Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

12 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Sadiq Khan says all buses are being thoroughly cleaned.... not long later pictures emerged of an absolute rank bus in London. Some people have a lot of explaining to do.

Correct our leaders have failed us, as soon as they outbreak happend in China, Boris should of said right we will deal with this all flights from China to the UK stopped immediately, all people that have travelled from China to the UK in a three month spell checked and tested. 

Country on lockdown and other countries should've done the same, instead of pandering aw it's just the flu aye is it just the flu aye 

Is it just the flu when you lose a family member you ignorant tossers. 

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's weird, my neighbour had to go to hospital with it, he's had it for 10 days but his missus never had any symptoms at all and hadn't been ill at all in the last month.🤔 

9 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Scary mate stay safe, personally speaking I'm hoping that they can do a vaccine in record time, or find a drug that helps - cures it. 

The thing is though this virsus doesn't discriminate anyone, what I would be saying depending on how high the viral load you have caught, determines your chances of survival. 

We seem to have 41 deaths so far in the lothians which isn't bad, but again it's a shame to see any life lost. 

I don't know if they figures are true your wife would have a better idea, personally speaking i don't trust a thing that comes out the government's mouths. 

Reveal hidden contents

I

Furhermore i would like to say as a person, I'm so proud of what your wife is doing atm, essentially fighting a war with an invisible enemy a true fecking hero, in my book that lady is far more important than any government fool, I will remember them and never forget who stood by the cause, 

How devastating it must be for your wife to hold the hand of someone before they pass away, and are just expected to roll with it and onto the next one. 

I certainly couldn't do it I'm a wreck as it is, I would rather go to war and get shot, then get this virsus for the simple reason this virsus slowly but surely takes everything away from you. 

I also struggle to believe that this virsus came out of a bat, I certainly think there is more to it than that. 

And if it did come out of a bat why are they still running wet markets in China that sells bats, haven't they learned from the first time or is it all just a blatant cover up?.

Yep, she's great and the applause thing on Thursdays means a lot to her as few of the people we can see from our balcony know that she is right in the eye of the storm... she is more concerned about transmitting it to me. We've had that discussion. My view is that it is probably inevitable unless I already have it.  For my part I don't fear death at all. I've had 45 years so all I do is consider all those people who had less time, including a friend of the family who got diagnosed with brain cancer 3 months after starting at Oxford University - There is always somebody's situation that's more unfair, more of a waste..., in fact there are always millions of them...Death is inevitable, why fear it? Being human is fearing it for others before yourself, and indeed that is what the sacrifice of any war is about.

1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

It's weird, my neighbour had to go to hospital with it, he's had it for 10 days but his missus never had any symptoms at all and hadn't been ill at all in the last month.🤔 

She could be an asymptomatic carrier i was reading an article from South Korea, that says that the virus has the potential to reactivate https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8192015/amp/Fifty-one-recovered-coronavirus-patients-test-positive-South-Korea.html&ved=2ahUKEwje6uGZl9noAhVFoVwKHQTGAmwQiJQBMAF6BAgNEAM&usg=AOvVaw3MX9s10GWTkKvdpv7ASQHQ&ampcf=1 if that is true then the world is truly f***** the only way to get rid of it then would be for it to be destroyed inside the body.

Which a couple of medicines so far have shown they can do that, but what are the long term side effects? Scary world we live in now mate. 

7 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

She could be an asymptomatic carrier i was reading an article from South Korea, that says that the virus has the potential to reactivate https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8192015/amp/Fifty-one-recovered-coronavirus-patients-test-positive-South-Korea.html&ved=2ahUKEwje6uGZl9noAhVFoVwKHQTGAmwQiJQBMAF6BAgNEAM&usg=AOvVaw3MX9s10GWTkKvdpv7ASQHQ&ampcf=1 if that is true then the world is truly f***** the only way to get rid of it then would be for it to be destroyed inside the body.

Which a couple of medicines so far have shown they can do that, but what are the long term side effects? Scary world we live in now mate. 

I dunno mate but she's in her 60's and he's into his 70's. I think he nearly died tbh simply because he hates hospitals and didn't go until he was practically at deaths door. She's 100% fine. It's very strange. 

8 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

I dunno mate but she's in her 60's and he's into his 70's. I think he nearly died tbh simply because he hates hospitals and didn't go until he was practically at deaths door. She's 100% fine. It's very strange. 

That's the thing with some people i won't say older people because it's disrespectful, but some just take the attitude of soldering on at that point they could of been on a ventilator, and they have left it to late. 

Have you seen how GPS are phoning up and asking older people to https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/health/coronavirus/call-health-secretary-intervene-over-outrageous-bid-get-older-people-sign-dnr-forms-2529797%3Famp&ved=2ahUKEwj41ZLindnoAhWIUMAKHZNIDA4Q0PADMAB6BAgKEAY&usg=AOvVaw1n-0pfu6Zs5E9QOxGMhHYa&ampcf=1

Honestly what is this world coming to. 

kingantti1874

This has been an absolute cluster**** from start to finish from both the the U.K. government and the Scottish government, took slow to lock down, measure too weak, and lack of PPE is an absolute ****ing disgrace.. 

I know 2 nurses, both of whom are absolutely terrified going in to do their jobs with ****ing bin bags and out of date masks.

disgraceful

scottishguy

My work are planning to open on Tuesday, over 1,100 employees in 5 different factories.

Apparently air conditioning units are essential for everyone!!!

Staggered return to work and with safe working distances being applied. No idea how they can do that, everybody bumps into each other all the time and cant really be avoided for most.

Not feeling very confident that this will end well.

Don't tell the public that you see signs of the curve flattening just before Easter ya dick

:vrface:That'll only encourage them all to go oot and aboot on the weekend.

Oh ffs, that woman at the briefing

"Stay home, Save Lives and Protect the NHS...or is it the other way around" 🤣🤣

Ehllhayapeh

1In Mexico we had the health secretary on TV last night.

Phase 3 is expected to reach Mexico by 2 to 3 weeks time (end of April) the peak is then expected to be 2 or 3 weeks after that (Mid may)

Phase 3 lockdown is more serious here than Phase 2 has been and we already have planes and loud speakers on cars driving about telling people to remain home.

Schools are currently due to open towards the end of April but that seems hugely unlikely under the cirumstances.

The trajectory Mexico is on is "as per Europe" which means the number of infections and deaths predicted here is somewhere around the Spain / Italy/ UK mark, though I think it will be worse here than that as phase two lockdown is still quite relaxed.

Bottom line, with an underlying condition, Im house bound until June at the earliest.

Pasquale for King
5 hours ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

EVCHH20WAAMgRxa?format=jpg&name=medium

He’s had three holidays this year already. Imagine using a front page from that rag, thank **** it’s going out of business.

I'm hearing in order to get rid of the virsus as they call it, they are trying to get it passed through government to get community testing done, and remove those who are infected from family to an isolated area. 

The reason now we have everyone on lockdown it's spreading from family to family. 

The UK and other countries are trying to get this passed WHO is recommending it. 

Still don't get the easy ride this UK government are getting? 

UK deaths - 7000

Germany deaths - 2000

Only difference talked about are the Germany's are testing many many more of their public. 

UK government keep dismissing mass testing by the Germans as the reason for the difference. So why are they highlighting the number getting tested here now? 

Asked yesterday why there a big difference, the chief medical officer said "We don't know" 

I mean holy-f#$&. Arent you the experts and how hard would it be to pick up the phone and ask the Germans why the UK is utterly failing.

Just now, jumpship said:

UK deaths - 7000

Germany deaths - 2000

Only difference talked about are the Germany's are testing many many more of their public. 

UK government keep dismissing mass testing by the Germans as the reason for the difference. So why are they highlighting the number getting tested here now? 

Asked yesterday why there a big difference, the chief medical officer said "We don't know" 

I mean holy-f#$&. Arent you the experts and how hard would it be to pick up the phone and ask the Germans why the UK is utterly failing.

👏 👏Bang on glad people are waking up to the bullshit we are being told. 

The Internet
1 minute ago, jumpship said:

UK deaths - 7000

Germany deaths - 2000

They've covered their arses by giving money out. Its what rich people do, give out money and hope all the problems go away. 

They're not going to state an official policy regarding the continuation of lockdown until they study information from SAGE and that's not until next week.     It should have been a crystal clear statement to hammer home that lockdown remains until such a time as the next official update on it.    Instead it was another nebulous skirt around the margins.     People and businesses will make their own decisions in the absence of a clear instruction.

People saying testing doesn't mean shit, are you serious if you find out who has it and who doesn't, you can isolate them away from family and people meaning they can't be infected it's that simple. 

And we have failed at that. 

Nicholas Brody
25 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

This has been an absolute cluster**** from start to finish from both the the U.K. government and the Scottish government, took slow to lock down, measure too weak, and lack of PPE is an absolute ****ing disgrace.. 

I know 2 nurses, both of whom are absolutely terrified going in to do their jobs with ****ing bin bags and out of date masks.

disgraceful

Yep. It's been such a staggered response that it's now got to a point where it's only going to get much, much worse than it ever needed to. 

Unknown user
2 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Dubai don't feck about 

FB_IMG_1586364320817.jpg

If I lived in a country where you can be jailed for 25 years for slagging the government and other punishments include flogging and death I'd probably be inclined to observe lockdown too

I P Knightley
1 hour ago, Jeff said:

Sadiq Khan says all buses are being thoroughly cleaned.... not long later pictures emerged of an absolute rank bus in London. Some people have a lot of explaining to do.

All London bus drivers sit behind plastic screens so I'd think it odd if they were all catching the virus as a direct consequence of their job. There are other factors: the majority of drivers are men (a higher risk); they don't have an active, healthy job (higher risk) and probably more I can't think of.

I don't know what 14 is as a proportion of all bus drivers but I wouldn't be surprised if it fell within a confidence interval for the expected number of people to have caught the virus.

10 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Dubai don't feck about 

FB_IMG_1586364320817.jpg

Probably been told they will be stoned to death if they don't adhere.

7 minutes ago, Smithee said:

If I lived in a country where you can be jailed for 25 years for slagging the government and other punishments include flogging and death I'd probably be inclined to observe lockdown too

Though I know they are corrupt and harsh if it works then it will be all worth it?. 

3 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Probably been told they will be stoned to death if they don't adhere.

Wish we could do that to some of the tits, that are currently sitting on beaches as we speak sunbathing like nothing is wrong. 

Unknown user
1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Though I know they are corrupt and harsh if it works then it will be all worth it?. 

I wouldn't say years of human rights abuse is worth it myself, cutting hands off, flogging gays, putting people to death.

I P Knightley
18 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

They've covered their arses by giving money out. Its what rich people do, give out money and hope all the problems go away. 

You made me think of the scene in The Godfather where Sonny kicks seven shades of shit out of a photographer and then chucks a few dollars at him.

18 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

All London bus drivers sit behind plastic screens so I'd think it odd if they were all catching the virus as a direct consequence of their job. There are other factors: the majority of drivers are men (a higher risk); they don't have an active, healthy job (higher risk) and probably more I can't think of.

I don't know what 14 is as a proportion of all bus drivers but I wouldn't be surprised if it fell within a confidence interval for the expected number of people to have caught the virus.

At the end of their shift they would more than likely have a look around the bus therefore touching handlebars, possibly wiping down seats and lifting lost property up.

They deserve better

William H. Bonney

My 80 year old father in law was admitted to hospital with breathing problems and a high temperature. The paramedic on the phone told us to prepare for the worst. 
Thankfully it looks like he has fought it and the hospital are talking about releasing him tomorrow. 

1369 more deaths in the USA, they are up to 14210 and at the rate they are dying there they easily become the epicentre of this virus...if they arent already.

UK will be the worst hit european country.

Just now, Dino Velvet said:

My 80 year old father in law was admitted to hospital with breathing problems and a high temperature. The paramedic on the phone told us to prepare for the worst. 
Thankfully it looks like he has fought it and the hospital are talking about releasing him tomorrow. 

Great stuff.

Nice to see a story like that amidst all the gloom

Just now, Dino Velvet said:

That last bit is great news, DV. :thumbsup: It must have been a tough period for you and for your partner.

Just now, AlimOzturk said:

1369 more deaths in the USA, they are up to 14210 and at the rate they are dying there they easily become the epicentre of this virus...if they arent already.

I've seen that quoted a couple of times now. However, I'm not sure it will be true. We'll just have to wait and see.

3 minutes ago, Cade said:

Embra is almost as deserted as Dubai

lockdown 8th march 2020b.jpg

lockdown 8th march 2020c.jpg

I saw a photo taken from a drone of LA earlier on. The 405 freeway is deserted probably for the first time ever, it’s normally nose to tail 10 lanes wide. If you’ve ever driven it you’d learn to appreciate the bypass or the M25. Today barely any traffic at all. 

5 minutes ago, Dino Velvet said:

That’s great to hear mate.

4 minutes ago, Dino Velvet said:

:yas:

That's great !  Good news Dino !

Jambo-Jimbo
1 hour ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Correct our leaders have failed us, as soon as they outbreak happend in China, Boris should of said right we will deal with this all flights from China to the UK stopped immediately, all people that have travelled from China to the UK in a three month spell checked and tested. 

Country on lockdown and other countries should've done the same, instead of pandering aw it's just the flu aye is it just the flu aye 

The UK's first confirmed case wasn't from China, it came from Singapore, remember the guy from Brighton, dubed by the media as the 'super spreader', he was at a meeting in Singapore, he then flew to a ski resort in the South of France, infecting several other people there, before returning back to the UK from Zurich, then a few days later he himself took unwell.

So even if the UK had stopped all flights from China and tested everyone who'd been to China, this guy wouldn't have been tested because he hadn't been anywhere near China, and neither would the thousands of other travellers who came into the UK from Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam, Cambodia etc etc.

America did stop all flights from China very quickly, it hasn't kept the virus out of the USA, and probably because of the similar to the above.

4 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

So far. Their figures get released through the day. 

4 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Just now, hughesie27 said:

Yeah i noticed that. Belgium seem to wracking up the numbers as well :(

9 minutes ago, Dino Velvet said:

Brilliant.   A tough old blighter.    

22 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I wouldn't say years of human rights abuse is worth it myself, cutting hands off, flogging gays, putting people to death.

You’re wasting your time with that one pal. The boys absolutely bonkers, posted pics of what he was coughing up a week or so ago, must think this is nhs24. Mentalist.

10 minutes ago, redjambo said:

I've seen that quoted a couple of times now. However, I'm not sure it will be true. We'll just have to wait and see.

We are probably going to be hitting 1000 deaths a day for the next week at least we are going to be very close to being the worst hit if not the worst

Economic shrinkage of 25% over 3 months if lockdown stays?    Now that's what you call a recession.     Some day it will bounce back and we'll fondly remember the times when taxation was at current day levels.    I reckon we'll need to see a new settlement of taxation that would have been laughable a couple of months ago.     But most people will be happy to simply get their lives back.

Jambo-Jimbo
13 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Yeah i noticed that. Belgium seem to wracking up the numbers as well :(

Yip, Holland not looking that great either.

AlphonseCapone
5 hours ago, Morgan said:

So far, so good, Al.

Thanks for asking, hope you are too?

Good thanks, still able to work at home so feel lucky compared to some others. 

6 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

We are probably going to be hitting 1000 deaths a day for the next week at least we are going to be very close to being the worst hit if not the worst

Can't see that not being the case.    Would not be surprised if the next 7 day total exceeds 12,000.    We're on course for a much higher toll than Italy and Spain.

Seymour M Hersh
24 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Why will we be the worst hit exactly? 

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic