Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

JudyJudyJudy
4 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Lol. Is that supposed to be news :lol:

Some people caught covid when mingling with 200,000 other people over a number of days.

Who would believe it :cornette:

And looks who on STV news ! Yes Sturgeon stooge number 3 Linda Bauld ! Aye bolt ! 

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lord Montpelier
1 minute ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

And looks who on STV news ! Yes Sturgeon stooge number 3 Linda Bauld ! Aye bolt ! 

She still trying to appear relevant ? Must have a book deal in the making. 

JudyJudyJudy
3 minutes ago, Lord Montpelier said:

Yep no deaths and 16 in icu ! 

Yeah that's hardly news.  

There's a wave going on and it would be going on with or without things like Glastonbury.  These mass events make no practical difference.

In more news... this wave will come and go.  Then there will be a trough.  Then another wave.  

Lord Montpelier
2 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Yep no deaths and 16 in icu ! 

Managed to catch it myself a few weeks back. Mild flu.  Kids had it as well , fine. So pleased didn't stick a jab in them at this point anyway. 

Салатные палочки
11 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

What a loaded interview. 

"So should we be preparing for the return of restrictions?" she asked with a big smile on her face. 

JudyJudyJudy
40 minutes ago, Lord Montpelier said:

True 

28 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

What a loaded interview. 

"So should we be preparing for the return of restrictions?" she asked with a big smile on her face. 

Yes . Scare mongering as usual from SNPTV . Will anyone actually comply after all the West minster breaches ? Hope not if it happens . Can’t see any restrictions coming in . Good . 

JudyJudyJudy
34 minutes ago, Lord Montpelier said:

Managed to catch it myself a few weeks back. Mild flu.  Kids had it as well , fine. So pleased didn't stick a jab in them at this point anyway. 

Good and wise parenting . 

Jambo-Jimbo
53 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

What a loaded interview. 

In 20 years time, when we are on the 178th variant and the 30,000th covid wave, there will still be some who will want restrictions brought back in.

Nucky Thompson
1 hour ago, Salad Fingers said:

What a loaded interview. 

It was the same on BBC national news and to be fair, the guy said that there would be no appetite for restrictions from the public and they wouldn't be needed.

It's like the media are trying to stir up another covid frenzy 

Jambo-Jimbo
1 hour ago, Nucky Thompson said:

It was the same on BBC national news and to be fair, the guy said that there would be no appetite for restrictions from the public and they wouldn't be needed.

It's like the media are trying to stir up another covid frenzy 

Of course they are, monkeypox isn't the deadly pox from hell they hoped it would turn out to be, it doesn't look like there will be a nuclear war over Ukraine, the cost of living crisis hasn't really bit yet, so all they have to try and scare the shit out of the public is the old favorite covid.

Dr. Deepti was on sky news a short time ago, christ she's still banging on about everybody needs to wear a mask, however she's now saying only the high grade masks are any good.

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
3 hours ago, Victorian said:

Yeah that's hardly news.  

There's a wave going on and it would be going on with or without things like Glastonbury.  These mass events make no practical difference.

In more news... this wave will come and go.  Then there will be a trough.  Then another wave.  

“but but but” Cheltenham 

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
27 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

everybody needs to wear a mask, however she's now saying only the high grade masks are any good.

“The science” in the face of much questioning advised that a piece of tissue paper or football scarf or any old cloth rag was what was required to save the lives of others so we’re surely not buying this high-grade mask stuff 😡

• 2 weeks later...

Sore eyeballs aching joints ,sweaty, muscle pains ,and general feeling like shit.

Couldn't make work .

Took the test and I've got it.

All jagged up as well.Also feeling it worryingly in my heart area.

Anyone else with these symptoms and anyone an idea which strain it's likely to be.

This covid virus seems quite astute at getting itself about.

JudyJudyJudy
28 minutes ago, Ked said:

Sore eyeballs aching joints ,sweaty, muscle pains ,and general feeling like shit.

Couldn't make work .

Anyone else with these symptoms and anyone an idea which strain it's likely to be.

Oh no sorry to hear this . I had it jan but was very mild . Mainly sore throat . Keep eye on your breathing and temp . Get well soon 

Jambo-Jimbo
31 minutes ago, Ked said:

Couldn't make work .

Had the same symptoms apart from the sore eyeballs a month ago, had the cough as well.  Within a couple of days most of the symptoms I had were gone, except from the bark and a heavyness in my chest with some breathlessness, oh and the tiredness.

A month in and still have a bit of a bark, but feel fine otherwise, fully vaxxed which was probably a good thing as I dread to think how much worse it could have been if I were not fully vaxxed.

As for the strain, more than likely one of the new Omicron variants, BA.4 or BA.5 most likely.

Jeffros Furios
35 minutes ago, Ked said:

Couldn't make work .

I feel like that every day ! 

57 minutes ago, Ked said:

Couldn't make work .

If you were a train driver you could have had 6 months off on full pay 👍

55 minutes ago, Ked said:

Couldn't make work .

I got it about 2 weeks ago.  Tested after some extreme upper respiratory tract mayhem.  Never had any other symptoms and tested negative 5 days on.  It's only after that point that I ended up with a persistent cough.  Clearing out a fair bit of phlegm out of further down.  Still quite stuffy in the hooter anaw.

Seemingly there's a UK licenced special vaccine with pre-developed antibodies that was designed for the immuno-suppressed who either cannot tolerate the main vaccines or who acquired no immune response to them.  It could be of huge value to the thousands of people who are still having to go to extreme shielding measures.  It hasn't been made available.

So much for the world beating,  got all the big calls right,  UK pandemic response.

The Real Maroonblood
13 minutes ago, theshed said:

:laugh2:

JudyJudyJudy
49 minutes ago, Jeffros Furios said:

I feel like that every day ! 

Never ! 

1 hour ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Oh no sorry to hear this . I had it jan but was very mild . Mainly sore throat . Keep eye on your breathing and temp . Get well soon 

Thanks judy

JudyJudyJudy
Just now, Ked said:

Thanks judy

Just now, Ked said:

Thanks judy

Nae bother Ked. 

1 hour ago, theshed said:

😄

I'd make sure I went in to work to give it to all the *******s who slept with my wife

Nucky Thompson
1 hour ago, Ked said:

Couldn't make work .

The chest pain could be down to panic if you're a worrier.

It will pass soon enough.

I think it's omicron BA.5 that's the main strain just now.

I was at one of my customers this morning, he's just had Covid, but he's in his '80's and takes daily oxygen for his asbestosis.

He looks like shit, but didn't need hospital treatment.

It would have killed him 2 years ago for sure

2 hours ago, Ked said:

Couldn't make work .

I finally caught it last month and had around 3 days of feeling similar to that. Fluctuating temperature, muscle pains, zero energy and unable to get a decent sleep. Once the fever passed I had a mild cough that lingered for another week or so, and it took a fortnight for my energy levels to return to normal, but otherwise I was fine. I was still testing positive on day 9.

JudyJudyJudy
3 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Good point. 

1 hour ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Had the same symptoms apart from the sore eyeballs a month ago, had the cough as well.  Within a couple of days most of the symptoms I had were gone, except from the bark and a heavyness in my chest with some breathlessness, oh and the tiredness.

A month in and still have a bit of a bark, but feel fine otherwise, fully vaxxed which was probably a good thing as I dread to think how much worse it could have been if I were not fully vaxxed.

As for the strain, more than likely one of the new Omicron variants, BA.4 or BA.5 most likely.

1 hour ago, Victorian said:

I got it about 2 weeks ago.  Tested after some extreme upper respiratory tract mayhem.  Never had any other symptoms and tested negative 5 days on.  It's only after that point that I ended up with a persistent cough.  Clearing out a fair bit of phlegm out of further down.  Still quite stuffy in the hooter anaw.

No coughing for  me but I am floored with it.Hopefully pass soon .

I once had the flu which did me for a fortnight so I'm guessing being vaccinated has helped.

Not liking the chest stuff I've got to asmit

5 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

It will pass soon enough.

I think it's omicron BA.5 that's the main strain just now.

I was at one of my customers this morning, he's just had Covid, but he's in his '80's and takes daily oxygen for his asbestosis.

He looks like shit, but didn't need hospital treatment.

It would have killed him 2 years ago for sure

I wouldn't class myself as a worrier but I do find it a bit worrying

😄

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, Ked said:

I know its corny but try breathing in and out slowly and try to relax. Get your pulse down.

4 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

I finally caught it last month and had around 3 days of feeling similar to that. Fluctuating temperature, muscle pains, zero energy and unable to get a decent sleep. Once the fever passed I had a mild cough that lingered for another week or so, and it took a fortnight for my energy levels to return to normal, but otherwise I was fine. I was still testing positive on day 9.

Aye definite lack of energy .

2 minutes ago, Ked said:

No coughing for  me but I am floored with it.Hopefully pass soon .

I once had the flu which did me for a fortnight so I'm guessing being vaccinated has helped.

Paracetamol,  plenty water,  fresh air (as much as is possible),  try to build up your immune system with some hearty soups and fresh fruit and veg.

1 minute ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

I know its corny but try breathing in and out slowly and try to relax. Get your pulse down.

Thanks mate honestly though I'm not panicked .I put it down to the virus moving round different muscles as sometimes it's my legs then arms shoulder back etc.

The Real Maroonblood
6 minutes ago, Ked said:

I wouldn't class myself as a worrier but I do find it a bit worrying

😄

Get well soon.

JudyJudyJudy
3 minutes ago, Ked said:

Thanks mate honestly though I'm not panicked .I put it down to the virus moving round different muscles as sometimes it's my legs then arms shoulder back etc.

Yes that’s probably happening . 

Just now, Victorian said:

Paracetamol,  plenty water,  fresh air (as much as is possible),  try to build up your immune system with some hearty soups and fresh fruit and veg.

Good man.

Following that as we post my girls just made a big pot.

Also find ibuprofen helps with the muscle pain.

And the dug needs walked .

I'm pretty fit for my age and my partner has it too so won't get accused of man flu as she's done more groaning than me.

😀

JudyJudyJudy

Pam Shriver on twitter saying she has covid but only has “ mild “ symptoms and is “ thank full she had the vaccine “ 

9DEA456D-9A77-48FA-B4D0-E326C817474B.jpeg

Jambo-Jimbo
44 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Pam Shriver on twitter saying she has covid but only has “ mild “ symptoms and is “ thank full she had the vaccine “ 

9DEA456D-9A77-48FA-B4D0-E326C817474B.jpeg

And she's probably right as well.

Footballfirst

Tories now seeking to restrict disclosures to the Covid public inquiry.  They are shameless.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-07-13/uk-government-seeks-to-block-disclosures-to-the-covid-inquiry

UK Government Seeks to Block Disclosures to the Covid Inquiry
Top government lawyer warns ministers may be sued for damages
Officials are already marking evidence that should be withheld

The UK government is trying to block disclosures to the inquiry investigating its handling of the Covid-19 pandemic, according to people with knowledge of the discussions.

Officials have asked the government’s top lawyer, Sir James Eadie QC, to assess how much information the administration has to provide to the inquiry about its policy discussions during the pandemic, the people said. 

Eadie, who is responsible for advising the government on issues of the highest national importance, has advised the Cabinet to limit the scope of information provided to the inquiry and warned ministers they are likely to face vast claims for damages from families of Covid victims. 

The issue raises questions for Conservative leadership candidates including former chancellor, Rishi Sunak, who designed the controversial ‘Eat Out to Help Out’ scheme and argued against stronger Covid measures. A spokeswoman for Sunak declined to comment on whether he would follow Eadie’s legal advice or permit full disclosures to the inquiry should he become prime minister. A spokeswoman for Eadie declined to comment on his behalf. 

The Cabinet Office said it was that the government was not blocking disclosures because of concerns about payouts to victims. It declined to comment on the specifics or the existence of any legal advice.

Johnson’s administration has faced intense criticism over its handling of the pandemic, from the initial decision not to impose restrictions in March 2020, to the 37 billion-pound ($44 billion) test-and-trace system which proved ineffective and the delay of the second lockdown in winter 2020. Victims’ families have argued that those decisions cost thousands of lives.

The Covid inquiry is formally under way after Prime Minister Boris Johnson set its terms of reference at the end of June. It will investigate the government’s preparedness, public health and economic response to the pandemic, and take evidence in public next year from key witnesses including ministers, scientific advisers and officials. The inquiry is likely to become a major issue for any future prime minister ahead of the next general election.

Following the advice, the government is considering issuing a restriction notice that would block the release of information that could fall under the remit of Cabinet collective responsibility.

This would mean ministers could argue that some internal documents detailing private discussions on key decisions such as lockdown restrictions should not be disclosed, because ministers have a right to confidentiality when deliberating on government policy.

The Mighty Thor

The 200,000 death milestone has been passed according to the ONS. 

Spaffer got all the big calls right 👍 

8 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Some on here called it sniffles as well. Cretins.

8 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Just now, Costanza said:

Managed to avoid for two and a half years but it has got me in the end.

Floored ! Every symptom you can name. Nasty, nasty bug !

I’m glad of the 3 jabs as I’m not playing roulette with this ****er ! Will take my fourth when it comes round.

5 minutes ago, Boab said:

Managed to avoid for two and a half years but it has got me in the end.

Floored ! Every symptom you can name. Nasty, nasty bug !

I’m glad of the 3 jabs as I’m not playing roulette with this ****er ! Will take my fourth when it comes round.

Sorry to hear that, hope you get better soon.

It's rampant at the moment again.

I was lucky and only had brain fog for a couple of days,  not that anyone noticed.

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )