Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

16 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

I run a small business, I have staff who are holed up in 1 bedroom tenement flats, working from their kitchen table or a desk set up in their bedroom literally going out their minds.  They've been panicking for the last 2 weeks about being told to stay home and work.

I'm lucky that I have a house with a garden I could escape to, I hated working from home too.  I like to distinguish my work and home life and there is absolutely no substitute for being around people, working on something together and getting that buzz.  Productivity wise there's no comparison.  I'm not necessarily talking about self motivation, I'm talking about the 2 min conversations and things that happen on the fly that you just can't recreate over Zoom.

Everyone has their different outlook on it and experiences but for me, going in to the office wins every time.

Wfh demotivates the soul.

I reckon the catchprase of the masses since March 2020 would be "I just can't be ****ed".

Well done government

:fonzie:

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lord Montpelier
4 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

They deserve it. Can't be easy agreeing every suggestion that Peter Murrell comes up with.

I'm sure it's with a heavy heart though, and they were thinking big others whilst they voted it through.

If in any other public enterprise or private business the leader was married to its chief executive questions of governance would rightly be asked. Nepotism even

But in Nationalist Scotland, seems to be quietly swept under the carpet in a 'nothing to see here' manner. It stinks. 

Just now, Lord Montpelier said:

If in any other public enterprise or private business the leader was married to its chief executive questions of governance would rightly be asked. Nepotism even

But in Nationalist Scotland, seems to be quietly swept under the carpet in a 'nothing to see here' manner. It stinks. 

We are not run by government, we are ruled and controlled by a mafia.

6 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

They'll be fining us for talking to our neighbours next. 

A vote winner for your neighbours?

Konrad von Carstein
4 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

We are not run by government, we are ruled and controlled by a mafia.

Jings I8, it's not like you to be so rampantly hyperbolic! 🙄

1 hour ago, Savage Vince said:

I just about choked on my cornflakes reading this. 

From you of all people. 

If you really are disgusted, and I doubt even you could disgust yourself, then ****ing diddums, you narcissistic shambles. 

awe diddum's..shame you didn't choke on them . 

Lord Montpelier
10 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

What's your view on the governance and accountability at the top of the SNP ?

So much power wielded from one solitary household.  Is that healthy ?

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, Savage Vince said:

I just about choked on my cornflakes reading this. 

From you of all people. 

If you really are disgusted, and I doubt even you could disgust yourself, then ****ing diddums, you narcissistic shambles. 

:illogical:

40 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Another action-packed day ahead for the covid cheerleaders.  Fanatically, and in awe of the TV screen infront of them, desperately waiting for the next command and chain link to their shackles.

Meanwhile, healthy people up and down the country are having their livelihoods, freedoms and lives stolen from them.

I wonder how many decent people will make that horrendous and final decision today to end their life?  I wonder how many children will go another day of being deprived the type of childhood that came to those before.  I wonder how many more healthy people will occupy hospitals and doctors surgeries ahead of those in desperate need?

I also wonder how much more people’s state of mind will deteriorate today and how many more people will fall deeper and more reliant on substances and alcohol to get them through.

All I have now is just pure hatred for all those cheerleaders and the reptiles who are enforcing all this madness.  Shame on every last one of you.  I only hope that karma will strike – the blood and misery is not on the hands of covid, it is on the hands of you all!

Almost every reason these reptiles have chosen to put the shutters down on our lives is out-trumped 100 fold by the misery their actions are causing.

Hyperbole much?

18 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

I have told you 1 trillion times that this is not the case.

Ex member of the SaS

Don't normally come on here but as posts are being removed from the other forum I decided this should be put out there.

Love him or hate him Nigel hits the nail on the head. The money wasted should have been put into the health service and because they ignored it, it's now a priority for them to claim we have to protect the NHS.

New hospital built for Covid dismantled yet they claim we don't have enough beds. Well the NEW Royal in Edinburgh has far less beds than the old RIE even before it was finished. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxRvsrYGbX4

41 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

I run a small business, I have staff who are holed up in 1 bedroom tenement flats, working from their kitchen table or a desk set up in their bedroom literally going out their minds.  They've been panicking for the last 2 weeks about being told to stay home and work.

I'm lucky that I have a house with a garden I could escape to, I hated working from home too.  I like to distinguish my work and home life and there is absolutely no substitute for being around people, working on something together and getting that buzz.  Productivity wise there's no comparison.  I'm not necessarily talking about self motivation, I'm talking about the 2 min conversations and things that happen on the fly that you just can't recreate over Zoom.

Everyone has their different outlook on it and experiences but for me, going in to the office wins every time.

I'm an introvert and when I come into the office I book a room to keep myself to myself but it's absolutely talking to the receptionist, the cleaners, the other staff in the corridors etc that lifts my spirits.

I'm one of those working from a table in the kitchen the rest of the time when I'm not on the road. I generally like it but after a while you realise you've not left the house or spoken in person to someone for days and just need a break from that 

40 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Another action-packed day ahead for the covid cheerleaders.  Fanatically, and in awe of the TV screen infront of them, desperately waiting for the next command and chain link to their shackles.

Meanwhile, healthy people up and down the country are having their livelihoods, freedoms and lives stolen from them.

I wonder how many decent people will make that horrendous and final decision today to end their life?  I wonder how many children will go another day of being deprived the type of childhood that came to those before.  I wonder how many more healthy people will occupy hospitals and doctors surgeries ahead of those in desperate need?

I also wonder how much more people’s state of mind will deteriorate today and how many more people will fall deeper and more reliant on substances and alcohol to get them through.

All I have now is just pure hatred for all those cheerleaders and the reptiles who are enforcing all this madness.  Shame on every last one of you.  I only hope that karma will strike – the blood and misery is not on the hands of covid, it is on the hands of you all!

Almost every reason these reptiles have chosen to put the shutters down on our lives is out-trumped 100 fold by the misery their actions are causing.

well said. Its nauseating . That thing  could say to them that their first born will be sacrificed at the alter of covid to save more lives and they would agree to it.  

22 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

They'll be fining us for talking to our neighbours next. 

Get back in your house, open your windows and shout through to each other, but only for 1 minute a day.

Drakeford competing well with Sturgeon and has raised bar with this. I'm sure Sturgeon will think up something though, she won't like being upstaged.

OH that thing will have something else up her sleeve. that's whys shes now called Elsie :) as you said doesn't like to be upstaged. Her and drearyford are the two most hideous politicians in the UK at the present time and that's saying something. 

8 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Meantime, it appears South Africa is declining rapidly, as the UK and other places collectively shit themselves.

https://www.theage.com.au/world/africa/case-drop-suggests-south-africa-s-omicron-peak-may-have-passed-20211222-p59jon.html

shush....im still waiting on the tsunami which many on this were wetting their lips about weeks ago.  its still to come... 

3 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Don't normally come on here but as posts are being removed from the other forum I decided this should be put out there.

Love him or hate him Nigel hits the nail on the head. The money wasted should have been put into the health service and because they ignored it, it's now a priority for them to claim we have to protect the NHS.

New hospital built for Covid dismantled yet they claim we don't have enough beds. Well the NEW Royal in Edinburgh has far less beds than the old RIE even before it was finished. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxRvsrYGbX4

I find mostly everything he says is spot on.  He would get my vote and some.

Nucky Thompson

I read online earlier that a leaked report on early data from the UK will confirm that omicron is causing milder disease.

The report will be published in the next couple of days.

It was from the Express, but it seems to have disappeared when I went back to copy and paste

2 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I read online earlier that a leaked report on early data from the UK will confirm that omicron is causing milder disease.

It was from the Express, but it seems to have disappeared when I went back to copy and paste

This one?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1539605/Omicron-UK-latest-data-Covid-news-mild-coronavirus-cases-infections-hospitalisations/amp

Dennis Denuto
4 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

What a fud. Ill stick to the Holy Fathers view about it. Far more tolerant than this dingle. Apparently Jesus would say " the unvaccinated " are immoral. :) 

Archbishop of Canterbury says unvaccinated are immoral because 'it's about how I love my neighbour'  | Daily Mail Online

If the invertibrates that are trying to control our genitals and minds right now think that this latest pile of nonsense is going to cause a surge in booster jabs I feel they will be mistaken.  Most folk I talk to now say "**** it, what is the point".

1 minute ago, JamesM48 said:

What a fud. Ill stick to the Holy Fathers view about it. Far more tolerant than this dingle. Apparently Jesus would say " the unvaccinated " are immoral. :) 

Archbishop of Canterbury says unvaccinated are immoral because 'it's about how I love my neighbour'  | Daily Mail Online

Anything that vile waste of baby batter calls immoral has to be a good thing.

Malinga the Swinga
1 minute ago, Dennis Denuto said:

So there are 2 definites and 1 maybe.

Both definites are positive, milder effects and booster effective, yet these are ignored in favour of the maybe which isn't that great but does have a 'may'.

Why are we focussing entirely on the negative (which isn't definite) and not the positive?

2 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Anything that vile waste of baby batter calls immoral has to be a good thing.

LOL hes such a wimp and insipid character really 

2 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Both definites are positive, milder effects and booster effective, yet these are ignored in favour of the maybe which isn't that great but does have a 'may'.

Why are we focussing entirely on the negative (which isn't definite) and not the positive?

Cause we run by a SG who are completely risk adverse. They are " cautious"...as long as the magic money tree is there to help their cautious and risk adverse approach. 

Dennis Denuto
3 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Because it is an unknown and it may negate the positives, but without the positives the maybe could've been even worse, whatever that turns out to be.

Got it?

Francis Albert

Because it is an unknown and it may negate the positives, but without the positives the maybe could've been even worse, whatever that turns out to be.

Got it?

Maybe.

Konrad von Carstein
26 minutes ago, Lord Montpelier said:

What's your view on the governance and accountability at the top of the SNP ?

So much power wielded from one solitary household.  Is that healthy ?

You could ask Q1 of all political parties in the UK. I'm not party to the governance models of the SNP or the Scottish Parliament so I have no view.

Q2 is out I8ing I8...

Q3 Carrie* and Boris

*allegedly..

Ex member of the SaS

The Scottish Government has had something like £2 billion from Westminster and not all has been used. Nippy will keep this going as long as the money keeps coming. This has nothing to do with public health and everything to do with cash in the coffers.

Malinga the Swinga
3 minutes ago, Dennis Denuto said:

Got it?

Yep, we focus on the unknown because the unknown may impact the known more than the known impacts on the unknown 

When the unknown becomes known, I guess there may be other as yet unknowns that will have effect on the knowns now or future knowns or other unknowns in the future.

Are all unknowns more important than knowns or juts the unknowns that may have an adverse impact on the knowns?

Its beyond a comedy now.  Just admit the isolation time is excessive and reduce it. I know England have been more sensible in regards to this so swallow your pride and copy them ...yet again...........

Covid Scotland: Scottish Government will 'consider' isolation reduced to seven days, says John Swinney | Edinburgh News (scotsman.com)

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

The Scottish Government has had something like £2 billion from Westminster and not all has been used. Nippy will keep this going as long as the money keeps coming. This has nothing to do with public health and everything to do with cash in the coffers.

:facepalm:

6 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

LOL hes such a wimp and insipid character really 

Cause we run by a SG who are completely risk adverse. They are " cautious"...as long as the magic money tree is there to help their cautious and risk adverse approach. 

You think the government being cautious with public health is a bad thing

1 minute ago, Smithee said:

You think the government being cautious with public health is a bad thing

over cautious to a neurotic degree i should have said.  

Dennis Denuto
1 minute ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Yep, we focus on the unknown because the unknown may impact the known more than the known impacts on the unknown 

When the unknown becomes known, I guess there may be other as yet unknowns that will have effect on the knowns now or future knowns or other unknowns in the future.

Are all unknowns more important than knowns or juts the unknowns that may have an adverse impact on the knowns?

TBF the full extent of this wave in terms of how many people are going to end up in Hospital is a pretty big deal, it is the number that determines where we are with the virus, that is not as predictable as it was a few weeks ago - Omicron.

Still pissed off football was completely shutdown and other businesses are allowed to carry on as normal though.

3 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

I think some on this probably dont leave their house in case they might trip over a match stick.  

Lord Montpelier
5 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

You could ask Q1 of all political parties in the UK. I'm not party to the governance models of the SNP or the Scottish Parliament so I have no view.

Q2 is out I8ing I8...

Q3 Carrie* and Boris

*allegedly..

OK. So a bit of deflection and no view then. Fair enough. I wasn't asking about the conservatives, but if you want my view on them they need a clear out as well as the SNP. 

TBF the full extent of this wave in terms of how many people are going to end up in Hospital is a pretty big deal, it is the number that determines where we are with the virus, that is not as predictable as it was a few weeks ago - Omicron.

Still pissed off football was completely shutdown and other businesses are allowed to carry on as normal though.

Im more pissed off that she has basically fecked up businesses in the last month or so and they have lost a lot of revenue. Yes im also  pissed off regarding the football as it makes zero sense to cancel it but that's how she rolls. Picks the easy targets. Seen to be doing something. Anything in fact. Even when it makes zero sense. 

Ex member of the SaS

Its beyond a comedy now.  Just admit the isolation time is excessive and reduce it. I know England have been more sensible in regards to this so swallow your pride and copy them ...yet again...........

Covid Scotland: Scottish Government will 'consider' isolation reduced to seven days, says John Swinney | Edinburgh News (scotsman.com)

So they are reducing isolation times, but continue to claim people who have died after a positive test 28 days before.

The 28 days has been plucked out of thin air and as shown in South Africa people are being admitted to hospital with other problems only to be tested and found to have covid.

We need the exact figure of people who have died BECAUSE of Covid not WITH it.

Someone hit by a bus/ late stages of cancer/stroke and taken to A&E , tested and dies due to injury or their condition are being quoted in the daily figures reported on the BBC.

Konrad von Carstein
Just now, Lord Montpelier said:

OK. So a bit of deflection and no view then. Fair enough. I wasn't asking about the conservatives, but if you want my view on them they need a clear out as well as the SNP. 

1 minute ago, Lord Montpelier said:

I answered the question re governance, I decided that the rest were just, well,  not worth the effort as it came across as SNP bad so yes I deflected. 😬

1 minute ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

So they are reducing isolation times, but continue to claim people who have died after a positive test 28 days before.

The 28 days has been plucked out of thin air and as shown in South Africa people are being admitted to hospital with other problems only to be tested and found to have covid.

We need the exact figure of people who have died BECAUSE of Covid not WITH it.

Someone hit by a bus/ late stages of cancer/stroke and taken to A&E , tested and dies due to injury or their condition are being quoted in the daily figures reported on the BBC.

Yes this has always been an issue and so difficult to find out the real data related to this. .  That's not a surprise. Just like its almost impossible to find out ages of those who died and whether or not they had " underlying health conditions" . However the media and Govt are happy to publicise cases of 30 years old Janet who died and she had " no underlying health conditions and ran a marathon every day" 

25 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Aren't vaccines disrupting god's work of sending plagues?

Konrad von Carstein

My daughter is waiting on PCR result from yesterday a LFT was positive this morning,  says she feels fine, but I'm her dad and I'm worried sick :(

Ex member of the SaS

Yes this has always been an issue and so difficult to find out the real data related to this. .  That's not a surprise. Just like its almost impossible to find out ages of those who died and whether or not they had " underlying health conditions" . However the media and Govt are happy to publicise cases of 30 years old Janet who died and she had " no underlying health conditions and ran a marathon every day" 

This is something I can't get my head around, What benefit do the BBC and other media outlets get from reporting fake news? Why are they all being used as government propaganda machines?

During the war the BBC was hailed as being the most honest reporting source yet here they are every night feeding fake figures to the public knowing it is generating fear.

Nucky Thompson
31 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

28 minutes ago, Dennis Denuto said:

That's it, cheers.

Funny the different takes on much the same information 

over cautious to a neurotic degree i should have said.  

No, they're not, governments have to be concerned with worse case scenarios.

Honestly, the nick of some of you, you're getting hysterical.

And this is how it happens, a handful of drama queens make so much noise they convince themselves that they're the majority. Remember when you lot loudly weren't getting the vaccine and neither was anyone you know?

You'll ruin your own Christmas

manaliveits105
5 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

My daughter is waiting on PCR result from yesterday a LFT was positive this morning,  says she feels fine, but I'm her dad and I'm worried sick :(

Hope it goes well - sure she will be fine 👍

Konrad von Carstein
1 minute ago, manaliveits105 said:

Hope it goes well - sure she will be fine 👍

Thanks 👍

My head says she'll be fine and you can guess the rest.

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )