Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

6 minutes ago, Mad Dog Logan said:

You get a grip, a lot of people do think he's a buffoon but the point I clearly made is there's more important things than that. That's why I said get well soon🙄 

3 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Your post was Ok, poster not engaging his brain right.

He's our buffoon, get well Boris, stick in.

You're both correct, lads.

Please accept my apologies.

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Jambof3tornado
28 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

You may have already had it with symptoms so mild you barely noticed them. 

Correct. Deaths rates for those having gone into ICU do nobody any favours.

Lack of testing has severely messed up our figures.

15 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Dominic Raab looked absolutely terrified on the news at 10.

He was pretty hopeless at the earlier daily briefing too. Easily the worst of the bunch so far.

Tommy Brown
1 minute ago, Jambof3tornado said:

our figures are frankly beyond useless.

I honestly do not believe we have a clue where we stand.

date Country, Total New Deaths new Deaths Recovered active Critical
03/04/2020 UK 38,168 4,450 3,605 684 135 34,428 163
04/04/2020 UK 41,903   4,313 708 135 37,455 1,559
05/04/2020 UK 47,806 5,903 4,934 621 135 42,737 1,559
06/04/2020 UK 51,608 3,802 5,373 439 135 46,100 1,559

Konrad von Carstein
13 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Nice response Morgan! 👌

22 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Yes he did. Because he knows, despite the Understated reassuring tone that’s being put out there, that NO ONE goes to ICU as a precaution. He is there because he is ill enough to require assistance with his blood gases (having trouble breathing and therefore not enough oxygen in his blood) He doesn’t seem to be on a ventilator as yet but there will be one by his bed for immediate use as the next step. He is seriously ill with a life threatening virus. He isn’t there as a precaution. 

I thought it was inevitable that a world leader would be in trouble, you just don't think it's one of your own.

16 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Shat it!

::troll::

Francis Albert
23 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

I'm sure having a bike or skateboard is much more easy to keep at your person. A football is easily miscontrolled and retrieval could put you in close proximity to someone else. Just a thought.

In this specific case miscontrolled by a one year old or by a parent tapping it to a one year old? If the former I hope we had scouts in the park.

CF11JamTart
28 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

I'm sure having a bike or skateboard is much more easy to keep at your person. A football is easily miscontrolled and retrieval could put you in close proximity to someone else. Just a thought.

You've clearly seen the state of my passing and close-control...

Just now, jonesy said:

Was he playing with Damour and Uche? Fair play, then, ball could have gone anywhere.

:D :rofl: Doyle was in goal.

1 minute ago, CF11JamTart said:

You've clearly seen the state of my passing and close-control...

Harry Hill gave me £250. :D :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, graygo said:

So do I but unfortunately they won't/don't. Over 50% don't make it with this virus. ☹️

Yes I was just reading about that, had no idea it was such a high percentage. 

Hope the PM makes it through this. 

Obviously best wishes for everyone suffering as well. 

4 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

In this specific case miscontrolled by a one year old or by a parent tapping it to a one year old? If the former I hope we had scouts in the park.

Sometimes Dad's think they're Maradona, even if it's with the wean. We like to be silly .

CF11JamTart
2 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Sometimes Dad's think they're Maradona, even if it's with the wean. We like to be silly .

ANY child with a ball at his or her feet deserve to be booted up in the air.

Just now, CF11JamTart said:

ANY child with a ball at his or her feet deserve to be booted up in the air.

Slid tackled. Father and Child competitiveness. But he's only one. Doesn't matter. :D

Seymour M Hersh
31 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

DOesn't help when the testing kits you buy from China don't work either. 

52 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

I think the police could establish quickly whether the three neds were part of the same household. Sounds unlikely. But even if they were they could surely distinguish between 3 neds and a couple with a one year old.

Anyway why is kicking a ball less of  form of exercise than say skateboarding or riding a bike?

Why not just keep your nitpicking and 

Whataboutery for the terrace  ? 

If the rules say you can't do this or that just obey them. They are put in place for a good reason and as it stands they are law and enforceable with fines. 

The Police don't have time to Feck about

satisfying people's niceties just behave. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
57 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

I agree he looked in shock - he is usually a fairly calm operator.

He probably knows the truth about the PMs condition and not the soft fudge press release version

7 minutes ago, luckydug said:

If the rules say you can't do this or that just obey them. They are put in place for a good reason and as it stands they are law and enforceable with fines. 

The rules don't say you can't have a kickabout with your household at the park though so maybe the police have more time to feck about than we think given the choice to move people on in this scenario.

I'd say what the original poster described fits perfectly to the following:

"You can still go to the park for outdoor exercise once a day but only alone or with members of your household, not in groups."

Football is exercise every bit as much as walking, running or cycling. Calling it leisure/recreation doesn't make it not exercise. 

Edited by Taffin

Francis Albert
6 minutes ago, luckydug said:

The neds in this example would probably have been aware that a PCO has no authority to enforce any law even if it exists. Which a law against a couple patting a ball around with a toddler doesn't.

You completely miss the point that the police and authorities have to take the public with them or else they will fail.

CF11JamTart
4 minutes ago, Taffin said:

The rules don't say you can't have a kickabout with your household at the park though so maybe the police have more time to feck about than we think given the choice to move people on in this scenario.

"You can still go to the park for outdoor exercise once a day but only alone or with members of your household, not in groups."

Football is exercise every bit as much as walking, running or cycling. Calling it leisure/recreation doesn't make it not exercise. 

To be honest.... I was surprised by the exercise vs leisure / recreation thing.

We weren't trying to bend the rules. And now we know, we'll do something else.

4 minutes ago, CF11JamTart said:

The amount of people who are out walking/running/cycling but not doing it as a leisure or recreational activity will be miniscule.

Will you get moved on if your running too slowly and it's deemed recreational? 😂

13 minutes ago, CF11JamTart said:

You weren’t bending or breaking any rule because the rule itself is so open to interpretation. Period out of the house once per day for exercise provided you observe social distancing and either go yourself or with people from the same household. There is nothing in there about what form of exercise is allowed or no allowed. I can see the need to keep places quiet. I can see why sunbathing isn’t allowed. I don’t see what is wrong with a family of 3 having a kick about as long as they are observing SD. 

Just proves that simple straightforward rules sometimes don’t fully fit a situation 

Edited by JimmyCant

1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

Are we? 

Must've missed that meeting. 

Yes we are and anyone who isn't is putting their politics before human life. 

God forbid that the worst happens it will be a dreadful blow to morale. 

If the PM can get it so can anyone. 

3 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Are we? 

wow - hateful loser

18 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

The neds in this example would probably have been aware that a PCO has no authority to enforce any law even if it exists. Which a law against a couple patting a ball around with a toddler doesn't.

You completely miss the point that the police and authorities have to take the public with them or else they will fail.

Yes OK I take your point. 

It just seemed a bit off people moaning and girning about not being able to kick a ball about when taking their daily exercise. 

Especially after the events of this evening. 

Those of us that are still healthy should be thankful and determined to stay that way. Surely that is the important thing right now. 

Herd immunity and all that , he's taking it on the chin , hopefully he makes a full recovery and is held responsible for his woefully inadequate handling of a major pandemic. 

5 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Are we? 

You're Better than that. Boris has shown himself to be a PM, I thought he was at it with the Borisness. He's tried his best and to me, shown he actually cares and can lead a country.

Anyway, It does not matter about politics, Boris,  Nicola, and all the rest are all working together to help the folk of The UK fight this, leading from the front. Let's all do as they ask.

I P Knightley

1 hour ago, Sooperstar said:

He is a nasty piece of work who looks down his nose at 90% of the population. His life in politics has been made easy by being in a government where that sort of thing is just fine and the opposition has been weak and feckless. I don't think he ever thought he'd have to work hard or use any intelligence to get by and now he's been handed a hospital pass and is filling his pants. Not helped by stepping up to the plate at a time when those of whom he is so dismissive (shop workers, nurses, other low-paid key workers) are being feted as heroes. 

3 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

He is a nasty piece of work who looks down his nose at 90% of the population. His life in politics has been made easy by being in a government where that sort of thing is just fine and the opposition has been weak and feckless. I don't think he ever thought he'd have to work hard or use any intelligence to get by and now he's been handed a hospital pass and is filling his pants. Not helped by stepping up to the plate at a time when those of whom he is so dismissive (shop workers, nurses, other low-paid key workers) are being feted as heroes. 

Raab and Gove about to go to war. Hopefully Boris isn't too bad, these two could start a fight in an empty hoose. 

Treasury and health office fighting already. And I fear for the good will with the opposition under Raab and Gove.

Hope I'm wrong but Raab and Gove have form for being back stabbing £&_-s.

1 hour ago, jonesy said:

I appreciate you’ve been through/are getting through it all, and probably have a different perspective, but the vast majority of folk around the country seem capable of quietly getting a bit of fresh air and exercise while maintaining distance and respecting the law. I’m not sure how becoming a house-arrest state would do anything other than give the chancers even more of a thrill as they play cat-and-mouse, while the rest of us sit at home pissing each other off and looking forlornly out the window at the beautiful world that exists in for living.

My daily walk up and around Blackford Hill with my boys, for example, is helping all three of us to get through a difficult time in all of our lives.

There’s plenty more things to kill us once CV is done and out of the headlines, but there (hopefully) won’t be police state style regulations for them. Take your pick from car fumes, climate change, plastics, tainted food, violent crime, acid rain, or, for the poor buggers nearer to the equator, malaria (which disproportionately kills under 5s, and at a total of ca. 500,000 people a year - is there a ‘lockdown’ in Africa?) and a whole range of other diseases. Or, do we now get used to just being told to shut up and stay at home? Slippery slope in a culture once used to its freedom of choice.

Just think personally If we were all to stay in doors we could get rid of it, appreciate that you like going on a walk, when I'm feeling more upto it I'll probably do the same, have been out my back garden twice now getting there. 

9 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

He was picked as 'number 2' to ensure the PMs Brexit plans were followed through in the event the PM wasn't around.

Certainly  not as an all rounder in the face of adversity.

A poor decision decision by the PM, with the benefit of hindsight.

22 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Yes we are and anyone who isn't is putting their politics before human life. 

God forbid that the worst happens it will be a dreadful blow to morale. 

If the PM can get it so can anyone. 

22 minutes ago, robroy1874 said:

wow - hateful loser

14 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

You're Better than that. Boris has shown himself to be a PM, I thought he was at it with the Borisness. He's tried his best and to me, shown he actually cares and can lead a country.

Anyway, It does not matter about politics, Boris,  Nicola, and all the rest are all working together to help the folk of The UK fight this, leading from the front. Let's all do as they ask.

I never wished ill on him, did I? 

Folk get their knickers in a twist too easily on here. ❄ 

Just now, Cruyff said:

Okay. Not looking to argue with you bud.

1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

Folk are touchy at the moment. 

We are all on edge its beginning to hit home how vulnerable we all are. 

9 minutes ago, luckydug said:

I think Boris' situation has hit Donald Trump hard, and the penny has finally dropped.

Unknown user
49 minutes ago, Taffin said:

It's so, so british - yeah you can go out, exercise daily, but god help you if you try to make it entertaining. Hey, did you smile?!

I worked in a factory when I came back from holland, got an absolute roasting one day for talking. I stood my ground, pointed out the line dictated the pace, we kept up, did a quality job, didn't make mistakes, why shouldn't we chat?

"You're not here to enjoy yourself" - literally just annoyed that we weren't hating our day enough!

It was fine in the end, I stood my ground, said my bit, and after a storm off and a couple of days of awkwardness he started coming over for a chat. Nice dude as it turns out.

But I digress, for a change 

Weakened Offender
2 hours ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Raab on the news now.  Bricking it, looks like a lost wee laddie.  Genuinely feel for him, never thought I’d ever say that about him. 

So he should be. 

It wasn't meant to be like this for these guys. Deliver Brexit, make a fortune, piss off to the sunshine. 

Shit just got real for Raab. 

The PM dying, whatever you think of him, will have a crushing effect on the country. This is a shocking development. 

32 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Raab and Gove about to go to war. Hopefully Boris isn't too bad, these two could start a fight in an empty hoose. 

Treasury and health office fighting already. And I fear for the good will with the opposition under Raab and Gove.

Hope I'm wrong but Raab and Gove have form for being back stabbing £&_-s.

Both ****ing weasels.

26 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Stay in your house and you will be fine. 

I wouldn't wish ill on Boris but I'm not going to be "rooting" for a guy who's policies and policies he has voted for have led to the hardship and in some cases, death, of loads of people. 

Edited by Cruyff

Unknown user
1 minute ago, weehammy said:

Another armchair epidemiologist spouts his p**h.

Innocent people got sick because of the government's callous early course, that's a stone cold fact.

I hope the guy's ok but the frontline heroes we applaud still can't protect themselves while they fight to protect us, they're undermanned, under equipped and underpaid.

This is no time to put scrutiny aside, lives are genuinely at risk, it's needed now more than ever and it's vital that we learn lessons from this - we need a strong NHS and we need a government that can be trusted to put people first, not one that cheers when it votes down pay rises for nurses.

I hope boris is ok, like everyone else, and it's scary times, but his ill health doesn't rewrite history.

Pasquale for King
8 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Innocent people got sick because of the government's callous early course, that's a stone cold fact.

I hope the guy's ok but the frontline heroes we applaud still can't protect themselves while they fight to protect us, they're undermanned, under equipped and underpaid.

This is no time to put scrutiny aside, lives are genuinely at risk, it's needed now more than ever and it's vital that we learn lessons from this - we need a strong NHS and we need a government that can be trusted to put people first, not one that cheers when it votes down pay rises for nurses.

I hope boris is ok, like everyone else, and it's scary times, but his ill health doesn't rewrite history.

Well said, I did think he would regret his actions and the “Operation Last Gasp” joke about getting more ventilators. The real heroes don’t wear capes.

Pasquale for King
25 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

So he should be. 

It wasn't meant to be like this for these guys. Deliver Brexit, make a fortune, piss off to the sunshine. 

Shit just got real for Raab. 

The PM dying, whatever you think of him, will have a crushing effect on the country. This is a shocking development. 

Hopefully it won’t come to that, its bad enough as it is. 

Unknown user
Just now, Pasquale for King said:

Sad news about Peps mother too.

Yeah I saw that, sad stuff.

My Mrs' uncle's brother passed from it a couple of days ago - the worst of it is that his wife of 50 years doesn't know, she's in intensive care herself and unlikely to make it. Very sad all round.

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Yeah I saw that, sad stuff.

My Mrs' uncle's brother passed from it a couple of days ago - the worst of it is that his wife of 50 years doesn't know, she's in intensive care herself and unlikely to make it. Very sad all round.

That is sad, sorry to hear that.

J.T.F.Robertson
1 hour ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

I agree he looked in shock - he is usually a fairly calm operator.

He probably knows the truth about the PMs condition and not the soft fudge press release version

Objection! Speculation, Your Honor.

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic