Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

1 minute ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

She is an utter piece of shit who should be nowhere government - she has been  on TV every day telling 5 million of us to stay at home while swanning off for a weekend away with her family TWICE.   

Have to agree with this, I'm no angel but at times like this you don't take the piss.

Between being I'll and still recovering, and seriously thinking to myself what is the point in life anymore. 

I have not set a foot outside my house for 3 weeks now, for the simple reason i respect elderly people that are staying indoors, and it would kill me if I found out i had infected an elderly person. 

To think of all the social media aspects we have in life now, such as video calls facetime etc, and she thinks it's just okay to be tarting around as normal. 

These people that are shielding for 12 weeks, sacrificed more than what we have ever in a lifetime, and yet you have selfish *******s like her doing that.

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

davemclaren
4 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

There's hypocrisy and then there is total disregard and responsibility. It kept being said today that she made a mistake. It wasn't a mistake, or human error. It was complete shunning of the rules millions of us need to stand by that she felt she was above, or able to self justify.

I think if she hadn't done it last weekend she could maybe have survived, but the signs suggest that she was treating it like a little getaway on the weekend.

Yip. A huge error of judgement on her part ( twice ) that her career was never going to survive. 

Doctor FinnBarr
9 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

When it came out  Catherine Calderwood had flouted the rules two weeks in a row, she was toast, and should have been emptied before the press conference. Not nice to see anyone lose their job, especially when it turns out they've got two mortgages to pay.

Resigned means she'll walk with money, had she been sacked, nowt

6 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

10 pm on a Sunday night is interesting timing. I wonder if it was originally scheduled for tomorrow morning until other events tonight made it better timing if you want to bury some news ... 

12 out of 14 questions asked about it earlier. And very strong questions. 

Even The National. 

SwindonJambo
3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Yip. A huge error of judgement on her part ( twice ) that her career was never going to survive. 

She’s a trained gynaecologist. She won’t starve! She’ll just quietly disappear from the public eye and resume working as one, like every other gynaecologist who isn’t a public figure.

10 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

10 pm on a Sunday night is interesting timing. I wonder if it was originally scheduled for tomorrow morning until other events tonight made it better timing if you want to bury some news ... 

it does seem that it has been announced due to boris being in hospital

Seymour M Hersh

I actually think she's done the honourable thing unlike certain politicians who get caught doing wrong but think it's fine and dandy to carry on as if nothing has happened. As others have said she'll not struggle and just returned to what she trained for.  

Footballfirst

A couple of points about the tiger getting the virus.

How did it manage to get tested and was it in an at risk group?

It's also a warning for everyone to maintain social distancing from any tigers you meet.  

3 minutes ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

A kind of reverse Levein situation. 🤔

I hope she digs out her scrubs and gets back on the front line, would go a long way to redeeming her reputation. She probably feels like getting away from it all for a while, but that wouldn't be too clever under the circumstances.

2 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

it does seem that it has been announced due to boris being in hospital

I don’t buy that at all. It’s been announced because she has come to the conclusion her position is untenable.  While it may seem an eternity on the Internet/twitter etc., it’s still only a matter of hours since the scandal broke.  The pressure has - quite rightly - quickly forced her out.

She is a ****ing arsehole. Her actions have been exceptionally dangerous, in terms of the message it sends. 

2 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

A kind of reverse Levein situation. 🤔

I hope she digs out her scrubs and gets back on the front line, would go a long way to redeeming her reputation. She probably feels like getting away from it all for a while, but that wouldn't be too clever under the circumstances.

Getting away from it all for a while has been her undoing. 

Dagger Is Back
39 minutes ago, SwindonJambo said:

Apparently she's in isolation too, displaying symptoms but no positive test as far as we know. And she's pregnant.

Jesus

5 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

I actually think she's done the honourable thing unlike certain politicians who get caught doing wrong but think it's fine and dandy to carry on as if nothing has happened. As others have said she'll not struggle and just returned to what she trained for.  

It’s hard to think of too many politicians who have carried on as if nothing has happened after getting caught bang to rights doing something so outrageous. 

5 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

It's also a warning for everyone to maintain social distancing from any tigers you meet.  

image.jpg

2 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

The thing is animals don't get social distancing. 

So if animals are going to be affected by this its going to be around for a long time. Unless we dispose of pets. 

Probably resigned so she can go back and Forth to Fife. 

Seriously though, hate to see anyone lose their job especially at a time we need leaders. That said, not the kind of behaviour we need from people telling us what to do. 

Re Boris Johnson. Hope he gets well soon. Regardless of what I think of him he is our PM and his close family really need him right now. 

Just now, BudgeUp said:

The thing is animals don't get social distancing. 

So if animals are going to be affected by this its going to be around for a long time. Unless we dispose of pets. 

The beauty of many pets is that you can do the social distancing for them. 

Japan Jambo
8 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

the honourable thing would have been to resign when the story broke. Instead she waited until Nicky had publicly backed her before the clamour became too much. The statement clearly notes a conversation with the first minister, strongly suggests a 'you resign or I'll fire you scenario'...

1 minute ago, Peebo said:

The beauty of many pets is that you can do the social distancing for them. 

Oh I get that. 

I'm a dog person. 

It's cat owners I've always found odd. And the fact their pets spend all their time outdoors. 

Just now, BudgeUp said:

Oh I get that. 

I'm a dog person. 

It's cat owners I've always found odd. And the fact their pets spend all their time outdoors. 

No ****ing cats (including tigers) will get anywhere near my dog. So we’re safe on that front. 

2 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

Do you live in Scotland?

Yes. 

I fail to see the need for a seperate thread when one is discussing at length the cmo. 

I'm also not going to state your post was political because I didn't read anything political in it. 

35 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Doubt it.

Tuesday or Wednesday are the big days when Scotland catches up on recorded deaths with the revised approach.

She failed to follow the guidance and was swiftly dealt with and forced into resignation. 

That's pretty much it. Not much to talk about really. 

A clear message to anyone else who feels they are entitled to say one thing and do another. Including whoever replaces her. 

31 minutes ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

Sorry, but too simplistic.

Cairneyhill Jambo
28 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

Dr Catherine Calderwood resigned after Nicola Sturgeon supported her staying in position earlier today.

Who is the next person to be Chief Medical Officer (CMO)?

This is a messy situation, and at a time we don't need extra questions, we have extra questions now.

Its only messy because you've been pulling the heid aff it since the news broke and you've ran out of kleenex. 

Seymour M Hersh
16 minutes ago, Jap Jambo said:

the honourable thing would have been to resign when the story broke. Instead she waited until Nicky had publicly backed her before the clamour became too much. The statement clearly notes a conversation with the first minister, strongly suggests a 'you resign or I'll fire you scenario'...

I think she offered her resignation earlier but it was refused.  Better late than never if not and at least she has done it. "Nicky" ffs! 

Pasquale for King

I have to say I always felt there was something not right about her, apart from the annoying accent obviously. I think it’s right that she’s resigned but let’s not kid ourselves in that hypocrisy of this kind isn’t rife in UK politics. 

I feel sorry for her.

The mistakes I make in life haven’t thus far cost me my job.

The need and want for her to be removed from position showed up social media for what it is.

If she was the best person for the job, I’d have rather she remained in position.

I can’t see how her resigning helps us in the battle v covid-19

17 minutes ago, BudgeUp said:

Oh I get that. 

I'm a dog person. 

It's cat owners I've always found odd. And the fact their pets spend all their time outdoors shitting in other people’s gardens.

FTFY

13 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

How dare you say that to me.

This Covid-19 coronavirus is an immediate and global emergency. 

Everyone in Scotland just suffered, a self inflicted weakness. 

How dare you use a global pandemic to score silly political points.

I'm pretty sure CC has resigned to satisfy the inevitable press witch hunt and will still be working behind the scenes to lend her expertise.

She's done a silly thing and although she is one of the top medical brains in the country it just shows we can all do daft things.

We really can't afford to lose people of her calibre so I'm sure she still be around giving an input.

Pasquale for King
33 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

Dr Catherine Calderwood resigned after Nicola Sturgeon supported her staying in position earlier today.

Who is the next person to be Chief Medical Officer (CMO)?

This is a messy situation, and at a time we don't need extra questions, we have extra questions now.

Do you think that Liz the last and Charlie the cheat should resign too for travelling to their holiday homes? 

4 minutes ago, The Roller said:

I feel sorry for her.

The need and want for her to be removed from position showed up social media for what it is.

If she was the best person for the job, I’d have rather she remained in position.

I've lost a job due to behaviour on a night out. 

No regrets. 

He was a *****. 

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Do you think that Liz the last and Charlie the cheat should resign too for travelling to their holiday homes? 

Exactly  !  We risk losing an expert in this field for something stupid. Yet people like Royalty continue to do as they please.

Her public apology should have been enough. 

10 minutes ago, The Roller said:

I feel sorry for her.

Her resignation may not help, but her actions were hugely dangerous in the signals they send in the context of the message she play a key role of conveying. 

The mistake she made were inextricably linked to her job. She had to go. 

She deserves no sympathy, 

Just now, luckydug said:

Exactly  !  We risk losing an expert in this field for something stupid. Yet people like Royalty continue to do as they please.

Her public apology should have been enough. 

she is not an expert in the field of virology. 

I am not scoring political points @luckydug.

I am legitimately outraged/angry/scared at the people in Scotland, being exposed to a sudden change in personnel, at such a critical moment. 

All she does is collate tons of medical information and reports her findings / analysis / guidance to the FM.

She's a mouthpiece for all the experts. 

She's not irreplaceable. She also didn't have to be an expert on virology. 

Edited by BudgeUp
Spelling

Just now, milky_26 said:

she is not an expert in the field of virology. 

Indeed. A gynecologist by trade, I believe. Her role was about advising the government on public health matters, and also helping conveying messages and policy to the public. She failed in her duty massively on the latter part. 

To be clear, this was the Chief Medical Officer. 

One of the most important positions, right now in Scotland. 

She was in that position for a 

I

1 minute ago, Zlatanable said:

I am not scoring political points @luckydug.

I am legitimately outraged/angry/scared at the people in Scotland, being exposed to a sudden change in personnel, at such a critical moment. 

Well then the people of Scotland should have accepted her apology.

Instead they hounded her into submission.

That's really going to help the fight against the pandemic. 😕

36 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

How dare you say that to me.

This Covid-19 coronavirus is an immediate and global emergency. 

Everyone in Scotland just suffered, a self inflicted weakness. 

:rofl: Put a lid on it, you attention-seeking ideologue

Francis Albert

I think it is fair to suggest the shambolic response to the CMO's absurd disobedience of her own rules is a fair topic for a separate thread. Add Nicola's stupid refusal to accept her resignation rather than sacking her. Not the finest hour for the Scottish Government, the First Minister or the SNP.

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Is this ok? She deleted the tweet.

8BCEFC2F-FB39-4DB1-A4A2-6C23993385E0.jpeg

E5671402-0BB8-4CD0-AD6B-78810203FFC6.jpeg

Not sure of the relevance. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic