Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

It's an all-year problem in Gateshead.

Ultra-Orthodox Jew have a lot of religious festivals and holidays every year and use them as an excuse to let their teenagers roam the street pissed as a fart and causing bother.

Police who are called out by neighbours always get accused of antisemitism so they usually just stay in the station and let them do as they want.

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

indianajones
3 minutes ago, Old Blue Eyes said:

Playing with fire, they might decimate their own herd.

God will look after them.

One of the interesting consequences of the pandemic is the different perspective it gives you.

I just looked at the "Latest Updates" section on BBC News and there were a whole host of coronavirus-related updates, but the most recent update was "Welsh street loses title as world's steepest: Records book bosses change their mind and give the record back to a town in New Zealand."

And I'm like

:muggy:

image.gif

17 minutes ago, Cade said:

Ultra-Orthodox Jews in Gateshead are causing problems according to some of my friends in the area (and in Israel too).

They are congregating in large numbers and simply going about their daily life as normal.

Anybody challenging them on this is instantly called an antisemite.

Local bobbies don't get involved because they don't want to be suspended pending a formal investigation into whether or not they were being anitsemitic by breaking up large groups of Jewish youths.

Israel has gone as far as to seal off and blockade Orthodox areas, forming internal Ghettos.

:vrface:

A lot of simpletons are desperate to put themselves into contention for an award from this guy.

tenor.gif

tenor.gif

14 minutes ago, indianajones said:

God will look after them.

Aye, he/she/thing/spirit/fairy owe's them one.

What an opportunity for one of them to make an appearance and go all-In...🌈

Edited by Old Blue Eyes

highlandjambo3
2 hours ago, BlackJAC? said:

Can't really compare Africa to Europe. I suspect most people don't live in high density areas and are more spread out.  Each country differs greatly.  Saying South Africa is representative of Democratic Republic of the Congo is akin to saying London is similar to Greenland. 

My comparison was really aimed at like fir like countries in Europe, it was aimed at the numbers there quotes so far and, how that’s likely to increase x10, although I may not have made that clear.  As you say a lot of African countries are quite dense but, like most countries, large populations live in their cities often on top of each other and there are many weak/failed states with very little (if any) support services to assist the population, social distancing and self isolation will be for the wealthy only.

manaliveits105

70 deaths in Scotland (but again not accurate - probably underestimate) looks like about 500 plus with weekly revised figure to Sunday plus 3 days 

still daily complaints about lack of  ppe despite FM and HS daily reassurances - lets get it sorted .

I P Knightley
1 hour ago, BlackJAC? said:

I'm not saying there isn't high density cities in Africa, I was just saying most populations live in sprawled out habitats. Some villages are isolated to such an extent that the next village can be hours apart.

A mistake most people make is assuming Africa is like one large country because of the way media report it, but the differences between each country can be striking.

All true. 

When the virus hits one of the cities, it will be more rampant than many European cities but the transfer of the virus from town to town to village will be much slower. 

But it's hot down there in Africa and Donald Trump promised me that historically this virus (which none of us ever expected or have seen before) will die in the heat. :( 

8 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Dont see the problem here. 

If they are breaking the law they need stopped. 

As long as the Police are even handed any accusations of religious bias would be dismissed imo. 

This thing is more important than religion. 

Is it a law or is it government advice? This has been one of the confusions that leads people to behave in different ways; all believing that they're doing nothing wrong. 

14 hours ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Hope you're keeping well mate. 

So far, so good, Al.

Thanks for asking, hope you are too?

The Old Tolbooth
2 hours ago, Old Blue Eyes said:

What's it?...Is it 1 or is it 2? Rather vague. Covidiots and the obedient will have bother with that instruction.

Good point, they can't seem to follow simple instructions as it is, my neighbour is winding me right up with mates of his coming and going all day just now because they're bored ffs, he even chapped my door to ask if I needed anything as I'm 12 weeks stuck at home, and I said no because he's been mixing with so many people, when I actually could have done with a few things. 

1 hour ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

i hope not as folk need to walk their dogs and stuff

some flaws in the current set-up could be minimised with stricter policing if there’s the resource for that 

That's the thing mate, we probably don't have the resources, although if everyone was at home, then what police we have could patrol the streets I guess

44 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

And how the hell could that possibly be enforced?

I think it would need to be concentrated more to cities than rural areas, places that are heavily populated, but you're right, we don't really have resources to do that, even if we called in the army. 

3 hours ago, Dazo said:

Up for debate but you can be highly contagious before symptoms appear. Up to you Roller but if it was just me and the mrs in these very boring times the spare room would be the last place I’d be. 😜

Mrs Cant is a key worker who works in a building where social distancing is next to impossible. 20% either off sick or isolating. She’s been in the spare room since lockdown and she’ll stay there till the SD rules are lifted. We sit at opposite ends of the living room in the odd occasion we’re  together  and we divided up all the cutlery, plates and towels and just about everything else in daily use to his and hers. To be fair she’s hardly ever home just now anyway and I’m furloughed so we are up and awake together very rarely. Separate bathrooms too. We share the dug on a night about basis 🐶

Edited by JimmyCant

You can't possibly properly enforce a lockdown.

You punish a few fandans and hope that the rest of the population voluntarily sticks to the rules.

If you let a few selfish/idiotic people mill around without punishment then it encourages others to break the rules.

At the start of the lockdown, some people weren't sticking to the rules because they thought it wasn't all that serious.

They're now getting it and staying in.

On the flip side, some people who did stick to the rules at the start are now breaking them due to boredom.

Then there are the tubes that never had any intention of following advice and won't do no matter what.

End result is roughly the same numbers of fandans on the streets but just different ones.

Edited by Cade

11 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Mrs Cant is a key worker who works in a building where social distancing is next to impossible. 20% either off sick or isolating. She’s been in the spare room since lockdown and she’ll stay there till the SD rules are lifted. We sit at opposite ends of the living room in the odd occasion we’re  together  and we divided up all the cutlery, plates and towels and just about everything else in daily use to his and hers. To be fair she’s hardly ever home just now anyway and I’m furloughed so we are up and awake together very rarely. Separate bathrooms too. We share the dug on a night about basis 🐶

Might want to give the dug a swerve.

https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/news/edinburgh-news/keep-cats-indoor-prevent-catching-18060008

CF11JamTart

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51506729

"People should only exercise once a day, although in England, Scotland and Northern Ireland there is no legal ban on exercising more than that. In Wales, which sets its own health regulations, exercising more than once a day is now illegal - and potentially a criminal offence".

In Wales... to have a bit more leverage to deal with the fandans who wilfully disregard the guidelines. And to emphasise that this is serious.

Fire_At_The_Disco

Only 5 houses in my street and the next door neighbours 2 daughters have just arrived with their men and 3 weans and they are all running round the back garden like it’s a *** party....wtf do I do about this shit? 

indianajones

This stuff will be for cities. 

Not a chance the polis will catch people going out more than once a day up here. 

37 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

Good point, they can't seem to follow simple instructions as it is, my neighbour is winding me right up with mates of his coming and going all day just now because they're bored ffs, he even chapped my door to ask if I needed anything as I'm 12 weeks stuck at home, and I said no because he's been mixing with so many people, when I actually could have done with a few things. 

That's the thing mate, we probably don't have the resources, although if everyone was at home, then what police we have could patrol the streets I guess

I think it would need to be concentrated more to cities than rural areas, places that are heavily populated, but you're right, we don't really have resources to do that, even if we called in the army. 

You need to contact your local council or community council, they'll have numbers for legitimate groups that'll help you with the stuff you need mate...👍

Edited by Old Blue Eyes

Aii, I went for a walk with my family this morning now I am going for a run. 

Bad me. 

8 minutes ago, Tambo_The_Jambo said:

Only 5 houses in my street and the next door neighbours 2 daughters have just arrived with their men and 3 weans and they are all running round the back garden like it’s a *** party....wtf do I do about this shit? 

Call the cops.

Local station, not 999.

17 minutes ago, Tambo_The_Jambo said:

9 minutes ago, Cade said:

Call the cops.

Local station, not 999.

Do the right thing, make the call, save their live's...and others.

Or do nothing...:devlish:

Edited by Old Blue Eyes

17 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Aii, I went for a walk with my family this morning now I am going for a run. 

Bad me. 

Mmmm...potentially exposing yourself again...you go for it!

The Internet

Nothing wrong with going for a run. Lots wrong with kidding on you're pure fighting the repressive system by doing so. 

Anyway, 936 'official' UK deaths today. Probably going to be the worst hit country in Europe by the end. 

33 minutes ago, Tambo_The_Jambo said:

It's all cost and benefit, I'm afraid. Could your neighbours work out who called it in and make life difficult for you? If so, consider not calling it in since the only people who are going to be infected, potentially, are the family themselves and it may not be worth the future hassle you might get from them. If you think however that the neighbours will never know it was you and not one of the other neighbours, do call it in as they need to be made aware that such behaviour isn't acceptable under the current conditions.

5 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Nothing wrong with going for a run. Lots wrong with kidding on you're pure fighting the repressive system by doing so. 

Anyway, 936 'official' UK deaths today. Probably going to be the worst hit country in Europe by the end. 

When are we meant to see a turning point ?

7 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

:D

:(

The Internet
2 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

When are we meant to see a turning point ?

Who knows. Feel like it's a long way off now. Although I think the chat yesterday was number of cases is slowing slightly and there would be a surge in deaths over the next week before we get a better picture. The data is so hard to track though, still early days. 

Edited by Mauricio Pinilla

Just a note that the Scottish stats today include a new section which breaks up various data by health board, including:

. People in hospital at midnight (confirmed or suspected).

. People in intensive care at midnight (confirmed or suspected).

It also includes info on the numbers of 111 calls and NHS staff absences.

Worth a gander.

https://www.gov.scot/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-tests-and-cases-in-scotland/

5 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Who knows. Feel like it's a long way off now. Although I think the chat yesterday was number of cases is slowing slightly and there would be a surge in deaths over the next week before we get a better picture. The data is so hard to track though, still early days. 

Scary numbers coming the next week then.

heatonjambo
2 hours ago, Cade said:

It's an all-year problem in Gateshead.

Ultra-Orthodox Jew have a lot of religious festivals and holidays every year and use them as an excuse to let their teenagers roam the street pissed as a fart and causing bother.

Police who are called out by neighbours always get accused of antisemitism so they usually just stay in the station and let them do as they want.

Do you live in newcastle Cade?

The Old Tolbooth
58 minutes ago, Old Blue Eyes said:

You need to contact your local council or community council, they'll have numbers for legitimate groups that'll help you with the stuff you need mate...👍

It's all good mate, I should have mentioned that a mate of mine offered to go and get anything for us after this happened, it's time like this you find out who your proper friends are. thanks anyway mate. :thumbsup:

The Old Tolbooth
7 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

14 bus drivers now dead in London as well now.Brutal just for going out and doing your job.

That's absolutely savage :( 

A mate of mine has just messaged to say that he's currently struggling for breath in hospital, he's hoping it's his COPD but isn't sure and is terrified, Jesus ****, when is this nightmare going to end... 

19 hours ago, Montgomery Brewster said:

The question I wish some cretin would ask

‘ theres x thousand people tested and y people infected - what the feck disease / illness do these negative cases have ‘ 

they can’t all have flu ? 

TBH the last two weeks I've had a cough and tightness in my chest when breathing. It has not got any worse or any better and indeed I've had a bit of a cough since September. Irony is that I was just thinking of going to the doctor about the slight cough when all this kicked off!

Perhaps it is people like me who have slight symptoms, but are more inclined to go to the doctor, and it is indeed a cold?

I P Knightley
1 hour ago, Tambo_The_Jambo said:

Open up a sweepstake on which one of them's going down with it first.

28 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Just a note that the Scottish stats today include a new section which breaks up various data by health board, including:

. People in hospital at midnight (confirmed or suspected).

. People in intensive care at midnight (confirmed or suspected).

It also includes info on the numbers of 111 calls and NHS staff absences.

Worth a gander.

https://www.gov.scot/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-tests-and-cases-in-scotland/

No no no i don't agree with that one bit, when as a nation are we going to get our fingers out of our arse, they are basing people in hospital with suspected or confirmed, there is nothing to say they haven't had different complications, or when they go to hospital they end up picking up the virus. 

What a fecking shambles our country is an utter fecking shambles, the amount of community testing that could be done with everyone sitting at home, with there thumbs up there ass. 

It's driving me fecking crazy we can't even test out front line nhs staff properly, jesus tonight chicken and fecking rice. 

I tell you what guys the longer this goes on, and the less inactivity we get as human beings, it's not going to matter how much exercise you do a day, people are going to be admitted on other stuff. 

There is no solution on a way out of this basically it's a case of counting down the days, and hoping you don't get it. 

6 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

TBH the last two weeks I've had a cough and tightness in my chest when breathing. It has not got any worse or any better and indeed I've had a bit of a cough since September. Irony is that I was just thinking of going to the doctor about the slight cough when all this kicked off!

Perhaps it is people like me who have slight symptoms, but are more inclined to go to the doctor, and it is indeed a cold?

But the things is mate that's no good, there is nothing to say your symptoms can't get worse. 

You are then sitting there isolating your life away not knowing if you have it or not, I'm all for people staying in doors to keep people safe. 

But to dismiss anyone to not get a test, because of a phone call you make and they then decide if your symptoms are mild or not, is nothing short of a joke. 

That's why the death rate is as high as it is, inevitable people will die I get that. 

But the quicker you can identify someone has it and get treatment on it right away, the better chance of recovery just look at other countries for example, 

They have people going out to the homes of the sick monitoring them. 

12 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

But the things is mate that's no good, there is nothing to say your symptoms can't get worse. 

You are then sitting there isolating your life away not knowing if you have it or not, I'm all for people staying in doors to keep people safe. 

But to dismiss anyone to not get a test, because of a phone call you make and they then decide if your symptoms are mild or not, is nothing short of a joke. 

That's why the death rate is as high as it is, inevitable people will die I get that. 

But the quicker you can identify someone has it and get treatment on it right away, the better chance of recovery just look at other countries for example, 

They have people going out to the homes of the sick monitoring them. 

I'm just getting on with things. I don't go out to the shops as the wife does that in the NHS hours and she doesn't like me shopping anyway as I "buy too much junk"... I go out for a walk every day but am nowhere near anyone else. My wife works in the Covid ICU ward now so there is a good chance I'll get it if I haven't already so for me it is best not to have much contact with people anyway.  I'm not self-isolating from my wife over this. If it gets me it gets me - all I can do is be responsible towards others.

I don't really see the point of mass antigen testing anymore as it is already out there - you are only confirming that somebody has not caught it YET... Now we need the antibody testing more if the World is to start turning again...

There is no magic treatment for this. Even in the ICU all they can do is monitor blood oxygenation, prop up other body functions that are failing and in 70% of cases sedate and ventilate. About 30% of ICU people are still breathing for themselves either with CPAP or bubble, but it is assisted by positive pressure to prevent lungs collapsing. The people in non-ICU Covid Wards are just being monitored, helped with other ailments or on getting breathing assistance.

Edited by Spellczech

When this is all said and done, and hopefully I'm still alive to do this, I will personally be going up to NHS Lothian and applauding every single worker there, it has been them that have answered the call to protect our nation, stick all your political crap right up yer arse, do you really think whatever one you follow gives a toss about our health atm, do they **** we are being brainwashed people from lying corrupt government officials, imagine celebrating that nurses don't get a pay rise how low do you have to be man. 

But then turning around and saying they are doing a great job, yeah your right they are, they have been for the last 20 years or so, you fat greedy money scrounging pigs. 

And as for the other clown in charge I'm best just leaving it there. 

She doesn't know her ass for her elbow. 

8 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

I'm just getting on with things. I don't go out to the shops as the wife does that in the NHS hours and she doesn't like me shopping anyway as I "buy too much junk"... I go out for a walk every day but am nowhere near anyone else. My wife works in the Covid ICU ward now so there is a good chance I'll get it if I haven't already so for me it is best not to have much contact with people anyway.  I'm not self-isolating from my wife over this. If it gets me it gets me - all I can do is be responsible towards others.

I don't really see the point of mass antigen testing anymore as it is already out there - you are only confirming that somebody has not caught it YET... Now we need the antibody testing more if the World is to start turning again...

There is no magic treatment for this. Even in the ICU all they can do is monitor blood oxygenation, prop up other body functions that are failing and in 70% of cases sedate and ventilate. About 30% of ICU people are still breathing for themselves either with CPAP or bubble, but it is assisted by positive pressure to prevent lungs collapsing. The people in non-ICU Covid Wards are just being monitored, helped with other ailments or on getting breathing assistance.

Giving medicine's and getting people on a ventailtor early before it hits bad, has in some cases made a difference according to other countries. 

Why do you think they have Bojo in the now, to give him the best possible chance to survive. 

1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Giving medicine's and getting people on a ventailtor early before it hits bad, has in some cases made a difference according to other countries. 

Why do you think they have Bojo in the now, to give him the best possible chance to survive. 

Yes it is about keeping the lungs flexible once the muscles of the diaphragm tire. Problem we have in the UK is that we still have less than 10000 ventilators as far as I  am aware...Sorry to say this but the combination of things which would make me very nervous would be if I was Male, black, over 50 and heavily overweight...Those are the traits that are filling the hospitals.

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, Cade said:

Call the cops.

Local station, not 999.

You call 101 initially.  Then they will take details and pass it to the police.  999 is mainly for emergencies 

annushorribilis III

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-britain-path-speci-idUSKBN21P1VF

If this article is true, it's a damning article ...

Some of the stuff that leapt out at me ...

Two days later, China put the city of Wuhan, where the outbreak began, into a complete lockdown. Hubei, the surrounding province, would follow. But already, 17 passenger flights had flown directly from Wuhan to Britain since the start of 2020, and 614 flights from the whole of China, according to FlightRadar24, a flight-tracking service. That meant thousands of Chinese, some of them potential carriers, had come to Britain. On April 5, scientific adviser Ferguson said he estimated only one-third of infected people reaching Britain had been detected

“We had milder interventions in place,” said Edmunds, because no one thought it would be acceptable politically “to shut the country down.” He added: “We didn’t model it because it didn’t seem to be on the agenda. And Imperial (College) didn’t look at it either.” The NERVTAG committee agreed, noting in its minutes that tough measures in the short term would be pointless, as they “would only delay the UK outbreak, not prevent it.”

By the end of January, the government’s chief medical adviser, Whitty, was explaining to politicians in private, according to at least two people who spoke to him, that if the virus escaped China, it would in time infect the great majority of people in Britain. It could only be slowed down, not stopped. On Jan 30, the government raised the threat level to “moderate” from “low.

1 hour ago, vegas-voss said:

14 bus drivers now dead in London as well now.Brutal just for going out and doing your job.

Sadiq Khan says all buses are being thoroughly cleaned.... not long later pictures emerged of an absolute rank bus in London. Some people have a lot of explaining to do.

3 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Yes it is about keeping the lungs flexible once the muscles of the diaphragm tire. Problem we have in the UK is that we still have less than 10000 ventilators as far as I  am aware...Sorry to say this but the combination of things which would make me very nervous would be if I was Male, black, over 50 and heavily overweight...Those are the traits that are filling the hospitals.

Scary mate stay safe, personally speaking I'm hoping that they can do a vaccine in record time, or find a drug that helps - cures it. 

The thing is though this virsus doesn't discriminate anyone, what I would be saying depending on how high the viral load you have caught, determines your chances of survival. 

We seem to have 41 deaths so far in the lothians which isn't bad, but again it's a shame to see any life lost. 

I don't know if they figures are true your wife would have a better idea, personally speaking i don't trust a thing that comes out the government's mouths. 

Spoiler

I

Furhermore i would like to say as a person, I'm so proud of what your wife is doing atm, essentially fighting a war with an invisible enemy a true fecking hero, in my book that lady is far more important than any government fool, I will remember them and never forget who stood by the cause, 

How devastating it must be for your wife to hold the hand of someone before they pass away, and are just expected to roll with it and onto the next one. 

I certainly couldn't do it I'm a wreck as it is, I would rather go to war and get shot, then get this virsus for the simple reason this virsus slowly but surely takes everything away from you. 

I also struggle to believe that this virsus came out of a bat, I certainly think there is more to it than that. 

And if it did come out of a bat why are they still running wet markets in China that sells bats, haven't they learned from the first time or is it all just a blatant cover up?.

scott herbertson
1 hour ago, Spellczech said:

I agree - I went to the doctor back in January after a bout of a cold thing because I couldn't kick a dry cough which persisted for 3 weeks. It had been a key symptom in my heart problem so my wife was 'keen' for me to see the doctor. If that had been happening now you can be sure I would have been one of those tested.

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic