Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

1 minute ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

So that's a no then. How convenient for you. No evidence and just your word it happened.

No thumbs up required really as you've proved nothing.

👍👍

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Dennis Denuto said:

I thought you were an advocate for people health information to remain private?

Behave . You know why it won’t be public . Stop being silly 

5 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

So that's a no then. How convenient for you. No evidence and just your word it happened.

I think it is safe to say that if I had posted something of a vile criminal nature (which is the accusation) I would not still be allowed to be posting on here but the police would have my hard drive.

Edited by i8hibsh

manaliveits105
8 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Just waiting on my Chaffeur to take me to the “ restaurant “ oh what an interesting life I have 😎

7F5C4B05-56C2-4B5C-A4FD-68810BA1E061.jpeg

Wear the fox hat 

1 minute ago, i8hibsh said:

I'm pretty down with the abuse on here, I enjoy most of it but being called that is a step too far for even me.

It’s A particularly nasty and loathsome slur 

Footballfirst
15 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

Just before anyone seeks to downplay today's raw case numbers as being lower than a week ago, last Monday's figure was inflated by delayed reporting from UK labs.

Better to look at the 7 day average.  Last Monday it was 2,651, today it is 3,742, a rise of over 40% over the week.  How much of that rise is due to directly to Omicron (or "S gene dropout"), I don't know.

Edited by Footballfirst

I don’t get out much these days so I don’t know what it’s like in the city centre bars at the weekend.

But I was out in bars in Motherwell and Hamilton on Sat and It was like there no was no pandemic at all. No masks, no social distancing, no scanning details, Covid passport checks etc 

It actually felt quite good. All the bars were rammed and lively 🙂

21 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Don’t need to prove anything to anyone. It happened and lots of posters saw it and commented on it at the time. 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

17 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I think it is safe to say that if I had posted something of a vile criminal nature (which is the accusation) I would not still be allowed to be posting on here but the police would have my hard drive.

You used the “out” that you were only referring to the pupils aged over 16 iirc 👍🏻

4 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

I don’t get out much these days so I don’t know what it’s like in the city centre bars at the weekend.

But I was out in bars in Motherwell and Hamilton on Sat and It was like there no was no pandemic at all. No masks, no social distancing, no scanning details, Covid passport checks etc 

Bars I was in yesterday didn’t have anybody with masks on but then I wouldn’t expect people standing or sitting drinking to have one on. Felt relatively ‘normal’ 👍🏻

19 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

Not good though 

which pubs were you at?

Edited by Jambo 4 Ever

The Real Maroonblood
2 hours ago, Alex Kintner said:

Can i8 and James start a separate thread for their trouser-drenching about teaching please 😂👍🏻

:rofl:

18 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

Edinburgh was packed out Saturday and Sunday and just as you say it’s like there no pandemic, think people have had enough or they are all thinking we better get out now before we get locked up again🤷‍♂️

Me and a few mates are going out on Saturday but are going to stay local as no danger you will be able to get in anywhere in Edinburgh going by the last two weekends plus this is last one before Christmas 

Malinga the Swinga
2 hours ago, Dennis Denuto said:

I should also say that there is some very encouraging stuff still coming from South African experts, with deaths down to 10% of what they might have expected to see in some areas.

I really hope that is the case here too and even if this is not the one that turns to only a cold like virus then please let it be a significant step in that direction.

You can't be coming on here with some positive news. That won't do at all. We need tidal waves and Tsunamis.

Francis Albert

Omicron seems to me so far to have had a bad press. It hasn't killed anyone anyone anywhere (yet of course but it seems a wee bit slow off the mark). Symptoms seem to be milder than previous variants. Even the scary models have not come up with the scale of forecast deaths associated with previous variants. 

Is it possible that the spread and Omicron becoming the dominant strain might prove to be good news?

And recent data suggests Covid is responsible for just about half of excess deaths in recent months. Could the cure be catching up with the illness in its harmful effects?

Nucky Thompson
27 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Just before anyone seeks to downplay today's raw case numbers as being lower than a week ago, last Monday's figure was inflated by delayed reporting from UK labs.

Better to look at the 7 day average.  Last Monday it was 2,651, today it is 3,742, a rise of over 40% over the week.  How much of that rise is due to directly to Omicron (or "S gene dropout"), I don't know.

How many more tests were done? I noticed one day it was over 50k.

What's the 7 day positivity percentage rate?

20 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

Don’t need to prove anything to anyone. It happened and lots of posters saw it and commented on it at the time. 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

So you call someone a paedophile and you "don't think you need to prove anything".  Sums you up.

I assume you had a prior user name on here.  Always find it bizarre when people change their user names especially to that of a 10 year old boy.

Malinga the Swinga
1 minute ago, theshed said:

Edinburgh was packed out Saturday and Sunday and just as you say it’s like there no pandemic, think people have had enough or they are all thinking we better get out now before we get locked up again🤷‍♂️

Me and a few mates are going out on Saturday but are going to stay local as no danger you will be able to get in anywhere in Edinburgh going by the last two weekends plus this is last one before Christmas 

I was down town Saturday. To be fair, almost all people indoors at shops had facemasks on. Can't recall seeing any without them. Different at market but that's outdoors and people eating and drinking, which is difficult wearing a mask.

Even in restaurants people wearing masks before being seated and leaving tables.

Thought compliance was still pretty high.

So you call someone a paedophile and you "don't think you need to prove anything".  Sums you up.

I assume you had a prior user name on here.  Always find it bizarre when people change their user names especially to that of a 10 year old boy.

You know you posted it. Loads of other posters know you posted it. If you want to discuss it further drop me a PM. 

My user name history is on my account page 👍🏻

Malinga the Swinga
3 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Omicron seems to me so far to have had a bad press. It hasn't killed anyone anyone anywhere (yet of course but it seems a wee bit slow off the mark). Symptoms seem to be milder than previous variants. Even the scary models have not come up with the scale of forecast deaths associated with previous variants. 

Is it possible that the spread and Omicron becoming the dominant strain might prove to be good news?

And recent data suggests Covid is responsible for just about half of excess deaths in recent months. Could the cure be catching up with the illness in its harmful effects?

No, can't be positive. Omicron bad, tidal waves and restrictions good.

Malinga the Swinga
2 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

Check James’ pants 👍🏻

Don't understand this. What has James got to do with a tidal wave?

1 minute ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

I was down town Saturday. To be fair, almost all people indoors at shops had facemasks on. Can't recall seeing any without them. Different at market but that's outdoors and people eating and drinking, which is difficult wearing a mask.

Even in restaurants people wearing masks before being seated and leaving tables.

Thought compliance was still pretty high.

Sorry I wasn’t meaning not wearing masks and more talking about the volume of people in the town. Trains for example had to leave people as were that busy 

Malinga the Swinga
1 minute ago, Alex Kintner said:

You know you posted it. Loads of other posters know you posted it. If you want to discuss it further drop me a PM. 

I don't know he posted it. I disagree with loads of his stuff but still, no evidence means no proof.

Malinga the Swinga
Just now, theshed said:

Sorry I wasn’t meaning not wearing masks and more talking about the volume of people in the town. Trains for example had to leave people as were that busy 

NP, my error. Yep was good to see people out and about.

4 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

Not a subscribed member so can't view.

6 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

"Nobody spoils Christmas quite like TV's Nicola Sturgeon."

a gem from twitter world 

Nicola is a TV!

Well this is breaking news. Not overly shocked tbf.

Dennis Denuto
12 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

I would say it is unlikely to be good news, not as good as we would like, but I also don't think it will be as bad news as some are predicting.

Unfortunately we may face a few more pain in the arse type of restrictions before the full Omicron picture is revealed. I think it unlikely to be any 'real' (my word) restrictions - although I am frequently wrong about all sorts of things

2 hours ago, King prawn said:

C19A8A81-4D34-460B-A480-87D3F531466C.thumb.png.93a61b095f7fa74660f5ed2f8446a1dc.png

Can someone more intelligent than me enlighten me as to why the rapid PCR tests can only be bought for pre departure and can’t be used as day 2 tests when I arrive ? Does the test have to be done on the 2nd day or something ? 

edit - I see the issue , I don’t get the reference code for the passenger locator form :facepalm:  

Does anyone know a company that I can use on Christmas Eve or when I arrive late on the 23rd?

In the summer when I visited my parents in Worcester I didn’t get the result back from the PCR until 10 days later after I’d already been and gone. 

Hoping to fly to the UK late on the 23rd and perhaps naively thought I’d be able to see the family in Edinburgh for the first time in 3 years. 

I usually use ctm. There is a link when you are filling out the passenger locator form that re-directs you to a massive list of providers. They have varying costs so assume they offer 'guarantees' on the more expensive one.

Incidentally, Day 0 is the day you arrove and so day 2 would actually be Xmas day, the day you take your test. If you are quarantine at your family house, You will see them no bother.

Malinga the Swinga
8 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Not a subscribed member so can't view.

Is a subscribed member different from a paid member?

Malinga the Swinga

Nah

Oh well, I still can't work out how to look at previous names. Bit worrying when you consider I work in IT and have done for last 22 years.

The wife works in the public service, and has been copied in on some info last week apparently they are considering limiting numbers allowed in house a bit like Ireland I think which are no more than 4 households and sending kids back to school later in January ( not sure about an earlier finish this was last week)

3 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Oh well, I still can't work out how to look at previous names. Bit worrying when you consider I work in IT and have done for last 22 years.

It’s the wee backward pointing arrow ↩️ next to the poster’s name on their profile 👍🏻

4 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

It defo used to be a public feature on here as had done it many times but it is now just for the paying members.

Footballfirst
31 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

How many more tests were done? I noticed one day it was over 50k.

What's the 7 day positivity percentage rate?

I haven't been tracking those numbers, so feel free to check and share.

Today's reported (single day) positivity rate was 11.8% for just over 34k tests. The latest trend date on the PHS Dashboard is 10 December at which point the 7 day positivity rate was 9.4%. The rate a week earlier was 8.9%.

Edited by Footballfirst

Malinga the Swinga

There was article on paper over weekend saying SG thinking of pulling exams again this year.

For party that put education at front of agenda, they haven't half ****ed it up over last year or so.

Malinga the Swinga
2 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

It’s the wee backward pointing arrow ↩️ next to the poster’s name on their profile 👍🏻

So it is

Nucky Thompson
4 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

I haven't been tracking those numbers, so feel free to check and share.

Today's reported (single day) positivity rate was 11.8%. The latest trend date on the PHS Dashboard is 10 December at which point the 7 day positivity rate was 9.4%. The rate a week earlier was 8.9%.

No worries.

Cheers

manaliveits105
15 minutes ago, jambo89 said:

I usually use ctm. There is a link when you are filling out the passenger locator form that re-directs you to a massive list of providers. They have varying costs so assume they offer 'guarantees' on the more expensive one.

Incidentally, Day 0 is the day you arrove and so day 2 would actually be Xmas day, the day you take your test. If you are quarantine at your family house, You will see them no bother.

from SG website -    You can take your day 2 PCR test on or before day 2.

folk are just arranging to have on day of arrival or doing at home and get result next day - you dont have to wait till day 2 - its in black and white .

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic