Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

45 minutes ago, Victorian said:

What are peoples' thoughts and experiences on the timescales of things?

When this began,  I knew instinctively that it was going to be dreadful,  but I seem to remember holding some kind of belief that the worst would be behind us after 6 months or so.  No idea where that came from.  At the time,  if someone had told us it was going to be 2 years,  I would have been horrified.  Now,  if you believe some of the theorising about the current status of things,  we might only be at the centre point,  albeit Chris Whitty says things will get progressively better from now on.  From that basis,  yet another 2 years doesn't seem that bad,  on the prospectus of it finally ending by then.  The perceptions of time.

I think we're halfway through it and just about to get past the worst bit. 

30 minutes ago, Taffin said:

If everyone's life was very important to everyone else we'd all live our lives very differently and we'd be in a constant state of mourning.

WTAF. 

Edited by Savage Vince

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Malinga the Swinga
3 minutes ago, Bindy Badgy said:

Do you have a link to the Independent article?

I tried, honest but I'm hopeless at this stuff. It's Independent newspaper article, free to read if you search for it. I used Independent, Covid article and it's 4 Hours old.

Malinga the Swinga
3 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Yeah. 100%. 

Why bother, eh ? 

Pointless arguing. It's just frustrating that social media used to basically spread conspiracy theories. 

Not surprising that dim people fall for them though.

3 minutes ago, kila said:

Incredibly frustrating to even have had the booster but be denied football.

Surely they can have 8000 at Tynecastle... 500 is just pointless

If people could teleport directly to their seat in the stadium and back home again, I'm sure we'd be allowed more than 500 in.

The primary concern will likely be the queues, passing others to get to seats, and the strain on public transport.

2 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

So let me get this right. They are considering banning crowds but are happy to keep pubs open where people can go and watch the game?

WTAF!

FFS. Not this. Again.

The queuing at kiosks , the long queues for the toilets. Pubs can & do manage this FAR better than football stadia ever will or can do currently.  There is absolutely no comparison between football stadia & pubs no matter how loud and how often folk moan about it. 

Some folk on here equating watching a match with actually going to a game. Unbelievable. 

I must admit I've felt a bit of an oddball walking about Tynecastle wearing my mask per instructions, when the vast majority don't bother their arse.

7 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Pointless arguing. It's just frustrating that social media used to basically spread conspiracy theories. 

Not surprising that dim people fall for them though.

Where is the conspiracy theory you speak of in my post?

Footballfirst
28 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Well we have our sports announcement. 500 fans maximum. Pointless number for top level clubs, just pointless.

If the SFA/SPFL have any sense, they will bring forward the winter break by a week to align with the proposed 3 weeks of restrictions. That would at least avoid clubs having to play behind closed doors. 

Edited by Footballfirst

Adam_the_legend
28 minutes ago, Bindy Badgy said:

Do you have a link to the Independent article?

Without any further digging, I'm inclined to go with something published on John Hopkins University's website over an article in the Independent.

23 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

I tried, honest but I'm hopeless at this stuff. It's Independent newspaper article, free to read if you search for it. I used Independent, Covid article and it's 4 Hours old.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/health/covid-vaccine-immunity-antibody-omicron-b1979528.html?amp

14 minutes ago, escobri said:

Aye cos no vaccines have ever been put in the bin, they are bought and paid for so get them in your arm and forget about your new dodgy ticker

Triple vaxxed, resting heart rate of an athlete, no performance drop whatsoever or change of heart behaviour when out cycling. 👍

Not heard of a single person I know in rreal-life that has been affected by any ongoing effects either. This thread has been going a long time and is a decent sample imo - and the only person reporting anything beyond the sore arm/short-lived immune reaction effects was one poster reporting brain-fog, which one hopes has abated.  

I'm afraid your malicious desire for there to have been widespread vaccine damage will remain unsatiated. 

25 minutes ago, Savage Vince said:

I think we're halfway through it and just about to get past the worst bit. 

WTAF. 

Any expansion on that?

2 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Do the new rules come into effect on 26 Dec. I’m meant to be at Panto on Boxing Day, I take it that’s gone now. ☹️

27th was the date I heard.

I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't cancelled regardless though.

3 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Do the new rules come into effect on 26 Dec. I’m meant to be at Panto on Boxing Day, I take it that’s gone now. ☹️

Yes she said boxing day inclusive so from and including the 26th

Just now, Ray Gin said:

27th was the date I heard.

I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't cancelled regardless though.

Stay at home from 27th I think, new rules from Boxing Day ?

7 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

If the SFA/SPFL have any sense, they will bring forward the winter break by a week to align with the proposed 3 weeks of restrictions. That would at least avoid clubs having to play behind closed doors. 

You would think... 

1 minute ago, Lord BJ said:

That’s what I thought 

That’s what the wife thought. I think you and she are correct.

It was both dates for different things. 27th was stay at home I think. 

7 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

If the SFA/SPFL have any sense, they will bring forward the winter break by a week to align with the proposed 3 week restrictions. That would at least avoid clubs having to play behind closed doors. 

That makes sense. 

How on earth do clubs decide which fans get to go ? 

Hospitality only ? 

Accusations of elitism 🤔

Just bin it till the end of January and see how it goes then. 

1 minute ago, luckydug said:

That makes sense. 

How on earth do clubs decide which fans get to go ? 

Hospitality only ? 

Accusations of elitism 🤔

Just bin it till the end of January and see how it goes then. 

Ballot like last time I’d imagine. Waste a time for most top clubs though, as well keeping it closed. 

Just wait until the backbench SNP zealots and maniacs rebel and force the leader to backtrack or face being ousted... oh hang on,  that's some other impotent government somewhere.

Just now, Victorian said:

Just wait until the backbench SNP zealots and maniacs rebel and force the leader to backtrack or face being ousted... oh hang on,  that's some other impotent government somewhere.

Yep much better having a husband and wife having total control. 😂

5 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

That’s what I thought 

That’s what the wife thought. I think you and she are correct.

You're doubting you're wive? Brave man

Just now, Dazo said:

Yep much better having a husband and wife having total control. 😂

Having some control at all is a handy thing for a leader.  

Another thing in favour of a closedown is players are either catching covid or having to self isolate. 

Large withdrawals from squads is jeopardising the integrity of the league. 

Fairer for everyone to close down. 

Just now, luckydug said:

Another thing in favour of a closedown is players are either catching covid or having to self isolate. 

Large withdrawals from squads is jeopardising the integrity of the league. 

Fairer for everyone to close down. 

This.  It's unreal that they haven't postponed games.  Shut it down ffs. 

2 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

If you've had the double vax and booster you should be able to go the football. A total nonsense this. 

Can still spread even if you are fully jabbed 

8 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

Triple vaxxed, resting heart rate of an athlete, no performance drop whatsoever or change of heart behaviour when out cycling. 👍

Not heard of a single person I know in rreal-life that has been affected by any ongoing effects either. This thread has been going a long time and is a decent sample imo - and the only person reporting anything beyond the sore arm/short-lived immune reaction effects was one poster reporting brain-fog, which one hopes has abated.  

I'm afraid your malicious desire for there to have been widespread vaccine damage will remain unsatiated. 

I desire nothing of the sort, and it's also a bit prickish of you to suggest this. Glad to hear you are of good health Tony 🐅 .

Lord Montpelier
2 minutes ago, Victorian said:

I would argue that at least a debate takes place in England and different voices and opinions heard. And for what it's worth, a vote in Parliament. 

Here it's decide and announce under emergency powers held by one individual and a bunch of nodding lapdogs. 

15 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

If they had any sense?? I see a major flaw there. Maybe just this once they might actually think and cancel the games till after the winter break. No replays in the cup(not sure if they're already stopped for this season already) should help with fixture congestion 

Just call the league now we're in third*

Screws Celtic, Hibs miss out on Europe and Ross County get sucked into the playoffs. 

*I'm joking of course. It doesn't relegate Dundee.

Nucky Thompson
4 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Do you think it's healthy that SNP backbenchers don't hold the government to account, but just clap along like trained sealions?

I'm not just talking about Covid restrictions

2 minutes ago, GBJambo said:

Can still spread even if you are fully jabbed 

So why bother getting it then?

I'm fully jabbed and boostered btw but the vaccine was meant to be the way out of this. It clearly isn't.

38 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

14 minutes ago, Adam_the_legend said:

Thanks for the link Adam. Link to the study here.

Assuming this is the correct article, the study states that people that are infected after being vaccinated have increased immunity. This is different to my initial post, which stated that natural immunity is less effective than vaccine immunity.

Additionally, the study's sample size is tiny (26 patients). The p-values are solid (< 0.001) but, this should be viewed as a starting point rather than anything definitive. The study authors have acknowledged that this is a limitation.

Ainsley Harriott

Gutted I won't be at the Derby. We all know who to blame though and that's the mentally challenged brigade that enabled the Tin Pot Dictators re-election

Edited by Ainsley Harriott

Lord Montpelier

Looks like my indoor 5s game with young fit people is binned for a few weeks. But I can still go to church with old vulnerable people. Is that right ?

Looks like Wee Krankie is trying to destroy Scottish Fitbaw to me, refunds for TV company's if the league is suspended, no January income for clubs when it'll be needed to strengthen. 

Hospitalization showing zero increase and an alleged mild flu with a name going around,  OhmyCon I believe it's called. 

Deary me !!

It will be a Covid lottery. 

The losers having to play with a squad of thirteen. 

The winners being clubs whose players are either covid free or back from their self isolation. 

Anyone fancy going to ER for the Derby with thirteen fit players and the Hibs Covid free. 

Same vice versa of course. 

As I said a Lottery 😒

4 minutes ago, SteauaNeedarest said:

So why bother getting it then?

I'm fully jabbed and boostered btw but the vaccine was meant to be the way out of this. It clearly isn't.

😃😃😃😃😃😃

It's like an American gun crime debate on here. The human race is thick as pig Shit.

2 minutes ago, Lord Montpelier said:

Looks like my indoor 5s game with young fit people is binned for a few weeks. But I can still go to church with old vulnerable people. Is that right ?

She hasn’t stopped 5 aside also ? 

3 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

Looks like Wee Krankie is trying to destroy Scottish Fitbaw to me, refunds for TV company's if the league is suspended, no January income for clubs when it'll be needed to strengthen. 

Hospitalization showing zero increase and an alleged mild flu with a name going around,  OhmyCon I believe it's called. 

Deary me !!

Some clubs are toiling to put out a team. 

Lord Montpelier
2 minutes ago, Dazo said:

She hasn’t stopped 5 aside also ? 

Think she has for a few weeks... but as far as I can tell you can still head along to church. Bizarre logic from the supreme leader

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )