Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

If it's killing more men, maybe the key the vaccine is through women's genetics. Just thinking out loud.

Remove ovaries from female mice and death rates are pretty much same.

Was discussed on radio last week.

2 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Remove ovaries from female mice and death rates are pretty much same.

Was discussed on radio last week.

Estrogen might be the key.

28 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Fell a ****er The other day during a run. Struggling to lift my arm properly since. Normal times I would head along to the western get it checked but not going to bother. Think it is just jarred but it is quite swollen. 

Can't blame folk not wanting to add to the already struggling NHS. If folk are genuinely really ill though you are correct the need to go to their doctors. 

Call 111 first and they will advise.

I think West Lothian are trialling video conference checks with nurses, may be an option elsewhere.

It wasn't on your second run of the day?  You did say stuff the once out a day rules in an earlier post.

But seriously, this could lead to longer term damage.  Make the call.  Jason Leith told us to yesterday.

7 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Estrogen might be the key.

Willies aff  - sex changes for all men ( on the NHS natch!)

Edited by Spellczech

3 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Willie's aff  - sex changes for all men ( on the NHS natch!)

Who needs them! :D

9 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Call 111 first and they will advise.

I think West Lothian are trialling video conference checks with nurses, may be an option elsewhere.

It wasn't on your second run of the day?  You did say stuff the once out a day rules in an earlier post.

But seriously, this could lead to longer term damage.  Make the call.  Jason Leith told us to yesterday.

I went a walk with the family then went a run later in the evening. Hardly the crime of the century which was the point I was trying to make but It backfired spectacularly. Broke my phone as well.

I'll phone tomorrow if it isn't any better. 

Edited by AlimOzturk

1 minute ago, AlimOzturk said:

I went a walk with the family then went a run later in the evening. Hardly the crime of the century which was the point I was trying to make but It backfired spectacularly. Broke my phone as well.

👍

7 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

I'll phone tomorrow if it isn't any better. 

Hope it's feeling better tomorrow 👍👍

Think there's a balance between normal A+E usage and the current usage. Most of the time a large amount of the people waiting really have no need to be there and are just wasting resources.

Jambo-Jimbo
48 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

People who are ill and  don't have Coronavirus need to get their arses to the hospital and the doctors. Folk falling ill and not wanting to bother the NHS is costing them their lives.

Mrs JJ went into work last week and there were 3 patients on the stroke ward, she asked where are all the patients (normally they can have 20+), the other nurses & doctors said they were wondering the same, one of the doctors said it's the same on the cardiac ward, only a few there as well.

They reckoned that folks are having heart attacks & strokes in the house and are not phoning 999, they'll find them in their house in the next week or so when the smell gets too bad.

It must be like this up and down the country, because I've heard in both the Scottish & English pressers, pleas being made for people who are really ill with heart attacks & strokes etc to call for an ambulance and that the NHS is still open.

My Daughter in Law is a Dr in St Johns A&E the other day they had 1 patient all day shift, 1 patient. Folks are just not going to hospital if they can help it. 

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
4 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Mrs JJ went into work last week and there were 3 patients on the stroke ward, she asked where are all the patients (normally they can have 20+), the other nurses & doctors said they were wondering the same, one of the doctors said it's the same on the cardiac ward, only a few there as well.

They reckoned that folks are having heart attacks & strokes in the house and are not phoning 999, they'll find them in their house in the next week or so when the smell gets too bad.

It must be like this up and down the country, because I've heard in both the Scottish & English pressers, pleas being made for people who are really ill with heart attacks & strokes etc to call for an ambulance and that the NHS is still open.

a good few of them will have died from covid just before the heart attack was ready to happen that why some of them haven’t turned up

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
1 hour ago, Bongo 1874 said:

And the sooner people realise that the better, how can you have people going back to normal, what logic do you go by? aww that's person has had it before so he has Immunity. 

Bollocks!!!  this virsus kills anyone doesn't matter how fit you are, 11 year old boy today died in England ****ing brutal man I'm in tears, such a cruel way to go out his family can't even properly get to give him a funeral. 

When is reality going to sink in to these Incompetent fools, this ain't going away. 

Until like people have said we have a vaccine, simple as the world that we live in today isn't the world we know.

Call me crazy all you want i don't care what people think about me, they say that 80% of people recover from this just having mild symptoms, I truly believe i had the mild symptoms, touch wood. 

What stats do they have to prove that as fact none? 

But ministers are aiming to lift the more drastic lockdown measures in weeks, including the potential of opening up schools in June, and shops.

Other non-essential services to be phased back in could include restaurants and pubs, although they may have to limit their numbers.

Your having a ****ing laugh man haha, that will result in nothing but genocide, will any of the ministers and government put themselves forward to be at risk. 

Look at China they have just opened back up only to lockdown again, what failures. 

all these questions have been answered on here and in the media albeit not the nice clean definite answers you are unrealistically looking for

the good news it might not be quite as bad you are thinking

Evil Witch asked twice to apologise for the government failing to provide enough PPE and for Hancock trying to blame NHS workers for using it too much.

She says, twice, "I'm sorry people feel that way"

:jjno:  :seething:

Edited by Cade

9 minutes ago, Cade said:

Evil Witch asked twice to apologise for the government failing to provide enough PPE and for Hancock trying to blame NHS workers for using it too much.

She says, twice, "I'm sorry people feel that way"

:jjno:  :seething:

Snug smirking witch of a women

Jambo-Jimbo
26 minutes ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

a good few of them will have died from covid just before the heart attack was ready to happen that why some of them haven’t turned up

You are still going to get your daily average number of serious conditions happening, covid-19 or no covid-19.

3 minutes ago, The Brow said:

Genuinely baffled that folk can vote for these *****. 

Utter weirdos. 

Aye but they clapped for the nhs workers though

Edited by mutley

Jambo-Jimbo
16 minutes ago, mutley said:

Aye but they clapped for the nhs workers though

They also cheered as well, when they refused them a pay rise.

58 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

One of the big reasons the lockdown will be eased ASAP

51 minutes ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

all these questions have been answered on here and in the media albeit not the nice clean definite answers you are unrealistically looking for

the good news it might not be quite as bad you are thinking

I hope so but can you honestly say you are confident of the people in charge, getting us out of this mess?. 

Jambo-Jimbo

America has now overtaken Italy to now have the worst death total, over 19,800, and will have over 20,000 by the end of today.

This is despite Trump saying last night that America were doing better than many other countries in terms of the number of deaths.

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
20 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

You are still going to get your daily average number of serious conditions happening, covid-19 or no covid-19.

you can’t have a heart attack if you’re already dead boss

if every single person in uk committed suicide today do you think that might affect next week’s heart attack numbers?

just to be clear I never said they had all died from Covid only some (as yet an unknown number)

What sense does it make to ease a lockdown, all your doing is encouraging a second wave and alot more deaths not needed. 

Just look at China. 

1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

What sense does it make to ease a lockdown, all your doing is encouraging a second wave and alot more deaths not needed. 

Just look at China. 

Ease the lockdown let's be honest this in the UK has barely been a lockdown apart from the folk that can't work because of it and struggling to get money in for the rest it's been treated like a holiday.While key workers still go out and put themselves at risk.

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

I hope so but can you honestly say you are confident of the people in charge, getting us out of this mess?. 

not really that’s why you need to make your own decisions up to a point

if boris declared tomorrow it was fine for you to cram onto the London tube would you?

folk will probably keep dying of this but at more manageable levels (still all tragedies for those involved obviously)

theres surely got to be a trade-off between ‘normal’ life and risk of dying of covid just like allowing cars, alcohol, bungee jumping to varying degrees

there’s also the chance of vaccine and better treatments worrying but don’t give up mate

I'm sorry I generalised a lot of people in that last post.I meant the arserholes out there which there is quite a lot.

1 minute ago, vegas-voss said:

Ease the lockdown let's be honest this in the UK has barely been a lockdown apart from the folk that can't work because of it and struggling to get money in for the rest it's been treated like a holiday.While key workers still go out and put themselves at risk.

Sadly I agree with this some people just don't get it, maybe it will finally hit them if it affects them or a family member?. 

3 minutes ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

not really that’s why you need to make your own decisions up to a point

if boris declared tomorrow it was fine for you to cram onto the London tube would you?

folk will probably keep dying of this but at more manageable levels (still all tragedies for those involved obviously)

theres surely got to be a trade-off between ‘normal’ life and risk of dying of covid just like allowing cars, alcohol, bungee jumping to varying degrees

there’s also the chance of vaccine and better treatments worrying but don’t give up mate

Personally speaking i would rather everything was kept to a minimum, I'm praying and hoping we get a vaccine mate. 

Jambo-Jimbo
20 minutes ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

you can’t have a heart attack if you’re already dead boss

if every single person in uk committed suicide today do you think that might affect next week’s heart attack numbers?

just to be clear I never said they had all died from Covid only some (as yet an unknown number)

And you will still have people who haven't got Covid-19 who have a heart attack or stroke, that's what I'm saying.

I'm not on about the people who have covid-19 I'm on about those who haven't.

The Internet
13 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

I'm sorry I generalised a lot of people in that last post.I meant the arserholes out there which there is quite a lot.

There might be but I honestly think, in Scotland anyway, the reaction has been solid. England might be a different story but from what I've seen folk here are staying at home, only going out for a walk or jog or shops and always at least trying to keep their distance. There's always going to be a section of ***** that think they're above it all having house parties and stuff but it's an extreme minority imo.

4 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

So they are saying they have done about 200k in a few days where they were struggling to do 10k before then.Im with you lying ****s

The Internet

I think you'll find the correct number is three hundred thousand thirty four nine hundred and seventy four thousand.

I think the Tories are in full damage limitation mode over the last 2 or 3 days.  Thus far, they're failing miserably.

Doctoring numbers, shifting the blame onto nurses etc regarding ppe etc etc. This will only end one way.  Only those staunch Daily Mail and Sun reader will still be there come the end of this complete farce we're now seeing on a near daily basis.

Funny how the media were awash with Italian/Spanish reports when the numbers in both Spain and Italy were around the 700-800 mark.  Now we are hitting over 1000 per day (remember only hospital deaths have been reported), nothing.  They have nothing. We are now in a worse position than Italy and Spain ever were.  Let that sink in.  Thank **** we have Trump and the US to make us look good.

Edited by BlackJAC?

Jambo-Jimbo
30 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

24 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

So they are saying they have done about 200k in a few days where they were struggling to do 10k before then.Im with you lying ****s

No they're not fiddling the figures or saying that, the figure Patel had trouble saying and got tongue tied with, is the total number of tests that has been done so far, not what has been done in the last day or two.

Worldometers has the current total UK tested figure at 334,974, yesterday that figure was 316,836 meaning that 18,138 were tested yesterday.

She only got planted out today because she was beginning to draw attention by her total absence so far.    She's not the only one though.    

1 minute ago, Victorian said:

She only got planted out today because she was beginning to draw attention by her total absence so far.    She's not the only one though.    

Just as well Heathrow is still open

36 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

I think you'll find the correct number is three hundred thousand thirty four nine hundred and seventy four thousand.

Haha I never even noticed too much in a rage about her

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, BlackJAC? said:

Not sure if it's been posted.

Hes been on the ball on twitter...brilliantly savage and truthful.  Despite being a Hibbie...we need people like him pulling up this government 

WoolfordsHearts

I was finding this topic on here very informative previously.

Now it's went all political and weird.

3 minutes ago, WoolfordsHearts said:

It gets particularly political after the UK press conference in the late afternoon so avoid that period if you don't like that sort of stuff. At other times, it can be really informative, although I think that folk are getting more jaded the further we get into this. Stick with it.

WoolfordsHearts
3 minutes ago, redjambo said:

It gets particularly political after the UK press conference in the late afternoon so avoid that period if you don't like that sort of stuff. At other times, it can be really informative, although I think that folk are getting more jaded the further we get into this. Stick with it.

A good point well made.👍

Jambo-Jimbo
3 minutes ago, WoolfordsHearts said:

Indeed, guess it was only a matter of time.

I had hoped that by posting the story this morning from South Korea about the 91 people who have tested positive again after seemingly recovering from the virus would get the debate back on track, even briefly, but alas it seemed some were more interested on trying to score petty stupid political points, than acually discuss what the thread is supposed to be about.

1 hour ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

No they're not fiddling the figures or saying that, the figure Patel had trouble saying and got tongue tied with, is the total number of tests that has been done so far, not what has been done in the last day or two.

Worldometers has the current total UK tested figure at 334,974, yesterday that figure was 316,836 meaning that 18,138 were tested yesterday.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/news.sky.com/story/amp/coronavirus-national-coronavirus-testing-centre-only-conducting-1500-tests-a-day-11971991

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic