Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
2 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

I’ll give you my take.......

They don’t want to talk about relaxing measures with the general public until we are at the stage of them being relaxed. They need to try and keep the message on point about importance of adherence to ‘lockdown’ and get to the point where it has been ‘successful’ . They are trying very hard to keep the message, that is lockdown must be the focus until its been successful.

They are looking at lead indicators whilst the public,/media, in the main are concerned about lag indicator of the death rate. So they are fully aware that things will get worse before they get better, but they should get better, as the lead filter through to the latter if current trends continues.

The concern is too much positive news leads to the measures that created positive effect collapsing.

The problem is, and I’m massively guilty of this, is we all want to move on and understand what’s next. We have all, kind of, reluctantly accepted ‘lockdown’ we naturally want to know what and when, happens next. The govt in someways can only cross that bridge when they come to it. They are preparing to decide how they cross that bridge but a final decision can only be reached when they arrive at the bridge and have all info.

I certainly don’t think they will entertain timescale and mechanisms of how we loosen ‘lockdown’ until we are well on the downward curve and relaxation of restrictions is imminent. Even then the message prior to  this will be things have ‘improved’. but we cant be ‘complacent’.

I think we’re a bit of way from finding out what the future holds.

if you can work out the key reason why we are on lockdown it greatly narrows down the what’s next

when will be as long as it takes to collect sufficient reliable data to justify taking some apparently brutal judgements (which go on anyway but aren’t quite as visible as these will be)

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, DETTY29 said:

Sky News a few moments ago.

They also said BJ stable x2 then a few reels later 'fighting for his life'

Ok. I wonder where they got their stats from.

I suppose, technically, you can be stable in your condition of fighting for your life - you're not getting any worse or any better, you're just carrying on fighting.

Nookie Bear
1 hour ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I think there are a hell of a lot people who have got a totally different attitude to Covid 19 now than they did on March 3rd. Me included

We played at St Mirren 8 days after then and i don't recall much debate over whetehr that game was going ahead at the time.

It feels like a lifetime ago.

scott herbertson

Odd to think that two years ago today I was in a ward on my own at St Thomas's waiting for major Heart surgery. I recall looking at the Houses of Parliament and thinking some rich person would pay an absolute fortune for the room I was in (about 30ft by 30 ft with just my bed in it, for some reason) . 

In fact, so struck was I by the opulence of it despite the chronic underfunding of the Health Service, that I decided to moon at the House of Parliament (probably an Act of Treason). An action which was photographically recorded by my wife so that if I pegged it in surgery, she could post one last humourous picture from me with a final message to my pals( and even on here) displaying my cviews on NHS underfunding and  May's Government.

I won't be sharing that photo on here, for obvious reasons, but it is odd to think of it.

3 days later on the 10th of April I was operated on, there were some complications (I didn't stop bleeding) and as far as my wife and I can recall I was unconscious in ICU for about 24 hours then in the ICU recovery unit for 7 or 8 days, with a couple of times when I was surrounded by doctors and nurses and they were thinking of taking me back into theatre.

If you'd told me then that Boris would be PM, we'd have Brexited  and Boris would be in the same rooms as me getting treated 2 years later I'd have bet any money against it.

Hectormasson
1 hour ago, Ehllhayapeh said:

So sad      , what awful times were living in,,,, god bless her and her baby.

23 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Ok. I wonder where they got their stats from.

I suppose, technically, you can be stable in your condition of fighting for your life - you're not getting any worse or any better, you're just carrying on fighting.

One source from earlier today.

Metro announced same.

https://www.france24.com/en/20200407-after-signs-of-slowing-spain-sees-rise-in-coronavirus-deaths

13 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

Odd to think that two years ago today I was in a ward on my own at St Thomas's waiting for major Heart surgery. I recall looking at the Houses of Parliament and thinking some rich person would pay an absolute fortune for the room I was in (about 30ft by 30 ft with just my bed in it, for some reason) . 

In fact, so struck was I by the opulence of it despite the chronic underfunding of the Health Service, that I decided to moon at the House of Parliament (probably an Act of Treason). An action which was photographically recorded by my wife so that if I pegged it in surgery, she could post one last humourous picture from me with a final message to my pals( and even on here) displaying my cviews on NHS underfunding and  May's Government.

I won't be sharing that photo on here, for obvious reasons, but it is odd to think of it.

3 days later on the 10th of April I was operated on, there were some complications (I didn't stop bleeding) and as far as my wife and I can recall I was unconscious in ICU for about 24 hours then in the ICU recovery unit for 7 or 8 days, with a couple of times when I was surrounded by doctors and nurses and they were thinking of taking me back into theatre.

If you'd told me then that Boris would be PM, we'd have Brexited  and Boris would be in the same rooms as me getting treated 2 years later I'd have bet any money against it.

:scenes:

:naughty:

6 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

One source from earlier today.

Metro announced same.

https://www.france24.com/en/20200407-after-signs-of-slowing-spain-sees-rise-in-coronavirus-deaths

Cheers, Detty. I'll be using a new source for my Spanish figures now:

https://elpais.com/sociedad/2020/03/30/actualidad/1585589827_546714.html?rel=friso-directo

That does show the uptick.

1 minute ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Finland were showing as -1 on the death count yesterday.  Good to see folk coming back to life every now and again. 

Just in time for Easter too. ;)

gashauskis9
4 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Just in time for Easter too. ;)

Wouldn’t have been Niemi.  He’s the Antti Christ...

1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

We played at St Mirren 8 days after then and i don't recall much debate over whetehr that game was going ahead at the time.

It feels like a lifetime ago.

It was clear that football was going to be cancelled fairly soon after that game though. 

In fact I recall the chat on here was that if we win that game, and cancel the season, we would be fine (on account of us then being 11th).

There were numerous experts prior to March the 3rd who had warned that this virus was different.

It is symptomatic of the anti-expert rhetoric that has been prevalent in the UK for the past few years. Remember “we’ve had enough of experts” crap!

People say with the benefit of hindsight but you didn’t exactly need tremendous foresight to see how this virus was nothing like the previous pandemic. But we still had bellends comparing this to the flu.

Not a dog at you btw! 

His name is

The current 'lockdown' ends on Monday.

Further arrangements likely to be announced at the end of this week. 

Im thinking another 3 weeks will be announced. Not great for everyone but needs must I suppose. 

davemclaren
1 minute ago, His name is said:

The current 'lockdown' ends on Monday.

Further arrangements likely to be announced at the end of this week. 

Im thinking another 3 weeks will be announced. Not great for everyone but needs must I suppose. 

Anything else being announced Would be a total shock. 

55 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Wouldn’t have been Niemi.  He’s the Antti Christ...

:getout:

4 minutes ago, jambo89 said:

It was clear that football was going to be cancelled fairly soon after that game though. 

In fact I recall the chat on here was that if we win that game, and cancel the season, we would be fine (on account of us then being 11th).

There were numerous experts prior to March the 3rd who had warned that this virus was different.

It is symptomatic of the anti-expert rhetoric that has been prevalent in the UK for the past few years. Remember “we’ve had enough of experts” crap!

People say with the benefit of hindsight but you didn’t exactly need tremendous foresight to see how this virus was nothing like the previous pandemic. But we still had bellends comparing this to the flu.

Not a dog at you btw! 

:cornette_dog:

Mad Dog Logan
8 hours ago, Morgan said:

@Tommy Brown and @Mad Dog Logan

:sad:  I got the wrong end of the stick last night, thought an apology was in order.

I should think so as well.....

Just kidding mate, no worries👍

Just now, Mad Dog Logan said:

I should think so as well.....

Just kidding mate, no worries👍

Appreciate your response, thank you.  :thumbsup:

I was way off the mark last night

2 minutes ago, Morgan said:

FFS Morgan, who are you upsetting now?😁😁

1 minute ago, Dawnrazor said:

FFS Morgan, who are you upsetting now?😁😁

Oh, don’t you start!

:vrface:

1 minute ago, Dawnrazor said:

🤣🤣👍

Seriously, for a wee minute, Dawn.

I misinterpreted a post last night and responded inappropriately.

Only decent to apologise if one has erred.

@Tommy Brown corrected me, and rightly so.

11 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Morgan, if you plan on upsetting folk tonight, can you please PM me and let me know before you start so I can be in on the action this time? I seem to miss it every time you do it. Cheers. :thumb:

Edited by redjambo

1 minute ago, Morgan said:

Seriously, for a wee minute, Dawn.

I misinterpreted a post last night and responded inappropriately.

Only decent to apologise if one has erred.

@Tommy Brown corrected me, and rightly so.

Only having a wee bit o' fun Morgan, no offence meant😟

1 minute ago, redjambo said:

Morgan, if you plan on upsetting folk tonight, can you please PM me and let me know before you start, so I can be in on the action this time? I seem to miss it every time you do it. Cheers. :thumb:

PM duly sent.

Just now, Dawnrazor said:

Only having a wee bit o' fun Morgan, no offence meant😟

I very much know that, Dawn. 👍

My post to you was tongue in cheek.

AlphonseCapone
3 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Morgan, if you plan on upsetting folk tonight, can you please PM me and let me know before you start so I can be in on the action this time? I seem to miss it every time you do it. Cheers. :thumb:

That's really bad luck as Morgan is constantly upsetting people.....

1 minute ago, redjambo said:

240d22bf3aeda750fca5c00d2dfbf72a.jpg

You’ve sent a picture of my brother-in-law?

Have you any idea how much that pleases me?

1 minute ago, AlphonseCapone said:

I know, isn't it just. I'm kind of figuring out that the best way to see him riled and starting to upset folk is to goad him myself. It wouldn't take much I reckon. ;)

1 minute ago, AlphonseCapone said:

:lol: 

Fecks it got to do with you, like?

:wink: 

Just now, redjambo said:

I know, isn't it just. I'm kind of figuring out that the best way to see him riled and starting to upset folk is to goad him myself. It wouldn't take much I reckon. ;)

:) 

Off to my cot now.

2 minutes ago, Morgan said:

You’ve sent a picture of my brother-in-law?

Have you any idea how much that pleases me?

Not at all?

Anyway, so we don't all get thread banned for going wildly off-topic, how are you coping with the coronavirus down there, Morgan? Those French figures today were horrendous, although inflated I think by some accumulated care home deaths.

Just now, redjambo said:

Not at all?

Anyway, so we don't all get thread banned for going wildly off-topic, how are you coping with the coronavirus down there, Morgan? Those French figures today were horrendous, although inflated I think by some accumulated care home deaths.

Doing good here, Red.

76 deaths in an area that stretches from the Italian border to Cannes.

73 cases in Monaco (2 deaths).

Monaco is 20 minutes from my home, no deaths (reported) in our wee town.

Fingers crossed for everyone.

Just now, Morgan said:

Doing good here, Red.

76 deaths in an area that stretches from the Italian border to Cannes.

73 cases in Monaco (2 deaths).

Monaco is 20 minutes from my home, no deaths (reported) in our wee town.

Fingers crossed for everyone.

Good to hear that you're doing well, Morgan. You stay safe over there. :thumbsup:

Just now, redjambo said:

Good to hear that you're doing well, Morgan. You stay safe over there. :thumbsup:

Thank you, Red.

You too. 

AlphonseCapone
20 minutes ago, Morgan said:

:lol: 

Fecks it got to do with you, like?

:wink: 

😉

So I developed a cough today. It’s what I’d describe as tickly. I’ve never had a cough I’d describe as dry before though. I don’t know if it’s continuous but I’ve coughed around 3/4/5 times every hour. Not violently, it’s just a tickly light cough. Normally it would barely register.

On top of that though, the Mrs reckons my head, back and face are hot to touch. We don’t have a thermometer in the house. Well we did when the kids were young but no idea where it’s went.

I feel absolutely fine and chances are it’s nothing but I’ll sleep in the spare bedroom tonight and see what happens. Looks like we’ll be self isolating for a fortnight. 

Unknown user
15 minutes ago, The Roller said:

So I developed a cough today. It’s what I’d describe as tickly. I’ve never had a cough I’d describe as dry before though. I don’t know if it’s continuous but I’ve coughed around 3/4/5 times every hour. Not violently, it’s just a tickly light cough. Normally it would barely register.

On top of that though, the Mrs reckons my head, back and face are hot to touch. We don’t have a thermometer in the house. Well we did when the kids were young but no idea where it’s went.

I feel absolutely fine and chances are it’s nothing but I’ll sleep in the spare bedroom tonight and see what happens. Looks like we’ll be self isolating for a fortnight. 

You only need to self isolate for 7 days, everyone else is 14.

davemclaren
15 minutes ago, The Roller said:

Best not take any chances. 

Just now, Smithee said:

You only need to self isolate for 7 days, everyone else is 14.

Aye, but that’s no going to go down well with the troops, tbh 😂

Unknown user
Just now, The Roller said:

Aye, but that’s no going to go down well with the troops, tbh 😂

I got a cough a week ago, just done with the self isolating myself. You're right, the mrs is raging she's still got a week to go :laugh2:

1 minute ago, Smithee said:

I got a cough a week ago, just done with the self isolating myself. You're right, the mrs is raging she's still got a week to go :laugh2:

I can hear it already 😂

:facepalm:

Strange that they (Trump) claim that African American's have an infection rate many time more than anyone else, haven't even heard that being hinted at before and surely wouldn't that apply in every country and not just the USA.

Someone suggested that this ethnic group might be in frontline jobs so catch it more, if that's true then surely that makes it a non issue. Certainly not a race one.

3 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Around the 50 second mark 🤣

Next player that gobs on someone will claim that they were shouting moistly.

They'll get away with it depending on which team they play for 

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic