Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

1 minute ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Go on, criticise her once, just once. She won't ever find out. Promise we won't tell.

They give a few days notice in England, Wales and Northern Ireland too. 

Imagine seething about people being given advance notice of something.

:vrface:

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, Nucky Thompson said:

Another 90k cases in the UK, a slight drop from yesterday

The cases and hospital numbers do not justify Sturgeon's incoherent action. Nor does the science of outdoor events. She is out to wreck the game here the spiteful midden.

30 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

You're not alone in feeling all these things mate. I'm caught between feeling absolutely deflated and pissed off in equal measures. Football and social interactions are a massive part of the mental health of a significant section of Scottish society and snatching that away is a dangerous game to play. Especially around about Christmas when other factors can lead to a further deterioration. 

She's went after the soft target here, when there's (as far as I know, maybe someone can provide me with some) no evidence that football is a major factor in the spread of the disease, more so than (as you say) piling into Christmas markets, pubs, restaurants, shops, etc. Jason Leitch reckoned that it wasn't the grounds that were the issue, it was the travel to and from. Because people wouldn't think of using public transport to get into any large town/city in this country right enough. It just ****ing stinks.

The last 21 months have been the worst of my long life and when this is all over and I look back on it my everlasting nightmare will be the vision of Sturgeon, standing cross armed, frowning and raising her eyebrows at anyone who has the cheek to question her superiority on anything. 

4 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Another 90k cases in the UK, a slight drop from yesterday

There's issues with processing tests.  With exponential growth those figures don't add up.  Think symptomatic people have given up being tested   

2 minutes ago, cannonfoda said:

There's issues with processing tests.  With exponential growth those figures don't add up.  Think symptomatic people have given up being tested   

There are very likely large numbers who won't risk a LFT/ PCR test before Christmas. 

The numbers this time next week could be off the scale (not that 90000 a day isn't already, mind you).

Edited by Savage Vince

9 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Go on, criticise her once, just once. She won't ever find out. Promise we won't tell.

I think it is Nicola posting tbh 

Lord Montpelier
4 minutes ago, henryheart said:

The last 21 months have been the worst of my long life and when this is all over and I look back on it my everlasting nightmare will be the vision of Sturgeon, standing cross armed, frowning and raising her eyebrows at anyone who has the cheek to question her superiority on anything. 

History will not judge her kindly. And before anyone jumps on this, will be the same with Jonhson and Drakeford.

6 minutes ago, henryheart said:

She’s a wee boot!!! Wish she’d just feck off up to Stirling with her bint 

2 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

The cases and hospital numbers do not justify Sturgeon's incoherent action. Nor does the science of outdoor events. She is out to wreck the game here the spiteful midden.

They don't.  And throughout all the political and scientific pant wetting about Omicron- a reaction that still astonishes SA experts - hospital and death figures continue to flatline. 

There is absolutely no evidence to even contemplate introducing restrictions nor **** about with peoples plans over Xmas and New Year.

Sturgeon is a dangerous individual and, with poor opposition and backbenchers who are unable to criticise, challenge or oppose, it will take the publuc to send her a clear signal.

A girl I work with wfh has had it this week and kept on working. She had a sniffle for two days. There is no evidence this variant is anything more dangerous than that to the vaccinated and if there was then the pubs and restaurants would be closed. This is Sturgeon trying to look good and picking the easiest target to hog the headlines. Fact is it's not based on anything but her politics 

3 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

A girl I work with wfh has had it this week and kept on working. She had a sniffle for two days. There is no evidence this variant is anything more dangerous than that to the vaccinated and if there was then the pubs and restaurants would be closed. This is Sturgeon trying to look good and picking the easiest target to hog the headlines. Fact is it's not based on anything but her politics 

Why are other countries imposing harsh measures then? 

Nucky Thompson
8 minutes ago, Savage Vince said:

Deaths creeping up too. 😕

Up 0.9% week on week on date reported, but if you look at date of death, it's only been over a hundred once in 8 days.

It might lag a wee bit, but look at the data on date of death for the last 2 weeks. It's heading down a good bit

Nucky Thompson
13 minutes ago, cannonfoda said:

Tests conducted are up 24.5% week on week, so we are actually testing more people. This is UK wide figures 

The White Cockade
8 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Do the Netherlands have an SNP Government?

4 minutes ago, Savage Vince said:

Europe was miles behind the UK at vaccinating the population, again with boosters and with less immunity. It's still the wrong decision in those countries too.

1 minute ago, The White Cockade said:

Do the Netherlands have an SNP Government?

We should be following what the UK govt orders on this, not Sturgeon and her tinpot politicking 

3 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Tests conducted are up 24.5% week on week, so we are actually testing more people. This is UK wide figures 

Yes, they peaked at 93k due to higher testing and will likely drop back to bobbing around 40k soon enough. Unless you believe the chinless wonders who are predicting 2million cases a day.🤣🤣

1 minute ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Europe was miles behind the UK at vaccinating the population, again with boosters and with less immunity. It's still the wrong decision in those countries too.

What leaders are making the right decisions? 

1 minute ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

100%. 

9 minutes ago, Savage Vince said:

They're less well positioned to deal with it 

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.11.10.21266166v2.full-text

Modelled on Delta but given were not to assume this is more mile, nor more virulent then it's the best you'll likely get currently.

Just now, JackLadd said:

We should be following what the UK govt orders on this, not Sturgeon and her tinpot politicking 

The UK government had ZERO political capital. Johnson is totally at the mercy of his own recent, usual cluster**** of selfish ****wittery. Everything they're doing, or not doing, is for themselves now. They'll announce the same, if not stricter, restrictions on Friday and then slither off over Christmas and keep their heads down.

1 minute ago, JackLadd said:

I disagree - this is not based on politics. It's based on fear.

The collective government/advisors are scared out of their mind that the NHS will be overloaded. Nicola Sturgeon is a lot of things (good/bad) but she's been clear that protecting the NHS/staffing the NHS is the priority. 

The statement today made a short reference that the government saw staffing of football/rugby events as a problem due to staff in the emergency services having to isolate/recover from Covid.

Football is being made to suffer so that emergency services suffer less. 

Objectively it is not a political decision, pragmatically (with reference to sustaining emergency services) it is understandable.

I do agree that there is not enough evidence to show this variant is more dangerous (at this point in time). I do believe that the modelling needs to be adjusted because hospitalisations are not ramping in the same way as Delta. I think that this variant could be how we move on from Covid if many more people catch/recover because of spread/increases herd immunity.

In grand scheme of things, these new restrictions are **** all. They could be a lot worse, and I wouldn't be all that surprised if the restrictions harden. The period between Christmas and NY is key. If hospitalisations stay steady, we might just get through this with what we have in place now.

A lot of people understandably frustrated, angry, fed up etc etc. But it is what it is. We need to focus 2022 on vaccinating the world and ending the pandemic, once and for all. I honestly believe this is covid's last hurrah, before we start to see the back of it. We are just in a bumpy transition. Keep the faith.

7 minutes ago, Mysterion said:

I disagree - this is not based on politics. It's based on fear.

The collective government/advisors are scared out of their mind that the NHS will be overloaded. Nicola Sturgeon is a lot of things (good/bad) but she's been clear that protecting the NHS/staffing the NHS is the priority. 

The statement today made a short reference that the government saw staffing of football/rugby events as a problem due to staff in the emergency services having to isolate/recover from Covid.

Football is being made to suffer so that emergency services suffer less. 

Objectively it is not a political decision, pragmatically (with reference to sustaining emergency services) it is understandable.

I do agree that there is not enough evidence to show this variant is more dangerous (at this point in time). I do believe that the modelling needs to be adjusted because hospitalisations are not ramping in the same way as Delta. I think that this variant could be how we move on from Covid if many more people catch/recover because of spread/increases herd immunity.

Good post. I also think this is covids last serious performance. Science will catch up again and take over, sustainably.

5 minutes ago, Savage Vince said:

What leaders are making the right decisions? 

Scott Morrison of Australia? Says we can't keep imposing the "heavy hand of the state" in response to Covid. People should be "free to live their lives and make their own risk assessments"

Just now, Enzo Chiefo said:

Scott Morrison of Australia? Says we can't keep imposing the "heavy hand of the state" in response to Covid. People should be "free to live their lives and make their own risk assessments"

Australia 😊

A few angry racists have been outed on here in the last couple of days 😂. Sad news about further restrictions in the Celtic triangle, but no doubt will be coming to rUK soon. Every one keep calm

Malinga the Swinga
29 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

They give a few days notice in England, Wales and Northern Ireland too. 

Imagine seething about people being given advance notice of something.

:vrface:

Excellent attempt at deflection, but I'm not seething. In fact, I wasn't going to game tomorrow so it's no impact on me whatsoever.

Still can't bear to criticise NS. Are you Peter Murrell?

6 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Agree totally and for about 5 minutes, it looked like it could happen.

Then those involved, and that's all if them, decided that playing party politics was more important than the country.

From Johnson to Sturgeon, Ross to Blackford and including all parties, the behaviour of our governments has been shameful.

After first lockdown, they threw themselves into point scoring, petty squabbles and campaigning instead of focussing attention on those impacted, either individually, through families and entire industries.

All parties have set rules for us and then ignored them themselves, whilst refusing to take or accept responsibility.

They are accountable to us, yet act as if it's the other way round.

I only wish that people wouldn't be blinded by their ambitions and recognise the complete failure of politicians throughout UK.

Best post on this thread imo. 👏👏

Also applies to a few posters on here with their blind loyalty or hatred of certain political figures,  which seems to have an effect at looking objectively   at different opinions/ solutions throughout the pandemic. 

3 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

😱 Where the hell did I say that ????   . I never ever said that and never would. You are a fekin disgrace. Be very very careful what you put next. For the 3rd time you call me out wrongly as a racist. When have I said a racist comment ? Never . Because I am not a racist you absolute bellend.   Let me keep this simple as I can for your feeble mind ….I AM NOT RACIST…….  I am blocking you and you are duly reported. 

Square go Enoch 🤣

Footballfirst

Some people who are baulking at today's announcement appear have a short memory of what "lockdown" actually entailed.

Schools shut

Non essential shops shut

Hospitality shut

Venues shut

Football stopped

Holidays/Flights cancelled

Household mixing stopped

Exercise limited to your locality

No travel outside your council area.

We have moved on a huge amount since those dark days.

Edited by Footballfirst

Malinga the Swinga
5 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Damn you finding one. You're expected to say none.

1 minute ago, Footballfirst said:

Some people who are baulking at today's announcement appear have a short memory of what "lockdown" actually entailed.

Schools shut

Non essential shops shut

Hospitality shut

Venues shut

Football stopped

Household mixing stopped

Exercise limited to your locality

No travel outside your council area.

We have moved on a huge amount since those dark days.

You're dealing with manchildren.

Footballfirst
7 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

His words aren't backed up across the country with their ongoing travel restrictions, quarantine, even between states.

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, Nucky Thompson said:

This is what happens when she begs more cash from the Treasury.

It could have been a lot worse if she had more money and God forbid, we were an independent country.

:4_1_72:

4 hours ago, Savage Vince said:

I'm almost certain that you don't hate racists at all. 😉

Take that back, you better watch what you say next, where did I fekin say that, I am blocking you and your are duly reported... I really don't like racists, its a very unattractive quality in a human don't you think.

11 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Excellent attempt at deflection, but I'm not seething. In fact, I wasn't going to game tomorrow so it's no impact on me whatsoever.

Still can't bear to criticise NS. Are you Peter Murrell?

How am I deflecting? You're asking me to criticise her for giving people advance notice. It's absurd.

I won't be criticising Sturgeon  Johnson, Drakeford or Given for doing this.

22 minutes ago, Savage Vince said:

The UK government had ZERO political capital. Johnson is totally at the mercy of his own recent, usual cluster**** of selfish ****wittery. Everything they're doing, or not doing, is for themselves now. They'll announce the same, if not stricter, restrictions on Friday and then slither off over Christmas and keep their heads down.

What political capital does Sturgeon have?  🤔

10 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Did I quote your post? I think not.

It’s ok leave it as I thought you were referring to certain posts, but I was mistaken I think 🤔 

What a shower of jellyfish.  Some people have given up and all they can do is moan incoherently and dribble non-scientific drivel about South Africa.

I'm not happy to see restrictions but if it helps our frontline healthcare people for a while then so-be-it.

Miss the football for a few weeks and it's man-baby armageddon. 

Just now, Victorian said:

What a shower of jellyfish.  Some people have given up and all they can do is moan incoherently and dribble non-scientific drivel about South Africa.

I'm not happy to see restrictions but if it helps our frontline healthcare people for a while then so-be-it.

Ah, taking your medicine like a good snp fit sudjer. Good on you min.

Just now, JackLadd said:

Ah, taking your medicine like a good snp fit sudjer. Good on you min.

See that man-baby thing? You're the biggest on this thread. And that's saying something. 

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, Savage Vince said:

See that man-baby thing? You're the biggest on this thread. And that's saying something. 

Fair comment.

4 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Have hospitalisations gone up? Must have missed it?

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )