Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

27 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

Unfortunately the miracle never happened and the mother in law sadly passed away around half an hour ago. 

The other half is obviously in bits but I’ll get her through it.

Really don't know what to say except sorry to hear that.All you can do now is be there for the wife as you say.

Shanks said no
32 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

Unfortunately the miracle never happened and the mother in law sadly passed away around half an hour ago. 

Our thoughts are with you and yours Ian 

When all necessary measures are told to be taken, for the benefit of our population. 

Telling people to stay home and keep safe, and our chief medic decides to go against it. 

Some ****ing example to show, your a disgrace, it's people like yourself that will encourage other people to do the same as yourself. 

This country needs to be put on full lockdown people just aren't ****ing getting it. 

Toxteth O'Grady

Interesting that Sweden and Netherlands who are taking a more relaxed approach seem to be slowing down

highlandjambo3
1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Nicola "made a mistake...she was wrong...apologised unreservedly"

"All of us will make mistakes...'learn from them' (but) her help and advice has been invaluable...consider wider importance of her expertise".

I’m here........

come on, how many of us have actually popped out to the shop to get “essentials” eh?... maybe a wee bit more often than we should have......or is it just me 🙄

22 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Ahh the search for the perfect one you seem to think is available just at the click of a finger

When will people learn you cannot be perfect and yet the constant need to tell the world that people can live that life belongs with the religious nuts and hypocrites

This is important yes but vital no

You might as well get a talking robot to suit some of the posters on here...oh and I ask are we all innocent ?..but feel free to spout your opinion from your lofty perch

No lofty perch here I can assure you.

The individual has lost a huge amount of credibility, if you can't see that or don't believe that then fair enough.

4 minutes ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

Interesting that Sweden and Netherlands who are taking a more relaxed approach seem to be slowing down

Not sure

Kalamazoo Jambo
38 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

Sorry to hear that, Ian. Thinking of your family.

3 minutes ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

The Swedish guy Tegnall has pretty much said the UK has ****ed it up.Has basically said if you lockdown you do it early not as a U-turn.

Toxteth O'Grady
1 minute ago, vegas-voss said:

The Swedish guy Tegnall has pretty much said the UK has ****ed it up.Has basically said if you lockdown you do it early not as a U-turn.

Yes - I think it makes the exit strategy very difficult

1 hour ago, DETTY29 said:

Yep,

But in her defence she could just look at Holyrood, Westminster, House of Lords and press to see folk preaching to others how to lead lives but doing the opposite themselves.

Nail on head.

The Chamber at the Scottish Government was almost empty, but politicians from all parties were not practicing social distancing. Many were sitting behind their "leaders" for no reason, well apart from getting the face on the TV or being cheerleaders!! They were certainly not 6 feet or 2 meters apart whichever unit of measure one prefers to use as a guideline.

The CMO has made a mistake, let's move on & concentrate on the real matters of concern with the coronavirus situation we all find ourselves in at present. No doubt the "reporters" asking the questions are 100% pillars of the community & do no wrong. After the 1st Question, the continual barrage of the same question was not necessary apart from driving home the need for everyone to follow the guidelines. Kudos to the reporter who actually asked the 1 different question throughout the briefing. 

With regards to the issues raised about  travel & breakdowns etc on this thread, what is the definition of essential travel?

We are allowed to go out for essential food supplies, but that does not stop folk stocking up on fags & booze!! I go for my normal weekly food provisions driving 12 miles to get there. This is a journey I undertake every week of the year, so I classify this as within existing guidelines. The store & it's car park have been very quiet the last 2 weeks, but I parked well away from other cars. Good policy at the best of times when using car parks at Shopping Centres. I got my usual shop observing social distancing as well as possible in the store. This can be difficult as others stand & consider to buy 1 item or another which might be 10p cheaper or come back charging up with their trolley because they have forgotten to pick up something. The foregoing is a natural hazard when shopping in any supermarket or foodhall.

Last week I drove back to my home town to shop for what I consider essential cleaning materials due to a wider range of choice, not a regular weekly task. I was met with a queue the length of the store waiting to get access, with the majority "enjoying" a cigarette or puffing away on their vapour stick or whatever they are called! My decision was to return to my car & drive back home and mull over my strategy hoping to avoid the same scenario tomorrow!!

Re the above, in terms of my own personal health & well being, I feel I was more at risk travelling 2 miles than I was travelling 24 miles. At least I got my essential weekly provisions without delay.

Stay safe fellow Jambos.

Kalamazoo Jambo
37 minutes ago, BlackJAC? said:

Absolute shite news mate.  I don't know you, never met you, but I am sorry that anyone has to go through this.  Hopefully once this all ends, we all get to give relatives the send off they deserve.  My MiL died 3 weeks ago and no one could even attend the funeral other than my partner.  It kills you a little bit more inside.  But we'll make up for missed time. 

Very sorry to hear that.

12 minutes ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

Sweden has changed it's tune, it's numbers are rising, big time 

Edited by ri Alban

46 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

Sorry for your loss. Stay strong. ❤️

Toxteth O'Grady
Just now, ri Alban said:

Sweden has changed it's tune, it's numbers are rising, big time 

The above graph isn't showing that but aye I've just read that - I was just looking for some hope of getting out of this mess.

Stay safe 

Just now, Toxteth O'Grady said:

The above graph isn't showing that but aye I've just read that - I was just looking for some hope of getting out of this mess.

Stay safe 

You too 👍 

Matt Hancock has improved as a minister, it must be said.

Just now, ri Alban said:

You too 👍 

I think he’s absolutely woeful.

Just now, The Roller said:

I think he’s absolutely woeful.

He's doing better than before he took ill. More honest.

Toxteth O'Grady
Just now, ri Alban said:

You too 👍 

I think they are all doing as best they can in difficult circumstances - mistakes will be made but that's inevitable.

As long as they are not taking the piss like or CMO that's fine with me.

Its right also that there is scrutiny to make sure they are not lining their pals pockets too 

19 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Correct no ****ing about limit it as much as possible, our people have failed us wake up people, do you honestly think what ever political party you follow actually gives a monkeys nuts about us. 

They haven't got a scobby do, on how to get us out of this. 

Edited by Bongo 1874

4 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Especially when they were also there the previous weekend. 

You couldn't make it up.

Husband only the week before.

If I’ve not said it directly, thank you to everyone who has passed on their condolences and best wishes.

Just keep safe everyone. Please stay at home if you can and don’t be flippant enough to think that this horrible virus won’t affect you.

12 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

£2m a month to rent the building for the nightingale London hospital.

£2m a month to profit out of people dying sums our ****ing world up. 

Scum. 

14 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

BBC website saying Excel have done a u-turn and now wont be charging.

1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

£2m a month to profit out of people dying sums our ****ing world up. 

Scum. 

They're charging mates rates. 👍 So that alright. :wtf:

1 minute ago, Tott said:

BBC website saying Excel have done a u-turn and now wont be charging.

Good! This public shaming does work, sometimes. Wayne Rooney has a neck you couldn't mark with a blowtorch.

Edited by ri Alban

Jambof3tornado
1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

Keep reading.

It's all politics, the SNP only makes UK national news when they feck things up. 

I think on the whole Nicola Sturgeon has done very well in all of this and I would never vote for her because she seems solely focused on one aim, but credit where its due she has led from the front.

Oh and the only make the news when they feck up isnt true as sky has the FMs daily update.

Edited by Jambof3tornado

31 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

They waived it.

52 minutes ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

Nae teams in last 16 champ league or 6 nations rugby...:thumbsup:

Tens of thousands at Cheltenham never helped either.

Edited by Old Blue Eyes

According to ITV Catherine Calderwoof is to be withdrawn from press conferences and her ad campaign scrapped.

EU2eU6IWkAMVaOO.jpeg

Edited by fancy a brew
Autocorrect

1 hour ago, iantjambo said:

Terribly sorry to read this, Ian.

May she Rest in Peace.

Look after your lady, and remember to look after yourself too.

14 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

So sorry, Ian.

1 minute ago, Morgan said:

Terribly sorry to read this, Ian.

May she Rest in Peace.

Look after your lady, and remember to look after yourself too.

Thank you both

Japan Jambo

Absolutely outrageous that the CMO hasn't resigned or indeed been fired. Not sure I can remember such a piece of blatant hypocrisy from a public official.

Jambo-Jimbo
31 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

You too 👍 

I'm getting a wee bit worried about you, that's twice you've 'praised' a tory in the last couple of days.

All this sitting around is making you go soft, if you come on tonight praising the Queen then I'll really be worried about you.

She ****ed up but don't think she deserves the sack. She has apologised, been warned by the police and publicity suffered. Think enough is enough now. 

Edited by AlimOzturk

3 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

I'm getting a wee bit worried about you, that's twice you've 'praised' a tory in the last couple of days.

All this sitting around is making you go soft, if you come on tonight praising the Queen then I'll really be worried about you.

Credit where it's due. Don't worry when this is beaten, I'll be in about them again. :thumbsup:

Edited by ri Alban

This country is the world's best at finger pointing. Never miss a chance to moan about someone who hasn't got something right. Every news item, every press conference, every page of this thread. Bores the shit out of me. 

Psychedelicropcircle

Sorry to be reading this sir . Have a scootering colleague who has been in a ME coma for 10 days now but showing small signs of going in the right direction I.e less oxygen & less drugs needed.

My condolences sir.  

Psychedelicropcircle
11 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Easy tiger the Tory party are a people before pounds party......

until this shit ends then it’s back to austerity 

Very sorry to hear this. Condolences to all the family.

dobmisterdobster
8 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

This country is the world's best at finger pointing. Never miss a chance to moan about someone who hasn't got something right. Every news item, every press conference, every page of this thread. Bores the shit out of me. 

That's mostly just social media and the news.

Most people aren't like that.

Jambo-Jimbo
18 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Credit where it's due. Don't worry when this is beaten, I'll be in about them again. :thumbsup:

Glad to hear it, it's all a bit un-nerving. 😂

Yeh, don't think it makes a difference who is in charge, as nobody has a clue, and that's not surprising because this is all uncharted territory.

20 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

aggressive-towards-strangers-85587813.pn

;)

Really sorry to hear this, condolences to you and your family.

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic