Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

Dennis Denuto
1 minute ago, Nucky Thompson said:

No worries.

Cheers

The seven day average in Scotland has been pretty consistent between 8-10% for over a month now

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

45 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Not good though 

which pubs were you at?

In Motherwell I’m not sure - one near the station and another few hundred yards away 

In Hamilton it was the Junkyard, Stoneground? and a meal at the Salt. 

Good night tbh 🙂

Dennis Denuto

The tidal wave brought 1534 new omicron cases to England and the tsunami brought 27 to Scotland

Thats only the ones that were sent to the labs for specific testing, the number that you want to look for is the probable Omicron infections (don't say cases it rouses the nutters).

It is the probable number that will be the one that effects your life in the long run.

Dennis Denuto
6 minutes ago, Dennis Denuto said:

Thats only the ones that were sent to the labs for specific testing, the number that you want to look for is the probable Omicron infections (don't say cases it rouses the nutters).

It is the probable number that will be the one that effects your life in the long run.

To expand on that further - Boris said London was at 40% omicron now and about to go to 50%, well it has about 10,000 +ve test results a day just now.

So you are looking at 4000 to 5000 in London alone. 

I agree that we are still not seeing a jump in serious illness yet, this may or may not follow.

Footballfirst
15 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

The tidal wave brought 1534 new omicron cases to England and the tsunami brought 27 to Scotland

Scotland reported 38 cases yesterday and 26 cases today.

The note that goes with it reads "Confirmed cases are defined as Omicron (B.1.1.529), as determined through whole genome sequencing."

I just heard it reported on one of the news channels, that 40% of new cases in London are Omicron or suspected Omicron (S gene drop out).

Edited by Footballfirst

Nucky Thompson
19 minutes ago, Dennis Denuto said:

I know Dennis. Just having a wee joke with the language being used

1 hour ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

So that's a no then. How convenient for you. No evidence and just your word it happened.

No thumbs up required really as you've proved nothing.

Oh, it definitely happened. 

Sturgeon says schools not shutting early 

Also she’s making a public announcement Tom night on TV like Boris did last night 🤦‍♂️

Edited by theshed

5 minutes ago, theshed said:

Sturgeon says schools not shutting  

They break up at the end of this week until Jan 6th anyways.

Nucky Thompson
5 minutes ago, theshed said:

Also she’s making a public announcement Tom night on TV like Boris did last night 🤦‍♂️

She'll not be outdone, will she :lol:

1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

So you call someone a paedophile and you "don't think you need to prove anything".  Sums you up.

I assume you had a prior user name on here.  Always find it bizarre when people change their user names especially to that of a 10 year old boy.

FFS , why are you arguing about this on a covid thread , not sure you were ever called that but you most definitely posted whats being said as plenty of us are aware. In amongst your very opinionated posts you know fine well there are two that stand up above the rest as being completely beyond appropriate and every so often when you noise people up both instances come up in convo.

1 hour ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

I don't know he posted it. I disagree with loads of his stuff but still, no evidence means no proof.

You may not but plenty of us that read it with our own eyes followed by doing the blinky gif. That and his other proclivity that he divulged. Anyhoo back to covid

22 minutes ago, Norm said:

Oh, it definitely happened. 

Sadly it did indeed , not sure how it came up on a Covid thread but…. So back to covid….

Iv just finished work so missed Boris’s speech anything exciting

She'll not be outdone, will she :lol:

If she does it first, she’s “upstaging”. If she does it second she’s “copying”.

The seethe she generates is 

:pleasing:

Nucky Thompson
Just now, John Findlay said:

They break up at the end of this week until Jan 6th anyways.

A lot of Schools don't break up until Wednesday 22nd.

Edinburgh was the same, but they changed it a couple of months ago. 

Just now, Alex Kintner said:

Not everywhere. Next Wednesday in some areas.

My youngest son attends Broughton high school here in Edinburgh, so I go by his school year dates.

My eldest daughter( an English teacher at a secondary school in Horndean Hampshire, breaks up at the end of the week too).

2 minutes ago, sadj said:

FFS , why are you arguing about this on a covid thread , not sure you were ever called that but you most definitely posted whats being said as plenty of us are aware. In amongst your very opinionated posts you know fine well there are two that stand up above the rest as being completely beyond appropriate and every so often when you noise people up both instances come up in convo.

You may not but plenty of us that read it with our own eyes followed by doing the blinky gif. That and his other proclivity that he divulged. Anyhoo back to covid

Sadly it did indeed , not sure how it came up on a Covid thread but…. So back to covid….

Iv just finished work so missed Boris’s speech anything exciting

Guess it must have been a group hallucination 🤪

3 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

Based on nothing, I wouldn’t be surprised to see the SG introduce a restriction on the number of people meeting again. At present financial support for business closures isn’t available, therefore, the levers the SG have to pull will be a bit more limited. Plus, for a variety of reasons they will desperately want to keep economy as open as possible just now.

That really limits what they can do. Something, they could introduce which would probably have a impact in slowing spread without too much detriment elsewhere, is limiting household contacts again. Doubt it would be popular but its probably one of the better options available to them at the moment.

It still has a significant effect on the economy though. If similar rules to last year come in, regarding only 6 people from 2 households or whatever allowed to meet in a pub, or in a restaurant etc, it will still lead to really difficult economic pressures for hospitality industry. 

Nucky Thompson
1 minute ago, Alex Kintner said:

If she does it first, she’s “upstaging”. If she does it second she’s “copying”.

The seethe she generates is 

Not seething Alex, I find it funny.

Dennis Denuto
43 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I know Dennis. Just having a wee joke with the language being used

Let’s hope it’s still a joke by this time next week. 

Just now, joondalupjambo said:

Assuming private schools closing on Christmas Eve at 5.00pm so parents get their monies worth? 😀

10pm that way they get their mad fridays too

8 minutes ago, joondalupjambo said:

Assuming private schools closing on Christmas Eve at 5.00pm so parents get their monies worth? 😀

And schools in the Borders. 

Christmas eve anyway not 5pm.

Sajid Javid: “Hospitalisations and deaths are expected to dramatically increase in the next few weeks and the NHS will return to its highest level of emergency preparedness.”

😞

5 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

Sajid Javid: “Hospitalisations and deaths are expected to dramatically increase in the next few weeks and the NHS will return to its highest level of emergency preparedness.”

😞

Jesus that is not what anyone wanted to read

Nucky Thompson
7 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

Sajid Javid: “Hospitalisations and deaths are expected to dramatically increase in the next few weeks

😞

Do you have a link to him saying that? 

I'm not saying he didn't say it, I just never heard it in his statement 

33 minutes ago, joondalupjambo said:

Many private schools never "close" fully  because their boarder  kids have nowhere to go, quite often the parents are overseas and Covid has meant a lot of them have been literally stranded in the UK.

There's one down the road from me and we'll see the 6th formers in the local getting p'd up because they have nothing to do and nowhere to go. 

The Mighty Thor
1 hour ago, theshed said:

One can feel the Jimmies in a state of rustle already.

Rent. Free. 

1 minute ago, The Mighty Thor said:

One can feel the Jimmies in a state of rustle already.

Rent. Free. 

Kickback needs an emoji for this.

Nucky Thompson
1 hour ago, Nucky Thompson said:

A lot of Schools don't break up until Wednesday 22nd.

Edinburgh was the same, but they changed it a couple of months ago. 

I'm not sure that's correct. 

1 minute ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Back it up with evidence or else it's just groundless gossip 

Maybe for you. Since I saw the posts, it's most definitely factual. 

3 minutes ago, Norm said:

Maybe for you. Since I saw the posts, it's most definitely factual. 

It’s pretty impossible to quote from a deleted thread. @sadj has also confirmed it as well. That’s now four posters on this thread who saw the post in question. 

1 minute ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

But you can't prove it.

I'm really not that bothered. People can believe it or not, it's no skin off my nose. It's massively off topic now so that's my last say on the matter. 

It's quite eye catching that it's being estimated at 200,000 a day already.  That indicates there's possibly now a majority of infections that aren't coming to light or coming forward for testing.  It seems to offer a bit of a positive and negative.  Negatively,  there could be a large volume of people continuing to mix and spread infection around.  Not much good for trying to slow it down.  Positive in the sense that the process is under way that population exposure and immunity is steadily built up.

If it's really true that the powers that be believe that as much as 75% of infections could be going undetected and they're not making a frenzied leap for the big red lockdown button,  that indicates to me that they're content,  for now,  for a certain amount of unsuppressed infection to carry on.  

It's still going to take a bit of time to adequately evaluate the likely rate of hospitalisations,  critically in accordance with predicted healthcare workers absences.  If it does become more likely that hospitalisations will be at a lower rate,  the more it will become desirable to tolerate free running infections.  

Edited by Victorian

Malinga the Swinga
4 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

It this was a police case it would be proven by corroboration 👍🏻

Only if witnesses were reliable and believable. That hasn't been proven either. For what it is worth, I wouldn't normally care, but this is press ganged kangaroo court and I don't like that at all.

Edited by Malinga the Swinga

1 minute ago, Victorian said:

It's quite eye catching that it's being estimated at 200,000 a day already.  That indicates there's possibly now a majority of infections that aren't coming to light or coming forward for testing.  It seems to offer a bit of a positive and negative.  Negatively,  there could be a large volume of people continuing to mix and spread infection around.  Not much good for trying to slow it down.  Positive in the sense that the process is under way that population exposure and immunity is steadily built up.

If it's really true that the powers that be believe that as much as 75% of infections could be going undetected and they're not making a frenzied leap for the big red lockdown button,  that indicates to me that they're content,  for now,  for a certain amount of unsuppressed infection to carry on.  

It's still going to take a bit of time to adequately evaluate the likely rate of hospitalisations,  critically in accordance with predicted healthcare workers absences.  If it does become more likely that hospitalisations will be at a lower rate,  the more it will become desirable to tolerate free running infections.  

If that's the case, thay we're already at 200,000 a day, and hospitals aren't already bursting at the seams, then that seems a good sign to me. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic