Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

Tommy Brown
12 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

4 months mate, I said it, what seems ages ago now.

June/July at best, August if the clowns keep on ignoring things.

We are on lockdown lite, too.

I just fear for the Joe average punter in UK.

Can't work from home, kids not at school, cooked up in an upstairs flat.

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Seymour M Hersh
4 hours ago, Spellczech said:

She's more concerned about bringing it home to me TBH as 75% of ICU cases are male, so if I suddenly disappear from here you'll know why! 

For my part I give her a shot of 70% absinthe as a welcome home gift and I give her the clap every Thursday! Strange how useless and pointless my career choice feels these days...

:oohmatron:

Jambo-Jimbo
22 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Not a good mixture.

Francis Albert

Watching the BBC news tonight I wondered what was "essential" about at least twenty cameramen and news reporters gathering outside St Thomas's hospital in some sort of macabre vigil for the PM.  Or indeed the presence of reporters in Downing Street shouting, pointlessly as usual, questions at anyone entering or leaving No.10.

Edited by Francis Albert

48 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Aye I'm finding it easy but then I only have a 3yr old and we have a good sized back garden for him to play about in but I can def see it being a lot worse for folk in flats with multiple kids of varying ages.

Jambof3tornado
3 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

My wife was telling me that the other day she had a patient who had a bit of a cough and a slight temperature, all she had was a bog standard disposable face mask, she's taking stats etc, he's coughing away, she's trying to turn away from his coughing.

Next day she goes in to work and learns that the guy deteriorated during the night and was taken away to one of the covid wards.

No wonder staff are dropping like flies, they have little to no protection and suspected covid patients are scattered all over the hospital on normal wards, nobody is getting tested until they get transfered to a covid ward, it's a fecking total shambles.

She needs a full face shield, disposable surgical mask gloves and apron as a minimum. Also a good idea if the patient will tolerate it to get them to wear a surgical mask too.

It really is a shambles and viral load plays a huge part in my opinion on how bad you will get it if you do get it.

kingantti1874

The lack of PPE really is an absolute disgrace, all medical staff, carers, pharmacists, bus and train drivers who are still working need ASAP.. 

it is clear as day that masks will be required en masse across the population to allow the lockdown to be lifted, the government still playing the “its not that effective” card to avoid the public making the lack of equipment more acute - of course it’s effective- we have just absolutely ****ed up

.. I’d like to know what we are doing to make/buy more.. 

12 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

She needs a full face shield, disposable surgical mask gloves and apron as a minimum. Also a good idea if the patient will tolerate it to get them to wear a surgical mask too.

It really is a shambles and viral load plays a huge part in my opinion on how bad you will get it if you do get it.

My wife's friend is a nurse at St Johns and she has said since before the lockdowns came in that viral load is the biggest problem and we have been social distancing since then.

Francis Albert

One of the unexpected pleasures of lock down has been a diversification of my newspaper reading habits after nearly 50 years of slavish loyalty to the Guardian. I now have to settle for whatever limited choice is left in the corner newsagents by the time I am up and about. And so for example I have read the Daily Telegraph for the first time in my life and have been surprised by both its depth of news coverage and diversity of opinions compared to my usual read. It has been at least as fiercely critical of the Government's real shortcomings in testing and provision of PPE for example than my usual choice of paper, and with more force than the relentlessly one sided Guardian. It also contains far more challenges to the establishment generally, 

An example today is a scathing cartoon on people with gardens condemning those without outside space at home who use a park to do what they do in their gardens.

And an op-ed article commenting on lock down and the risk of it being undermined by over-zealous enforcement struck a chord with me.

An extract:

" "the disgraced official [Calderwood] deserves her five minutes of shame  - but did it really necessitate a formal warning by the police? Is it really necessary to move on old ladies who sit down for a breather on a bench, or to threaten to arrest drivers, or to dye a blue lagoon black to stop people taking photographs of it. Where did all these coppers even come from? I've never seen so many in my life. I suppose that with the public now locked indoors, the police finally feel safe enough to walk the streets". 

Unfair perhaps bit it makes a point, reinforcing the image of policemen unnecessarily moving people sunbathing in parks or empty beaches, despite them fully self-isolating by 30 or 40 yards from anyone.else. Exercise is allowed because it is essential for mental and physical health so the hordes of joggers who pound past me , panting and breathing heavily next to me on my short daily walk are OK. As are cyclists who despite empty roads almost run into me on the pavements. But sunbathing, despite it being at least as essential for physical and mental health is condemned because I assume it offends some puritanical view that it is simply pleasurable and so not essential. 

Edited by Francis Albert

20 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

The lack of PPE really is an absolute disgrace, all medical staff, carers, pharmacists, bus and train drivers who are still working need ASAP.. 

it is clear as day that masks will be required en masse across the population to allow the lockdown to be lifted, the government still playing the “its not that effective” card to avoid the public making the lack of equipment more acute - of course it’s effective- we have just absolutely ****ed up

.. I’d like to know what we are doing to make/buy more.. 

Journalists ask that every day. Questions are just swept away. 

Boris is an utter **** of a man. I despise him, his party and all he/they stand for however; I wouldnt like to see him suffer from this virus & wish him a speedy recovery so I can go back to slinging shit in his direction (once he has fully recovered).

1 minute ago, Pans Jambo said:

Boris is an utter **** of a man. I despise him, his party and all he/they stand for however; I wouldnt like to see him suffer from this virus & wish him a speedy recovery so I can go back to slinging shit in his direction (once he has fully recovered).

Makes decisions on a party basis that leads to millions in poverty and others to their death bed.

That's all I'll say on this matter.

gashauskis9
1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

Not heard from his Dad recently.

Locked in a Wetherspoons toilet somewhere.

Malinga the Swinga

Jeezo, keep fighting Boris. Pretty sure that moving anyone into ICU isn't routine, especially at this time.

Nucky Thompson
1 minute ago, hughesie27 said:

Makes decisions on a party basis that leads to millions in poverty and others to their death bed.

That's all I'll say on this matter.

You should have just said feck all

Amazingly I think I just heard that they have moved him into ICU as a precaution.

Just like it was a precaution last night then.

1 minute ago, hughesie27 said:

Amazingly I think I just heard that they have moved him into ICU as a precaution.

Just like it was a precaution last night then.

Trying to avoid widespread panic I guess... pretty obvious things aren't ok though 😕

CF11JamTart
26 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

One of the unexpected pleasures of lock down has been a diversification of my newspaper reading habits after nearly 50 years of slavish loyalty to the Guardian. I now have to settle for whatever limited choice is left in the corner newsagents by the time I am up and about. And so for example I have read the Daily Telegraph for the first time in my life and have been surprised by both its depth of news coverage and diversity of opinions compared to my usual read. It has been at least as fiercely critical of the Government's real shortcomings in testing and provision of PPE for example than my usual choice of paper, and with more force than the relentlessly one sided Guardian. It also contains far more challenges to the establishment generally, 

An example today is a scathing cartoon on people with gardens condemning those without outside space at home who use a park to do what they do in their gardens.

And an op-ed article commenting on lock down and the risk of it being undermined by over-zealous enforcement struck a chord with me.

An extract:

" "the disgraced official [Calderwood] deserves her five minutes of shame  - but did it really necessitate a formal warning by the police? Is it really necessary to move on old ladies who sit down for a breather on a bench, or to threaten to arrest drivers, or to dye a blue lagoon black to stop people taking photographs of it. Where did all these coppers even come from? I've never seen so many in my life. I suppose that with the public now locked indoors, the police finally feel safe enough to walk the streets". 

Unfair perhaps bit it makes a point, reinforcing the image of policemen unnecessarily moving people sunbathing in parks or empty beaches, despite them fully self-isolating by 30 or 40 yards from anyone.else. Exercise is allowed because it is essential for mental and physical health so the hordes of joggers who pound past me , panting and breathing heavily next to me on my short daily walk are OK. As are cyclists who despite empty roads almost run into me on the pavements. But sunbathing, despite it being at least as essential for physical and mental health is condemned because I assume it offends some puritanical view that it is simply pleasurable and so not essential. 

I agree about the Daily Telegraph. It more balanced than I expected. 

Regarding Police etc... My wife, our year old daughter and i got "moved on" by the police yesterday (well, PCSO).

We don't have a garden. So we went to the park across the road with a football. Passing the ball round in a small triangle.  Miles from anyone. BUT... playing with a ball isn't exercise... it's leisure/ recreation.

18 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

I'm sure it's just a precaution. Routine stuff, nothing to worry about.

As he's our PM he does need to get a significant degree of preferential treatment, so lets hope so,  but they have been playing this down all along.

Edited by DETTY29

5 minutes ago, SwindonJambo said:

Nick Eardley on radio saying he's not on a ventilator yet but definitely in ICU.

Better news.

Edited by DETTY29

SwindonJambo
1 minute ago, DETTY29 said:

Good news.

Best wishes are coming in from his fiercest opponents as well as his own side. Good to see that Most people are fundamentally decent.

Just now, SwindonJambo said:

Best wishes are coming in from his fiercest opponents as well as his own side. Good to see that Most people are fundamentally decent.

If you avoid social media then you're right

Dagger Is Back
8 minutes ago, CF11JamTart said:

I agree about the Daily Telegraph. It more balanced than I expected. 

Regarding Police etc... My wife, our year old daughter and i got "moved on" by the police yesterday (well, PCSO).

We don't have a garden. So we went to the park across the road with a football. Passing the ball round in a small triangle.  Miles from anyone. BUT... playing with a ball isn't exercise... it's leisure/ recreation.

That is quite frankly ridiculous 

1 minute ago, SwindonJambo said:

👍

The Internet
1 minute ago, SwindonJambo said:

It's like when a rival player gets a bad injury.

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic