Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

Jambo-Jimbo
1 hour ago, frankblack said:

There is signs up on the dentist I passed.

My dentist has signs up as well.

GP no idea not been since March and hopefully not be back until March next year, unless GP's are doing the flu jabs this year.

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Flew from Edinburgh to Turkey tonight, no masks in sight in Edinburgh airport, none on the plane and none in Antalya airport.

It's over guys, let it go.

14 hours ago, graygo said:

Flew from Edinburgh to Turkey tonight, no masks in sight in Edinburgh airport, none on the plane and none in Antalya airport.

well that’s changed since I came back from Antalya on Tuesday, everyone on the flight without a mask was issued one and told to wear it

masks also still required on Eurowings flights from cologne today

Jambo-Jimbo
Just now, Ribble said:

well that’s changed since I came back from Antalya on Tuesday, everyone on the flight without a mask was issued one and told to wear it

masks also still required on Eurowings flights from cologne today

That changes from Monday, no masks required on EU bound flights or EU airports.

frankblack
15 hours ago, graygo said:

I'm sure the NHS will be pleased to receive that information.  When did the virus disappear?  I have had numerous colleagues self-isolating from work.

Lord Montpelier
Just now, frankblack said:

I'm sure the NHS will be pleased to receive that information.  When did the virus disappear?  I have had numerous colleagues self-isolating from work.

It's over Frank. Live your life in peace and happiness 

frankblack
1 minute ago, Lord Montpelier said:

It's over Frank. Live your life in peace and happiness 

So my colleagues were imagining being very ill and testing positive?  Perhaps I should report them for skiving in that case. 🤔

Lord Montpelier
Just now, frankblack said:

So my colleagues were imagining being very ill and testing positive?  Perhaps I should report them for skiving in that case. 🤔

It's done buddy. People get unwell from lots of things all the time. 

frankblack
Just now, Lord Montpelier said:

It's done buddy. People get unwell from lots of things all the time. 

So you are another of the anti-vaxxers conspiracy nuts? You are so far out of touch is unbelievable if you actually believe the garbage you are posting.

The NHS is in meltdown and you think its done.

:cornette_dog:

Lord Montpelier
23 minutes ago, frankblack said:

So you are another of the anti-vaxxers conspiracy nuts? You are so far out of touch is unbelievable if you actually believe the garbage you are posting.

The NHS is in meltdown and you think its done.

:cornette_dog:

Fully vaccinated. It's the reason it's over. You sound like you are desperate for more furlough and lockdowns. 

The NHS is in meltdown due to years of mis management 

frankblack
4 minutes ago, Lord Montpelier said:

Fully vaccinated. It's the reason it's over. You sound like you are desperate for more furlough and lockdowns. 

Vaccinations are temporary and don't prevent transmission to vulnerable people.

I last had my vaccination in December and have heard **** all about getting another.  That means more and more people without vaccination boosters in the past 6 months.  Boris and Jimmy are proven liars if you believe a word they tell you.

4 minutes ago, Lord Montpelier said:

Not according to the news reports it isn't - its because Covid is still sapping its capacity to cope with expected demand in normal times.

Lord Montpelier
3 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Vaccinations are temporary and don't prevent transmission to vulnerable people.

I last had my vaccination in December and have heard **** all about getting another.  That means more and more people without vaccination boosters in the past 6 months.  Boris and Jimmy are proven liars if you believe a word they tell you.

Not according to the news reports it isn't - its because Covid is still sapping its capacity to cope with expected demand in normal times.

I wouldn't have another. Done with it now. Let nature take its course as has been the case over millennia. 

So what would you have us do ? I take it you are hiding away from humanity to protect the NHS ? If not by your logic, you should be. 

JudyJudyJudy
16 minutes ago, Lord Montpelier said:

The NHS has been in meltdown as far as i can remember . 

1 minute ago, Lord Montpelier said:

I wouldn't have another. Done with it now. Let nature take its course as has been the case over millennia. 

So what would you have us do ? I take it you are hiding away from humanity to protect the NHS ? If not by your logic, you should be. 

Well i spoke to a nurse about me getting the 4th booster as I have appointment in June. I had called her regarding another issue but we got on to this. She was practically begging me to get it. Almost like a salesperson. That in itself makes me suspicious. 

Lord Montpelier
26 minutes ago, jonesy said:

It's been over for months, m'Lord. Those of us with critical thinking abilities - your good self included, I'm sure - spotted the end of CV19 in early 2021. Since then it's been all about some of those in charge enjoying their prominence and visibility. Devi got her head above the parapet recently with her book, and I'm sure more (Whitty, etc) will follow.

The masks were just a part of the overall shitshow.

I do have some sympathy . Behavioural scientists have been all over this like a bad rash, messaging here, prompting there. All on the government payroll. 

The reactions we continue to see by some poor punters are simply a legacy from this national psychological conditioning.  

JudyJudyJudy
47 minutes ago, jonesy said:

It's been over for months, m'Lord. Those of us with critical thinking abilities - your good self included, I'm sure - spotted the end of CV19 in early 2021. Since then it's been all about some of those in charge enjoying their prominence and visibility. Devi got her head above the parapet recently with her book, and I'm sure more (Whitty, etc) will follow.

👌

18 minutes ago, Lord Montpelier said:

I do have some sympathy . Behavioural scientists have been all over this like a bad rash, messaging here, prompting there. All on the government payroll. 

The reactions we continue to see by some poor punters are simply a legacy from this national psychological conditioning.  

👍

16 hours ago, frankblack said:

Obviously I didn't mean the virus is over, but the restrictions that were put in place are pretty much over.

Jambo-Jimbo

Not every EU country has adopted the new change in rules concerning face masks on EU bound flights and airports, which was supposed to begin today.  Germany, Greece, Italy & Spain are keeping the rule, with Italy still requireing FFP2 or better masks to be worn, at least for another month until 15 June.   Of course I'd expect the situation could and quite probably will change in the coming days & weeks.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-61463794

On 14/05/2022 at 17:49, jonesy said:

Critical thinkers.

giphy.webp?cid=6c09b952d3bc4799615bd10a6

Nucky Thompson
27 minutes ago, Big Chae said:

Frontline NHS staff here. It's busy.

The end.

Isn't it always busy 

JudyJudyJudy
13 hours ago, Taffin said:

People still test?!?

I took a test last night as Ive had a lot of headaches lately and sore ears. It was negative. I didnt think it was covid related but just thought id rule it out. 

Harry Potter
8 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

I took a test last night as Ive had a lot of headaches lately and sore ears. It was negative. I didnt think it was covid related but just thought id rule it out. 

Better knowing so you can isolate from other folk, glad your ok James.

JudyJudyJudy
4 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Better knowing so you can isolate from other folk, glad your ok James.

Still got the headaches etc so waiting on call back from Dr who is working from home !!! How the deck can a Dr work from home ????

Jamstomorrow

I wore my 'lucky' Hearts face mask to matches at Tynie and at the semi at Hampden.   I did not wear it against the Rankgers last weekend and look what happened!   

I shall wear at it the cup final.   Hopefully it will work its magic.

HHGH.

31 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Fair play. I used all of mine up long ago, and won't be buying replacements.

I hate getting sore ears, hopefully it passes quickly 👍

JudyJudyJudy
5 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Fair play. I used all of mine up long ago, and won't be buying replacements.

I hate getting sore ears, hopefully it passes quickly 👍

Yes tried everything with it.  Olive Oil . sprays sinus spray up my beak . The lot. I have had sinus issues for years so could be related to that but its always hard to locate where the pain is actually from. Is is a headache causing the ears to be sore or are the sore ears causing the headache ? Or is it something else...?  Still not moving. Thanks anyway.

JudyJudyJudy

Awe naw look who’s back spreading doom and gloom . I couldn’t give a monkeys what’s she says 

https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/news/edinburgh-news/nicola-sturgeon-advisor-gives-concerning-23977953?fbclid=IwAR2YQ27XVgWPayy6eo1PT09Yprv6uKU7yk_QTfNvAIZ1Mj_KZJb-44XkJFE

Edited by JamesM48

SuperstarSteve

North Korea are lucky that they caught it this late rather than earlier on as the virus was deadlier at the start from my recollection. 

10 minutes ago, SuperstarSteve said:

North Korea are lucky that they caught it this late rather than earlier on as the virus was deadlier at the start from my recollection. 

Not really.  Recent opinion is that there's no practical reduction in virulence / pathogenicity from the Wuhan strain to current strains.  

13 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Not really.  Recent opinion is that there's no practical reduction in virulence / pathogenicity from the Wuhan strain to current strains.  

Correct. 

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/new-study-finds-omicron-no-less-severe-than-earlier-variants-and-not-just-more-transmissible-11651847345

“Although the unadjusted rates of hospital admission and mortality appeared to be higher in previous waves compared to the Omicron period, after adjusting for confounders including various demographics, Charlson comorbidity index scores, and vaccination status (and holding the healthcare utilization constant), we found that the risks of hospitalization and mortality were nearly identical between periods,” the authors wrote.

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, escobri said:

New anthem for the sleeves up brigade.

Americas got NAE talent. Absolutely awful. More saccharine than the Waltons and the VON Trapp children put together. 

Jambo-Jimbo
1 hour ago, SuperstarSteve said:

With a population that is something like 99% unvaccinated then any strain is going to rip through the population and kill many.

Add on the fact that most of the population is malnourished a lot of the time and their health care system is only for the ruling elite, then even young people's ability to fight off disease has to be reduced.

Just now, Jambo-Jimbo said:

With a population that is something like 99% unvaccinated then any strain is going to rip through the population and kill many.

Add on the fact that most of the population is malnourished a lot of the time and their health care system is only for the ruling elite, then even young people's ability to fight off disease has to be reduced.

No many obese then so they might be alright.

Jambo-Jimbo
1 minute ago, escobri said:

But plenty of elderly and unhealthy people due to the lack of even basic health care.

1 hour ago, JamesM48 said:

Yes tried everything with it.  Olive Oil . sprays sinus spray up my beak . The lot. I have had sinus issues for years so could be related to that but its always hard to locate where the pain is actually from. Is is a headache causing the ears to be sore or are the sore ears causing the headache ? Or is it something else...?  Still not moving. Thanks anyway.

A pal of mine had that last week

God rest his soul.

JudyJudyJudy
42 minutes ago, cheetah said:

A pal of mine had that last week

God rest his soul.

5ECDF32E-F0D6-4FA5-A9AB-E3B7230D4364.gif

I wonder if he'll attribute loads of deaths of his malnourished population to Covid. Might be a good way for him to mask other issues.

The Real Maroonblood
3 minutes ago, Taffin said:

I wonder if he'll attribute loads of deaths of his malnourished population to Covid. Might be a good way for him to mask other issues.

That sounds like a Johnson tactic.

3 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

That sounds like a Johnson tactic.

It does. He's certainly been shown the blueprint by the West, just replace obesity with malnourishment.

Edited by Taffin

The Real Maroonblood
5 minutes ago, Taffin said:

It does. He's certainly been shown the blueprint by the West, just replace obesity with malnourishment.

Exactly.

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, escobri said:

Yes the great taboo of covid and it’s links to deaths . 

1 hour ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Would providing vaccines to NK be thwarted by current sanctions? I assume they could administer them via their army if they don't have a high number of medical staff.

Even Sinovax would be better than nothing, even despite it's reported reduced efficacy compared to most of the vaccines available. 

Jambo-Jimbo
2 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

Would providing vaccines to NK be thwarted by current sanctions? I assume they could administer them via their army if they don't have a high number of medical staff.

Even Sinovax would be better than nothing, even despite it's reported reduced efficacy compared to most of the vaccines available. 

I don't think so if it's on humanitarian grounds, which the situation clearly is.

I think the bigger problem would be Kim himself, as he'd lose face with his own people if he asked for outside help, especially from America or Europe.

JudyJudyJudy
On 13/05/2022 at 17:17, frankblack said:

There is signs up on the dentist I passed.

On 13/05/2022 at 19:13, Jambo-Jimbo said:

My dentist has signs up as well.

GP no idea not been since March and hopefully not be back until March next year, unless GP's are doing the flu jabs this year.

I was at my surgery again today . Definitely no signs up regarding mask wearing at all . 

3 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

I don't think so if it's on humanitarian grounds, which the situation clearly is.

I think the bigger problem would be Kim himself, as he'd lose face with his own people if he asked for outside help, especially from America or Europe.

They could be in for a really bad time. Presumably the country will have little to no existing immunity and almost no vaccinations (gonna guess the leaders and key staff are vaxxed). 

JudyJudyJudy
55 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Some daftie came into the dental surgery I was in this afternoon and said she didn't have a mask and could they give her one. If it was that big a deal, surely she'd still be carrying one about with her?

Aye def a daftie. . 

1 hour ago, jonesy said:

Some daftie came into the dental surgery I was in this afternoon and said she didn't have a mask and could they give her one. If it was that big a deal, surely she'd still be carrying one about with her?

Was the dentist/assistant.....masked? :duck:

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )