Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

31 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Stop the flights. Remove the issue. Pretty easy for an island. 

If you stop the flights you stop vital medical supplies coming in not to mention the British people who are trying to get home.

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Jambof3tornado
49 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

Can I ask in what way you're risking your life? Genuine question. 

Frontline NHS. 

Fitzroy Pointon
3 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Frontline NHS. 

Respect. As I said in a post a while back. All NHS STAFF have my utmost respect. 

I'M HSCP and unfortunately my boss deems our service (addictions) to be essential at this time which means having to go to the office 2/3 times a week to do work that could probably be done from home. 

4 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

Respect. As I said in a post a while back. All NHS STAFF have my utmost respect. 

I'M HSCP and unfortunately my boss deems our service (addictions) to be essential at this time which means having to go to the office 2/3 times a week to do work that could probably be done from home. 

Your job is essential. 

There will be a lot of potential relapses out there. 

Edited by BudgeUp

Fitzroy Pointon
17 minutes ago, BudgeUp said:

Your job is essential. 

There will be a lot of potential relapses out there. 

True. Sometimes I just feel that the bosses are only interested in their stats and waiting times returns.  

This whole think is making me more cynical by the day. 

Weakened Offender
1 hour ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

There was every chance we would have anyway.

For example, the UK has a higher rate of obesity than Italy, Spain, France etc etc, our diet is shit, our alcohol intake does us no favours add in the damp weather in often poor housing, long working hours and poor social opportunities and high levels of stress.

That's a bad mixture to have.

We are also a country of spineless plebs who tolerate a media that's more concerned about how Boris Johnson is feeling than they are about 1000 deaths a day. 

Edited by Weakened Offender

Jambof3tornado
39 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

My wife is a RMN working from home as face to face meetings with service users are out for now. Some of the calls she is taking are fekkin harrowing. I wouldnt swap my job for hers. Respect.

AlphonseCapone
28 minutes ago, Mad Dog Logan said:

Kenny Dalglish in hospital with Coronavirus😟

He's asymptomatic with cornavirus and was in hospital for something else and was tested as procedure and was "surprisingly" positive. 

Please check your facts before posting things like that;

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/amp/news/announcements/392764-a-message-on-behalf-of-sir-kenny-dalglish-and-family

1 hour ago, milky_26 said:

GlossyElectricCoot-size_restricted.gif

Oh bugger. Not someone else on here who appears to know me in real life. This could get embarrassing.

Mad Dog Logan
1 minute ago, AlphonseCapone said:

He's asymptomatic with cornavirus and was in hospital for something else and was tested as procedure and was "surprisingly" positive. 

Please check your facts before posting things like that;

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/amp/news/announcements/392764-a-message-on-behalf-of-sir-kenny-dalglish-and-family

What do you mean please check my facts before posting things like that, so he isn't in hospital then?

If you check Sky Sports News 'Sir Kenny Dalglish in Hospital with Coronavirus'

17 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

We are also a country of spineless plebs who tolerate a media that's more concerned about how Boris Johnson is feeling than they are about 1000 deaths a day. 

It's pure coincidence, or at least merely through negligence on his part, that Boris contracted coronavirus but boy how it has conveniently detracted from the inadequate management of this whole crisis.

2 minutes ago, Mad Dog Logan said:

What do you mean please check my facts before posting things like that, so he isn't in hospital then?

It's technically accurate but it's a misleading headline. Intentional of course - clickbait journalism.

AlphonseCapone
7 minutes ago, Mad Dog Logan said:

Your post would obviously be interpreted as he has been admitted to hospital because of cornavirus, which means folk will assume he has symptoms and might be struggling. Especially with your emoji at the end. That'll worry folk. 

In reality, he went into hospital for something nothing to do with the virus and was tested as per procedure and ended up being positive which came as a surprise. 

Surely you see the difference in messaging between the two above? 

I appreciate you've went with a headline on the news but I'm just saying it's best to do a bit of research before posting things in the current climate as there are a lot of worried people and a lot of misinformation. 

Edited by AlphonseCapone

Spoke tonight to a mate who is a clinical lead doctor in the NHS. I was disgusted to hear that despite the Government spin and lies that there is still a massive shortage of PPE equipment. He tells me that staff are told to in his words” man up” and be positive despite the fact that they have little confidence in the equipment provided protecting them. He is honest enough to say that every day he goes to work he is “shitting himself“ and that does include the family he goes home too. Whilst not wishing Boris any ill will, please remember this is the guy who a month or so ago was keen to tell the press that “he was shaking hands” with infected patients and the last time he clapped for the NHS was to deny them a pay rise. No doubt the Daily Mail will tell us all it never really happened and the Tory’s invented the NHS. 

Edited by Jambo Jim

Mad Dog Logan
1 minute ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Are you being intentionally obtuse?

Your post would obviously be interpreted as he has been admitted to hospital because of cornavirus, which means folk will assume he has symptoms and might be struggling. Especially with your emoji at the end. That'll worry folk. 

In reality, he went into hospital for something nothing to do with the virus and was tested as per procedure and ended up being positive which came as a surprise. 

Surely you see the difference in messaging between the two above? 

I appreciate you've went with a headline on the news but I'm just saying it's best to do a bit of research before posting things in the current climate as there are a lot of worried people and a lot of misinformation. 

No I'm not being intentionally obtuse, but if it makes you happy I apologise on behalf of myself and Sky Sports..

AlphonseCapone
4 minutes ago, Mad Dog Logan said:

No I'm not being intentionally obtuse, but if it makes you happy I apologise on behalf of myself and Sky Sports..

I did edit that out as it was arsey but you obviously quoted me beforehand. I'm just a bit tired of some of the nonsense I've been reading on a variety of places and the media in general are to blame most of the time. They do my head in. 

Jambo-Jimbo
3 hours ago, graygo said:

How many passengers?

We're they being repatriated or traveling essentially?

You need those answers before saying it's an issue.

I'll give you an idea, and this was 3 to 4 weeks ago.

These flights were all on or after the lock-downs were brought in.

Gatwick to Valencia, outbound flight 22 passengers, inbound 167 (IIRC), this was the first day Spain introduced their lock-down.

Gatwick to Naples, outbound 34 passengers, inbound flight 64 passengers.

Gatwick to Venice, outbound 6 passengers, inbound 14 passengers.

And it was reported* that lots of other flights all over Europe had similar numbers, some were pretty full bringing Brits back home but most were a few dozen or less here and there, some were even empty, and this was 3 to 4 weeks ago, I'd wager there are even less people travelling now.

As for a link, I don't have one, one of my daughters works for Easyjet & her partner is a BA first officer, and it's their job to know how many passengers they have on board.

*From friends & colleagues ie: other cabin crew & pilots.

Mad Dog Logan
3 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

I did edit that out as it was arsey but you obviously quoted me beforehand. I'm just a bit tired of some of the nonsense I've been reading on a variety of places and the media in general are to blame most of the time. They do my head in. 

Ok no worries👍

Jambo-Jimbo
15 minutes ago, redjambo said:

It's pure coincidence, or at least merely through negligence on his part, that Boris contracted coronavirus but boy how it has conveniently detracted from the inadequate management of this whole crisis.

For a little while, yes.

But it is something which won't go away (PPE not Johnson) It'll take much more than Boris taking Ill to detract from what will be a major issue after this is over.

Francis Albert
7 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Just think personally how it has been handled, when they were giving plenty warning is disgraceful. 

We all seen what was happening in China but for some reason didn't pick up on it?. 

The Chinese suppressed news of what was happening in China for at least a month or two.

Edited by Francis Albert

Francis Albert
32 minutes ago, Mad Dog Logan said:

No he is in hospital with something else and happens also to have Coronavirus. Just as many reported Coronovirus deaths are actually deaths of people who have died of something else but happen to have had the virus.

12 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

The Chinese suppressed news of what was happening in China for a month or two.

I am sure that the British govt were as aware as anyone including the BBC in early January of this virus in the UK. Not withstanding this did it not occur to to anyone  that what was happening in China “may” lead to a crises in Europe and advance planning may be advisable. Na, to much Brexit to deal with. Mark you that’s what the public wanted.

Francis Albert
12 minutes ago, Jambo Jim said:

I am sure that the British govt were as aware as anyone including the BBC in early January of this virus in the UK. Not withstanding this did it not occur to to anyone  that what was happening in China “may” lead to a crises in Europe and advance planning may be advisable. Na, to much Brexit to deal with. Mark you that’s what the public wanted.

The British government were no more or less aware than every government in the West. Your Brexit point is a complete irrelevance.

21 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

The British government were no more or less aware than every government in the West. Your Brexit point is a complete irrelevance.

How much airtime was given by ministers to the potential pandemic than to the Brexit debate. Were you made aware in Feb as to the possibility of what was to come or more aware of the Brexit debate. To suggest that this in some way irrelevant is a nonsense. Party politics was always the major driver. 

1 hour ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

I'll give you an idea, and this was 3 to 4 weeks ago.

These flights were all on or after the lock-downs were brought in.

Gatwick to Valencia, outbound flight 22 passengers, inbound 167 (IIRC), this was the first day Spain introduced their lock-down.

Gatwick to Naples, outbound 34 passengers, inbound flight 64 passengers.

Gatwick to Venice, outbound 6 passengers, inbound 14 passengers.

And it was reported* that lots of other flights all over Europe had similar numbers, some were pretty full bringing Brits back home but most were a few dozen or less here and there, some were even empty, and this was 3 to 4 weeks ago, I'd wager there are even less people travelling now.

As for a link, I don't have one, one of my daughters works for Easyjet & her partner is a BA first officer, and it's their job to know how many passengers they have on board.

*From friends & colleagues ie: other cabin crew & pilots.

Thanks for that, confirms my thoughts.

1 hour ago, Francis Albert said:

The Chinese suppressed news of what was happening in China for at least a month or two.

Yeah but there were people that raised the alarm 

Francis Albert
30 minutes ago, Jambo Jim said:

How much airtime was given by ministers to the potential pandemic than to the Brexit debate. Were you made aware in Feb as to the possibility of what was to come or more aware of the Brexit debate. To suggest that this in some way irrelevant is a nonsense. Party politics was always the major driver. 

By February the Brexit debate was done with except for those who refused to accept they had lost. Apparently some like you still think it is still of some relevance to our current situation.

If you believe this PM was not aware what was to come then so be it. To me his failure to plan ahead, bulk buy essential PPE and make the public aware of what may happen borders on the criminal. You tell those who have lost a love one that we could and should have acted earlier to save a life but we did not. 

2 minutes ago, Jambo Jim said:

If you believe this PM was not aware what was to come then so be it. To me his failure to plan ahead, bulk buy essential PPE and make the public aware of what may happen borders on the criminal. You tell those who have lost a love one that we could and should have acted earlier to save a life but we did not. 

Spot on. 

Francis Albert
12 minutes ago, Jambo Jim said:

I would happily tell.them all of that. You are making totally unfounded judgements.

Just now, Francis Albert said:

I would happily tell.them all of that. You are making totally unfounded judgements.

Why. Did he not tell the press that he had shaken hands with infected patients. I notice the police did not caution him despite the ongoing carnage this potential ongoing transmission could have caused. Equally the Prince of Wales got of lightly for moving home whilst infected but this was overlooked when his mother gave us a wee speech as to how to “self isolate” but failed to tell him. I await to see if the police drive up to caution the Royal Family for someone for sitting in their garden. This virus was known to be on its way for a lot longer than the govt lets on otherwise James Bond and his mates were not doing their job. Maybe we should trust  the good old USA on this issue as they are our “special” friends.

Francis Albert
1 minute ago, Jambo Jim said:

Why. Did he not tell the press that he had shaken hands with infected patients. I notice the police did not caution him despite the ongoing carnage this potential ongoing transmission could have caused. Equally the Prince of Wales got of lightly for moving home whilst infected but this was overlooked when his mother gave us a wee speech as to how to “self isolate” but failed to tell him. I await to see if the police drive up to caution the Royal Family for someone for sitting in their garden. This virus was known to be on its way for a lot longer than the govt lets on otherwise James Bond and his mates were not doing their job. Maybe we should trust  the good old USA on this issue as they are our “special” friends.

This may be a wild and unsupported idea ... But maybe you have a bit of an agenda?

AlphonseCapone
3 minutes ago, Jambo Jim said:

I don't want to intrude on your debate but caution him on what grounds, he didn't break any laws. 

2 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

This may be a wild and unsupported idea ... But maybe you have a bit of an agenda?

No, the problem to me is you don’t. 

2 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

I don't want to intrude on your debate but caution him on what grounds, he didn't break any laws. 

Knowing what he was aware off at the time do you honestly think that Shaking Hands was a good thing. Laws apart. 

heartgarfunkel
45 minutes ago, Jambo Jim said:

Absolutely correct and totally irrefutable. Prof Devi Sridhar at Edinburgh University was calling this out weeks ago. 

10 minutes ago, Cade said:

In 2017, the NHS asked for a bigger stockpile of PPE.

Jeremy Hunt said no, it was a waste of money.

And that was that.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/27/advice-on-protective-gear-for-nhs-staff-was-rejected-owing-to-cost

Don’t tell some on here.

They will think you have an agenda.

Edited by Jambo Jim

AlphonseCapone
24 minutes ago, Jambo Jim said:

Knowing what he was aware off at the time do you honestly think that Shaking Hands was a good thing. Laws apart. 

I think it was utterly stupid personally. But the police couldn't realistically caution him. 

Just now, AlphonseCapone said:

I think it was utterly stupid personally. But the police couldn't realistically caution him. 

Can I ask why? Is a Tory PM above the law? He received the same treatment in hospital as you and I so I assume the law applies in the same way as well?

Toxteth O'Grady

This Government has scrimped on the NHS for years.They even applauded blocking a pay rise for nurses.

Sending Doctors and Nurses to work without the correct protective equipment while awarding themselves extra money for working from home is criminal

They are a shower of shite

AlphonseCapone
24 minutes ago, Jambo Jim said:

Can I ask why? Is a Tory PM above the law? He received the same treatment in hospital as you and I so I assume the law applies in the same way as well?

It's not illegal to shake the hands of people with the cornavirus. It's utterly stupid but it's not illegal. He done this before the lockdown came into place so he wasn't breaking any rules on that front. 

I think we agree it was daft but unless you can produce something that suggests otherwise, it wasn't illegal. 

30 minutes ago, Jambo Jim said:

at that point what law did he break? remember social distancing was not in at that point

25 minutes ago, Jambo Jim said:

Boris claimed to have shaken hands with coronavirus patients on 2 March, quite a while (UK crisis-wise) before the Government finally started advising us to social distance by 2m. Even with that, social distancing has remained advisory, not a legal requirement.

55 minutes ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

This Government has scrimped on the NHS for years.They even applauded blocking a pay rise for nurses.

Sending Doctors and Nurses to work without the correct protective equipment while awarding themselves extra money for working from home is criminal

They are a shower of shite

They had their credit limit increased in case they needed extra equipment to work remotely, it can only be spent on equipment. It's not extra money for working from home.

1 hour ago, Jambo Jim said:

Charlie didn't know he had the virus when he went to Balmoral and in any case it was before the lockdown.

Why do folk make shite up.

ps. He's still a knob.

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic