• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

SwindonJambo
Just now, Mauricio Pinilla said:

It's like when a rival player gets a bad injury.

That's actually a good analogy, except the stakes are much higher this time. It's literally life or death.

Jambo-Jimbo
Just now, Jeff said:

If you avoid social media then you're right

It's the main reason why I'm not on facebook or twitter, they both seem to bring out the worst in people.

My best wishes go to everyone in ICU including Boris Johnson.

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, Dagger Is Back said:

That is quite frankly ridiculous 

It is that

gashauskis9
10 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Always like Boris, hope this is just a precaution. 

I don’t think folk go into ICU as a precaution.  Medical expert on Sky News saying that he would have been triaged so he’ll only be in ICU if it’s serious.

Just now, Gashauskis9 said:

I don’t think folk go into ICU as a precaution.  Medical expert on Sky News saying that he would have been triaged so he’ll only be in ICU if it’s serious.

Especially in a situation that we are in right now. Every bed in ICU is of major importance right now

Jambo-Jimbo
Just now, Gashauskis9 said:

Prime Minister or not they ain't gonna use up an ICU bed and all the equipment for only a precaution.

He'll be in ICU because he needs to be in ICU.

gashauskis9
Just now, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Prime Minister or not they ain't gonna use up an ICU bed and all the equipment for only a precaution.

He'll be in ICU because he needs to be in ICU.

Spot on.  He’s in a bad way.

Terrible.   Almost as if this ***** of a virus needs a high profile poster boy 'cos it's not getting enough attention.    Hope the crazy lad pulls through.

gashauskis9
Just now, Victorian said:

Terrible.   Almost as if this ***** of a virus needs a high profile poster boy 'cos it's not getting enough attention.    Hope the crazy lad pulls through.

It’s already taken Eddie Large from us 😢

26 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Forget politics just lets hope Boris survives.

I hope everyone in an ICU with this survives.

Just now, Mikey1874 said:

You've missed the news then. 

No, I'm aware of the PMs state. That was the point of my post. He, along with everyone else in the same predicament, deserves our best wishes.

22 minutes ago, SwindonJambo said:

Nick Eardley on radio saying he's not on a ventilator yet but definitely in ICU.

If he is in ICU then he will likely be on some sort of assisted breathing. If he is not intubated (ventilator ie sedated) then he will probably be on either CPAP or the bubble - why would you not?

Chances are they are being cautious and perhaps want to measure oxygenation of the blood by putting him on arterial tube as it is painful to keep testing this without doing the the tube.

5 minutes ago, Boris said:

I hope everyone in an ICU with this survives.

So do I but unfortunately they won't/don't. Over 50% don't make it with this virus. ☹️

Wishing Boris Johnson a speedy recovery and everyone else

in the same situation a reminder to everyone to take this virus

seriously

1 minute ago, graygo said:

So do I but unfortunately they won't/don't. Over 50% don't make it with this virus. ☹️

Scary shit.  🥺

gashauskis9

Raab on the news now.  Bricking it, looks like a lost wee laddie.  Genuinely feel for him, never thought I’d ever say that about him. 

21 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

That is quite frankly ridiculous 

On the face of it it does seem so, but if the police allowed this innocent well meaning family to continue with a ball do you believe that the three neds who come and do the same will say alright officer we will stop right now, or will they say, why not us you let them. Un fortunately and it happens a lot at times you think you are doing the right thing just letting nice family people do something that seems harmless and then some dick comes along and is only out to prove a point and all your good intentions are gone.

Boris is a victim of the herd immunity phase.

You don't know if he will lead to any more changes. 

Easing lockdown of course to come. 

Jambof3tornado
5 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Boris is a victim of the herd immunity phase.

You don't know if he will lead to any more changes. 

Easing lockdown of course to come. 

The vast majority of people catching this do recover having had mild symptoms, the problem you have is even fit healthy people are among those who get it bad. Herd immunity is great but I'm shitting my pants at having to catch covid to gain immunity!!

Slowing things down was crucial and we will reap the rewards in the coming days.

Get well soon Boris.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

After watching into the red zone last week,  he is clearly in a bad way. The beds are reserved for those in a bit of bother with many others in ordinary wards.

Hopefully his spirit will see him fight back but it is a different thing for him now 

I sincerely hope that even those who are most invested in politics can right now swallow their pride and opinions. It's not about tories, labour etc. Who should be in power, who'd do better etc.

This is something that the leaders of our country shouldn't have to deal with. I feel a great degree of empathy for Boris and his cabinet, and what they are trying to manage, which has now manifested into sympathy for him and his family in his current condition.

East Lothian Jambo
7 minutes ago, Locky said:

I sincerely hope that even those who are most invested in politics can right now swallow their pride and opinions. It's not about tories, labour etc. Who should be in power, who'd do better etc.

This is something that the leaders of our country shouldn't have to deal with. I feel a great degree of empathy for Boris and his cabinet, and what they are trying to manage, which has now manifested into sympathy for him and his family in his current condition.

Well said 

Political allegiance is irrelevant.  This shit is very real 

Enough is enough, full on lockdown required why are we ****ing about only people present police officers and army, the rest locked up is what is required. 

This is getting out of hand people just don't get it. 

CF11JamTart
36 minutes ago, bobsharp said:

On the face of it it does seem so, but if the police allowed this innocent well meaning family to continue with a ball do you believe that the three neds who come and do the same will say alright officer we will stop right now, or will they say, why not us you let them. Un fortunately and it happens a lot at times you think you are doing the right thing just letting nice family people do something that seems harmless and then some dick comes along and is only out to prove a point and all your good intentions are gone.

To be honest,  we just took it on the chin. Their position was simply "no ball games". That's leisure/ recreation. Only walking, running or cycling. 

PCSO argument was that us playing tippy-tap would give the teens etc legitimacy for having an impromptu game in the park,  social gatherings etc etc.

She then trucked off in to the distance to have a similar chat to some bloke playing cricket with his six year old son.

Still... them's the rules. We'll do something else next time.

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, CF11JamTart said:

I agree about the Daily Telegraph. It more balanced than I expected. 

Regarding Police etc... My wife, our year old daughter and i got "moved on" by the police yesterday (well, PCSO).

We don't have a garden. So we went to the park across the road with a football. Passing the ball round in a small triangle.  Miles from anyone. BUT... playing with a ball isn't exercise... it's leisure/ recreation.

Exactly what the columnist was getting at. Petty and pointless actions against people posing no risk to anyone will make lock down ultimately  unenforcable.

Seymour M Hersh
32 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

The vast majority of people catching this do recover having had mild symptoms, the problem you have is even fit healthy people are among those who get it bad. Herd immunity is great but I'm shitting my pants at having to catch covid to gain immunity!!

Slowing things down was crucial and we will reap the rewards in the coming days.

Get well soon Boris.

You may have already had it with symptoms so mild you barely noticed them. 

5 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Enough is enough, full on lockdown required why are we ****ing about only people present police officers and army, the rest locked up is what is required. 

Eh?

Nothing has changed because BJ is now in ICU. He contracted it nearly a month ago. He's not now suddenly worse because people aren't following.

Unless your post has nothing to do with him and I have missunderstood?

19 minutes ago, Locky said:

What a great post.

8 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Don’t get this post at all.

24 minutes ago, Locky said:

👍

Francis Albert
47 minutes ago, bobsharp said:

I think the police could establish quickly whether the three neds were part of the same household. Sounds unlikely. But even if they were they could surely distinguish between 3 neds and a couple with a one year old.

Anyway why is kicking a ball less of  form of exercise than say skateboarding or riding a bike?

The Hogfather
1 hour ago, hughesie27 said:

Makes decisions on a party basis that leads to millions in poverty and others to their death bed.

That's all I'll say on this matter.

There’s a time and a place for discussing this. You chose the wrong time and the wrong place. Try and have some decorum in future. 

I hope he pulls through, just as I hope everyone suffering with this pulls through. A horrible disease. 

6 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Eh?

Nothing has changed because BJ is now in ICU. He contracted it nearly a month ago. He's not now suddenly worse because people aren't following.

Unless your post has nothing to do with him and I have missunderstood?

In general I believe this has to happen. 

11 minutes ago, CF11JamTart said:

To be honest,  we just took it on the chin. Their position was simply "no ball games". That's leisure/ recreation. Only walking, running or cycling. 

PCSO argument was that us playing tippy-tap would give the teens etc legitimacy for having an impromptu game in the park,  social gatherings etc etc.

She then trucked off in to the distance to have a similar chat to some bloke playing cricket with his six year old son.

Still... them's the rules. We'll do something else next time.

I think it’s fair they gave you a reason why, and on reflection it is a fairly legitimate one although not immediately obvious.  Maybe she’s already had to stop groups (more than 2 or 3) from a kickabout.

4 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Don’t get this post at all.

In general I believe this has to happen, China even boarded up certain houses. 

Dagger Is Back
53 minutes ago, bobsharp said:

Utmost respect fur your Bob but couldn’t disagree more with your post.

This is quite obviously a family playing outside with a ball and by definition, exercising.

By all means crack down on those acting selfishlessly but this is over zealous policing in my opinion.

Nice family people, you said it yourself. Deal with those one way and the beds another

1 minute ago, Mad Dog Logan said:

Human being 1st....

Tory buffoon 2nd....

Get well soon Boris🤞

:vrface: Get a grip.

3 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

In general I believe this has to happen, China even boarded up certain houses. 

I got the impression your post was in relation to Boris.

My mistake.

How are you keeping now, Bongo?

SwindonJambo
1 minute ago, Sooperstar said:

Dominic Raab looked absolutely terrified on the news at 10.

Because he knows he's not up to the job. I'm no Boris fan and have never voted for his party but I'm not sure who I'd pick from his cabinet as in interim safe pair of hands to cover his (hopefully) temporary absence. 

Mad Dog Logan
1 minute ago, Morgan said:

:vrface: Get a grip.

You get a grip, a lot of people do think he's a buffoon but the point I clearly made is there's more important things than that. That's why I said get well soon🙄 

1 minute ago, Morgan said:

I got the impression your post was in relation to Boris.

My mistake.

How are you keeping now, Bongo?

Have to be honest mate still don't feel 100% but should be okay. 

I mean look at this how ****ing irresponsible is this https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/5464679/coronavirus-scotland-ayrshire-social-distancing-loyalist/amp/&ved=2ahUKEwjdsYfT3NToAhVOPcAKHT3GCNoQ0PADMAh6BAgHECI&usg=AOvVaw2clunn6Dfm3ccJLm1-3lHU

Tommy Brown
1 minute ago, Mad Dog Logan said:

You get a grip, a lot of people do think he's a buffoon but the point I clearly made is there's more important things than that. That's why I said get well soon🙄 

Your post was Ok, poster not engaging his brain right.

He's our buffoon, get well Boris, stick in.

17 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

I think the police could establish quickly whether the three neds were part of the same household. Sounds unlikely. But even if they were they could surely distinguish between 3 neds and a couple with a one year old.

Anyway why is kicking a ball less of  form of exercise than say skateboarding or riding a bike?

I'm sure having a bike or skateboard is much more easy to keep at your person. A football is easily miscontrolled and retrieval could put you in close proximity to someone else. Just a thought.

Edited by ri Alban

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic