Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

Nucky Thompson
6 minutes ago, Victorian said:

What a shower of jellyfish.  Some people have given up and all they can do is moan incoherently and dribble non-scientific drivel about South Africa.

I'm not happy to see restrictions but if it helps our frontline healthcare people for a while then so-be-it.

Miss the football for a few weeks and it's man-baby armageddon. 

:vrface:

You've been posting some decent stuff lately as well

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, Victorian said:

What a shower of jellyfish.  Some people have given up and all they can do is moan incoherently and dribble non-scientific drivel about South Africa.

I'm not happy to see restrictions but if it helps our frontline healthcare people for a while then so-be-it.

Miss the football for a few weeks and it's man-baby armageddon. 

How long did the 3 week circuit breaker thing go on for last time?🤔🤔🤔

5 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Ah, taking your medicine like a good snp fit sudjer. Good on you min.

I'm not really interested in the plaintive squealing of the decrepit.  It's a few weeks or so of some targeted restrictions.  All for an obvious purpose.  It might even be precautionary.  

Tell your what the governments aren’t exactly selling the unvaccinated the jags.

all of us  that have  had them are being told we still need restrictions and can still catch the variants anyway 

If I was unvaccinated I don’t think I’d be rushing out to get them now.

2 minutes ago, Victorian said:

I'm not really interested in the plaintive squealing of the decrepit.  It's a few weeks or so of some targeted restrictions.  All for an obvious purpose.  It might even be precautionary.  

dads_army_2016-1920x1200.jpg

4 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

:vrface:

You've been posting some decent stuff lately as well

I wasn't sure if I'd unconsciously changed my stance or if it was my conscious effort to not post my opinion as much but I've really been liking Vic's posts lately...glad it wasn't just me that's been appreciating them.

That's not such a good one though.

Malinga the Swinga
18 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

How am I deflecting? You're asking me to criticise her for giving people advance notice. It's absurd.

I won't be criticising Sturgeon  Johnson, Drakeford or Given for doing this.

No, I'm giving you the opportunity to criticise her for any decisions she, or her government, have made during this whole crisis. Now, can you think of anything they've got wrong? 

4 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

Tell your what the governments aren’t exactly selling the unvaccinated the jags.

all of us  that have  had them are being told we still need restrictions and can still catch the variants anyway 

If I was unvaccinated I don’t think I’d be rushing out to get them now.

The point of the vaccine and booster is you have a very mild infection if exposed.

That's the thing with Sturgeon and the SNP.  They're clearly spending political capital here.  Not making it.  They'll be fully aware that they're risking political damage.

Yet they're still making the calls.

Tell me,  what has Boris decided to do?

2 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

What a horrible person Sturgeon really is eh. 

Sturgeon do something, bad. Sturgeon don't do anything, bad! 

6 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Can I ask what you work as? 
Sounds like this won’t affect you at all financially and let’s face it it won’t be for just a few weeks? 

1 minute ago, Victorian said:

That's the thing with Sturgeon and the SNP.  They're clearly spending political capital here.  Not making it.  They'll be fully aware that they're risking political damage.

Yet they're still making the calls.

Tell me,  what has Boris decided to do?

He's decided not to advise the country on further restrictions because the papers are still full of photos of him breaking all the previous ones. 

2 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Sturgeon do something, bad. Sturgeon don't do anything, bad! 

Well considering practically every decision she has made has been wrong, there really isn’t anything that’s been good.  

The Real Maroonblood

You agree or disagree? Hard to argue that she isn’t 

Dry your eyes.

Nothing has drastically really affected me so far.

My local is still functioning.

Whats not to like.

Just crack on.

Going by the reaction on social media tonight I wouldn’t be surprised to see the booster figures well down after today’s announcements 

Just now, theshed said:

Going by the reaction on social media tonight I wouldn’t be surprised to see the booster figures well down after today’s announcements 

People saying it's not worth it etc?

Well considering practically every decision she has made has been wrong, there really isn’t anything that’s been good.  

In your opinion. She's damned either way.

43 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Some people who are baulking at today's announcement appear have a short memory of what "lockdown" actually entailed.

Schools shut

Non essential shops shut

Hospitality shut

Venues shut

Football stopped

Holidays/Flights cancelled

Household mixing stopped

Exercise limited to your locality

No travel outside your council area.

We have moved on a huge amount since those dark days.

Agreed, but maybe some of that is due to no furlough being available. 

3 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Dry your eyes.

Nothing has drastically really affected me so far.

My local is still functioning.

Whats not to like.

Just crack on.

Sounds like you are quite happy being locked down. 

1 minute ago, Taffin said:

People saying it's not worth it etc?

Saying what’s the point in it if they are going to be stuck in the house. Vaccine and booster the way to get life back to normal and look at where we are tonight 

It wasn't the SG or the UK government that unleashed covid on us which undermined our economy, our civil liberties and made us question our democracy.

5 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

She can refund me for my tickets. 

I've got Ross County tickets so hope so but if not the club can keep my money as a Christmas present.

Just now, Cruyff said:

It wasn't the SG or the UK government that unleashed covid on us which undermined our economy, our civil liberties and made us question our democracy.

Correct.

9 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

No, I'm giving you the opportunity to criticise her for any decisions she, or her government, have made during this whole crisis. Now, can you think of anything they've got wrong? 

Yes. Putting elderly patients back in to care homes without doing adequate testing.

Why did you quote me on the advance notice post if you didn't want me to criticise her for that?

2 minutes ago, theshed said:

Can I ask what you work as? 
Sounds like this won’t affect you at all financially and let’s face it it won’t be for just a few weeks? 

All things point towards this being a shorter duration of restrictions.  It's an attempt to flatten the peak,  should a peak occur,  on the hospitals.  People need to remember the guiding principle about the hospitals.  They deserve to be given the best chance to cope,  if they get faced with predicted demand.  

There is no magic alternative solution for hospitals other than trying to pressure regulate the demands on them.

If it's all precautionary and proves to be overkill then it will all be rolled back and we carry on.  No leader,  even the terrorist Sturgeon,  EVER causes unnecessary economic damage that can be prevented.  

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, Famous 1874 said:

Sounds like you are quite happy being locked down. 

Stop slavering.

Where did I say that?

Read my post about going to my local .

1 minute ago, theshed said:

Saying what’s the point in it if they are going to be stuck in the house. Vaccine and booster the way to get life back to normal and look at where we are tonight 

Hmm, can't say I don't empathise with that outlook if I'm honest.

2 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

They might not have unleashed Covid...but for better or for worse the other 3 are entirely down to their actions. The only way to know the impact of Covid on those three things would have been to do nothing and see where the pieces fell. I'm not saying that's what they should have done though.

1 minute ago, Footballfirst said:

I think a lot of posters clearly didn't watch today's statement and responses.

NS, DR and AS were all on the same page. 

And Boris would have done the same if he wasn't hamstrung by his own MP's.

Just now, Taffin said:

They might not have unleashed Covid...but for better or for worse the other 3 are entirely down to their actions. The only way to know the impact of Covid on those three things would have been to do nothing and see where the pieces fell. I'm not saying that's what they should have done though.

They did do nothing for a long time and a lot of people died. 

1 minute ago, Footballfirst said:

I didn't see it but the usual suspects on here venting their spleen at Sturgeon! Somethings never change!

5 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

I've got Ross County tickets so hope so but if not the club can keep my money as a Christmas present.

I have a ticket for Jan 3rd and they are not keeping my money.

If people willfully decline a booster because they're chucking toys around then the humanity baw is well burst.  You get a booster to give yourself extra protection.  All other things are secondary.  

People turning their snouts up at vaccines when millions are desperate for them is a true obscenity of our times.  Grim.

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, Roxy Hearts said:

I didn't see it but the usual suspects on here venting their spleen at Sturgeon! Somethings never change!

This.

Looking for things that aren’t there.

Absolute roasters.

Seymour M Hersh
16 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Where they admit they got it wrong

And yet their deaths per million are significantly lower than ours and they've not messed up their economy. 

5 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Don't you mean they are all fos? 🤔 This is the same mob who ordered me to remain in eu.

Just now, Cruyff said:

They did do nothing for a long time and a lot of people died. 

I'm not getting drawn on that, as I said I'm not passing judgement on whether what they did was good/bad.

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )