Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

New Covid cases stay flat for FIFTH day in a row at 90,629 as expert says it 'looks like Omicron has peaked': Daily infections rise 52% in a week but there's STILL no increase in hospital admissions.

Is anybody listening.

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Lord Montpelier said:

It's amazing how Swinney, and many others, are still in jobs after 2 years of ineptitude. Thankfully guys like Hancock and Cummings are now gone, the only one I recall north of the border is that chain smoking health secretary Freeman who retired / was retired.

We are led by people who would struggle to hold down a middle management job in a local council. Complete clear out of both SNP hand wringing muppets and Conservative public school boy toffs now needed. Unfortunately all the intelligent leaders wouldn't go near politics now, better money to be made with less hassle in the private sector. We are then left with the dross running the country  . 

She was a raging drinker too . Some health secretary 👩‍💼 lol 

Well it is the SNP your other points are on the ball too . The quality of “ politicians “ up here is abysmal 

1 minute ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Your point is, as usual, completely defensive of all things Scottish government and its members. There is never any emotion shown, just a stoic brick wall defence. Almost BOT like, but lacking in the warmth and  feeling a BOT posseses.

The sad thing is, deep down, you know it was a shit statement, you know Swinney is abject in his role but you can't be honest enough to admit it.

If you can't be honest to yourself on a message board, when it won't change one single thing, then nothing you say can be considered as heartfelt or true.

As such, block away.

I'm not defending anyone - just another lazy accusation from you. And as I've said before, I have little time for  the SG/SNP and it doesn't change the point which is  -

You had a dig at Swinney without the faintest clue what the decison making process is and you clearly still don't. But here you go with a master class in whataboutery. 

For you to question the honesty of other posters on here is hilarious when all you do on here is whine at the drop of a hat about pretty much everything. 

As such,  I will indeed block away. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
5 minutes ago, Victorian said:

That's what they're not getting.  The odd comment about Westminster is irrelevant.  The important matter is making decisions that put votes in peril.

Yet still they made them.

You wont get a sensible,  rational thought from any of these vultures though.

I actually disagree it is politically unpopular. There is a section of society that has developed true Stockholm Syndrome and loves it when the leader dictates these tough decisions. In turn, they become the biggest cheerleaders.

Again, not unique to Scotland.

Malinga the Swinga
1 minute ago, Lord Montpelier said:

It's amazing how Swinney, and many others, are still in jobs after 2 years of ineptitude. Thankfully guys like Hancock and Cummings are now gone, the only one I recall north of the border is that chain smoking health secretary Freeman who retired / was retired.

We are led by people who would struggle to hold down a middle management job in a local council. Complete clear out of both SNP hand wringing muppets and Conservative public school boy toffs now needed. Unfortunately all the intelligent leaders wouldn't go near politics now, better money to be made with less hassle in the private sector. We are then left with the dross running the country  . 

I fully agree. The vast majority on here will. Strangely, I don't believe you will find one poster who believes the SG have been bad while Boris and his Westminster ****wits have done a good job.

There are some though, who will willingly criticise Westminster side while admiring the courageous decisiveness and purity of decision making of the other. When you point that out, I believe your called a Vulture.

Dennis Reynolds
2 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

New Covid cases stay flat for FIFTH day in a row at 90,629 as expert says it 'looks like Omicron has peaked': Daily infections rise 52% in a week but there's STILL no increase in hospital admissions.

Is anybody listening.

Hopefully!

1 minute ago, Boy Daniel said:

Is anybody listening.

Nope and you will get zero humility / honesty / admittance from some on this who a few weeks ago who were proclaiming Armageddon was on the cards die to the incoming tsunami 🌊 

3 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

I actually disagree it is politically unpopular. There is a section of society that has developed true Stockholm Syndrome and loves it when the leader dictates these tough decisions. In turn, they become the biggest cheerleaders.

There is that but it's a distinct minority imo.  Maybe not at the beginning of covid.  

2 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Exactly . She’s beaten most down to a pulp they are practically begging for lockdowns . Only have to watch some of the happy wits on the news being interviewed regarding it tonight. Tragic really . 

Malinga the Swinga
3 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

Is anybody listening.

I believe the answer is, a) give it another week, b) it's not about numbers in hospital, c) protect the NHS, d) it's because testing results are delayed, e) pick any combination of a-d.

4 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

I fully agree. The vast majority on here will. Strangely, I don't believe you will find one poster who believes the SG have been bad while Boris and his Westminster ****wits have done a good job.

There are some though, who will willingly criticise Westminster side while admiring the courageous decisiveness and purity of decision making of the other. When you point that out, I believe your called a Vulture.

Yes and he often condemns others , me included for my language . Disappointed to read that actually . 

I believe the answer is, a) give it another week, b) it's not about numbers in hospital, c) protect the NHS, d) it's because testing results are delayed, e) pick any combination of a-d.

E65FFF4A-7DF6-41E6-A1CD-4A1E3880D100.jpeg

Malinga the Swinga
6 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

There are some in here who exhibit strong signs of this. They would struggle to make a decision without input of leader.

Lord Montpelier
6 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

The phrase "blind nationalism" springs to mind. 

Practically no one wants lockdowns or more restrictions, such a bullshit argument. People might think they are necessary but that's a completely different thing.

Omicron is for now not causing a spike in hospitalisations or deaths so that is clearly a good thing.

The problem with Omicron is the infection rate and it's impact on essential services like in the link below.

We're about to get a comparison in how things pan out in Scotland and England based on the differing current Government message.

Albeit with the time lag, likely to be 10-14 days before we see if the situation goes breasts horizontal or we can get the pitchforks out for the "doomster scientists "

In the meantime the Kickack pagger can continue.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/health/ambulance-service-engulfed-staff-covid-b1978091.html

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
1 hour ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

correct - the poster probably doesn’t have Stockholm syndrome probably doesn’t actually want their life curtailed but thinks it’s a brave (or whatever) decision - ie political capital not necessarily a vote loser

While sniping at those who disagree doesn’t appear to realise their view is of the type which makes these seemingly “unpopular” decisions the opposite of putting votes at risk

:lion:

57 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

Is anybody listening.

There is an increase in hospital admissions and there is an increase in deaths. As somebody advised you previously, You really should try to check your facts before posting. 

https://www.travellingtabby.com/uk-coronavirus-tracker/

It's absolutely clear that where cases are rising fastest and where Omicron has been established longest hispital admissions are highest. 

Despite what your experts say i doubt Omicron has peaked especially outside south east England. Scotland's response has been made to allow vaccination (2 weeks to do it and 1 for it to kick in) and slow the spread. In three weeks we should have a much better idea of how damaging Omicron is going to be and make an informed decision on how to proceed.

Posts such as yours that deny reality are dangerous imo and you should desist from making them. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
17 minutes ago, Costanza said:

Practically no one wants lockdowns or more restrictions, such a bullshit argument. People might think they are necessary but that's a completely different thing.

Omicron is for now not causing a spike in hospitalisations or deaths so that is clearly a good thing.

The problem with Omicron is the infection rate and it's impact on essential services like in the link below.

We're about to get a comparison in how things pan out in Scotland and England based on the differing current Government message.

Albeit with the time lag, likely to be 10-14 days before we see if the situation goes breasts horizontal or we can get the pitchforks out for the "doomster scientists "

In the meantime the Kickack pagger can continue.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/health/ambulance-service-engulfed-staff-covid-b1978091.html

The problem with the "more time" argument is that, by the same stage, it was clear that Delta was faster transmitting and equally virulent, if not worse, than previous states. At the moment, the scientists are refusing to confirm that Omicron is milder because it is either like they doubt the data, or they are confounded by the fact that while transmissibility has increased, the severity isn't increasing and they aren't sure if that is the vaccine fighting back (T-cell) or the strain itself is milder, or a combination of both. Either way, that shouldn't matter. It should be the outcome. Hospitalisations are not spiking anywhere near the same rate as cases and if they aren't then ICU and deaths won't either. It's a total overreach.

2 minutes ago, coconut doug said:

There is an increase in hospital admissions and there is an increase in deaths. As somebody advised you previously, You really should try to check your facts before posting. 

It's absolutely clear that where cases are rising fastest and where Omicron has been established longest hispital admissions are highest. 

Despite what your experts say i doubt Omicron has peaked especially outside south east England. Scotland's response has been made to allow vaccination (2 weeks to do it and 1 for it to kick in) and slow the spread. In three weeks we should have a much better idea of how damaging Omicron is going to be and make an informed decision on how to proceed.

Posts such as yours that deny reality are dangerous imo and you should desist from making them. 

Have you been told today?

Malinga the Swinga
2 minutes ago, coconut doug said:

Quite right. Let's ignore the experts who post stuff you disagree with and go with you and your beloved governments.

For the benefit of @coconut doug

Britain's daily Covid cases have plateaued for the fifth day in a row as an expert claimed that the Omicron wave may have peaked already.

There were 90,629 infections in the past 24 hours across the UK, up 52 per cent on last Tuesday's toll but down slightly on the figure yesterday, despite wild projections of up to a million daily infections by New Year,

Cases have remained flat since last Friday when they hit a peak of more than 93,000. 

In London, which has become a hotbed for Omicron, the wave also appears to be slowing. A total of 20,491 cases were recorded in the capital today, down slightly on yesterday's tally of 22,750.

Malinga the Swinga

Have you been told today?

No point arguing. Please desist from sharing your opinion unless it is the same opinion as Mr Doug's. 

No dissent can be allowed or tolerated 

Quite right. Let's ignore the experts who post stuff you disagree with and go with you and your beloved governments.

No, I'm interested in facts that's why i posted the statistics.  Who are these experts and where are their stats?

Do you think Omicron has peaked?

3 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

Britain's daily Covid cases have plateaued for the fifth day in a row as an expert claimed that the Omicron wave may have peaked already.

There were 90,629 infections in the past 24 hours across the UK, up 52 per cent on last Tuesday's toll but down slightly on the figure yesterday, despite wild projections of up to a million daily infections by New Year,

Cases have remained flat since last Friday when they hit a peak of more than 93,000. 

In London, which has become a hotbed for Omicron, the wave also appears to be slowing. A total of 20,491 cases were recorded in the capital today, down slightly on yesterday's tally of 22,750.

Stop posting positive facts.  Please. :) no doubt we will get the usual.  " aye but aye but" 

3 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

No point arguing. Please desist from sharing your opinion unless it is the same opinion as Mr Doug's. 

it was a ludicrously pompous posting. 

Malinga the Swinga
Just now, coconut doug said:

No, I'm interested in facts that's why i posted the statistics.  Who are these experts and where are their stats?

Do you think Omicron has peaked?

According to one expert, it might have. You are happy to dismiss that though in favour of experts who post what you expect to see.

Me, I am not an expert but I'm not immune to the possibility it has peaked.

This virus has behaved strangely from the start, so why should modellers be so trusted to predict it's behaviour now.

Just now, Malinga the Swinga said:

He periodically pops up with his superiority complex and generally just out the blue tries his best to make you feel free inferior and suggests I should desist from posting. We he can go and get (fill in appropriate word) ……………

An expert claimed that something may have happened, did he? Who is he and does he have any pals who could tell us the same thing might not have happened?

Do you even understand this? FF posed an explanation as to what happens to the numbers when Omicron starts from a low base and is counted along with delta cases. Did you see that and did you understand it? It's important because it explains why the 7 day figure showing a 52% increase is relevant.

Do you accept that hospitalisations and deaths are up?

Would you like a bet that Omicron has not peaked?

1 minute ago, coconut doug said:

An expert claimed that something may have happened, did he? Who is he and does he have any pals who could tell us the same thing might not have happened?

Do you even understand this? FF posed an explanation as to what happens to the numbers when Omicron starts from a low base and is counted along with delta cases. Did you see that and did you understand it? It's important because it explains why the 7 day figure showing a 52% increase is relevant.

Professor Paul Hunter, an infectious diseases expert at the University of East Anglia, told MailOnline that Mr Johnson had made the right decision because cases 'look like they've peaked'. 

He said: 'It's not all doom and gloom, it does look like Omicron has stopped growing. The numbers over the last few days seem to have plateaued and maybe even be falling.

'It's a bit too soon to be absolutely sure about that, but if it is the case Boris Johnson will breathe a sigh of relief. We have to be a little bit careful because it's only a few days.

'And because we're getting closer to Christmas there is nervousness that people may not come forward for testing because they don't want to test positive and miss out on meeting relatives.

'Omicron overtook the other variants around December 14 so most of any changes from there on would be down to Omicron. So if it was still doubling every two days that would have shown and we should have been at 200,000 cases yesterday and certainly more than 200,000 cases today.

'But the fact it has been around 91,000 raises the point that it might actually have peaked. But it will probably take until at least Wednesday to get an idea of a day that is not affected by the weekend. But I am more optimistic than I was a few days ago.'

Professor Paul Hunter, an infectious diseases expert at the University of East Anglia, told MailOnline that Mr Johnson had made the right decision because cases 'look like they've peaked'. 

He said: 'It's not all doom and gloom, it does look like Omicron has stopped growing. The numbers over the last few days seem to have plateaued and maybe even be falling.

'It's a bit too soon to be absolutely sure about that, but if it is the case Boris Johnson will breathe a sigh of relief. We have to be a little bit careful because it's only a few days.

'And because we're getting closer to Christmas there is nervousness that people may not come forward for testing because they don't want to test positive and miss out on meeting relatives.

'Omicron overtook the other variants around December 14 so most of any changes from there on would be down to Omicron. So if it was still doubling every two days that would have shown and we should have been at 200,000 cases yesterday and certainly more than 200,000 cases today.

'But the fact it has been around 91,000 raises the point that it might actually have peaked. But it will probably take until at least Wednesday to get an idea of a day that is not affected by the weekend. But I am more optimistic than I was a few days ago.'

Good for him, now armed with that pearl of wisdom do you want a bet the Omicron has not peaked?

Malinga the Swinga
Just now, coconut doug said:

Blah, blah, blah, act superior, blah blah. Do you and your pals tag team on the threads?

Why would I have a bet? Omicron may have peaked. That's what was said. Not definitely, but may. In addition, not by me but by another poster. 

You can thank me for pointing that out though as you obviously missed it.

Good for him, now armed with that pearl of wisdom do you want a bet the Omicron has not peaked?

Bet!!? Don’t be stupid. Oh wait…….

7 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

He periodically pops up with his superiority complex and generally just out the blue tries his best to make you feel free inferior and suggests I should desist from posting. We he can go and get (fill in appropriate word) ……………

I didn't say you should desist from posting i said you should not post things that are not true. Here you are spreading more misinformation. If that last sentence is an attempt at an insult it's not avery good one.

In other news hospitalisations and deaths continue to rise. Do you want a bet that Omicron will do so as well?

Malinga the Swinga
5 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

Do you think when he made this statement he knew that Mr Doug was wise to him and his so called expertise.

After all, working in infectious diseases, is nothing compared to the learnings of a random poster on kickback.

21 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

The problem with the "more time" argument is that, by the same stage, it was clear that Delta was faster transmitting and equally virulent, if not worse, than previous states. At the moment, the scientists are refusing to confirm that Omicron is milder because it is either like they doubt the data, or they are confounded by the fact that while transmissibility has increased, the severity isn't increasing and they aren't sure if that is the vaccine fighting back (T-cell) or the strain itself is milder, or a combination of both. Either way, that shouldn't matter. It should be the outcome. Hospitalisations are not spiking anywhere near the same rate as cases and if they aren't then ICU and deaths won't either. It's a total overreach.

Scientists are refusing to confirm omicron is milder for only one reason.  There is no precedent of a human adapted virus reducing in virulence.  They'll need a fair bit of convincing that something unusual has taken place that challenges previously known science.

Viruses do not become milder.  Their effects become milder when mitigated with immunisation.

Weakening viruses is Facebook science,  until it can be observed by real science.

Malinga the Swinga

I didn't say you should desist from posting i said you should not post things that are not true. Here you are spreading more misinformation. If that last sentence is an attempt at an insult it's not avery good one.

In other news hospitalisations and deaths continue to rise. Do you want a bet that Omicron will do so as well?

He lifted an article from someone who is better qualified than you. Why don't you contact East Anglia uni and demand he retract comments as you know they are false. 

I'm sure they, like everyone else who reads your opinions, will act immediately.

Immediately after they stop laughing and pick themselves of the floor.

3 minutes ago, coconut doug said:

I didn't say you should desist from posting i said you should not post things that are not true.

Indeed you did not say desist but that’s what you meant when you said I should not say things that are untrue, which is in your opinion .

Cease and Desist if Doug says your wrong. Aye….Not

20 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

You could be right on hospitalisations and the infection rate caused by Omicron doesn't result in a large spike, and hopefully that is the case. As I say though, what I think is driving this is to try and avoid mass sickness and isolation that cripples essential services. Would be good to know what the situation is up here but NHS London are expecting 20% of NHS staff to be off by Christmas Day. If that continues and numbers hospitalised do rise, then it's obvious that we won't be in a good place.

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 minute ago, Victorian said:

Scientists are refusing to confirm omicron is milder for only one reason.  There is no precedent of a human adapted virus reducing in virulence.  They'll need a fair bit of convincing that something unusual has taken place that challenges previously known science.

Viruses do not become milder.  Their effects become milder when mitigated with immunisation.

Weakening viruses is Facebook science,  until it can be observed by real science.

Correction - there is no known precedent. Virology is a relatively new branch of science because scientists could only hypothesise in history. The common cold is a good example. We've no idea where it came from and we've no idea if it killed people when it first appeared but now a cold is just a pain in the backside. So I take your point but it needs to be qualified.

However, it isn't "Facebook science" when lab tests are showing that this variant is not growing as fast in lung tissue. From that, you can hypothesise that it is "milder". Again, it doesn't detract from the point that the statistical comparison between the emergence of Delta and the emergence of Omicron had led to widely different conclusions by the same point in time. Given that it is accepted that Omicron transmits faster and therefore has a shorter incubation period than Delta, you could also hypothesise that Omicron after n weeks should be ahead of Delta in its emergence as well.

Malinga the Swinga

Theres an old saying, ' there is a first time for everything'.

There was a time when a heart transplant had never been seen. Now commonplace

There was a time when blood transfusions had never been seen. Now commonplace.

There was a time cloning had never been seen. Dolly the sheep blew that apart.

There's many other examples.

Maybe this is the first time a virus is reducing in virulence.

2 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

Indeed you did not say desist but that’s what you meant when you said I should not say things that are untrue, which is in your opinion .

Cease and Desist if Doug says your wrong. Aye….Not

These things are not in my opinion, they are demonstrable facts. You said "but there's STILL no increase in hospital admissions.". Your statement is not true as the statistics i posted showed an increase in hospitalisations of 232 in one day.  

check for yourself  https://www.travellingtabby.com/uk-coronavirus-tracker/ or maybe you can find a source to support your claim.

Malinga the Swinga
1 minute ago, maroondevo52 said:

Lucky I went to the Panto last Saturday.

My wife and kids had tickets for boxing day 21. Exchanged them for tickets for this Sunday's performance.

Now we need to decide whether to exchange them for next year, Boxing day 23 or get refund.

Decisions decisions.

Covid-19 hospitalisations have begun falling in South Africa after a rapid spike last month following the discovery of the Omicron variant.

In what The Telegraphdescribed as “good news for other regions battling the new variant”, the number of people in hospital with coronavirus dropped by 25% to 5,600 last week, according to data released by the National Institute for Communicable Diseases in Johannesburg.

The latest figures also show that just “8,515 people tested positive in the past 23 hours, down from 13,992 last Monday”, said the Daily Mail – the biggest drop since the variant hit the country.

Omicron has “overtaken its predecessor, the Delta variant, to become the most common form of the Covid virus circulating in South Africa”, News24 reported.

But a drop in infections and hospitalisation supports “reports indicating that the new highly mutated variant may not be as severe as other forms of Covid-19”, The Telegraph added.

Edited by Boy Daniel

Geoff Kilpatrick
3 minutes ago, coconut doug said:

These things are not in my opinion, they are demonstrable facts. You said "but there's STILL no increase in hospital admissions.". Your statement is not true as the statistics i posted showed an increase in hospitalisations of 232 in one day.  

check for yourself  https://www.travellingtabby.com/uk-coronavirus-tracker/ or maybe you can find a source to support your claim.

I had a look at your source and it increased but it seems to be a slow, linear upwards trend as opposed to an exponential trend. If Omicron is growing exponentially as fast as has been claimed, it is definitely not turning into a similar trend in hospitalisation.

Malinga the Swinga

Covid-19 hospitalisations have begun falling in South Africa after a rapid spike last month following the discovery of the Omicron variant.

The risk of being infected with Delta and Omicron at the same time

Omicron: the symptoms and key differences from a cold

The claims about the UK’s first Omicron death

In what The Telegraphdescribed as “good news for other regions battling the new variant”, the number of people in hospital with coronavirus dropped by 25% to 5,600 last week, according to data released by the National Institute for Communicable Diseases in Johannesburg.

The latest figures also show that just “8,515 people tested positive in the past 23 hours, down from 13,992 last Monday”, said the Daily Mail – the biggest drop since the variant hit the country.

Omicron has “overtaken its predecessor, the Delta variant, to become the most common form of the Covid virus circulating in South Africa”, News24 reported.

But a drop in infections and hospitalisation supports “reports indicating that the new highly mutated variant may not be as severe as other forms of Covid-19”, The Telegraph added.

I can feel a cease and desist note winging it's way to you.

9 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

He lifted an article from someone who is better qualified than you. Why don't you contact East Anglia uni and demand he retract comments as you know they are false. 

I'm sure they, like everyone else who reads your opinions, will act immediately.

Immediately after they stop laughing and pick themselves of the floor.

I never claimed any comments were false. I said the claim that hospitalisations had not gone up was false. I don't know what is going to happen in the future but i can check official figures to see what has happened in the past. 

I think the academic might be wrong primarily because of the interpretation of figures given by ff but also because of the current concentration of Omicron in the south east. I may be wrong but i'm prepared to bet that i am not. What about you do you have an opinion or are you going with the Daily Mail?

1 minute ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Correction - there is no known precedent. Virology is a relatively new branch of science because scientists could only hypothesise in history. The common cold is a good example. We've no idea where it came from and we've no idea if it killed people when it first appeared but now a cold is just a pain in the backside. So I take your point but it needs to be qualified.

However, it isn't "Facebook science" when lab tests are showing that this variant is not growing as fast in lung tissue. From that, you can hypothesise that it is "milder". Again, it doesn't detract from the point that the statistical comparison between the emergence of Delta and the emergence of Omicron had led to widely different conclusions by the same point in time. Given that it is accepted that Omicron transmits faster and therefore has a shorter incubation period than Delta, you could also hypothesise that Omicron after n weeks should be ahead of Delta in its emergence as well.

I agree with most of that.  It goes to show that the studies into any comparative virulence will take time.  They need to tease out immunisation and attempt to study on a like for like basis.  There is some encouragement from the data about slower replication in the lungs.

I think it's always important to highlight the difference between a milder virus and a virus of milder effect.  The former presents a false overview of (known) scientific understanding.  The latter seems to be the realistic approach to theorise what will happen as this virus recedes into an endemic and (hopefully) background state.

It's a moot point really.  As long as we build and sustain the immunisation part of the equation,  without the virus becoming practically worse in virulence,  progress will be made.

9 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Theres an old saying, ' there is a first time for everything'.

There was a time when a heart transplant had never been seen. Now commonplace

There was a time when blood transfusions had never been seen. Now commonplace.

There was a time cloning had never been seen. Dolly the sheep blew that apart.

There's many other examples.

Maybe this is the first time a virus is reducing in virulence.

Yeah.  Why not.  Scientific discoveries are made.  They are never assumed or guessed upon without rigourous study.

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )