Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Woopee Doo

Ken. I'm shaking in my boots....not. 

5 hours ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Numbers going up in Scotland 

Surprising given hardly anybody tests anymore so I’d say as a population we are living with it like the flu just fine now.

saw the dentist on tv the other day spouting his usual guff.  He must of felt like a million dollars having a wee 2 minutes of fame again

Tommy Brown

Certainly still hear of work colleagues having to stay at home or work from home as testing positive.

But I would imagine figures now get a bit more skewed as less testing is done.

Edit.

Was given my 4th jab a couple of weeks back. 1/2 dose of Moderna.

Edited by Tommy Brown

My daughter is a nurse and she's just tested positive for the 2nd time, along with 6 others in her area. Seems to be coming back with a vengeance but, hopefully, far less severe than before. 

Unknown user
On 20/05/2022 at 09:12, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Without a doubt.

I don't have the luxury of perfect/good health, therefore anything which could improve my odds if I caught covid or the flu or pneumonia or whatever else which could have a serious detrimental effect on me because of my health,then I'll take it.

Same. I just had my 4th jab, what good reason is there not to?

Unknown user
44 minutes ago, escobri said:

Screenshot_20220613-075715_Twitter.jpg

Funnily enough I've never fully recovered from Bell's palsy, absolutely eff all to do with a jab though.

Nicola Sturgeon’s advisor warns about new Covid variant spreading in America

Health expert, Professor Devi Sridhar, has warned that there will be more deaths this winter due to another wave of Covid if the NHS does not have the appropriate resources

Professor Devi Sridhar.
Professor Devi Sridhar.

One of Nicola Sturgeon’s top advisors has warned that a new Covid variant found in America could potentially lead to more deaths this winter, and overworked health care workers, unless the NHS gets the support it needs.

Prof Devi Sridhar, global public health professor at the University of Edinburgh warned there could be a new wave coming and that herd immunity will not work with Covid - meaning there will be more strains in the future.

The advisor to the First Minister explained that a spike in infections is the general pattern of Covid, but that the UK could beat the virus if we 'act wisely.'

READ MORE: Heartbreak as Edinburgh soldier killed after joining the fight in Ukraine

The health expert also warned that there will be more deaths this winter during another wave of Covid if the NHS does not have the appropriate resources.

Professor Devi Sridhar, wrote in the Observer: "As we move into summer, more than two years since the outbreak of the Covid-19 pandemic, the words 'new wave' are probably the last thing anyone wants to hear.

"Yet it is true that recent UK data (as well as data from Florida and other places) indicates that sublineages of the Omicron variant, BA.4 and BA.5, are kicking off a new wave of cases. 

"After all, these variations on Omicron are not more severe, but they do have the capacity to reinfect people, even those who have had a previous version of Omicron. 

"This is further evidence that reaching “herd immunity” (where enough people are vaccinated or infected to stop further circulation) against Covid-19 is probably impossible.: 

"Looking over the past two years, and across different places, a wave of Covid-19 cases every three months seems to be the pattern."

The same bams going on and on, I see. Obsessed. But keep telling everyone that covid is gone,  wasn't  dangerous and should be treated like the flu. And we'll all get on with our lives, doing what needs to be done.

Mods, you should close this thread, until it needs reopening. Save the deniers from themselves.

Edited by ri Alban

JudyJudyJudy
5 minutes ago, Imaman said:

Nicola Sturgeon’s advisor warns about new Covid variant spreading in America

Health expert, Professor Devi Sridhar, has warned that there will be more deaths this winter due to another wave of Covid if the NHS does not have the appropriate resources

Professor Devi Sridhar.
Professor Devi Sridhar.

One of Nicola Sturgeon’s top advisors has warned that a new Covid variant found in America could potentially lead to more deaths this winter, and overworked health care workers, unless the NHS gets the support it needs.

Prof Devi Sridhar, global public health professor at the University of Edinburgh warned there could be a new wave coming and that herd immunity will not work with Covid - meaning there will be more strains in the future.

The advisor to the First Minister explained that a spike in infections is the general pattern of Covid, but that the UK could beat the virus if we 'act wisely.'

READ MORE: Heartbreak as Edinburgh soldier killed after joining the fight in Ukraine

The health expert also warned that there will be more deaths this winter during another wave of Covid if the NHS does not have the appropriate resources.

Professor Devi Sridhar, wrote in the Observer: "As we move into summer, more than two years since the outbreak of the Covid-19 pandemic, the words 'new wave' are probably the last thing anyone wants to hear.

"Yet it is true that recent UK data (as well as data from Florida and other places) indicates that sublineages of the Omicron variant, BA.4 and BA.5, are kicking off a new wave of cases. 

"After all, these variations on Omicron are not more severe, but they do have the capacity to reinfect people, even those who have had a previous version of Omicron. 

"This is further evidence that reaching “herd immunity” (where enough people are vaccinated or infected to stop further circulation) against Covid-19 is probably impossible.: 

"Looking over the past two years, and across different places, a wave of Covid-19 cases every three months seems to be the pattern."

Wow more deaths in the winter ? No shit Sherlock 

6 hours ago, Smithee said:

Funnily enough I've never fully recovered from Bell's palsy, absolutely eff all to do with a jab though.

Bit shit m8, always thought it was like a temporary condition. Just seen it can come on after a tooth extraction 😱

JudyJudyJudy
37 minutes ago, escobri said:

Bit shit m8, always thought it was like a temporary condition. Just seen it can come on after a tooth extraction 😱

Yes I assumed it was temporary too . Sorry to hear that . 

JudyJudyJudy
37 minutes ago, escobri said:

Unknown user
1 hour ago, escobri said:

1 hour ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Thank you, it's no biggie, you wouldn't know if you weren't looking for it, a slightly lopsided grin is all really.

The cause is temporary but damage to the facial nerve can be permanent, it has to repair itself. I had to go through speech therapy to keep it stimulated and strengthen the muscles again.

The weirdest thing was not being able to close your eye so you have to put gel on your eyeball (eugh) for lubrication and wear a lens as you can't blink to keep stuff out.

At night, the look was completed by an eye patch for sleep. 

Like I say, no biggie, although I also got a complication called crocodile tear syndrome - the facial nerve branched into the wrong bit when growing back so whenever I eat, not only is saliva produced, I also cry out of my right eye. Lovely!

Cheers again though 👍

Edited by Smithee

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, Smithee said:

Thank you, it's no biggie, you wouldn't know if you weren't looking for it, a slightly lopsided grin is all really.

The cause is temporary but damage to the facial nerve can be permanent, it has to repair itself. I had to go through speech therapy to keep it stimulated and strengthen the muscles again.

The weirdest thing was not being able to close your eye so you have to put gel on your eyeball (eugh) for lubrication and wear a lens as you can't blink to keep stuff out.

Like I say, no biggie, although I also got a complication called crocodile tear syndrome - the facial nerve branched into the wrong bit when growing back so whenever I eat, not only is saliva produced, I also cry out of my right eye. Lovely!

Cheers again though 👍

👍

Nucky Thompson
8 hours ago, ri Alban said:

The same bams going on and on, I see. Obsessed. But keep telling everyone that covid is gone,  wasn't  dangerous and should be treated like the flu. And we'll all get on with our lives, doing what needs to be done.

Mods, you should close this thread, until it needs reopening. Save the deniers from themselves.

Who the feck are you ranting about now :lol:

Konrad von Carstein
4 hours ago, Smithee said:

Cheers again though 👍

I had one of my saliva glands removed & during the recovery I had the eye thing and (still have slight) numbness on the left side of my face, pre Op I was advised that my facial nerves could be damaged thankfully everything settled down in a few weeks... The biggest pain in the arse (face :lol:) is if I'm eating something sharp,  spicy or sour, saliva leaks out the side of my face (not as dramatic or icky as it might seem, you'd never know even if you were sat next to me)

Unknown user
1 minute ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

I had one of my saliva glands removed & during the recovery I had the eye thing and (still have slight) numbness on the left side of my face, pre Op I was advised that my facial nerves could be damaged thankfully everything settled down in a few weeks... The biggest pain in the arse (face :lol:) is if I'm eating something sharp,  spicy or sour, saliva leaks out the side of my face (not as dramatic or icky as it might seem, you'd never know even if you were sat next to me)

:laugh: I had a parotidectomy last year, I've not long stopped drooling out my neck myself, I hear you

Konrad von Carstein
4 minutes ago, Smithee said:

:laugh: I had a parotidectomy last year, I've not long stopped drooling out my neck myself, I hear you

:lol:

The other thing that resulted from the op is that I get a very dry mouth if stressed, following Hearts the past few years wasn't fun in that regard. :lol:

THE EU DIGITAL COVID CERTIFICATE FOR TRAVEL IS STAYING FOR ANOTHER YEAR

6/15/22, 5:22 PM   By Canarian Weekly   Health

The European Parliament and the EU member states have reached a deal to keep the EU Digital Covid Certificate active for another year until June 2023. The scheme was set to expire on June 30th, however, the EU authorities decided to extend its use by a year to ensure that EU citizens have the right to free movement in case there is a new variant or outbreak of coronavirus. 

The EU Council said that the extension of this regulation would ensure that EU travellers, and those from third countries that are connected to the system, can continue using the Certificate for travel to Member State countries where they are required for proof of vaccination, test results, or recovery from Covid.

They also agreed to submit a detailed epidemiological report by December 31st of this year, with proposals to allow for the assessment of the need to repeal or maintain the certificate, depending on the health situation at that moment in time.

The agreement also sees a few updates and changes, which include:
- All vaccination certificates should now reflect all doses administered, regardless of the member states where an individual received their vaccination.

- The possibility of issuing a recovery certificate following an antigen test; and to increase the range of authorised antigen tests used to qualify for a Covid certificate.

- Allowing vaccination certificates to be issued to people that participate in clinical trials.

The decision to extend the EU Digital Covid Certificate by one year has been welcomed by the EU Commission. The Commissioner for Justice, Didier Reynders, said that with over 1.8 billion certificates issued, it is clear that the epidemiological situation can change at any time that the EU Digital Covid Certificate has been a key instrument in helping through the changing tides.

He emphasised that the EU authorities are committed to a return to restriction-free movement and welcome the decision of some Member States to lift all travel restrictions. However, it has been noted that the new deal will help the EU to facilitate free and safe travel even more.

Will be getting our 4th vaccine 

The Minister of Health for Spain, Carolina Darias, announced today (Thursday) that there will be a fourth dose of vaccines against Covid-19 for the entire population, and not only for those over 80 years of age, as was being previously studied.

The Public Health Commission has made this decision and has set the time for inoculations to start in the autumn, as new vaccines are expected that will deal with new variants of coronavirus. 

This announcement comes at a time when Covid cases remain at low levels compared to other stages of the pandemic, and with an incidence rate in those over 60 years old of 590, which is nothing compared to the 3,400 at Christmas. 

In addition, occupancy of hospitals with Covid patients “is tremendously stable”, said Darias, staying around 5% even though the BA.4 and BA.5 omicron variants have gained ground in the last few weeks. 

Darias emphasized that this success is thanks to the vaccination campaign. In fact, the risk of hospitalization in those over 60 years of age was reduced by 63% in the first two months of 2022, and that of death by 57% thanks to the vaccines.

The Ministry of Health has been studying administering a fourth dose of Covid-19 vaccines beyond the three million Spaniards over 80 years of age or who live in nursing homes, since April. 

At that time, the Vaccine Report indicated that the second booster shot was going to start being administered in May, but now it is known that it will be from autumn and to the entire population, which is several million more people. 

As of now, 350,000 immunosuppressed people (people who have received transplants, are being treated for cancer, or are over 40 with Down syndrome) have already received their fourth vaccine.

manaliveits105

latest figures 
1 in 50 in England 

1 in 45 in Wales and NI

1 in 30 in Scotland 

wheres chief mammy ? 

Ron Burgundy

My company are looking to start forcing us back in the office. Hopefully another variant on the horizon.

5 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

latest figures 
1 in 50 in England 

1 in 45 in Wales and NI

1 in 30 in Scotland 

wheres chief mammy ? 

You wanting restrictions brought back in?

Wave(s) are coming and will keep coming.  They reckon it's showing a cyclical pattern of behaviour.  

For very complicated and interesting reasons,  the boffins say it's almost impossible to forecast where waves will occur,  how large they are and how prolonged.  All to do with a mind bending relationship between different variants,  vaccinations,  prior waves of different variants.  

JudyJudyJudy
20 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

latest figures 
1 in 50 in England 

1 in 45 in Wales and NI

1 in 30 in Scotland 

wheres chief mammy ? 

Shes on a new virtue signalling path.,. Ukraine and also trying to host to get Glasgow to host Eurovision next year.  Think i prefer both these to her getting her neb into covid again. 

On 13/06/2022 at 16:57, Smithee said:

Cheers again though 👍

Sounds brutal in all honesty. Recover well and soon. 

My sons caught it viva work and it’s making him feel dreadful. He says it’s like a bad cold. He has been jabbed but no booster 🤷🏼‍♂️
he is separated from his wife and has two kids but she is insisting on still sending them to him this weekend. The youngest has asthma so I’m not well please to say the least in fact I’m livid but I don’t interfere in their relationship or set up as I know I would loose it big time. 

Edited by Imaman

Unknown user
1 hour ago, Ray Gin said:

You wanting restrictions brought back in?

Maybe he wants to see her on TV more often with updates?

Lord Montpelier
1 minute ago, Smithee said:

Maybe he wants to see her on TV more often with updates?

We need to see more of Empress Sturgeon on the TV telling everyone what to do, in my opinion. 

1 hour ago, Victorian said:

Wave(s) are coming and will keep coming.  They reckon it's showing a cyclical pattern of behaviour.  

For very complicated and interesting reasons,  the boffins say it's almost impossible to forecast where waves will occur,  how large they are and how prolonged.  All to do with a mind bending relationship between different variants,  vaccinations,  prior waves of different variants.  

I'll go for a 3 week spike.

3 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

latest figures 
1 in 50 in England 

1 in 45 in Wales and NI

1 in 30 in Scotland 

wheres chief mammy ? 

Not bad excuse to delay next year's referendum though. No laughing now.

Obviously Sturgeon's plan was wrong and she should have followed Boris :vrface:

Remember she and her personal trainer said they were going to eliminate it :rofl:

5 minutes ago, pablo said:

Not bad excuse to delay next year's referendum though. No laughing now.

Obviously Sturgeon's plan was wrong and she should have followed Boris :vrface:

Remember she and her personal trainer said they were going to eliminate it :rofl:

We have the same restrictions as England.

Cairneyhill Jambo
On 15/06/2022 at 22:01, Imaman said:

THE EU DIGITAL COVID CERTIFICATE FOR TRAVEL IS STAYING FOR ANOTHER YEAR

6/15/22, 5:22 PM   By Canarian Weekly   Health

The European Parliament and the EU member states have reached a deal to keep the EU Digital Covid Certificate active for another year until June 2023. The scheme was set to expire on June 30th, however, the EU authorities decided to extend its use by a year to ensure that EU citizens have the right to free movement in case there is a new variant or outbreak of coronavirus. 

The EU Council said that the extension of this regulation would ensure that EU travellers, and those from third countries that are connected to the system, can continue using the Certificate for travel to Member State countries where they are required for proof of vaccination, test results, or recovery from Covid.

They also agreed to submit a detailed epidemiological report by December 31st of this year, with proposals to allow for the assessment of the need to repeal or maintain the certificate, depending on the health situation at that moment in time.

The agreement also sees a few updates and changes, which include:
- All vaccination certificates should now reflect all doses administered, regardless of the member states where an individual received their vaccination.

- The possibility of issuing a recovery certificate following an antigen test; and to increase the range of authorised antigen tests used to qualify for a Covid certificate.

- Allowing vaccination certificates to be issued to people that participate in clinical trials.

The decision to extend the EU Digital Covid Certificate by one year has been welcomed by the EU Commission. The Commissioner for Justice, Didier Reynders, said that with over 1.8 billion certificates issued, it is clear that the epidemiological situation can change at any time that the EU Digital Covid Certificate has been a key instrument in helping through the changing tides.

He emphasised that the EU authorities are committed to a return to restriction-free movement and welcome the decision of some Member States to lift all travel restrictions. However, it has been noted that the new deal will help the EU to facilitate free and safe travel even more.

I arrived in Lanzarote last week and didn't have to show my covid vaccs. They may  be doing random checks though as there was a desk just after passport control. 

2 minutes ago, Cairneyhill Jambo said:

I arrived in Lanzarote last week and didn't have to show my covid vaccs. They may  be doing random checks though as there was a desk just after passport control. 

I’m in Tenerife I arrived on the 6th June and was ushered straight through to the passport control. Some people with QR code locator forms were having them scanned but I offered them my Covid pass and they just waved me through. 100s there at my arrival time so I think they just wanted us to get through asap. 

14 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Aye. And those numbers are now.

I know. Maybe should have kept up to speed with the pace of the English vaccinations and got people moving about more freely sooner.

Lord Montpelier

Am sure the eminent professor Devi Sridhar will be lining up another book deal off the back of news of a latest wave. 

Anyone know if Elsie still has her self awarded emergency powers?. They may be needed as well

1 minute ago, Lord Montpelier said:

Anyone know if Elsie still has her self awarded emergency powers?

Democratically awarded by Scottish Parliament.

2 minutes ago, Lord Montpelier said:

Am sure the eminent professor Devi Sridhar will be lining up another book deal off the back of news of a latest wave. 

Anyone know if Elsie still has her self awarded emergency powers?. They may be needed as well

Why bother ever holding the Scottish government to account for, well anything?

Not when there's an army of unicorn fornicators willing to turn a blind eye to anything that damages the cause.

7 minutes ago, pablo said:

I know. Maybe should have kept up to speed with the pace of the English vaccinations and got people moving about more freely sooner.

So if people had caught covid sooner we'd have lower numbers now. Great, but our hospitals are better placed to deal with higher numbers now than they were 4 months ago.

BTW our vaccination rollout was faster than England's.

Not that there was a significant difference between any of the home nations on that front.

Edited by Ray Gin

Lord Montpelier
15 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Democratically awarded by Scottish Parliament.

Does she still have them ?

JudyJudyJudy
47 minutes ago, Cairneyhill Jambo said:

Same in Italy, friend was in Rome , customs didn’t look at it at all 

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )