Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

36 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Just now, Homme said:

For those that wished my Mrs well last week, she had her appointment at the breast clinic this morning and the ultrasound showed that whatever she does have is non cancerous. 

Huge relief for us both. Thanks to you all for your concern and good wishes. 

Great News mate

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Homme said:

For those that wished my Mrs well last week, she had her appointment at the breast clinic this morning and the ultrasound showed that whatever she does have is non cancerous. 

Great news mate stay safe. 

1 minute ago, AlimOzturk said:

Great News mate

Did you watch it all mate?. 

Dean Winchester
2 minutes ago, Homme said:

That's great news. Glad everything is alright.

Robbo-Jambo
1 hour ago, Victorian said:

The Welsh government has already stated lockdown goes on.   The other devolved governments are expected to follow.     A pretty clear indication that they believe it's more important to send out the right message at the right time than to stick rigidly to the four nations collegiate policy.

Everyone knows lockdown will continue.    Easter weekend looming.    Announce extension before or after Easter weekend?    Shouldn't even be in doubt.     

What on earth do they expect to happen if they leave people to their own notions of lockdown at the very end of the 3 week period without a firm and coherent announcement?

Absolutely. 

Why the lockdown extension has not already been advised is totally beyond me. 

We know it is going to be extended so why wait, especially with the Easter weekend looming. 

Makes no sense whatsoever. 

1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Great news mate stay safe. 

Did you watch it all mate?. 

Half of it so far mate. Incredible stuff in there. He called the pandemic.

Robbo-Jambo
5 minutes ago, Homme said:

Great to hear some good news for a change. 👍

5 minutes ago, Homme said:

Pleased for you both. Must be a great relief. Exactly the sort of positive news we all need to be hearing and sharing. 

Just seen a plotted up map of Greater Manchester which identified hundreds of recent call outs to parties, gatherings, even ad-hoc club nights. It’s shocking and I imagine the same pattern repeats in every major city in the UK. I wouldn’t be surprised to see a curfew brought in whereby your not allowed to leave your house AT ALL between 7pm and 7am

Thanks all. We will be sharing a wine or two tonight and will try to relax. 

It was a difficult morning having to sit out in car and not be able to get into the hospital to support her but it's moot now thankfully. 

1 hour ago, DETTY29 said:

P

Every govt and leader needs to state today that lockdown will continue, the next review period will be announced on...

Then make it clear do not being going to beauty spots, beaches, parks and so on to mingle this weekend.  You must keep moving.  No street parties, stay within your own home boundaries apart from your 1 a day exercise.

Don't wait for adverts, interupt tv, radio shows as they are in flow.

Use every social media avenue and so on....

£1000 fines, auction their motors, proceeds go to NHS.

1 minute ago, Taffin said:

In what way is this relevant to the thread?

Watch it and you will understand. 

1 minute ago, Homme said:

It was a difficult morning having to sit out in car and not be able to get into the hospital to support her but it's moot now thankfully. 

Really make the most it, it's great news and I'm sure a collosal weight off your shoulders. 

5 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Just seen a plotted up map of Greater Manchester which identified hundreds of recent call outs to parties, gatherings, even ad-hoc club nights. It’s shocking and I imagine the same pattern repeats in every major city in the UK. I wouldn’t be surprised to see a curfew brought in whereby your not allowed to leave your house AT ALL between 7pm and 7am

Folk that do stupid shit like this should be put to the back of the queue for NHS treatment.  

Just now, Bongo 1874 said:

Watch it and you will understand. 

What that a guy claims there's an orchestrated chain of events that will lead to the falling of the dominos for WW3 to reduce the population to 500,000 so the new world order can be established after a cataclysmic event?

The preceding events to 'China gets a cough' haven't happened and unless I've missed something covid-19 isn't racially targeted at the Chinese...it's infecting people all around the world.

None of the content is relevant to the current covid-19 pandemic.

16 minutes ago, Homme said:

YAY!!! I'm so pleased for you both.

What gets me is the sheer irresponsibility of some people during this crisis. I'm regularly getting emails in my inbox from people such as Collette entitled "Hi Handsome. Would you like to meet up this weekend?" Collette! No! We're in the middle of a pandemic and we're supposed to be social distancing! Breathtakingly stupid of Collette and others like her.

12 minutes ago, Homme said:

Enjoy your wine tonight, I may have a glass myself for you both. It's good to see some good news for a change.

scottishguy
26 minutes ago, Angel eyes said:

So is mine but we were sent letters and told our safety is paramount? Mm.... anyway they’ve said that a reduced squad on a revised shift pattern might be a solution we’ve been furloughed but I’d imagine they’d have to guarantee you 39hrs as your already being financially supported that way unless they make up the shortfall in the furloughed scheme but that seems complicated.

We are lucky enough to have been on full pay for the last 3 weeks we have been shut. I think furlough may start next week for some. Staggered return by the looks of it. Will be interesting to see how they manage 2 meter separation at all times though.

kingantti1874
1 hour ago, wavydavy said:

Did Rishi also expalin how most of the applicants for the loans he was so proud of are being rejected by the Banks that we bailed out not so long ago.

Incidentally we have left the EU  but you should remember this.

The UK will continue to follow all of the EU's rules and its trading relationship will remain the same until 31 December 2020.

So the Journalist is maybe not being as thick as you think.

On your first paragraph. This really is populists nonsense I have to say.

Firstly despite hugely negative and constant propaganda the banks have paid the bailouts back many times over in tax, secondly - the way the CBIL legislation written and the controls in place after 08 meant the banks had to be certain they could get the money back before lending, which of course they couldn’t.. the legislation is being updated however it is still complicated by people looking to take advantage. 

kingantti1874
2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

81 more deaths in hospital in Scotland.

441 in total.

Other deaths being published once a week.

Ffs hoped to see the trend going down 

1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

The numbers in intensive care could be encouraging 

Seymour M Hersh
1 hour ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

This is a proper leader, this is how it should be done, how it should have been done from the very outset, the Kiwi's are very lucky to have her in charge. 

They're also very lucky to be so isolated from the rest of the world. 

4 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

441 in total.

That's the highest rise so far.

Yesterday's running total was 366 so if there have been 81 more deaths then the new figure should be 447.

Seymour M Hersh
4 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

The death rate will continue to be high as they were admitted to hospital some time ago. I think the new infections levels are key as if they are dropping then the deaths will too eventually.

East Lothian Jambo
2 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

We could do with her kind of forensic questioning during the 5pm spin session instead of the softball shite from Peston and Kuenssberg.

Two of the biggest arseholes in the UK 

One is a gibbering buffoon whilst the other craves attention and considers herself a superstar 

12 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

441 in total.

😔

11 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

441 in total.

Doesn’t bode well for todays UK total. 

5 minutes ago, dobmisterdobster said:

What a surprise!

https://euobserver.com/tickers/147981

The ventilator scheme which the government was blasted for not investing in has suffered major delays.

Well done UK government for not participating in this complete waste of time and money. 👏

Does it please you that the ventilator scheme in question has experienced problems? It would seem so to me. Brutal.

A "complete time of waste of money" just because it has experienced delays?

Dob, please get your politics out of the way of your common sense and get back to feeling some humanity for the folk who will be affected by the delay in implementing the scheme, rather than using the delay to gleefully attempt to score political points.

6 minutes ago, dobmisterdobster said:

What a surprise!

The ventilator scheme which the government was blasted for not investing in has suffered major delays.

Well done UK government for not participating in this complete waste of time and money. 👏

Excellent, I take it we've got **** loads of them sitting about then and we don't have to wait like they do?

Just now, redjambo said:

Does it please you that the ventilator scheme in question has experienced problems? It would seem so to me. Brutal.

A "complete time of waste of money" just because it has experienced delays?

Dob, please get your politics out of the way of your common sense and get back to feeling some humanity for the folk who will be affected by the delay in implementing the scheme, rather than using the delay to gleefully attempt to score political points.

All it says, is it'll take time to get them all. No mention of how much time. For all we know, it might be less time than it takes to get ours. 

Just now, Normthebarman said:

All it says, is it'll take time to get them all. No mention of how much time. For all we know, it might be less time than it takes to get ours. 

:spoton:

The Old Tolbooth
39 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

They're also very lucky to be so isolated from the rest of the world. 

To be fair, we also live on an island mate 

1 hour ago, redjambo said:

What gets me is the sheer irresponsibility of some people during this crisis. I'm regularly getting emails in my inbox from people such as Collette entitled "Hi Handsome. Would you like to meet up this weekend?" Collette! No! We're in the middle of a pandemic and we're supposed to be social distancing! Breathtakingly stupid of Collette and others like her.

I watch alot of scam videos on YouTube and it certainly hasn't stopped the call centres in India

The Old Tolbooth
14 minutes ago, dobmisterdobster said:

What a surprise!

Possibly one of the worst posts on this entire thread. 

UK broadcasters really like to cause trouble with the EU. How are Germany and Holland the bad guys because they won't let Italy dump their debts on the whole EU.

12 minutes ago, dobmisterdobster said:

What a surprise!

Really? 

I've another one. All staff at St John's that were fitted for PPE and masks in the past two weeks have to be refitted because there is none available from the manufacturer. Talk about a waste of time. 

The point being everyone is trying their damnedness to source things and deliver stuff but in times of unprecedented demand things like this happen. 

Imagine being happy about delays in ventilator production. 

Researchers who mapped some of the original spread of coronavirus in humans have discovered there are variants of the virus throughout the world.

By analysing the first 160 complete virus genomes to be sequenced from human patients, scientists found the variant closest to that discovered in bats was largely found in patients from the US and Australia, not Wuhan.

Dr Peter Forster, geneticist and lead author from the University of Cambridge, said: “There are too many rapid mutations to neatly trace a Covid-19 family tree. We used a mathematical network algorithm to visualise all the plausible trees simultaneously."

Well, that's concerning.

Edited by Cade

2 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

UK broadcasters really like to cause trouble with the EU. How are Germany and Holland the bad guys because they won't let Italy dump their debts on the whole EU.

Not sure they're being cast as bad guys but Italy has a point.    In an existential emergency,   is the EU a mutual interest economic union,   or is it a loose club of individual economies,   some of whom have been battered and some less so?

The EU's alleged purpose should be tailor made for such an emergency.    In reality they're tending to revent to individual states.

25 minutes ago, dobmisterdobster said:

What a surprise!

No Deal Brexit still on too. 

dobmisterdobster
6 minutes ago, Homme said:

Really? 

I've another one. All staff at St John's that were fitted for PPE and masks in the past two weeks have to be refitted because there is none available from the manufacturer. Talk about a waste of time. 

The point being everyone is trying their damnedness to source things and deliver stuff but in times of unprecedented demand things like this happen. 

Imagine being happy about delays in ventilator production. 

I am not happy to see this scheme fail.

Member states have done a better job a procuring ventilators on their own.

The decision not to invest in this mess was the correct one.

Ehllhayapeh
5 hours ago, Jeff said:

Is there a technique to drink it into the lungs?

Im willing to try and find out.

I have Laphroaig Ardbeg Glenfiddich Talisker Caol Ila Port Charlotte and Balvenie in the house. 

If I get covid the limited edition port charlotte extra peated is coming with me to quarantine/hospital/ICU 

dobmisterdobster
7 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

No Deal Brexit still on too. 

I expect an extension will happen since we all have bigger fish to fry.

Unknown user
33 minutes ago, dobmisterdobster said:

What a surprise!

https://euobserver.com/tickers/

Why are you acting like a week old story that says big orders take time to fulfill is good news?

17 minutes ago, Cade said:

Researchers who mapped some of the original spread of coronavirus in humans have discovered there are variants of the virus throughout the world.

By analysing the first 160 complete virus genomes to be sequenced from human patients, scientists found the variant closest to that discovered in bats was largely found in patients from the US and Australia, not Wuhan.

Dr Peter Forster, geneticist and lead author from the University of Cambridge, said: “There are too many rapid mutations to neatly trace a Covid-19 family tree. We used a mathematical network algorithm to visualise all the plausible trees simultaneously."

Well, that's concerning.

got a link to this, i would like to read more on it.

if this is the case then that might show that some of the death rate differences might be due to differing strains/variants 

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic