probably shows just how he thinks of himself - indispensable, a hands-on control freak, trusting no-one else  from the civil service and government advisors pool to do anything without him looking over their shoulder.

From a neutral democracy standpoint, that's pretty concerning, and reflects badly on BoJo's instincts and judgement.    

48 minutes ago, Victorian said:

It's unreal.

That was one of the main pillars of his opening remarks.    Look at me,   I was the one who predicted a coronavirus pandemic.    I advised we prepare for one (lol).

To think this is the key strategist advising and leading, essentially, the direction this country takes in. A self-proclaimed intellectual and Eugenics fan who absolutely believes he is elevated above the rest of us.

Yet he couldn't think far enough ahead to realise their would be a digital record of him making changes to his blog. What a ****ing chancer, elevated to his position of chief post turtle by dint of a private education and good family connections. 

Lone Striker
11 minutes ago, graygo said:

No Spain?

Or China ...  ??

Edited by Lone Striker

Lone Striker
1 minute ago, jake said:

No 11 for Italy mate

Aye .. just noticed it. Thanks.   Suffering from Cummings eyesight syndrome - I'm off for a drive to Inverness now. 😎

18 minutes ago, graygo said:

No Spain?

Our World in Data says that the methodology for counting deaths in Spain changed on 25 May (effectively reducing the count), which is probably why they missed it out of that particular chart which is a 7-day average up to that day.

The Real Maroonblood
49 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

I'm just going to put this out there with no comment.

IPSOS/MORI May 2020.

20200526_135131.jpg

:pleasing:

19 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Or China ...  ??

I don't think that there have been any reported Covid-related deaths in China for some time now, and there weren't over that 7-day period.

Edited by redjambo

The Real Maroonblood
26 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

No idea. I didn't survey the respondents. I understand your points though. Its all about the clarity and consistency of message. 

Personally I'm surprised the WM numbers are as good as they're shown. 

This type of survey will go down like sooking a pish soaked lemon for some though. 

:laugh:

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic