Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

Just now, Francis Albert said:

I think it is fair to suggest the shambolic response to the CMO's absurd disobedience of her own rules is a fair topic for a separate thread. Add Nicola's stupid refusal to accept her resignation rather than sacking her. Not the finest hour for the Scottish Government, the First Minister or the SNP.

Or put it in one of the numerous political threads? 

Honestly it's getting tiresome reading unionists jumping on nationalists and nationalists jumping on unionists 

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The thing i don't understand is haven't the Chinese been eating bat's and animals for years, and how the feck does a tiger get it 🤔

Just now, BudgeUp said:

Honestly it's getting tiresome reading unionists jumping on nationalists and nationalists jumping on unionists.

This thread was created to allow for just that. 

Francis Albert
Just now, BudgeUp said:

Honestly it's getting tiresome reading unionists jumping on nationalists and nationalists jumping on unionists 

Why don't you think it is not appropriate to have a separate thread about the biggest political story in Scotland today.

PS I am not a Unionist.

4 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Why don't you think it is not appropriate to have a separate thread about the biggest political story in Scotland today.

PS I am not a Unionist.

I never said you were. 

There are numerous threads that are dedicated to politics that are fluid in respect to changing the subject matter dependant on what's in the news. 

They are almost always started by the same posters on both sides. 

They almost always contain the same posters contributing. 

Gawn... Give the rest of us peace and quiet for a while and have 2 topics. 

Topic 1: unionism is bad

Topic 2: nationalism is bad 

Edited by BudgeUp

22 minutes ago, BudgeUp said:

I've lost a job due to behaviour on a night out. 

No regrets. 

He was a *****. 

To be honest, I'd rather hear more about this.

Just now, Boof said:

To be honest, I'd rather hear more about this.

Boss at work. 

I never liked the way he treated someone. Got pissed. Licked his face. Told him there was always someone more dominant and he was lucky I never rode his arse to assert dominance. 

He made a complaint I threatened sexual violence.

I never fought it and resigned knowing I would walk into another job. He never treated the person in question badly again so I made my point. 

Just now, BudgeUp said:

Boss at work. 

I never liked the way he treated someone. Got pissed. Licked his face. Told him there was always someone more dominant and he was lucky I never rode his arse to assert dominance. 

He made a complaint I threatened sexual violence.

I never fought it and resigned knowing I would walk into another job. He never treated the person in question badly again so I made my point. 

You licked his face? As in actually licked your boss’ face with your tongue? 

William H. Bonney
5 minutes ago, Peebo said:

Don’t act like you’ve never licked your boss’s face before. 

2 minutes ago, Peebo said:

Yup. 

Not my proudest moment but when you see someone genuinely terrified and it affecting their personality and home life, with a company that wasn't dealing with it due to a laddish culture, it limits your options. 

In fairness he used to claim the colleague had eaten many of his bodily fluids. 

Thankfully the industry has moved on a lot since the early 90s.

Still not ideal for apprentices nowadays but there's a line between banter and bullying. 

Pasquale for King
17 minutes ago, Peebo said:

Not sure of the relevance. 

They’re  not social distancing for a start, it’s a gathering of three and driving to climb hills is putting themswjves in danger and possibly the emergency services. Part of CC being sacked is the risk of crashing her car. Why do you think the tweets been taken down?

8 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

They’re  not social distancing for a start, it’s a gathering of three and driving to climb hills is putting themswjves in danger and possibly the emergency services. Part of CC being sacked is the risk of crashing her car. Why do you think the tweets been taken down?

But it was on March 22nd. Things have changed considerably since then. Pretty sure gatherings of more than 500 people were only just to be prohibited in Scotland from the following day.  Or perhaps I’m getting my weeks mixed up.

Most importantly, is that none of those involved were the CMO, or part of the Scottish Govt. delivering the instructions around social distancing etc..

Edited by Peebo

6 minutes ago, BudgeUp said:

Yup. 

Not my proudest moment but when you see someone genuinely terrified and it affecting their personality and home life, with a company that wasn't dealing with it due to a laddish culture, it limits your options. 

In fairness he used to claim the colleague had eaten many of his bodily fluids. 

Thankfully the industry has moved on a lot since the early 90s.

Still not ideal for apprentices nowadays but there's a line between banter and bullying. 

I’m glad my options have never been so limited. 

The biggest problem with social distancing, isolation etc are the people that think the rules don’t apply to them - that it’s for other people. For those stupid ***** to count amongst their number the country’s CMO is so stupid, it’s hard to comprehend. What an arsehole. 

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, Peebo said:

But it was on March 22nd. Things have changed considerably since then. Pretty sure gatherings of more than 500 people were only just to be prohibited in Scotland from the following day.  Or perhaps I’m getting my weeks mixed up.

Most importantly, is that none of those involved were the CMO, or part of the Scottish Govt. delivering the instructions around social distancing etc..

No they weren’t but they should be setting an example, it in no way makes the CMOs actions any less stupid to be blunt. 

Pasquale for King
Just now, Zlatanable said:

I think that the Chief Medical Officer (CMO)of Scotland, being caught ignoring advice, in this Global Pandemic, is a thing we ought to pay attention to.

The FM of Scotland supporting her, then reducing her role. Also, a thing we people in Scotland ought to pay attention to.

Then the CMO going against what the FM said, and resigning, is also a significant story in Scotland, that Scots should pay attention to. 

Not just Scots though, if it was just Scots that paid attention we’d be independent now. 

Ehllhayapeh

Like the majority I hope Boris recovers and wouldnt wish covid on anyone. 

Having said that I get why some feel differently. The whole herd immunity strategy is about 60% of the population taking one for the team.

Its still to all intents and purposes what is being followed as policy in England.

I dont suppose Boris expected to be the one getting infected though.

27 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

mate, @luckydug "hounded her into submission' is a daft thing to say.

she completely ignored the advice, repeatedly.

And now everyone in Scotland, at this moment, will have to deal with the unnecessary change of people.

Why aren't you furious?

Because up till now in Scotland the control of the virus had been going as well as could be expected at least in comparison to down south. 

We are not really in a position to be chasing experts out of their jobs.

I think furious is an over reaction and what good will it do.

I can understand the anger from people who have been cooped up tempers are getting frayed.

Guess I'm just more relaxed than most folk. I'm enjoying the peace and quiet tbh☺

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, Ehllhayapeh said:

Having said that I get why some feel differently. The whole herd immunity strategy is about 60% of the population taking one for the team.

Its still to all intents and purposes what is being followed as policy in England.

Or his pal Cummings.

6 minutes ago, Ehllhayapeh said:

Boris didn't expect to get it because him and his cronies, think they are untouchable. 

Trump will get it take that to the bank, that's if he hasn't already be vaccined for it. 

Pasquale for King

More war chat from Trump, next week will be this generations Pearl Harbor. There will no winners.

I can't take you seriously saying that.

Do you know what the current advice is?

Give it a rest mate .

She's resigned .

Let's just concentrate on getting through this.

Oh and try and relax. Try meditation it really helps. 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Boris didn't expect to get it because him and his cronies, think they are untouchable. 

Trump will get it take that to the bank, that's if he hasn't already be vaccined for it. 

If he had a vaccine it would be on sale.

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

If he had a vaccine it would be on sale.

I don't know about that mate, have you seen the video about gates saying the world would be far better depopulated?. 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

I don't know about that mate, have you seen the video about gates saying the world would be far better depopulated?. 

I haven’t, the planet would be better off with less or without humans I think there’s no doubt about that.

Trump tried to buy a vaccine recently off the Germans, its obviously not ready but he might’ve tried it. Maybe the side effects will have a positive reaction for him.

23 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

I think that the Chief Medical Officer (CMO)of Scotland, being caught ignoring advice, in this Global Pandemic, is a thing we ought to pay attention to.

The FM of Scotland supporting her, then reducing her role. Also, a thing we people in Scotland ought to pay attention to.

Then the CMO going against what the FM said, and resigning, is also a significant story in Scotland, that Scots should pay attention to. 

edit- this stuff is important, literally life and death. 

So it was a thread to get at Nicola Sturgeon. 

I agree. It is a matter of life and death so why discredit the person the government in Scotland (including opposition parties) have backed to lead us through?

Pasquale for King

I find it hard to have sympathy for BJ and Cummings to be honest. I will save it for those in the front line, I only have so much to go round.

57CDEC98-7D6B-4E5B-8918-86FEBD1208D3.jpeg

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

I haven’t, the planet would be better off with less or without humans I think there’s no doubt about that.

Trump tried to buy a vaccine recently off the Germans, its obviously not ready but he might’ve tried it. Maybe the side effects will have a positive reaction for him.

Personally speaking I know you can't rush these things, but we need them as soon as possible and fast. 

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I find it hard to have sympathy for BJ and Cummings to be honest. I will save it for those in the front line, I only have so much to go round.

57CDEC98-7D6B-4E5B-8918-86FEBD1208D3.jpeg

****ing disgrace that those that are putting there lives at risk can't get tested, embarrassing. 

It should have been ten
1 hour ago, luckydug said:

Exactly  !  We risk losing an expert in this field for something stupid. Yet people like Royalty continue to do as they please.

Her public apology should have been enough. 

This 

7 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

Hi @BudgeUp

The people of Scotland now, after this incident, have an extra layer of uncertainty and worry and fear.

Your replies, are not helpful. 

No they don't. 

My replies don't agree with your viewpoint. To quote you, how dare you. 

Pasquale for King
13 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Personally speaking I know you can't rush these things, but we need them as soon as possible and fast. 

That’s the problem just now.

9 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

****ing disgrace that those that are putting there lives at risk can't get tested, embarrassing. 

Absolutely.

Well, we obviously disagree.

This story and event about the now ex-Chief Medical Officer, is astonishing, dangerous, worrying and acutely important.

It is astonishing that someone purporting to be clever could be stupid. 

It is dangerous due to current guidelines. 

It's not that worrying in the grand scheme of things because the same panel of experts will still be there. 

It's not that important. The virus doesn't care who our CMO is or their party politics. It also doesn't change the guidelines. 

1 minute ago, Zlatanable said:

Its almost like nothing happened. 

Which is, very seriously, not the reality. 

Does it change the fact that the virus is spreading? 

You could be looking at it wrong. The mass outrage shows the reasons why lockdown is important are very much in the public conscience. 

Or does that not fit with the point you were making? 

Glad the CMO has gone. Totally the sort of self serving behaviour we need to get rid of just now. 
But the hypocrisy of the photo being taken in Fife by a freelance photographer from Glasgow is laughable. 

Stay at home>Protect the NHS> Save Lives

Very good. 

See, she did a good job. She got you to believe that. 

Bring 'er back! 

3 minutes ago, gjcc said:

Glad the CMO has gone. Totally the sort of self serving behaviour we need to get rid of just now. 
But the hypocrisy of the photo being taken in Fife by a freelance photographer from Glasgow is laughable. 

But, but, but the gutter press and those who do their bidding are deemed essential.  Especially those from the Murdoch empire and Daily Mail.

9 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

I thought so

Your original posting wasn't a political posting but you made it so because hating the SNP is more important to you than the coronavirus. 

I'm sorry but it's clear to anyone that read that post the general direction you were taking it in, and you weren't even that clever in doing it. 

I dislike sturgeon intensely but I think the public outrage was more harmful than the actual event in terms of continuity and consistency of advice/analysis to government. 

A step back out the public eye would have been suitable with a dismissal after the fact (pandemic). Which given Sturgeons comments was obvious for pretty much everyone to see. 

Edited by BudgeUp
Clarity

Because you think that everything I say doesn't matter, because you think I hate the SNP.

And that makes you believe the SNP are perfect, even though in the current Global Pandemic, the Scottish Government tried to keep a person that ignored the rules was fine earlier, they resigned later. 

To you, that is all perfect. Don't sweat it. It is all perfect. 

Take care during the pandemic Z. 

That's your viewpoint. I differ. That's fine. 

May your tatties be golden wonders. 

♥️

may your Chief Medical Officers obey the rules.

Stay at home> Protect the NHS> Save Lives. 

I agree with this post. 

❤️

4 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

I totally agree she’s ****ed up twice. Whilst I understand any message she gave would be completely diminished. Perception is reality and all that.

The thing about hyprocicy is its something by our own admission we shouldn’t do. 

I just believe her removal will add nothing to the fight against COVID. As I say I hope she is retained in some way to minimise disruption in fight against COVID and on the basis I believe her ‘technical’ knowledge is valuable in times like this.

I appreciate this is a minority view..

I wonder how integral to the policy she was since she clearly didn't believe it applied to her or her family. If she was just a scientist mouthpiece for the Govt then she was a busted flush...and they are better off with someone untarnished. Not like the response of Govt in the UK has been very impressive anyway. Sturgeon is a good enough communicator anyway.

5 hours ago, Jap Jambo said:

the honourable thing would have been to resign when the story broke. Instead she waited until Nicky had publicly backed her before the clamour became too much. The statement clearly notes a conversation with the first minister, strongly suggests a 'you resign or I'll fire you scenario'...

I don't think she told NS she went there 2 weeks in a row, until the press conference. 

The Chief Medical Officer of your country, risked spreading this. Whilst at the same time, told people the opposite.

The First Minister of your country backed her.

Then she resigned. 

Do you believe Scotland is as safe as we could be now?

Yes. She hasn't got Coronavirus. 

1 minute ago, Zlatanable said:

classic.

its like Ive done something wrong here. ( I haven't)

Go find out about NS and why she has no children. 

5 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

while you are here @ri Alban, what makes you think you can talk to me like that?

You aren't a superstar on here like. 

Ditto! There's plenty anti SNP threads kicking about, which you probably started, keep it for there. That's why I said it. 

I was referring to the ex-CMO and her family. Quite clearly I thought.

I wouldn't say things like that about Nicola Sturgeon. 

She's now irrelevant. 

And I thought that after I posted. Apologies. 

2 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

why do you lot get so uptight about me, its amazing, horrifying, upsetting, disturbing

I just want to speak my mind

Speak all you want. No one gives a shite, believe me. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic