Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 24/04/2022 at 10:18, Tommy Brown said:

At the end of the day, I get irritated by some comments on here.

I have mentioned health issues.

To be blunt, Ive come through chemo and radiotherapy to full cancer surgery.

I want to feel safe, I will continue to wear a mask at public places/work and continue to exile myself from football matches.

I will miss my first final since birth in 62.

I see it as I go about, sanitizers ignored, nothing learned.

Exactly correct I am also a cancer survivor I took some pre cancer preventions and ignored others, I feel the same about Covid and masks some things are easy to do some things masks e.g a nuisance, but if it helps protect self and others what the hell, right, do it. Cancer yes stop smoking, I do I get colon cancer, lungs are fine, sometime in life I see we get what is planned, but it is no trouble to take some preventive actions.

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
47 minutes ago, escobri said:

So will the sniffles now be back to being the flu?

yup soon be getting called workshy if ur off with corona virus or being told to gtf if you want a bit of personal space in a restaurant

Office workers crammed in together like battery hens - dissenters heading down the disciplinary route

its all fine now it’s all legal  :)

Jambo_jim2001
11 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

I was at the hospital on Monday for yearly check up . I was speaking to my consultant and she was saying things are almost back to normal with the NHS. I did notice in the waiting room it was  " standing room only".  

I asked her about masks in hospital and she said she assumed they still have to wear them but there has been no diktat that they have to still wear them. 

She also reminded me that because Im immune suppressed ( meds and disease) then I and any others are entitled to certain drugs if I get covid again which are almost emergency drugs you can get within the first few days or having the virus again. I didn't know that. 

It was good to see the waiting room busy and actually seeing the consultant face to face after 3 years.  

My Mrs still has to wear a face cover at her hospital job" forth valley". You would think all hospitals would have the same criteria.

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

yup soon be getting called workshy if ur off with corona virus or being told to gtf if you want a bit of personal space in a restaurant

Office workers crammed in together like battery hens - dissenters heading down the disciplinary route

its all fine now it’s all legal  :)

I used to tell people to gtf if too near me in restaurants even before covid 😂

Nucky Thompson
11 hours ago, escobri said:

So will the sniffles now be back to being the flu?

When I tested positive for Covid, it was like the sniffles.

A few weeks ago I had the cold and I was floored for 3 days.

Coincidence, or down to the vaccine doing its job?

45 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

When I tested positive for Covid, it was like the sniffles.

A few weeks ago I had the cold and I was floored for 3 days.

Coincidence, or down to the vaccine doing its job?

Lowered immune systems due to these so called vaccines is a reality for some. I remember when they said the vaccines will stop you getting covid, It wasn't that long ago but the bullshit narrative has changed and all the people needlessly dead or injured for the sniffles are considered negligible and not news worthy.

Jambo-Jimbo
56 minutes ago, escobri said:

Lowered immune systems due to these so called vaccines is a reality for some. I remember when they said the vaccines will stop you getting covid, It wasn't that long ago but the bullshit narrative has changed and all the people needlessly dead or injured for the sniffles are considered negligible and not news worthy.

You've a better memory than me, as I can't remember ever hearing that the vaccines would stop you catching covid, I do seem to recall hearing in the very early days that they were hoping that the vaccines would prevent onwards transmission or at least cut the rate down, but they wouldn't know for sure until more test results came in.

I do recall them stating that the vaccines would help against serious illness from covid, in most cases.

38 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

You've a better memory than me, as I can't remember ever hearing that the vaccines would stop you catching covid, I do seem to recall hearing in the very early days that they were hoping that the vaccines would prevent onwards transmission or at least cut the rate down, but they wouldn't know for sure until more test results came in.

I do recall them stating that the vaccines would help against serious illness from covid, in most cases.

It's all on record, from the very top downwards, 

Screenshot_20220430-115026_Twitter.jpg

Nucky Thompson
1 minute ago, escobri said:

Regardless, I'm pretty sure the vaccine saved me from being seriously ill. That will do  for me.

Now pity they couldn't make a vaccine for the common cold 

On 29/04/2022 at 11:16, Nookie Bear said:

i know Devi and i'll be hammering her for that Piers Morgan quote :lol:

Do let her know that a few bods on a fitba forum know better than she does and will be releasing their own analysis on the pandemic in book form just as soon as the OCR machine has been upgraded to recognize crayon script. 

Jambo-Jimbo
12 minutes ago, escobri said:

Comments which were shown to be inaccurate within minutes of Biden saying them.

Facts First: Biden's second claim -- that vaccinated people are "not likely to get sick" -- was accurate. But the blanket promises in his first and third comments -- that vaccinated people are simply "not going to be hospitalized," "not going to die" and, even with the very contagious Delta variant, "not going to get Covid" -- were inaccurate.
Covid-19 vaccines are highly effective, and they sharply reduce the likelihood of infection, serious illness and death. However, contrary to Biden's categorical declarations, they do not guarantee that people will not get the virus or will not be hospitalized or die. Even vaccinated people on Biden's own staff have been infected. So have a senior aide to House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, multiple Democratic state legislators from Texas who have been in Washington, DC, this month; and various other high-profile people.

The US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention does not endorse the definitive language Biden did. The CDC notes on its website that "vaccine breakthrough cases will occur, even though the vaccines are working as expected" and "there will be a small percentage of fully vaccinated people who still get sick, are hospitalized or die from Covid-19."
Edited by Jambo-Jimbo

JudyJudyJudy
7 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

Do let her know that a few bods on a fitba forum know better than she does and will be releasing their own analysis on the pandemic in book form just as soon as the OCR machine has been upgraded to recognize crayon script. 

37A1A48A-E24C-4725-9330-5680D4668C1F.gif

4 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Comments which were shown to be inaccurate within minutes of Biden saying them.

Facts First: Biden's second claim -- that vaccinated people are "not likely to get sick" -- was accurate. But the blanket promises in his first and third comments -- that vaccinated people are simply "not going to be hospitalized," "not going to die" and, even with the very contagious Delta variant, "not going to get Covid" -- were inaccurate.
Covid-19 vaccines are highly effective, and they sharply reduce the likelihood of infection, serious illness and death. However, contrary to Biden's categorical declarations, they do not guarantee that people will not get the virus or will not be hospitalized or die. Even vaccinated people on Biden's own staff have been infected. So have a senior aide to House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, multiple Democratic state legislators from Texas who have been in Washington, DC, this month; and various other high-profile people.

The US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention does not endorse the definitive language Biden did. The CDC notes on its website that "vaccine breakthrough cases will occur, even though the vaccines are working as expected" and "there will be a small percentage of fully vaccinated people who still get sick, are hospitalized or die from Covid-19."

The example given was because you couldn't recall it being said, not for factual information regarding the vaccines. Many many more are quoted saying the same message.

Jambo-Jimbo
17 minutes ago, escobri said:

The example given was because you couldn't recall it being said, not for factual information regarding the vaccines. Many many more are quoted saying the same message.

Lots of people can say or claim what they like, but the only people who really matter or know for sure are the scientists who developed the vaccines, and as far as I'm aware, none of them have claimed the vaccine would prevent you from catching covid.

If they have, I've never heard it.

40 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

37A1A48A-E24C-4725-9330-5680D4668C1F.gif

It's not a picture book, so you're out. 

Edited by Gizmo

Unknown user
1 hour ago, escobri said:

Is there a reason you're focusing on that one time that one guy said it and not the thousands of times everyone said the opposite?

29 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Is there a reason you're focusing on that one time that one guy said it and not the thousands of times everyone said the opposite?

I gave one example as he couldn't recall it ever being said. This example was just to show it had been said, It also as it happens shows those at the top said it. That's it point over, done.

11 minutes ago, escobri said:

I gave one example as he couldn't recall it ever being said. This example was just to show it had been said, It also as it happens shows those at the top said it. That's it point over, done.

One person at the top, in a different country, who contradicted himself by later adding in the same speech that if you do catch it, it'll stop you getting seriously ill. He misspoke.

3 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

One person at the top, in a different country, who contradicted himself by later adding in the same speech that if you do catch it, it'll stop you getting seriously ill. He misspoke.

Yadda yadda yadda, IT was said, point over.

Unknown user

Yer arse.

You're trying to put over that this was the narrative, when it never was.

1 minute ago, escobri said:

Yadda yadda yadda, IT was said, point over.

It's bollocks, Biden said it, once, and everyone was straight on it.

You can pretend that was the narrative all you like "Many many more are quoted saying the same message" but it just isn't true

Nucky Thompson

Kudos to those 3 unselfish masks wearers on my packed bus this morning for keeping the rest of us safe.

They weren't really unselfish though, as they kept their bags on the seat next to them so nobody could sit beside them :muggy:

5 hours ago, Smithee said:

Yer arse.

You're trying to put over that this was the narrative, when it never was.

It's bollocks, Biden said it, once, and everyone was straight on it.

You can pretend that was the narrative all you like "Many many more are quoted saying the same message" but it just isn't true

I'm not pretending f all, Fauci,the cdc(who has hundreds of unvaxxed workers 🤔) also claimed this, that's all I'm saying, it was said and I proved this to someone that can't recall it being said. That's it, done, find an argument somewhere else.

Unknown user
2 minutes ago, escobri said:

I'm not pretending f all, Fauci,the cdc(who has hundreds of unvaxxed workers 🤔) also claimed this, that's all I'm saying, it was said and I proved this to someone that can't recall it being said. That's it, done, find an argument somewhere else.

You are, the narrative was not that a mask will stop you getting covid

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
7 hours ago, Gizmo said:

Do let her know that a few bods on a fitba forum know better than she does

“fair comment”   :)

there’s probably a fair few on a leopard ate my face who have been less consistently wrong than her too

and on mumsnet 

I see she’s blaming the high death numbers in the country she was advising on due to the poor underlying health and obesity within the population 🙀

Weakened Offender
9 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Now pity they couldn't make a vaccine for the common cold 

Tbf, who is going to take that? 

Nookie Bear
2 hours ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

“fair comment”   :)

there’s probably a fair few on a leopard ate my face who have been less consistently wrong than her too

and on mumsnet 

I see she’s blaming the high death numbers in the country she was advising on due to the poor underlying health and obesity within the population 🙀

Yeah she’s got a lot wrong over the last two years, predictions that haven’t planned out or shifting beliefs. 

To me it shows it is a lot easier to be on the outside giving advice than be answerable to a party and electorate. 

1 hour ago, Jeffros Furios said:

Change yer name to tinfoil heid 

mRNA drug development has substantial clinical development and regulatory risks due to limited regulatory experience with mRNA immunotherapies.

inject me baby 💉 

1 hour ago, escobri said:

mRNA drug development has substantial clinical development and regulatory risks due to limited regulatory experience with mRNA immunotherapies.

inject me baby 💉 

Worldwide injections of Covid-19 vaccinations: 11.5 billion

Dropping like flies, so we are. :laugh: 

I think it's fair to say it's been tested by those with the cognitive ability to make a rational risk assesment.  

Seems the scaredy cats need to fall back on conspiracy bullshit and distortions of statements to disguise their lack of cojones. :scared:

7 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

Worldwide injections of Covid-19 vaccinations: 11.5 billion

Dropping like flies, so we are. :laugh: 

I think it's fair to say it's been tested by those with the cognitive ability to make a rational risk assesment.  

Seems the scaredy cats need to fall back on conspiracy bullshit and distortions of statements to disguise their lack of cojones. :scared:

Screenshot_20220501-212621_Twitter.jpg

Geoff Kilpatrick

Good highlighting, falling into the "so what?" category. Myocarditis is something that, for most people, passes in a few days without any lasting problems.

Do you have i) an actual point to make or are you ii) the usual dense conspiracy bod who thinks every link they can hunt down is some sort of Eureka! moment, when you haven't digested its meaning, the statistics or relevance of the study?

I'm going with ii. 

1 minute ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Good highlighting, falling into the "so what?" category. Myocarditis is something that, for most people, passes in a few days without any lasting problems.

Why risk it though for a virus most will have no or just very mild symptoms?

1 minute ago, Gizmo said:

Do you have i) an actual point to make or are you ii) the usual dense conspiracy bod who thinks every link they can hunt down is some sort of Eureka! moment, when you haven't digested its meaning, the statistics or relevance of the study?

I'm going with ii. 

Just sharing info, that's all. Definitely won't be on the 10 o'clock news unlike the propaganda.

Geoff Kilpatrick
41 minutes ago, escobri said:

Why risk it though for a virus most will have no or just very mild symptoms?

By that logic you'd never take paracetamol.

The myocarditis "risk" is extremely rare.

11 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

By that logic you'd never take paracetamol.

The myocarditis "risk" is extremely rare.

Even rarer if you chose to avoid the vaccines and have the cajones the face the sniffles. Was it yourself that seeked immunity by catching covid, how did it go? Obviously still here 🤣

Unknown user

Even rarer if you chose to avoid the vaccines and have the cajones the face the sniffles. Was it yourself that seeked immunity by catching covid, how did it go? Obviously still here 🤣

Seeked :laugh2: 

Yeah, I'm listening to this guy

Geoff Kilpatrick
39 minutes ago, escobri said:

Still failing miserably to find it.

Funnily enough, my wife and I were chatting yesterday that now that April was out of the way (son's 18th, our anniversary, Easter etc), that this was now the time to get it. The last thing we want is for Covid to interrupt my youngest son's final exams at the end of the year and prior to our big trip at the end of the year.

7 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Still failing miserably to find it.

Funnily enough, my wife and I were chatting yesterday that now that April was out of the way (son's 18th, our anniversary, Easter etc), that this was now the time to get it. The last thing we want is for Covid to interrupt my youngest son's final exams at the end of the year and prior to our big trip at the end of the year.

Maybe just not to be, don't know the current guidelines where you are but hopefully now just treated as any other flu like virus and not too disruptive to your life.

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )