Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

41 minutes ago, That thing you do said:

Theres a one in 55000 complications rate though. Ranging from long term health issues to amputations. And if the "rubber in the veins" part is true, then there could be a number of people walking around with it and any number of heart attacks and strokes attributed to it.

I remain skeptical but there are growing voices worldwide talking about it and as Ive said previously, look what politicians are capable of covering up an IT glitch, you think they wont try and bury this as well?

So 0.0018% of people have complications from the vaccine compared to between 3-12% of people who have caught covid still experiencing symptoms 3 months later.

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

9 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

So 0.0018% of people have complications from the vaccine compared to between 3-12% of people who have caught covid still experiencing symptoms 3 months later.

Some people just don't do numbers all that well.

7 minutes ago, That thing you do said:

Once again the guest making the points. This time US Military personnel

Before viewing that video, it's no harm for people to be aware that the guest is Major Tom Haviland.  He has featured regularly on Covid-19 conspiracy sites and videos (just like funeral undertaker guy from Milton Keynes has), and he says that he was fired by the US Department of Defense for refusing to be jabbed.

You could take a couple of minutes to flick through the article linked below.  It's a fact check by AFP, one of the world's leading news agencies, into claims made by an American embalmer about clots and Covid-19 vaccines.  

If you want to skip the article and just get to the point, I've summarised it very briefly in the spoiler below.

Spoiler

It's quite unscientific, and without any foundation at all.  

But there's loads of other stuff in the article, including a local quote from Edinburgh, so if you're interested you can read it for yourself here:

US embalmer baselessly links clots to Covid-19 vaccines | Fact Check (afp.com)

Bindy Badgy
18 hours ago, That thing you do said:

Theres a one in 55000 complications rate though. Ranging from long term health issues to amputations. And if the "rubber in the veins" part is true, then there could be a number of people walking around with it and any number of heart attacks and strokes attributed to it.

I remain skeptical but there are growing voices worldwide talking about it and as Ive said previously, look what politicians are capable of covering up an IT glitch, you think they wont try and bury this as well?

It isn't a case of politicians trying to bury stuff. It would be a case of scientist burying stuff. Of course, academic misconduct exists. Andrew Wakefield is a vaccine related example. However, he was called out by other scientists.

That thing you do
8 hours ago, Ulysses said:

Before viewing that video, it's no harm for people to be aware that the guest is Major Tom Haviland.  He has featured regularly on Covid-19 conspiracy sites and videos (just like funeral undertaker guy from Milton Keynes has), and he says that he was fired by the US Department of Defense for refusing to be jabbed.

You could take a couple of minutes to flick through the article linked below.  It's a fact check by AFP, one of the world's leading news agencies, into claims made by an American embalmer about clots and Covid-19 vaccines.  

If you want to skip the article and just get to the point, I've summarised it very briefly in the spoiler below.

Reveal hidden contents

It's quite unscientific, and without any foundation at all.  

But there's loads of other stuff in the article, including a local quote from Edinburgh, so if you're interested you can read it for yourself here:

US embalmer baselessly links clots to Covid-19 vaccines | Fact Check (afp.com)

How about the British Medical Journal?

https://www.bmj.com/company/newsroom/first-reported-cases-of-clots-in-large-arteries-causing-stroke-following-covid-19-vaccination/

There clearly IS a risk. Its a case of how big that risk is.

26 minutes ago, That thing you do said:

https://www.bmj.com/company/newsroom/first-reported-cases-of-clots-in-large-arteries-causing-stroke-following-covid-19-vaccination/

That's an old story, and it has nothing to do with the unscientific tosh you posted about Funeral Undertaker Guy and his apparent expertise in the carrying out of autopsies, or the "military man" with an axe to grind.

Everyone knows that there were some reported issues with the AstraZeneca (Vaxzevria) shot back in 2001.  It's also well-known that these affected a minuscule percentage of people who got jabs, and that many health authorities modified their vaccine delivery programs in response to the risks, or stopped using Vaxzevria altogether.  It's also well-known (or at least quite easy to find out) that Vaxzevria doesn't use the same technology as the Pfizer-BioNTech And Moderna vaccines.

Also, the risk profiles of these medicines are well-known, regularly reviewed and discussed by experts (and by that I mean experts in medicine, not experts in polishing coffin handles).  They're also available for anyone to see, even (Heaven help us) people who can't really understand the data anyway.  So the notion that something is being hidden is just more of the same unscientific, uneducated, unaware, paranoid mumbo jumbo conspiracy waffle we've come to expect from the tinfoil hat sector.

Funeral Guy, Embalmer Guy and people like them haven't discovered something all the top medics and researchers out there have missed.  Sorry to disappoint anyone, but that's how it is.

2 hours ago, Bindy Badgy said:

It isn't a case of politicians trying to bury stuff. It would be a case of scientist burying stuff. Of course, academic misconduct exists. Andrew Wakefield is a vaccine related example. However, he was called out by other scientists.

Andrew Wakefield is a charlatan.

But don't forget he was also a poster boy for the anti-vax conspiracy theorists.  His academic misconduct was specifically designed to discredit the MMR vaccine, and there is a real possibility that children have died or being disabled because people were fooled by his disgraced and wholly immoral behaviour.

It's no surprise that he's still an active anti-vaxxer, and still spreading lies and fear.

2 hours ago, That thing you do said:

Three cases of ischaemic stroke reported in young adults following administration of the Oxford–AstraZeneca vaccine.

Three.

Massive risk, clearly.

Since that was posted nearly 3 years ago, there have been many updates: https://www.bmj.com/company/newsroom/new-study-updates-evidence-on-rare-blood-clotting-condition-after-covid-19-vaccination/

I see that you didn't read your own article, because right at the bottom of the BMJ article this is linked:
https://jnnp.bmj.com/content/92/11/1142

Ischaemic stroke can follow COVID-19 vaccination but is much more common with COVID-19 infection itself

Unfortunately you'll need to log in to view the article, but I'm sure you'll have one since you're so happy to cite them :thumbsup: 

Nucky Thompson
37 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Three cases of ischaemic stroke reported in young adults following administration of the Oxford–AstraZeneca vaccine.

Three.

Massive risk, clearly.

Since that was posted nearly 3 years ago, there have been many updates: https://www.bmj.com/company/newsroom/new-study-updates-evidence-on-rare-blood-clotting-condition-after-covid-19-vaccination/

I see that you didn't read your own article, because right at the bottom of the BMJ article this is linked:

Ischaemic stroke can follow COVID-19 vaccination but is much more common with COVID-19 infection itself

Unfortunately you'll need to log in to view the article, but I'm sure you'll have one since you're so happy to cite them :thumbsup: 

They were obviously concerned enough that they binned the AZ vaccine.

That thing you do

Guy from GB News debate who spoke to Sunak talking in detail here.

And AZ was indeed binned as too dangerous.

My point with all of this again is that I remain skeptical still about the white clots and these stories but having seen so many scandals I cant rule it out.

Time will tell if these people are right and it's truly a disaster or it isnt.

That thing you do
17 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

And one of them (apparently) has a 100% death rate in mice. Thats not to say it would have 100% in humans but enhancing covid sounds a bad idea

henrysmithsgloves
1 hour ago, tian447 said:

Three.

Massive risk, clearly.

I personally believe the vaccine caused my stroke last year. Believe me I was super fit,I made sure of that after having cancer eight years ago🤕😳

1 hour ago, That thing you do said:

My point with all of this again is that I remain skeptical still about the white clots and these stories but having seen so many scandals I cant rule it out.

Can you tell me his name so I can look him up before I have to look at the video?  No-one looks at GBeebies unless they absolutely have to. :laugh:

Sorry if this sounds critical, but you don't sound all that sceptical to me.  Rather than posting videos by these clueless, unqualified and scaremongering chancers, a sceptical person would question them, their lack of relevant knowledge, and their motivation, and having done so would see right through them.

1 hour ago, henrysmithsgloves said:

I personally believe the vaccine caused my stroke last year. Believe me I was super fit,I made sure of that after having cancer eight years ago🤕😳

Did you catch covid prior to the stroke? Seemingly Covid can increase your risk of stroke by up to 20 times.

periodictabledancer
1 hour ago, That thing you do said:

You're deliberately misrepresenting the whole story. Potential side effects aside, it would've been binned purely on the grounds  it's not as effective as mRNA vaccines. You should make that clear. 

Just now, periodictabledancer said:

You're deliberately misrepresenting the whole story. Potential side effects aside, it would've been binned purely on the grounds  it's not as effective as mRNA vaccines. You should make that clear. 

Most people don't even realise that the AstraZeneca and Pfizer-BioNTech vaccines don't use the same technology.

11 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

Most people don't even realise that the AstraZeneca and Pfizer-BioNTech vaccines don't use the same technology.

While that may be true, it is common knowledge amongst the tinfoil hatters that all flavours of the vaccine are affected by 5G.

The people of Skye are only getting 4G masts installed because the vaccine rollout was slow low there apparently:

https://news.stv.tv/highlands-islands/helicopters-deliver-and-install-4g-masts-on-skye-as-part-of-1bn-shared-rural-network-project

:conspiracy:

Edited by kila

My neighbours' daughter studied medicine. She did 6 years in university, which included work placements in two of the top hospitals in Ireland, followed by another 4 years working in 2 hospitals, one here and one in Australia. She's just applied to get on to the training programme to become a GP.  If she gets in, she'll complete it in the summer of 2029, while also working in hospitals at the same time.  If she goes on to practice, she'll spend her entire career in continuing professional development.

An outrageously high IQ, a completely flawless set of results leaving school, followed by 14 years of study, training and practice, so as to become a GP and then carry on learning for the rest of her days.

But some fellas do a bit of Googling and sitting on their slacktivist holes watching videos with colouredy lights and amateur dramatic presenters, and think they've magically learned something more.

Yer having a ****ing laugh. :rofl:

Edited by Ulysses
Oops, had to fix a date.

Felix Lighter
4 hours ago, Ulysses said:

That's an old story, and it has nothing to do with the unscientific tosh you posted about Funeral Undertaker Guy and his apparent expertise in the carrying out of autopsies, or the "military man" with an axe to grind.

I'm sure the guy doesn't carry out autopsies, because he won't be qualified to do so. He will however be qualified to carry out the embalming process, which is a different thing entirely. But then you probably know that. 

39 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

Can you tell me his name so I can look him up before I have to look at the video?  No-one looks at GBeebies unless they absolutely have to. :laugh:

Sorry if this sounds critical, but you don't sound all that sceptical to me.  Rather than posting videos by these clueless, unqualified and scaremongering chancers, a sceptical person would question them, their lack of relevant knowledge, and their motivation, and having done so would see right through them.

His name is John Watt, he was allowed to put a question to the prime minister the other night, its on the previous page before the laughing gifs, If you can come off your high horse to watch it maybe you can learn how these needless jabs(for the majority) have hurt and killed, this could have easily been a young Hearts fan who was coerced into getting injected just to watch a game of football. 

12 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

My neighbours' daughter studied medicine. She did 6 years in university, which included work placements in two of the top hospitals in Ireland, followed by another 4 years working in 2 hospitals, one here and one in Australia. She's just applied to get on to the training programme to become a GP.  If she gets in, she'll complete it in the summer of 2029, while also working in hospitals at the same time.  If she goes on to practice, she'll spend her entire career in continuing professional development.

An outrageously high IQ, a completely flawless set of results leaving school, followed by 14 years of study, training and practice, so as to become a GP and then carry on learning for the rest of her days.

But some fellas do a bit of Googling and sitting on their slacktivist holes watching videos with colouredy lights and amateur dramatic presenters, and think they've magically learned something more.

Pics or this is bull

23 minutes ago, escobri said:

His name is John Watt, he was allowed to put a question to the prime minister the other night, its on the previous page before the laughing gifs, If you can come off your high horse to watch it maybe you can learn how these needless jabs(for the majority) have hurt and killed, this could have easily been a young Hearts fan who was coerced into getting injected just to watch a game of football. 

I'll look him up.

You're not doing this because you're sceptical. You're doing it because you're not sceptical and you don't really understand.

Several times you've been shown that you're posting videos made by serial liars.  If you were genuinely sceptical you wouldn't.  You'd acknowledge that they were chancers and you'd move on to find better evidence for the things that concern you.

2 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

I'll look him up.

You're not doing this because you're sceptical. You're doing it because you're not sceptical and you don't really understand.

Several times you've been shown that you're posting videos made by serial liars.  If you were genuinely sceptical you wouldn't.  You'd acknowledge that they were chancers and you'd move on to find better evidence for the things that concern you.

Sorry, I was replying to the wrong post there.

Mind you, my post still holds up very well.

I repeat, yizzer having a laugh, yiz really are. :laugh:

That thing you do
2 hours ago, Ulysses said:

I am very skeptical, but I dont trust the Government on this after Post Office, Paedophile Rings, Savile.

I listen to what people are saying about these clots and my only point is, if its true, our Government would absolutely cover it up. Nothing more.

I do know at least one person who did die from clots from the jab. The fact its happening isnt in doubt, its the scale of it that is either "fearmongering" as you say, its exaggerated, or, its under reported. Time will tell which it is.

That thing you do
1 hour ago, Ulysses said:

Whats your point? Shes not an embalmer who are the people seeing this (supposedly)? Why would a GP embalm a dead body and find issues in their veins?

My cousin is a doctor as well, but the chances of her doing a post mortem are 0.

What we need is people who work in embalming to refute this as nonsense. And if they do, thats the end of the matter. Your neighbours daughter whos a doctor isnt doing any embalming though. All she would do is diagnse cause of death and this issue would show up as a heart attack or stroke.

The questions for your neighbours daughter are:

- Are you seeing any excess deaths?

- Have more people been coming in that are younger with critical issues?

If the answer is no on both counts, that would also suggest theres nothing to it.

Im simply saying Im willing to entertain the possibility as I can see this being the kind of scandal the Government is very capable of. But if those questions are answered and theres nothing to it Ill stop posting about it and admit I was wrong.

Edited by That thing you do

henrysmithsgloves
2 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

Did you catch covid prior to the stroke? Seemingly Covid can increase your risk of stroke by up to 20 times.

Not a sniffle bud,never had a cold/flu in about twenty years. I had my booster in November, felt ill about a week later and no strength,that continued till January, when I had the stroke. No family history of strokes or heart disease 🤕 Stroke surgeon put it down to one of those things that can happen 😳 It's just lately that I have been made aware of folk that have had the vaccine to the detriment of their health. I am aware no vaccinations are 100% safe. It's happened now, just need to get better. Will I have another jab? I will take my chances with COVID now🧐👍🏻

14 minutes ago, henrysmithsgloves said:

Not a sniffle bud,never had a cold/flu in about twenty years. I had my booster in November, felt ill about a week later and no strength,that continued till January, when I had the stroke. No family history of strokes or heart disease 🤕 Stroke surgeon put it down to one of those things that can happen 😳 It's just lately that I have been made aware of folk that have had the vaccine to the detriment of their health. I am aware no vaccinations are 100% safe. It's happened now, just need to get better. Will I have another jab? I will take my chances with COVID now🧐👍🏻

How is it even humanly possible to avoid a cold for 20 years?

40 minutes ago, That thing you do said:

I am very skeptical, but I dont trust the Government on this after Post Office, Paedophile Rings, Savile.

I listen to what people are saying about these clots and my only point is, if its true, our Government would absolutely cover it up. Nothing more.

I do know at least one person who did die from clots from the jab. The fact its happening isnt in doubt, its the scale of it that is either "fearmongering" as you say, its exaggerated, or, its under reported. Time will tell which it is.

34 minutes ago, That thing you do said:

Whats your point? Shes not an embalmer who are the people seeing this (supposedly)? Why would a GP embalm a dead body and find issues in their veins?

My cousin is a doctor as well, but the chances of her doing a post mortem are 0.

What we need is people who work in embalming to refute this as nonsense. And if they do, thats the end of the matter. Your neighbours daughter whos a doctor isnt doing any embalming though. All she would do is diagnse cause of death and this issue would show up as a heart attack or stroke.

The questions for your neighbours daughter are:

- Are you seeing any excess deaths?

- Have more people been coming in that are younger with critical issues?

If the answer is no on both counts, that would also suggest theres nothing to it.

Im simply saying Im willing to entertain the possibility as I can see this being the kind of scandal the Government is very capable of. But if those questions are answered and theres nothing to it Ill stop posting about it and admit I was wrong.

My point isn't that a doctor gets to do embalming.

My point is that doctors have to understand medicine, and have to be smart.  It's all too easy for couch potatoes who couldn't pass years of medical exams or even begin to comprehend undertaking all they'd have to do to actually practise medicine.  It's a complete doddle. All they have to do is watch a couple of shiny lights videos on YouTube and then rant from the sidelines at people with real intelligence and real learning doing real jobs.

I wouldn't ask my neighbours' daughter the questions you set out above.  I wouldn't humiliate myself by having her think I was gullible enough to fall down that kind of rabbit hole.

Embalming.  :rofl:

henrysmithsgloves

Dunno, tried to work outside as much as I could. Don't get me wrong when the kids were at school I got everything 🤣

henrysmithsgloves
7 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Just now, henrysmithsgloves said:

Dunno, tried to work outside as much as I could. Don't get me wrong when the kids were at school I got everything 🤣

Footballfirst
38 minutes ago, henrysmithsgloves said:

Not a sniffle bud,never had a cold/flu in about twenty years. 

I used to catch a cold maybe once a year. It usually ended up in my chest and me coughing up phlegm for a week or so.

Since the start of the Covid pandemic I haven't had a cold at all.  Why's that the case? I don't know.  Perhaps it was down to the lessons learned during lockdown. Initially through mask wearing and the messaging taught me to keep my distance from people who are showing cold symptoms, generally avoiding crowded places, good personal hygiene and getting my covid and flu jabs. 

henrysmithsgloves
1 hour ago, Footballfirst said:

I used to catch a cold maybe once a year. It usually ended up in my chest and me coughing up phlegm for a week or so.

Since the start of the Covid pandemic I haven't had a cold at all.  Why's that the case? I don't know.  Perhaps it was down to the lessons learned during lockdown. Initially through mask wearing and the messaging taught me to keep my distance from people who are showing cold symptoms, generally avoiding crowded places, good personal hygiene and getting my covid and flu jabs. 

So living like a hermit 😂

On 13/02/2024 at 15:28, That thing you do said:

Actually, ranging from - pain at the injection site, mild headaches, sore arm, temporary fatigue, localised rash, upset stomach and myriad minor maladies or other well-known post-vaccination effects, all the way to death (rare, thankfully). This rather alters the impact of the headline figure when people know it includes a lot of things you failed to mention, which will make up a good proportion of reports. 

The full breakdown is available on the gov.uk yellow reporting website, broken down per vaccine. https://yellowcard.mhra.gov.uk/ 

2 hours ago, Gizmo said:

Actually, ranging from - pain at the injection site, mild headaches, sore arm, temporary fatigue, localised rash, upset stomach and myriad minor maladies or other well-known post-vaccination effects, all the way to death (rare, thankfully). This rather alters the impact of the headline figure when people know it includes a lot of things you failed to mention, which will make up a good proportion of reports. 

The full breakdown is available on the gov.uk yellow reporting website, broken down per vaccine. https://yellowcard.mhra.gov.uk/ 

At the time the EU paused the vaccine rollout because of stories about the AstraZeneca Covid-19 vaccine and blood clots, it was reported by the MHRA that the probability of developing clots was about 1 in 250,000. 

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/mhra-issues-new-advice-concluding-a-possible-link-between-covid-19-vaccine-astrazeneca-and-extremely-rare-unlikely-to-occur-blood-clots

doddsyJR9
5 hours ago, That thing you do said:

You have to be at it. Paedophile rings, Saville? You've been having nightmares of the Wicker Man film, haven't you? Your pin up girl has to have been wee burney? No doubt. 

il Duce McTarkin
6 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

It's probably not, but it is entirely possible to have had the cold numerous times in that 20 years and suffered no noticeable symptoms on account of a top-notch immune system.

Edited by il Duce McTarkin

il Duce McTarkin
6 hours ago, henrysmithsgloves said:

I rarely suffered when I had an outside job for almost 20 years also, but as soon as I went back to school and was sat in lecture theatres and that I was ill regularly. Now I've got young kids I'm rarely not suffering from some malady or other. Wee disease ridden *******s. 

Is it possible that chemo has left your immune system running at less than optimal even after 8 years? It kicked the shite out of my wee brother, and he's still finding new allergies and that around 5 years after finishing his treatment. 

Jim_Duncan
2 hours ago, il Duce McTarkin said:

It's probably not, but it is entirely possible to have had the cold numerous times in that 20 years and suffered no noticeable symptoms on account of a top-notch immune system.

Asymptomatic Superspreader?

Sounds like a great porno title, TBF. 

henrysmithsgloves
3 hours ago, il Duce McTarkin said:

I rarely suffered when I had an outside job for almost 20 years also, but as soon as I went back to school and was sat in lecture theatres and that I was ill regularly. Now I've got young kids I'm rarely not suffering from some malady or other. Wee disease ridden *******s. 

Is it possible that chemo has left your immune system running at less than optimal even after 8 years? It kicked the shite out of my wee brother, and he's still finding new allergies and that around 5 years after finishing his treatment. 

It drained me physically,the chemo  injections left me with permanent peripheral neuropathy , but I was back at work four weeks after the stomach operation ,due to they wouldn't pay me. I got my fitness level up, albeit it took just over a year. But never got any sniffles,home cooking, fresh fruit and vegetables plus an active German shepherd kept my stress levels down. Hope your wee brother is ok now,as well as physically draining,it can be mentally horrible, worrying at every ache . A saying I heard often at oncology was,it is what it is, stuck with me. Tell him to enjoy life and don't be a slave,or a survivor to cancer. My thoughts are with him👍🏻👍🏻

il Duce McTarkin
On 15/02/2024 at 01:05, henrysmithsgloves said:

It drained me physically,the chemo  injections left me with permanent peripheral neuropathy , but I was back at work four weeks after the stomach operation ,due to they wouldn't pay me. I got my fitness level up, albeit it took just over a year. But never got any sniffles,home cooking, fresh fruit and vegetables plus an active German shepherd kept my stress levels down. Hope your wee brother is ok now,as well as physically draining,it can be mentally horrible, worrying at every ache . A saying I heard often at oncology was,it is what it is, stuck with me. Tell him to enjoy life and don't be a slave,or a survivor to cancer. My thoughts are with him👍🏻👍🏻

He's grand now HSG. Semi off-grid on a borders estate, unplugged from the rat-race, and marching to the beat of his own drum. Fair enough imo. The last panic came when he was feeling shite again, but it turned out to be lactose intollerance caused by the chemo having reset his system back to factory defaults. Convinced himself that oat milk is great because it makes everything taste like porridge, and all is rosy again. :) Cracking crop of wee pointy mushrooms round his manor provides an almost daily bonus for much of the year.

All the best to you too, bud. At least your sense of humour seems to have emerged unscathed. :) 👍

Edited by il Duce McTarkin

henrysmithsgloves
55 minutes ago, il Duce McTarkin said:

He's grand now HSG. Semi off-grid on a borders estate, unplugged from the rat-race, and marching to the beat of his own drum. Fair enough imo. The last panic came when he was feeling shite again, but it turned out to be lactose intollerance caused by the chemo having reset his system back to factory defaults. Convinced himself that oat milk is great because it makes everything taste like porridge, and all is rosy again. :) Cracking crop of wee pointy mushrooms round his manor provides an almost daily bonus for much of the year.

All the best to you too, bud. At least your sense of humour seems to have emerged unscathed. :) 👍

Got to have a good sense of humour following the jam tarts brother 😆.. peace out😉