Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

11 minutes ago, GBJambo said:

Can still spread even if you are fully jabbed 

A nonsense and the mammy sturgeon can do one. The clubs should tell her to gtf.

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

18 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Just wait until the backbench SNP zealots and maniacs rebel and force the leader to backtrack or face being ousted... oh hang on,  that's some other impotent government somewhere.

😁

9 minutes ago, SteauaNeedarest said:

So why bother getting it then?

I'm fully jabbed and boostered btw but the vaccine was meant to be the way out of this. It clearly isn't.

The vaccine is a way to keep the NHS from grinding to a complete halt with a huge numbers of very ill and dying patients. 

5 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

I’m afraid so.

5 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

Inside non professional sport. Not sure about if it is outside

3 minutes ago, Lord Montpelier said:

Think she has for a few weeks... but as far as I can tell you can still head along to church. Bizarre logic from the supreme leader

Cheers. Anyone know if corn exchange classed as indoor ? 

Christmas ruined again for  spending time with my wife’s family and potentially 5’s stopped. 🙄

The Mighty Thor
2 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

You just won't admit the devolved governments, particularly the Scottish one, have made mistakes.

No-one is disputing Johnson's hopeless, but that doesn't mean Scottish government can't be held to account.

Education/exam shambles, the pretence of closing border when they knew it wouldn't work, the airport quarantine shambles designed to be different, not effective, but just different, and the desperation to attend a COBRA meeting and then rush out to get on TV first, just to appear important.

The building of temporary hospitals, closing them and then saying we've no capacity, the shutting of EIC as vaccine centre, then having to reopen it, the blaming of students for spreading it, the slowness in getting covid passports online, the confusion over what's a cafe and what's a restaurant, the open defiance to being asked questions during press conferences, and there are many others.

Add in the tier fiasco and the unwillingness to place Glasgow in bottom tier, due to not wanting to offend her home town 

I think you'll find I said they've all buggered things up, because that's what I said.

All the things in your list are mistakes that were replicated in all the administrations. 

You missed killing the pensioners by discharging them into the care homes with covid. 

MaskedMarauder

Can’t remember ever feeling so ******* deflated in recent memory as I am right now. Football over Xmas was the one thing keeping me going, as it will have been for so many people around the country, and she’s just taken it away in the blink of an eye. Feel like I’m in the midst of a complete and utter meltdown right now. **** all of this. 

Mingling indoors with whoever you want at Christmas, lining city centres for Boxing Day sales etc … all fine. But outdoor events, where you need to show proof of vaccination and/or negative tests, are a massive no-go. 

Also how can she possibly even justify this 500 capacity NONSENSE? So Dumbarton can have 500 fans packed into one stand, yet teams like us, Hibs, Aberdeen and the Old Firm would be limited to 500 people in 20,000+ seater stadiums. Ridiculous 

21 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

If you've had the double vax and booster you should be able to go the football. A total nonsense this. 

exactly. 
what happens if folk continue to refuse ? The rest of us have this shit forevermore ? It’s pathetic.

For the derby we will all be watching in a house now. Enclosed. All triple jagged so she can GTF

Edited by 1971fozzy

This whole thing is just enormously depressing once again. All my decent festive plans like the football and horse racing cancelled.

Wash your hands, get your vaccine, wear masks everywhere, get another vaccine, get your vaccine passport, take tests before you go anywhere, get another vaccine.
Yet still end up back with a whole host of restrictions and told to stay in your house. Vaccines were meant to end this remember?

16 minutes ago, SteauaNeedarest said:

I'm fully jabbed and boostered btw but the vaccine was meant to be the way out of this. It clearly isn't.

This is where I’m at. Big fanfare and push then whip the rug from under you. 

Lord Montpelier
1 minute ago, SteauaNeedarest said:

This whole thing is just enormously depressing once again. All my decent festive plans like the football and horse racing cancelled.

Wash your hands, get your vaccine, wear masks everywhere, get another vaccine, get your vaccine passport, take tests before you go anywhere, get another vaccine.
Yet still end up back with a whole host of restrictions and told to stay in your house. Vaccines were meant to end this remember?

Correct. Was all about the vaccine. And now... its all about the politicians and their behavioural scientist pals alongside the scientific doom and gloom merchants  . 

1 minute ago, Lord BJ said:

Not that my view count but would say corn exchange indoors. Walls and roof I guess, if any doubt I expect the SG will take cautious option.

Somewhere like powerleague at Sighthill could be option a few other outdoor parks. Either that are shirts for goalposts style.

im meant to be flying to Italy on 27th can’t make up mind to go or not.

We put off going away to spend time with the in laws in England this year as didn’t see them last Christmas. Big Christmas dinner played for the 27th. 🙄 Wife will be gutted. 

Nucky Thompson

This is what happens when she begs more cash from the Treasury.

It could have been a lot worse if she had more money and God forbid, we were an independent country.

I haven’t in the past objected to any off the regulations but this is just ridiculous. She has gone power crazy now and over reacted. 
The science they are using for this variant is flimsy at best and there has been no consideration given to the SA figures which show something completely different to what we are basing ours on. 
Dictatorial over kill. 

22 minutes ago, SteauaNeedarest said:

So why bother getting it then?

This is where i am, what's the point, how many boosters? 4,5,6...........7

Sick of it

You can catch the new variant if fully vaccinated and boosted. Reducing contact with others will reduce the spread, that’s fine - then what? It’s not just going to go away so will simply take off again as soon as we’re allowed to mix again. 

What’s the long term strategy? Is there one? 

1 minute ago, connlach said:

You can still be at a wedding with no restrictions so anyone up for getting married at the Derby?

And divorce at the Derby?

24 minutes ago, Costanza said:

Just call the league now we're in third*

Screws Celtic, Hibs miss out on Europe and Ross County get sucked into the playoffs. 

*I'm joking of course. It doesn't relegate Dundee.

Almost the perfect storm. 😀

2 minutes ago, skinnybob72 said:

You can catch the new variant if fully vaccinated and boosted. Reducing contact with others will reduce the spread, that’s fine - then what? It’s not just going to go away so will simply take off again as soon as we’re allowed to mix again. 

There isn’t one. This isn’t going away and we will be in the same place this time next year when there is another variant 

3 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Cannae be ersed listening to her now. 

i/we have complied for nearly two years and to what end? Basically all we have done has not in anyway made life easier. 

36 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Just wait until the backbench SNP zealots and maniacs rebel and force the leader to backtrack or face being ousted... oh hang on,  that's some other impotent government somewhere.

They're literally breaking SNP rules if they do speak out.

Backbenchers holding a govt to account is the sign of a healthy democracy.

7 minutes ago, skinnybob72 said:

You’re new to Nicola’s 3 week circuit breakers aren’t you ? 😂 

15 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

Cannae be ersed listening to her now. 

i/we have complied for nearly two years and to what end? Basically all we have done has not in anyway made life easier. 

This

The Hogfather
24 minutes ago, MaskedMarauder said:

Can’t remember ever feeling so ******* deflated in recent memory as I am right now. Football over Xmas was the one thing keeping me going, as it will have been for so many people around the country, and she’s just taken it away in the blink of an eye. Feel like I’m in the midst of a complete and utter meltdown right now. **** all of this. 

Mingling indoors with whoever you want at Christmas, lining city centres for Boxing Day sales etc … all fine. But outdoor events, where you need to show proof of vaccination and/or negative tests, are a massive no-go. 

Also how can she possibly even justify this 500 capacity NONSENSE? So Dumbarton can have 500 fans packed into one stand, yet teams like us, Hibs, Aberdeen and the Old Firm would be limited to 500 people in 20,000+ seater stadiums. Ridiculous 

You're not alone in feeling all these things mate. I'm caught between feeling absolutely deflated and pissed off in equal measures. Football and social interactions are a massive part of the mental health of a significant section of Scottish society and snatching that away is a dangerous game to play. Especially around about Christmas when other factors can lead to a further deterioration. 

She's went after the soft target here, when there's (as far as I know, maybe someone can provide me with some) no evidence that football is a major factor in the spread of the disease, more so than (as you say) piling into Christmas markets, pubs, restaurants, shops, etc. Jason Leitch reckoned that it wasn't the grounds that were the issue, it was the travel to and from. Because people wouldn't think of using public transport to get into any large town/city in this country right enough. It just ****ing stinks.

Lord Montpelier
1 minute ago, Nunya Business said:

You're not alone in feeling all these things mate. I'm caught between feeling absolutely deflated and pissed off in equal measures. Football and social interactions are a massive part of the mental health of a significant section of Scottish society and snatching that away is a dangerous game to play. Especially around about Christmas when other factors can lead to a further deterioration. 

She's went after the soft target here, when there's (as far as I know, maybe someone can provide me with some) no evidence that football is a major factor in the spread of the disease, more so than (as you say) piling into Christmas markets, pubs, restaurants, shops, etc. Jason Leitch reckoned that it wasn't the grounds that were the issue, it was the travel to and from. Because people wouldn't think of using public transport to get into any large town/city in this country right enough. It just ****ing stinks.

She doesn't care about football and the positive aspects Nunya, i suspect she sees it as a stain on her vision for society. 

Shooter McGavin

We’re genuinely not getting out of this are we?

Vaccines, social distancing, restrictions, passports, boosters and zero progress made.

You can’t stop people from dying ffs.

25 minutes ago, Dazo said:

You’re new to Nicola’s 3 week circuit breakers aren’t you ? 😂 

Sadly not! This is the rolling 3 weeks that will go on until at least the end of March 

So this is what it has come to, basically snatching as much enjoyment and reason for existing in between the shit times. 

Possibly life that, but the ups and downs were far more balanced - and the major downers were further apart.

Not going to lie - I'm ****ing fed up.  

2 minutes ago, escobri said:

Do the 500 who will attend the big events still require vaccine passports/ negative test?

Guaranteed. 

12 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

I'm also curious why we can't have fans at Tynecastle on Sunday, but Hibs can have fans at Easter Road tomorrow.

Tomorrow is only 24 hours notice whereas Sunday is 5 days away.

10 minutes ago, escobri said:

Do the 500 who will attend the big events still require vaccine passports/ negative test?

8 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

Guaranteed. 

Aberdeen don't on basis crowd is under 10,000

43 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

It has however saved tens of thousands of lives, and even more from suffering long term illness.

20 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

We’re genuinely not getting out of this are we?

Vaccines, social distancing, restrictions, passports, boosters and zero progress made.

You can’t stop people from dying ffs.

Not this year we aren't. I'll be delighted if it's done this time next year. It was always likely that things would flare up again over the winter. The new variant hasn't helped matters.

The zero progress made isn't correct though. We have come a long way thanks to the vaccination program.

Malinga the Swinga
4 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

So what? If it is issue Boxing day, it's an interesting issue now. Thousands of fans started traveling Tuesday afternoon for Wednesday evening games have they.

The Hogfather
6 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

That's a flimsy excuse if Omicron is that much of a threat to us all.

It's depressing and feels like there are only 4 ways out of this:

1. We achieve herd immunity via the vaccine across the globe and minimise the chance of vaccine beating variants arising out of mass infection

2. We develop a vaccine that is resistant to all potential variants

3. Via vaccine and suppression we eliminate Covid19 completely

4. We accept it's endemic and accept a level of death and long term morbidity and hope via infection and boosters the impact wanes. Covid is more brutal than the Flu though, so think we would need boosters for all age groups and not just the over 50s like Flu.

Would be interested to know as a global collective how countries think we get out of this.

5 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

It has however saved tens of thousands of lives, and even more from suffering long term illness.

May be an image of text that says "SE I hope my government will let me go outside today. æ"

Malinga the Swinga
1 hour ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Do you think it's healthy that SNP backbenchers don't hold the government to account, but just clap along like trained sealions?

I'm not just talking about Covid restrictions

Of course they do, it's the ultimate fantasy for most of them, being under the direct Murrell rule. No questions allowed, follow the mantra.

Malinga the Swinga
1 hour ago, The Mighty Thor said:

I think you'll find I said they've all buggered things up, because that's what I said.

All the things in your list are mistakes that were replicated in all the administrations. 

You missed killing the pensioners by discharging them into the care homes with covid. 

Forgot about care homes, good spot.

Nucky Thompson
10 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Does omicron not get past passport control until Sunday 

Lord Montpelier
3 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Of course they do, it's the ultimate fantasy for most of them, being under the direct Murrell rule. No questions allowed, follow the mantra.

Yep. Genuinely do not recall one occasion where an SNP back bencher has dared step out of the party line and questioned the direction of their leaders, Covid or otherwise. Sycophants the lot of them.

manaliveits105
Just now, Lord Montpelier said:

Yep. Genuinely do not recall one occasion where an SNP back bencher has dared step out of the party line and questioned the direction of their leaders, Covid or otherwise. Sycophants the lot of them.

Nictatorship in action 

Malinga the Swinga
3 minutes ago, Costanza said:

It's depressing and feels like there are only 4 ways out of this:

1. We achieve herd immunity via the vaccine across the globe and minimise the chance of vaccine beating variants arising out of mass infection

2. We develop a vaccine that is resistant to all potential variants

3. Via vaccine and suppression we eliminate Covid19 completely

4. We accept it's endemic and accept a level of death and long term morbidity and hope via infection and boosters the impact wanes. Covid is more brutal than the Flu though, so think we would need boosters for all age groups and not just the over 50s like Flu.

Would be interested to know as a global collective how countries think we get out of this.

Come on, it's not like world leaders, and Nicola, met up recently and had the chance to discuss world matters.

If only there had been a Covid Obliteration program, COP for short, event where solutions could have been discussed.

Perhaps they were busy thinking of saving polar bears while actual people die, but then again, no politician would do that. I mean, chasing celebrities around for selfies and photos while a pandemic rips through country. What sort of self centred stupid bitch would do that?

Malinga the Swinga
1 minute ago, Ray Gin said:

Giving a few days notice is consistent with all of the previous times restrictions have been announced.

Go on, criticise her once, just once. She won't ever find out. Promise we won't tell.

16 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Aberdeen don't on basis crowd is under 10,000

Yes but are they now required under these new restrictions? Be funny if the 500 at the derby were unvaccinated.🙉

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )