Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

25 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Aye, but whatabout Tories, whatabout 'insert name here'.

It's the defence of the stupid and deluded.

Oh I know . Try the “ hate the Tories “ thread . They are hysterical banshees on it 

24 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Seriously? Someone with the virus goes to the pub at opening time means they will infect people no matter when the pub shuts.

No use trying to argue with this guy about any SNP diktats . 

18 minutes ago, Taffin said:

At least someone enjoys closed door games I guess...

Oh I bet she does 😎

16 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Go on admit the rules doesn't make any sense, you know you want to.

He won’t . You got as much chance as him admitting that as me sh***** Elsie and taking her for a kebab after it 

2 minutes ago, LMc said:

Scotland leading the way as per.

Well knock me over with a feather 🪶 still waiting on the tsunami though 😎

Brighton Jambo

What I don’t get is how we have had longer, harder restrictions than the rest of the UK, we have had masks all the way through and yet our death rate is higher than the rest of the UK.

And here we are on the eve of a huge derby match that thousands of fans would have enjoyed and there’s no fans allowed. Yet people on here are still defending her.  It’s mind boggling.  Some of you could walk in on Sturgeon in bed with your wife and blame yourself.  There was even a poster above trying to defend her inflation busting salary increase FFS 😂😂😂

And in other good news... Professor Ferguson is finally correct on his prediction.

It's only taken a third of a year and an entirely new variant to achieve but it's arrived...100k cases!

Obviously this is actually bad news. I'm being facetious.

Just now, Brighton Jambo said:

What I don’t get is how we have had longer, harder restrictions than the rest of the UK, we have had masks all the way through and yet our death rate is higher than the rest of the UK.

And here we are on the eve of a huge derby match that thousands of fans would have enjoyed and there’s no fans allowed. Yet people on here are still defending her.  It’s mind boggling.  Some of you could walk in on Sturgeon in bed with your wife and blame yourself.  There was even a poster above trying to defend her inflation busting salary increase FFS 😂😂😂

I know . It’s a mad cult . Madness really . 

Ex member of the SaS

So when parliament reconvene they should cancel the restrictions and allow football to go back to normal ( aye right )  

45 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

What's it called if you just hate everyone?

I believe that is just called 'The truth'.

1 minute ago, Brighton Jambo said:

It could be a myriad of things really. People not obeying the rules, not taking sensible precautions through choice when rules were relaxed, different age demographics, weather, unhealthier population etc.

Very difficult to arrive at an answer for that I'd imagine.

I've got an opinion on it, buts only that, so I'll keep it to myself.

I don't blame governments for being cautious. Over 106,000 cases over the last 24 hrs. 

Of course, the vast majority will be nothing more than mild cases but all many people have been saying through this is test more !

So, the figure is worrying high, much greater numbers are testing themselves.

Ex member of the SaS
5 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Oh I know . Try the “ hate the Tories “ thread . They are hysterical banshees on it 

No use trying to argue with this guy about any SNP diktats . 

Oh I bet she does 😎

He won’t . You got as much chance as him admitting that as me sh***** Elsie and taking her for a kebab after it 

Well knock me over with a feather 🪶 still waiting on the tsunami though 😎

The Kebab I could handle  but Sh***** Elsie is a picture I don't want in my head, Thanks for that!

Lord Montpelier
1 minute ago, Boab said:

I don't blame governments for being cautious. Over 106,000 cases over the last 24 hrs. 

Of course, the vast majority will be nothing more than mild cases but all many people have been saying through this is test more !

So, the figure is worrying high, much greater numbers are testing themselves.

And greater numbers will continue to test between now and Christmas Day before they come into contact with others.

I'd predict numbers will go up further before coming back down before New year. Much down to people testing who might not normally do so, and discovering they have something without any symptoms. 

2 minutes ago, Lord Montpelier said:

And greater numbers will continue to test between now and Christmas Day before they come into contact with others.

I'd predict numbers will go up further before coming back down before New year. Much down to people testing who might not normally do so, and discovering they have something without any symptoms. 

There will also be a lot of people not testing due to fear of missing Christmas so we may well see a surge after Christmas when there's no longer much to worry about missing on the horizon.

Edit: I don't think it will be sufficient numbers to offset what your saying, but I don't think the number will substantially come down until into the second week of January.

Edited by Taffin

Brighton Jambo
5 minutes ago, Taffin said:

It could be a myriad of things really. People not obeying the rules, not taking sensible precautions through choice when rules were relaxed, different age demographics, weather, unhealthier population etc.

Very difficult to arrive at an answer for that I'd imagine.

I've got an opinion on it, buts only that, so I'll keep it to myself.

Yeah I suppose.  It just sticks in my throat a bit as whenever the issue of excessive restrictions in Scotland is raised we get hit with the whole ‘well is worth it to save lives’ argument.  Turns out we have the highest death rate so to me it’s fair game to say these restrictions are not having the desired effect.  What’s that definition of insanity again….

44 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

They were comfortably off then, they're comfortably off now.

Seriously do you live and breath SNP. They are in pandemic and while cutting business to the core, they make sure that they're okay. 

It wouldn't matter if NS came in TV and admitted murder, you would still defend her. She can do no wrong in the eye of a true believer.

Personally, I believe all politicians in UK are a disgrace, have failed the country and put their own parties and pockets first.

Do you read anything I post. They have FROZEN THEIR SALARIES FOR 13 YEARS. How is that putting their pockets first. 

Yeah I suppose.  It just sticks in my throat a bit as whenever the issue of excessive restrictions in Scotland is raised we get hit with the whole ‘well is worth it to save lives’ argument.  Turns out we have the highest death rate so to me it’s fair game to say these restrictions are not having the desired effect.  What’s that definition of insanity again….

Sounds like you share the opinion I'm keeping to myself 👍

I see the wee clan are out in force this afternoon or, alternatively, one person has all their logins active.

Yip, get called out for talking shite so play the victim card😂😂. Grow up

Aye, but whatabout Tories, whatabout 'insert name here'.

It's the defence of the stupid and deluded.

Remind me where he lives? 

Having said that I think all politician's expenses are far too excessive. Thankfully after independence that will be drastically reduced so you should be happy

Edited by XB52

Ex member of the SaS

The latest from WHO is restrictions don't work, and as many have been saying for a long time now, we will just have to live with it as we did with flu for many years.

The NHS struggled every year due to flu so what is the difference now? People died with flu and many will die with Covid, it's life.

8 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

The Kebab I could handle  but Sh***** Elsie is a picture I don't want in my head, Thanks for that!

Apologies 

EFE19760-8756-4B70-BCED-282C91CE051A.gif

Brighton Jambo
2 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Do you read anything I post. They have FROZEN THEIR SALARIES FOR 13 YEARS. How is that putting their pockets first. 

Nicola Sturgeon earns thousands more than the PM with absolute nothing of the level of the responsibility . She has just accepted a 3.4% increase on £168,000 and still you defend her.  Absolute snout in the trough.  

Ever heard the phrase ‘pick your battles’!!!

Malinga the Swinga
4 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Because they are creaming off expenses, media jobs and the salary is good enough for them to not need a rise. That's putting their pockets first.

Ex member of the SaS
5 minutes ago, XB52 said:

What about their expenses? I would imagine they have increased, no?

5 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Where are you getting those figures ?

The ones I can see have England at a higher rate ?

Dennis Denuto
19 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Scotland’s death rate is not higher than the rest of the UK??

Brighton Jambo
Just now, Boab said:

Where are you getting those figures ?

The ones I can see have England at a higher rate ?

Travelling tabby.  It’s all there.  Don’t forget to subtract Scotlands excess death from the UK total when doing the comparison.  

https://www.travellingtabby.com/scotland-coronavirus-tracker/  Select ‘Additional Death Data’.  

Malinga the Swinga
5 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Yip, get called out for talking shite so play the victim card😂😂. Grow up

Oh dear, getting a bit tetchy now. Having to defend the obscene monies your beloved are taking out of country. Keep going, I mean your embarrassing yourself but it's fun watching you get upset.

Especially fun when you know your defending Tory msp's as well as your own ones. That must really hurt, which makes it funnier 

7 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Remind me where he lives? 

Having said that I think all politician's expenses are far too excessive. Thankfully after independence that will be drastically reduced so you should be happy

Welcome to fantasy island 

C1159CBE-8591-40F4-A976-FC9930BBEF99.gif

Dennis Denuto
8 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Sounds like you share the opinion I'm keeping to myself 👍

To me it sounds like fantasy, he needs to clarify his figures a lot. 

20 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

There was even a poster above trying to defend her inflation busting salary increase FFS 😂😂😂

What salary increase???? Here's an article from that SNP/SG propaganda rag the Daily Mail. A few years old but still true. 

Dailymail April 2016: Tax return Nicola Sturgeon shows that she declared an income of £104,000, despite being eligible for a £144,687 salary.
March 2015 Guardian: The Scottish parliament voted unanimously to increase basic salaries for MSPs by 0.7%, pushing the official overall salary for Scotland’s first minister to £144,687 – outstripping the prime minister’s overall pay of £142,500 and that of Boris Johnson, the London mayor, who earns £143,911. However, Sturgeon’s officials played down the significance of the pay rise, pointing out that Scottish ministers were still enforcing a voluntary pay freeze introduced under Alex Salmond’s leadership in 2008.

6 minutes ago, Dennis Denuto said:

Scotland’s death rate is not higher than the rest of the UK??

Right now, and overall it isn't but for the period when there was significant divergence in mitigations ('freedom day' until Omicron) Scotland was generally performing worse on deaths per 100k than England (to my eye) which I think is what BJ is referring to.

Edit: for balance it could be down to killing off many of those at risk of death earlier in the pandemic and as such leaving a smaller pool per 100k who were vulnerable to that outcome. 

Screenshot_20211222-170026.png

Edited by Taffin

15 minutes ago, Boab said:

Over 106,000 cases over the last 24 hrs. 

Biggest wave of infections we've seen yet. You could almost call it a tsunami. 

🤔

Just now, kila said:

Fingers crossed the data continues in this way in the weeks aheadh.

Clear that the booster does wonders.

If we finally get concrete evidence that the boosters mean omicron has very little serious consequences then the 3 week restrictions might actually be 3 weeks 

Ex member of the SaS
4 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Travelling tabby.  It’s all there.  Don’t forget to subtract Scotlands excess death from the UK total when doing the comparison.  

https://www.travellingtabby.com/scotland-coronavirus-tracker/  Select ‘Additional Death Data’.  

The figures here suggest London has nearly twice Scotland's numbers.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1204630/coronavirus-deaths-by-region-in-the-uk/

3 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

A wee bit of data cherrypicking, perhaps? ;)

1585055002_Screenshotat2021-12-2217-02-49.thumb.png.b5f9c61b07f99b4c0b7613388fd0dc13.png

Dennis Denuto
5 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Right now, and overall it isn't but for the period when there was significant divergence in mitigations ('freedom day' until Omicron) Scotland was generally performing worse on deaths per 100k than England (to my eye) which I think is what BJ is referring to.

Screenshot_20211222-170026.png

But what about the previous period when England was much higher than Scotland?

It is hard to determine without a full enquiry imo

6 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Oh dear, getting a bit tetchy now. Having to defend the obscene monies your beloved are taking out of country. Keep going, I mean your embarrassing yourself but it's fun watching you get upset.

Especially fun when you know your defending Tory msp's as well as your own ones. That must really hurt, which makes it funnier 

Last time honest then I'll give up. The SG have frozen their salaries for 13 years. What the tories decide to pocket is up to them. I'm sorry you can't read, you'll probably blame the Scottish education system for that 

Malinga the Swinga
5 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

What about their expenses? I would imagine they have increased, no?

I see the figure of £17million in expenses claimed for year 20/21.

That was just under 2% increase on previous year 

No need for pay rise when you can just claim extra expenses.

Nice work if you can get it.

3 minutes ago, XB52 said:

If we finally get concrete evidence that the boosters mean omicron has very little serious consequences then the 3 week restrictions might actually be 3 weeks 

Here's hoping! Back to the football when the days are beginning to stretch to full time.

Brighton Jambo
5 minutes ago, redjambo said:

1585055002_Screenshotat2021-12-2217-02-49.thumb.png.b5f9c61b07f99b4c0b7613388fd0dc13.png

Perfect thanks Red.  I was in process of typing all my working out but this does it for me.  As you have so excellently proved Excess deaths (which is only metric that matters in long run) clearly shows Scotland has a higher death rate.  

9 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Biggest wave of infections we've seen yet. You could almost call it a tsunami. 

🤔

Doesn't a tsunami have a low amplitude and long wavelength? Almost the opposite of the Omicron wave.

Edited by Taffin

10 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Doesn't that show that excess deaths are higher per 100k in Scotland than England?

Or am I reading it wrongly?

229 vs 221. Or is that a different metric?

Edited by Taffin

Early signs are that the relevant scientists are beginning to get some of the data they need to evaluate the effects of omicron.  It appears to very,  very promising and should warrant a re-modelling of the wave and it's consequentials.

Precautionary actions may not last long at this rate.  

:)

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )