Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

11 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

And Boris would have done the same if he wasn't hamstrung by his own MP's.

He's hamstrung by his Party and his parties. It's a situation that has gone beyond ridiculous. 

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Footballfirst
12 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

And Boris would have done the same if he wasn't hamstrung by his own MP's.

He may well do the same.

All he has said is that there will be no new restrictions before Christmas Day, the same situation as in Scotland and in the other devolved nations.

1 hour ago, Ray Gin said:

It has however saved tens of thousands of lives, and even more from suffering long term illness.

In the past yes I agree but now and in the future having had 3 doses I’m still curtailed in what I can do. These jabs were meant to help out if these recurring lock downs. 

Nice to take a wee break over the weekend . Feeling very refreshed and raring to go again.

Staff night out was brilliant. Poor restaurant had lost 60& of their bookings for that
night so it meant we just ensured our liquor bill compensated for that. Pubs busy later. People out ignoring the diktats from Elsie

Im Gobsmacked but not surprised  at the excuses from some on this regarding the restrictions today or  " lockdown lite" as I would call it.

Same people arguing its for our own good. Same people who agreed with her prediction of a  " tsunami" prediction a few weeks back. 

Still waiting.

Its been nearly 4 weeks since the first omicron infections arrived in the UK'

Hospital admissions . deaths and ICU static. 

So she decides to close outdoor places ?  Talk about " upside down " thinking as Victorian memorably described my thinking style.  I dont mind a bit of shade as long as its witty. That was. 

She's also very slekit .  Advising people not to go out and enjoy themselves the last few weeks and now has totally  decked up businesses but doesn't have to
pay them any cash as it was just advice.  Despicable.

Zero sympathy and decks given to any SNP supporters  bemoaning the new restrictions today. Even less on those moaning about having had the  3 jabs and thought that was out  "get out of jail card " . It isn't. 

The main thing which really angers me is her lack of hope. She never has. its always a rainy day with her. Especially at Xmas time too. People getting set to have  a great time. Making plans and looking forward to things.  What's the point of living if you cant make plans ? Look forward to things?  Hardly any.

Some trying to put a brave face on the new restrictions by stating   " it could be worse"  my view is NO " it could be better " that's my way of thinking. 

What a mess. 269635586_5096490623716662_6356922800609651663_n.jpg.18946fe8d22e347829237a135ad5b212.jpg

2 minutes ago, Savage Vince said:

He's hamstrung by his Party and his parties. It's a situation that has gone beyond ridiculous. 

Indeed. He's a fecking eejit.

1 minute ago, Footballfirst said:

He may well do the same.

All he has said is that there will be no new restrictions before Christmas Day, the same situation as in Scotland and in the other devolved nations.

Yep, his scientists will be telling him to do the same but if he did what NS did, he'd have a vote of no confidence against him, 100%. 

1 hour ago, Savage Vince said:

The UK government had ZERO political capital. Johnson is totally at the mercy of his own recent, usual cluster**** of selfish ****wittery. Everything they're doing, or not doing, is for themselves now. They'll announce the same, if not stricter, restrictions on Friday and then slither off over Christmas and keep their heads down.

Footballfirst
49 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Sweden.

From the Beeb

.....  and Sweden announced Tuesday it would expand vaccine certificates, urge people to work from home and limit attendees at private parties and in public venues.

Malinga the Swinga
44 minutes ago, Victorian said:

That's the thing with Sturgeon and the SNP.  They're clearly spending political capital here.  Not making it.  They'll be fully aware that they're risking political damage.

Yet they're still making the calls.

Tell me,  what has Boris decided to do?

They aren't really though. Their supporters blame Boris, as they do if there milk goes off, and Westminster whilst lauding SNP from rooftops.

What has Boris, great whataboutery though, got to do with devolved health on Scotland?

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
30 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Hmm, can't say I don't empathise with that outlook if I'm honest.

There was a poster on the passport thread salivating at the thought of the unvaccinated being thrown into “meat wagons” :lol:

2 minutes ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

There was a poster on the passport thread salivating at the thought of the unvaccinated being thrown into “meat wagons” :lol:

Oh yes i recall that. LOL 

Malinga the Swinga
34 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

I didn't see it but the usual suspects on here venting their spleen at Sturgeon! Somethings never change!

And the usual posters defending her every move.

Something's never change!

Nucky Thompson
42 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Stop slavering.

Where did I say that?

Read my post about going to my local .

That would be down the swanny too if she had more money

3 minutes ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

Loonies on each side of the fence I guess.

Malinga the Swinga
43 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Yes. Putting elderly patients back in to care homes without doing adequate testing.

Why did you quote me on the advance notice post if you didn't want me to criticise her for that?

Cause it was your most recent one.

Lord Montpelier
22 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Nice to take a wee break over the weekend . Feeling very refreshed and raring to go again.

Staff night out was brilliant. Poor restaurant had lost 60& of their bookings for that
night so it meant we just ensured our liquor bill compensated for that. Pubs busy later. People out ignoring the diktats from Elsie

Im Gobsmacked but not surprised  at the excuses from some on this regarding the restrictions today or  " lockdown lite" as I would call it.

Same people arguing its for our own good. Same people who agreed with her prediction of a  " tsunami" prediction a few weeks back. 

Still waiting.

Its been nearly 4 weeks since the first omicron infections arrived in the UK'

Hospital admissions . deaths and ICU static. 

So she decides to close outdoor places ?  Talk about " upside down " thinking as Victorian memorably described my thinking style.  I dont mind a bit of shade as long as its witty. That was. 

She's also very slekit .  Advising people not to go out and enjoy themselves the last few weeks and now has totally  decked up businesses but doesn't have to
pay them any cash as it was just advice.  Despicable.

Zero sympathy and decks given to any SNP supporters  bemoaning the new restrictions today. Even less on those moaning about having had the  3 jabs and thought that was out  "get out of jail card " . It isn't. 

The main thing which really angers me is her lack of hope. She never has. its always a rainy day with her. Especially at Xmas time too. People getting set to have  a great time. Making plans and looking forward to things.  What's the point of living if you cant make plans ? Look forward to things?  Hardly any.

Some trying to put a brave face on the new restrictions by stating   " it could be worse"  my view is NO " it could be better " that's my way of thinking. 

What a mess. 269635586_5096490623716662_6356922800609651663_n.jpg.18946fe8d22e347829237a135ad5b212.jpg

Looking into her beady little eyes on the TV tonight feels like looking into someone with no soul. No heart, takes little enjoyment from life, enjoys power and control, and is happy to exert it on a whim to suck out the spirit and positivity of others . We are truly now led by the worst of us (Johnson included btw)

Malinga the Swinga
55 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Sturgeon do something, bad. Sturgeon don't do anything, bad! 

Sturgeon do something, good. Sturgeon don't do anything, good!

4 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

They aren't really though. Their supporters blame Boris, as they do if there milk goes off, and Westminster whilst lauding SNP from rooftops.

What has Boris, great whataboutery though, got to do with devolved health on Scotland?

They're making the public health calls on their own merits and,  more crucially,  in the full knowledge that these decisions are a real risk to their political capital.  Without asking anyone to agree or disagree with the decisions,  you can't get decision making any more free of other influences.  Purity of decision and decisive courage.

Just now, Lord Montpelier said:

Looking into her beady little eyes on the TV tonight feels like looking into someone with no soul. No heart, takes little enjoyment from life, enjoys power and control, and is happy to exert it on a whim to suck out the spirit and positivity of others . We are truly now led by the worst of us (Johnson included btw)

She lacks any form of likeability. She lacks compassion . warmth and empathy.  She has zero interpersonal skills. . That's how she presents herself.  Watch her on mute and observe her grimaces and angry contorted expressions. Its scary 

The Real Maroonblood
5 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

That would be down the swanny too if she had more money

I’ll worry about that if it happens.

There’s no point in worrying about what may happen.

👍🍺

In my social circle those employed by the council or other government agencies dont care.

And some are loving it.

They get paid regardless.

Where as everyone else dreads being locked down or pinged.

The impact on wealth creation has impact on those who rely on the creation of wealth.

And its impact on other health matters.

And the political point scoring from Sturgeon was cringe.

Fekin tinpot

1 hour ago, JackLadd said:

The point of the vaccine and booster is you have a very mild infection if exposed.

We were also told if we wanted to return to a normal life then vaccines were the silver bullet!!!

not the case 

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
7 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Loonies on each side of the fence I guess.

Definitely - genuinely don’t know if the L-word is appropriate anymore so whatever is the appropriate version meant in the same non-offensive way

:)

1 minute ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

I’ll worry about that if it happens.

There’s no point in worrying about what may happen.

👍🍺

Yet we are being shut down because of worrying what might happen.

Alright you enjoying yer beer but there is some of us who are wondering wtf ?

Malinga the Swinga
2 minutes ago, Victorian said:

They're making the public health calls on their own merits and,  more crucially,  in the full knowledge that these decisions are a real risk to their political capital.  Without asking anyone to agree or disagree with the decisions,  you can't get decision making any more free of other influences.  Purity of decision and decisive courage.

What a load of drivel. Did you actually cum when you thought that up? They have made call now, while numbers are relatively stable, in the knowledge that if they don't increase as forecast, they will take credit by way of restrictions. We will never know what would happened of they had kept their nerve.

NS and SNP haven't made one decision without considering the pros and cons politically.

Complete dereliction of duty and lack of courage.

The Real Maroonblood
Just now, Ked said:

Yet we are being shut down because of worrying what might happen.

Alright you enjoying yer beer but there is some of us who are wondering wtf ?

I accept everybody’s situation is different.

Malinga the Swinga
3 minutes ago, Ked said:

In my social circle those employed by the council or other government agencies dont care.

And some are loving it.

They get paid regardless.

Where as everyone else dreads being locked down or pinged.

The impact on wealth creation has impact on those who rely on the creation of wealth.

And its impact on other health matters.

And the political point scoring from Sturgeon was cringe.

Fekin tinpot

Public sector are having a ball. Jobs protected, easy life and **** all pressure. 

Sturgeon gleefully announcing that the SG will find money to out give the UK .

Aye nae bother Nicola I've never been in the hoose the last year working to make up shortfalls for other family.

And you willy nilly tax me at 40%.

Fekin overtime you found no extra money .

You took it out our pockets and others to fantasise that your tinpot govt created some wealth.

What a bam

No doubt the bams will applaud you.

Malinga the Swinga
7 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Winter break to be brought forward by the look of it.  Absolutely the right call.   

Well, that remains to be seen. Let's see how long this break lasts. They have previously for promising one thing and delivering another 

3 hours ago, escobri said:

I desire nothing of the sort, and it's also a bit prickish of you to suggest this. Glad to hear you are of good health Tony 🐅 .

Only an hour previously you posted this:

Biden has told the unvaccinated in America to expect death this winter, should cheer a few up on here if they were to die.

Edited by FWJ

1 minute ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

What a load of drivel. Did you actually cum when you thought that up? They have made call now, while numbers are relatively stable, in the knowledge that if they don't increase as forecast, they will take credit by way of restrictions. We will never know what would happened of they had kept their nerve.

NS and SNP haven't made one decision without considering the pros and cons politically.

Complete dereliction of duty and lack of courage.

Yeah that's not very helpful.  I'll focus on the stuff after the rant.

No I do actually think this call has been made despite a real prospect of political damage.  That's my honest view on it.  These decisions are inherently unpopular with large numbers of people.  There's absolutely no political capital to be gained here.  Only losses.

3 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

I accept everybody’s situation is different.

Loads of folk are.

Some are losing their livelihood

Some are not getting treatment

Some like me working like fek to get 60 fekin pence in the pound .

No high earner just at it.

And that idiot spraffs away like shes the magic fairy growing money on trees  

Malinga the Swinga
1 minute ago, Ked said:

Aye nae bother Nicola I've never been in the hoose the last year working to make up shortfalls for other family.

You took it out our pockets and others to fantasise that your tinpot govt created some wealth.

What a bam

It's what appeals to her jakeball core support. Free this, free that and all the time we are paying for it. 

Not like she has any family concerns herself, just and and Mr Murrell raking in the dough. **** up country for generations to come and it won't bother her.

2 minutes ago, Ked said:

What a bam

Yes she seems to forget that all this " free money " is actually borrowed money .  Whos paying it back? Yes thats right . You and me. Not some of her layabout support. 

1 minute ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

Definitely - genuinely don’t know if the L-word is appropriate anymore so whatever is the appropriate version meant in the same non-offensive way

:)

News to me (even as an avid Guardian reader!), but will moderate it's usage in future 👍

5 minutes ago, Ked said:

What a bam

41% she taxes us here 

always needs to be different from England 😡

Well,  when your default position towards Sturgeon is rabid bitterness,  you're not likely to view anything she does as anything other than negative or for her own gain.  Your appaprent incredulity is not unexpected.

Edited by Victorian

The Real Maroonblood
3 minutes ago, Ked said:

Loads of folk are.

Some are losing their livelihood

Some are not getting treatment

Some like me working like fek to get 60 fekin pence in the pound .

No high earner just at it.

And that idiot spraffs away like shes the magic fairy growing money on trees  

Certainly hard times for a lot of people.

Malinga the Swinga
3 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Yeah that's not very helpful.  I'll focus on the stuff after the rant.

No I do actually think this call has been made despite a real prospect of political damage.  That's my honest view on it.  These decisions are inherently unpopular with large numbers of people.  There's absolutely no political capital to be gained here.  Only losses.

If that's what you truly believe, and not for one second do I think it is, then god help you.

Political gain is what she's looking for, the snidey comments on Westminster, the promise of finding and giving away money to get her core support on board, knowing full well it won't be them that pays for it.

She sees this as chance to promote her image as the great carer, when in reality, she cares only for her and her husband's ideals and bank balance. A marriage of convenience between a party desperate for a leadership figure and a couple desperate for a vehicle to give them power.

The Biden stuff is interesting.

"But it's here now and it's spreading and it's gonna increase. ... We are looking at a winter of severe illness and death for the unvaccinated -- for themselves, their families and the hospitals they'll soon overwhelm."

This from a guy who said you couldn't catch Covid if you're vaccinated. I'd be willing to bet the majority of the unvaccinated do not have a winter of severe illness and death.

Just when Boris and co look like they're too much to handle, Biden pops up to remind us it could be worse.

2 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

If that's what you truly believe, and not for one second do I think it is, then god help you.

Political gain is what she's looking for, the snidey comments on Westminster, the promise of finding and giving away money to get her core support on board, knowing full well it won't be them that pays for it.

She sees this as chance to promote her image as the great carer, when in reality, she cares only for her and her husband's ideals and bank balance. A marriage of convenience between a party desperate for a leadership figure and a couple desperate for a vehicle to give them power.

Not buying any of that.  Sorry.

These are decisions for public health purposes imo.  No point arguing it further.  You're entitled to your view.

Edited by Victorian

The Real Maroonblood
Just now, Savage Vince said:

It'll be the 26th then, 27th at the latest. Which is a bigger shambles. 😊

The Xmas shite carries on.

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )