• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Jambo-Jimbo
8 minutes ago, sadj said:

Just seen that report on Sky News there the now.

This is the National Biosample Centre in Milton Keynes which will eventually do (it is hoped) 25,000 tests a day, but is currently only doing 1,500 a day.

This isn't the only testing site you know, there are other labs which were doing testing before the National Biosample Centre was repurposed for doing Covid-19 tests, so I'm not sure what point your trying to make here.

30 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Indeed, guess it was only a matter of time.

I had hoped that by posting the story this morning from South Korea about the 91 people who have tested positive again after seemingly recovering from the virus would get the debate back on track, even briefly, but alas it seemed some were more interested on trying to score petty stupid political points, than acually discuss what the thread is supposed to be about.

Missed that post.That's not good at all, **** me imagine thinking you had beat it only for to get hit with it again.

Just now, Bongo 1874 said:

Believe it when i see it mate. 

I've just shown you it. They vaccinate their kids. Please try and filter out the fake news from the stuff you post, Bongo. :thumb:

Jambo-Jimbo
11 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

South Korea reporting that 91 patients who had recovered from Covid-19, have now tested postitve again.

What is not known at this stage is whether they have been re-infected or the virus has reactivated itself.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-southkorea/south-korea-reports-recovered-coronavirus-patients-testing-positive-again-idUSKCN21S15X

I know this has happened in other countires as well, Japan for sure and China I think, which means it isn't a one off fluke.

4 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Missed that post.That's not good at all, **** me imagine thinking you had beat it only for to get hit with it again.

Here is my post again.

This is what happens when people flood the thread with their political crap, informative posts can get missed.

The Mighty Thor
2 hours ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

I didn't bother watching it when I heard it was this useless vindictive hoor that was fronting it up. 

I'm going to have a wild stab at the fact I missed F'all. 

3 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Here is my post again.

This is what happens when people flood the thread with their political crap, informative posts can get missed.

This Covid is something fecking else.That doctor reckons there will be a lot more than 91 as well.Everybody that thinks this is just going to go away is in for a shock this is changing the world for a long time

4 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

This Covid is something fecking else.That doctor reckons there will be a lot more than 91 as well.Everybody that thinks this is just going to go away is in for a shock this is changing the world for a long time

There's been some doubts over those claims.    But if this does become a thing then the data will present itself in the next couple of months.     It will be impossible for reinfection to remain hidden if it does happen.    At least we'll know.

16 minutes ago, redjambo said:

I've just shown you it. They vaccinate their kids. Please try and filter out the fake news from the stuff you post, Bongo. :thumb:

Shows us you have vaccinated your children, as I said I'll believe it when I see it. 

Just claims. 

I reckon Bill and Melinda won't be short of two Bob after all this is done, what you say? 🤔😉

Edited by Bongo 1874

2 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Shows us you have vaccinated your children, as I said I'll believe it when I see it. 

Just claims. 

You're the one who came up with the initial claim (and I can guess where you were leading with it too). It's up to you to provide evidence for that claim, not just supply conjecture based on your beliefs. Sadly, you appear to be putty in the hands of the fake news merchants and conspiracy theorists. They need hosts for their theories to propagate, just like a virus does. Come on Bongo, you're better than this.

The Mighty Thor

Just to follow up on the air travel thing kicking about yesterday. Neighbours of ours were stuck in New Zealand for 12 days before they finally managed to get a scheduled flight, which was full, out the country to Los Angeles, where they picked up a scheduled flight back to Heathrow arriving back yesterday. They were not screened or tested or even spoken to at either LAX or Heathrow.

The scheduled flight to Heathrow was 95% full. 

4 minutes ago, redjambo said:

You're the one who came up with the initial claim (and I can guess where you were leading with it too). It's up to you to provide evidence for that claim, not just supply conjecture based on your beliefs. Sadly, you appear to be putty in the hands of the fake news merchants and conspiracy theorists. They need hosts for their theories to propagate, just like a virus does. Come on Bongo, you're better than this.

Personally speaking i don't know if I fully trust these people mate 👍

3 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Just to follow up on the air travel thing kicking about yesterday. Neighbours of ours were stuck in New Zealand for 12 days before they finally managed to get a scheduled flight, which was full, out the country to Los Angeles, where they picked up a scheduled flight back to Heathrow arriving back yesterday. They were not screened or tested or even spoken to at either LAX or Heathrow.

It's like there's a tacit acceptance or even desire to inject negative-delay into the model.     If you assume first that the model shows sufficient IC resources to handle a bit of negative-delay,   then it is reasonable to accept that some people are content to cause a wider and quicker spread.     Hey... the economy.

Jambo-Jimbo
Just now, vegas-voss said:

Exactly, it seems every week we learn something new about this thing, which I suppose isn't surprising as we knew precious little about it to begin with.

What I find of interest and concerning is.

When Japan reported someone testing positive again, there was question marks over that, namely was it a fluke, had a mistake been made and she had always been positive etc etc, then China reported similar, but now South Korea are reporting the same thing, can't be a fluke or a mistake now.

The concern, the major concern, is that it's a re-infection, now that would be the nightmare scenario, because it would mean that even if you've had it you would have little or no immunity to it, and a vaccine would be of limited or no use, lets just pray that it's the virus reactivating and not re-infections.

I agree this isn't going away anytime soon, unless some really clever barsteward come's up with something which will kill this fecker.

4 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Personally speaking i don't know if I fully trust these people mate 👍

Never fully trust anyone, Bongo. ;) However, it's all a question of working out the possibilities and probabilities of various scenarios being true, and separating the more probable scenarios from the science fiction. Vaccinations have saved tens, if not hundreds, of millions of lives so far, and will continue to do so. They've helped us eradicate or control many terrible diseases.

Jambo-Jimbo
9 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

I have to say that I'm surprised to hear that, surprised shocked and concerned all in equal measure.

In saying that, as the WHO say, because there is widespread community transmissions then a plane load of people isn't going to make a difference.

Personally I don't quite get that logic tbh, but you'd think the WHO would have more of an idea about this sort of thing then I would.

dobmisterdobster

Why does the LadBible ask better questions than the majority of the press?

If that's not an indictment on our mainstream media, I don't know what it.

Jambo-Jimbo
4 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Never fully trust anyone, Bongo. ;) However, it's all a question of working out the possibilities and probabilities of various scenarios being true, and separating the more probable scenarios from the science fiction. Vaccinations have saved tens, if not hundreds, of millions of lives so far, and will continue to do so. They've helped us eradicate or control many terrible diseases.

You've probably seen it many a time as well, the number dying of measles & TB, until vaccinations came along.

My youngest direct blood ancestor was 28 when consumption took her, TB used to be a massive killer, massive.

The Internet

How have we managed to get into an arguement over whether bill gates had his kids vaccinated :lol: get that chat in the bin. 

2 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

You've probably seen it many a time as well, the number dying of measles & TB, until vaccinations came along.

My youngest direct blood ancestor was 28 when consumption took her, TB used to be a massive killer, massive.

Sorry to hear that, JJ. :(

When I'm doing my family history research, the words "phthisis pulmonalis" (an old name for TB) sadly appear often as a cause of death on the death certificates I look at.

manaliveits105
2 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

Hes been on the ball on twitter...brilliantly savage and truthful.  Despite being a Hibbie...we need people like him pulling up this government 

He lives in the US in luxury 

feck him

24 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

I don’t have a massive issues for the flights coming in and out. People on the flights aren’t tourists. They will be repatriation or essential travel. When they come into the U.K. they are under the same rules as everyone here,

They are going straight home to lockdown. 

Whilst cries of testing at border control seem a tad optimistic considering the current testing issues we have around testing!

Not convinced they present much more of a risk. People will be travelling because they have no option; other than the odd arsehole. It’s just essential travel 🤷🏻‍♂️

Think it’s a distraction from bigger issues personally.

It's simple anti-panic PR. We don't want people to be afriad of flying and we don't want people to be afraid of hospitals...

What is interesting is how clear it is that people were abusing the NHS before by heading to A&E or the doctor for silly little things...

When I go out for my daily walk people walk out onto the inside lane of Lanark Road to maintain social distancing.  This sort of behaviour is correct but it is going to be difficult to reverse if there is no vaccination or perhaps immunity...

Glad I'm married as it must be difficult for single people!

Edited by Spellczech

Jambo-Jimbo
Just now, redjambo said:

Sorry to hear that, JJ. :(

When I'm doing my family history research, the words "phthisis pulmonalis" (an old name for TB) sadly appear often as a cause of death on the death certificates I look at.

Oh, there were many names for it, but they it came down to Tuberculosis in the end, as said massive killer.

One of my uncles got TB in the 60's, he was in a bad way for a time, but he survived, I was quite young, got the vaccine, can't remember nothing about it, at high school when you get the wrist test 4 of mine came up red, meaning I had plenty of anti-bodies in my system seemingly, so I didn't get the TB jag then.

Heard it was fecking sore and the scab was itchy as feck 😄.

Back on topic.

I wonder if they manage to get a vaccine for this thing if it'll be a sore sod, flu jabs are usually ok, pneumonia jag was sore though.

45 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Exactly, it seems every week we learn something new about this thing, which I suppose isn't surprising as we knew precious little about it to begin with.

What I find of interest and concerning is.

When Japan reported someone testing positive again, there was question marks over that, namely was it a fluke, had a mistake been made and she had always been positive etc etc, then China reported similar, but now South Korea are reporting the same thing, can't be a fluke or a mistake now.

The concern, the major concern, is that it's a re-infection, now that would be the nightmare scenario, because it would mean that even if you've had it you would have little or no immunity to it, and a vaccine would be of limited or no use, lets just pray that it's the virus reactivating and not re-infections.

I agree this isn't going away anytime soon, unless some really clever barsteward come's up with something which will kill this fecker.

Starting to think the best hope is this thing keeps mutating to the point it starts to become weaker.I don't think it's going to be a vaccine that stops this but hopefully they find drugs that stop it being so brutal and strong that it ends up killing unlucky individuals.

Jambo-Jimbo
5 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

It's simple anti-panic PR. We don't want people to be afriad of flying and we don't want people to be afraid of hospitals...

What is interesting is how clear it is that people were abusing the NHS before by heading to A&E or the doctor for silly little things...

When I go out for my daily walk people walk out onto the inside lane of Lanark Road to maintain social distancing.  This sort of behaviour is correct but it is going to be difficult to reverse if there is no vaccination or perhaps immunity...

Glad I'm married as it must be difficult for single people!

Probably similar to when AIDS first broke, I was lucky I was married then, but did think about single people and the dangers they may have faced, probably quite a similar prospect I'd think.

1 minute ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Oh, there were many names for it, but they it came down to Tuberculosis in the end, as said massive killer.

One of my uncles got TB in the 60's, he was in a bad way for a time, but he survived, I was quite young, got the vaccine, can't remember nothing about it, at high school when you get the wrist test 4 of mine came up red, meaning I had plenty of anti-bodies in my system seemingly, so I didn't get the TB jag then.

Heard it was fecking sore and the scab was itchy as feck 😄.

Back on topic.

I wonder if they manage to get a vaccine for this thing if it'll be a sore sod, flu jabs are usually ok, pneumonia jag was sore though.

I have a slight feeling I won't be caring how sore it is. :smile:

By the pneumonia jag, do you mean the pneumococcal one? I had that one a couple of months ago and was fine with it. I guess different bodies and immune systems work in different ways.

Jambo-Jimbo
2 minutes ago, redjambo said:

I have a slight feeling I won't be caring how sore it is. :smile:

By the pneumonia jag, do you mean the pneumococcal one? I had that one a couple of months ago and was fine with it. I guess different bodies and immune systems work in different ways.

Yeh that one, might have just been me, shoulder went solid, red, hot and sore for a few days afterwards, then was ok.

Jambo-Jimbo
10 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Starting to think the best hope is this thing keeps mutating to the point it starts to become weaker.I don't think it's going to be a vaccine that stops this but hopefully they find drugs that stop it being so brutal and strong that it ends up killing unlucky individuals.

Yip, my thinking as well, not holding my breath on a vaccine, hope they can get one and it gives life long immunity, but...................

SwindonJambo
33 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

I wouldn't wipe my arse with the Daily Mail but I do believe the Chinese stats are fabricated nonsense. Iran's and Russia's too. 

It's impossible to accurately compare countries when there's no consistency to the testing rates or how deaths are counted. And that's just for the free World. 

The Mighty Thor
10 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

I don’t have a massive issues for the flights coming in and out. People on the flights aren’t tourists. They will be repatriation or essential travel. When they come into the U.K. they are under the same rules as everyone here,

They are going straight home to lockdown. 

Whilst cries of testing at border control seem a tad optimistic considering the current testing issues we have around testing!

Not convinced they present much more of a risk. People will be travelling because they have no option; other than the odd arsehole. It’s just essential travel 🤷🏻‍♂️

Think it’s a distraction from bigger issues personally.

say thats not the case. The family in question here have decided to self isolate, they were not advised to do so not by the US govt or HM govt. 

Its not a distraction from a bigger issue it will be the transmission method of our second wave infections with a potentially mutated strain from another country. 

We are an island, run by a government who's sole mission in life has been to take back control of our borders and our immigration. They can't even get that right in a time of national emergency. 

Jambo-Jimbo
55 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

say thats not the case. The family in question here have decided to self isolate, they were not advised to do so not by the US govt or HM govt. 

Its not a distraction from a bigger issue it will be the transmission method of our second wave infections with a potentially mutated strain from another country. 

We are an island, run by a government who's sole mission in life has been to take back control of our borders and our immigration. They can't even get that right in a time of national emergency. 

Do we just leave people stuck in New Zealand or India or Peru or wherever.

There was a poster on here whose daughter I think it was was also stuck in New Zealand and he was frantic in getting her back, do you just tell him, ah feck her she's not getting back in.

You have to either bring your people back and/or allow them to come back home, can you just imagine the shit storm if the government a tory brexit government said that's it the border is closed nobody British national or otherwise is allowed back in from X date, absolute shit storm mate.

I will agree with you that there should be more advice handed out, however with everything shut and social distancing etc etc where are the family in question going to go to spread the virus (if they had it), that is why we are locked down and pretty much everything is shut down to try and stop people from spreading it around.

If they follow the rules the only people whom they are going to spread it to, are themselves.

Tommy Brown
10 hours ago, SwindonJambo said:

I wouldn't wipe my arse with the Daily Mail but I do believe the Chinese stats are fabricated nonsense. Iran's and Russia's too. 

It's impossible to accurately compare countries when there's no consistency to the testing rates or how deaths are counted. And that's just for the free World.

UK and Germany stats regarding critical cases are scandalous. Figure hasn't changed all week, why?

Italy, Spain, France records show improvement, particularly Italy, visibly for last two weeks.

UK stats reporting are a disgrace. I genuinely fear we have no inkling where we stand or how to step on.

Tommy Brown

Andrew Marr trying to get Alok Sharma to admit that UK are going to be have the worst death rates in Europe.

Usual non answers, listening to advice at the right time shite.

Marr telling him we ****ed up with busy tubes, sporting events, etc.

Repeat non answers.

Moving onto care home deaths not in official figures. Asked for a death figure.

Don't ask.

16 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Seems to be growing chat that modern technology Is going to be used to aid us coming out to lock down. Think China and some other countries have done it, 

Basically it designed to enable the trace and track to control it. If someone tests/shows symptoms of CoRonavirus can track who that person has been in touch with etc and isolate the appropriate people. Also possibly being interpreted with testing to provide a passport but considering the issues with testing at the moment not sure how practical that is. 

I can understand the logic but the thought of being actively traced doesn’t sit well with me. Albeit, if it meant returning to some form of normality I’d probably accept it; very grudgingly.

South Korea had been using the mobile tracing China had as part of the the tracing but Koreans started flaunting lockdown rules do they will now also be fitting those that flaunt rules with a band/tag

dobmisterdobster
1 hour ago, Tommy Brown said:

Andrew Marr trying to get Alok Sharma to admit that UK are going to be have the worst death rates in Europe.

Usual non answers, listening to advice at the right time shite.

Marr telling him we ****ed up with busy tubes, sporting events, etc.

Repeat non answers.

Moving onto care home deaths not in official figures. Asked for a death figure.

Don't ask.

When compared with population, we are barely in the top 5 in Europe.

It's misleading to compare raw death figures.

Jambo-Jimbo
16 minutes ago, ArcticJambo said:

Did they need rescuing?

Did they ask to be rescued?

I don't think that's actually the point if they needed rescued or not.

Coronavirus or no Coronavirus, lock-down or no lock-down, they have put the lives of the Lifeboat crew in danger, especially when it need never have happened, because there is an easy way to find out the tide times, seemingly.

Tommy Brown
34 minutes ago, dobmisterdobster said:

When compared with population, we are barely in the top 5 in Europe.

It's misleading to compare raw death figures.

We have a similar population to Italy. We have learned zip all from them.

We will have the highest death rate in Europe. Shameful.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/09/covid-19-hundreds-of-uk-care-home-deaths-not-added-to-official-toll

Add another 1000 for these being hidden away.

Edited by Tommy Brown

2 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

We have a similar population to Italy. We have learned zip all from them.

We will have the highest death rate in Europe. Shameful.

Agreed, two advantages we had over Italy - more time and we are an island.  

We haven't used either of these to our advantage and our death rate will be higher than it needed to be.  

Edited by Shanks

ArcticJambo

If they were safe, and not requiring any medical attention, and were able to communicate this then appropriate decisions should have been made on whether to rescue or not.  The story doesn't go into enough detail, unfortunately.  I'll assume that because they've done this multiple times for probably at least as long as the coast guard has been around, certainly in modern times, then the authorities have erred on the side of caution, and then decided to make an example of them.

It's a story I'd expect to see in this day & age.

Tommy Brown
2 minutes ago, Shanks said:

Agreed, two advantages we had over Italy - more time and we are an island.  

We haven't used either of these to our advantage and our death rate will be higher than it needed to be.  

Cheers mate

For posters to talk in deaths/population and make out we aren't doing any worse. Sickens me.

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic