Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

Jambo-Jimbo
18 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

US now has more deaths than China.New York has opened up field hospitals in Central park and at Flushing Meadows

France now as well & the UK most probably.

Italy, Spain, France & the US have all now had more deaths and in a shorter period than China did.

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Brighton Jambo
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Any reason why? I take it you reported it?

No I mean the admin had posted above to say can we not make this thread political and when I read my response I thought it was a a bit political so just deleted it voluntarily.  

I am all for following the rules at the moment!!!!

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

No I mean the admin had posted above to say can we not make this thread political and when I read my response I thought it was a a bit political so just deleted it voluntarily.  

I am all for following the rules at the moment!!!!

Sorry I didn’t see that, it will be hard to talk about this if politics are left out but hey ho. I never follow rules if I can help it.

Edited by Pasquale for King

manaliveits105
34 minutes ago, kila said:

Complete incompetence of those at the top running our government. It's becoming a bit like Trump's daily lies, maybe it is similar pages from Steve Bannon's playbook.

Need skilled people to sort this mess out, not the clowns who thought they were the bees knees but are so obviously being found out.

NHS is devolved in Scotland  

8 hours ago, Homme said:

It's certainly better than no face mask! 

Some have been given more thankfully, but in her particular size they had stock issues.

must be a few in museums...

image.png.bf641fa2b6e81cb1837b29a9c508ff1a.png

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

I tell you one thing if I see one more blond haired backpacker whining on TV that they are stuck in the Galápagos Islands or deepest darkest Sri Lanka I am going to scream!  What the hell were they still doing there as this pandemic approached anyway.  We have so much more for the government to deal with than flying Tarquin home.   Interesting that in the same article the WHO have advised against shutting borders and banning flights at this stage as there is no point.  That’s surprised me.  

It’s a different few every day, I hope they’re isolated when they do come back.

Did the WHO say why it’s against shutting borders and banning flights? Too late?

C4 News have completely eviscerated the official response / information.    Comprehensive outing of a wide range of stuff.     

Brighton Jambo
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

It’s a different few every day, I hope they’re isolated when they do come back.

Did the WHO say why it’s against shutting borders and banning flights? Too late?

They said that once you have community transmission it doesn’t make any difference whether you have new cases flying in and actually the economic and social issues (i.e. people being stranded in the wrong counties all over the world) are more harmful than the additional spread.

clearly once we have got it totally clamped down like say South Korea has that position changes and you need to be really strict on who comes in.  

1 hour ago, Victorian said:

Total dither and supply shortages in the testing as well.    Now they're on about postal testing,   despite outlining the risks involved with it regarding delays affecting results.      For me there's a bit of a **** up going on.     Rabbit in the headlights stuff.

They need to sort the PPE first, then the ventilators...This focus on testing is a smokescreen.

Ibrahim Tall
14 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

France now as well & the UK most probably.

Italy, Spain, France & the US have all now had more deaths and in a shorter period than China did.

‘Officially’

As with most Chinese disasters, natural or manmade I thinks it pretty debatable the ‘true’ figures from China will ever be known.

Just now, Spellczech said:

They need to sort the PPE first, then the ventilators...This focus on testing is a smokescreen.

The BS about ppe and testing casts a lot of doubt on the info we've had about other resources.     We've been deceived over a few things.    There is no doubt whatsoever.     We would be deceiving ourselves to believe anything else but visible results.

Sorry if discussed already.

It looks like the Fringe will be cancelled. This would be a disaster to the local economy.

It’s going to take the world a long time to recover from this.

Just now, Victorian said:

The BS about ppe and testing casts a lot of doubt on the info we've had about other resources.     We've been deceived over a few things.    There is no doubt whatsoever.     We would be deceiving ourselves to believe anything else but visible results.

That's what I've always said about Gove. Can only trust his actions, never his words.

Interesting that the doctor in the video above is saying all the same stuff I was saying on Daily Mail comments 2-3 weeks ago...I used to get sooooo many red arrows from people on there (any criticism of Boris and you got 17-20 red arrows within seconds ...like Tory Party HQ had 20 user accounts just clicking away...) 

Ibrahim Tall
1 minute ago, iantjambo said:

Sorry if discussed already.

It looks like the Fringe will be cancelled. This would be a disaster to the local economy.

It’s going to take the world a long time to recover from this.

Disaster is an exaggeration in the current context, a disaster would be lifting measures too early before things are safe and under control and flying in people from all over the world where things more than likely won’t be ‘safe’ yet and restarting things all over again.

Don’t get me wrong, many businesses and people will be affected by it being cancelled but the economy will suffer a hell of a lot more if **** this up by rushing back to ‘normal’ too soon.

2 minutes ago, Homme said:

You've lost me. 

It's a 14th century plague mask -  Some NHS staff will soon be left seeking anything they can find...

Edited by Spellczech

1 minute ago, Spellczech said:

It's a 14th century plague mask -  Some NHS staff will soon be left seeking anything they can find...

Its a beauty :lol:

3 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

That's what I've always said about Gove. Can only trust his actions, never his words.

Interesting that the doctor in the video above is saying all the same stuff I was saying on Daily Mail comments 2-3 weeks ago...I used to get sooooo many red arrows from people on there (any criticism of Boris and you got 17-20 red arrows within seconds ...like Tory Party HQ had 20 user accounts just clicking away...) 

There's also an almighty puzzle to solve re what has gone on between the UK government,   the Welsh government and Roche and the daily 5,000 tests the Welsh say they believed was secured in a side contract with Roche.

Somebody is lying their arse off.

8 minutes ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

Disaster is an exaggeration in the current context, a disaster would be lifting measures too early before things are safe and under control and flying in people from all over the world where things more than likely won’t be ‘safe’ yet and restarting things all over again.

Don’t get me wrong, many businesses and people will be affected by it being cancelled but the economy will suffer a hell of a lot more if **** this up by rushing back to ‘normal’ too soon.

I think, relative to the subject, that it could be classed as a disaster. It will likely cause many businesses to close down and people to lose jobs.

I understand that there are more pressing matters to worry about at the minute but we still need to consider the future.

Pasquale for King
31 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

They said that once you have community transmission it doesn’t make any difference whether you have new cases flying in and actually the economic and social issues (i.e. people being stranded in the wrong counties all over the world) are more harmful than the additional spread.

clearly once we have got it totally clamped down like say South Korea has that position changes and you need to be really strict on who comes in.  

South Korea seem to have dealt with this as well as you can possibly do it, we should be doing whatever worked for them. It might not guarantee the same results obviously.

Scotland also has it's fair share of it in hospitals, I will not say any more as not my information to share but everyone needs to follow guidelines and stay safe !!

Edited by steve123

1 hour ago, Brighton Jambo said:

I tell you one thing if I see one more blond haired backpacker whining on TV that they are stuck in the Galápagos Islands or deepest darkest Sri Lanka I am going to scream!  What the hell were they still doing there as this pandemic approached anyway.  We have so much more for the government to deal with than flying Tarquin home.   Interesting that in the same article the WHO have advised against shutting borders and banning flights at this stage as there is no point.  That’s surprised me.  

I must admit I always think you take a risk going to these places. Of something like this happening. 

Government has promised to get people home. Hopefully all quarantined though don't think we are doing that. 

1 hour ago, manaliveits105 said:

NHS is devolved in Scotland  

Also why we have less private health because the law is different. 

The Mighty Thor

Peston all over twitter calling bullshit on Gove saying the chemicals are not available to test with. He's spoken to  the Chemical industry trade body who has contacted its members tonight and there is no shortage. If there was they'd make more.

Somebody is at the ****ing madam here. 

The Mighty Thor
17 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Government has promised to get people home. Hopefully all quarantined though don't think we are doing that. 

Nope. Flights still arriving from the USA this morning, no checks, no quarantine, Heathrow express to your left, enjoy your trip 👍

Pasquale for King
11 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Nope. Flights still arriving from the USA this morning, no checks, no quarantine, Heathrow express to your left, enjoy your trip 👍

Indeed, from one hot spot to another.

81747F7E-98BD-463C-A81E-C6CDC0B90281.jpeg

14 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Peston all over twitter calling bullshit on Gove saying the chemicals are not available to test with. He's spoken to  the Chemical industry trade body who has contacted its members tonight and there is no shortage. If there was they'd make more.

Ffs.   

Pasquale for King
14 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Edited by Pasquale for King

From what some people appear to be suggesting...

If it is a policy to not test (window dressing testing),   herd immunity rearing it's head again.

No interest in knowing where the cases are indicates an acceptance it should spread fully.     Load resources into the front line + surpress and delay in order to undershoot emergency resources at the peak (good optics) and continue to treat ongoing serious cases during a prolonged post-peak period.     Achieve herd immunity as a byproduct in order to be quick out the blocks post-emergency to protect the economy.

49 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Is this herd immunity on the sly going here or what ?

****ing stinks

Edited by vegas-voss

4 minutes ago, Victorian said:

From what some people appear to be suggesting...

If it is a policy to not test (window dressing testing),   herd immunity rearing it's head again.

No interest in knowing where the cases are indicates an acceptance it should spread fully.     Load resources into the front line + surpress and delay in order to undershoot emergency resources at the peak (good optics) and continue to treat ongoing serious cases during a prolonged post-peak period.     Achieve herd immunity as a byproduct in order to be quick out the blocks post-emergency to protect the economy.

Your last word is all they give a **** about

1 minute ago, vegas-voss said:

Your last word is all they give a **** about

If it is the scenario I suggested,   it places a mind numbing premium on immunity being resilient.     Do we swallow 20,000+ dead and then discover nobody is immune in 6 months?

6 minutes ago, Victorian said:

If it is the scenario I suggested,   it places a mind numbing premium on immunity being resilient.     Do we swallow 20,000+ dead and then discover nobody is immune in 6 months?

Scary 

2 hours ago, Brighton Jambo said:

I’ve read that multiple times from multiple sources over the past few weeks. One of the social issues you refer to is that it becomes about stopping ‘them’ rather than about ‘us’ doing the right thing. 

Trump making a ,....... Trump of himself as usual tonight.

You can use a scarf is his brilliant advice, instead of a mask.

To be fair, probably because both are equally useless.

Edited by graygo

J.T.F.Robertson
16 minutes ago, graygo said:

Trump making a ,....... Trump of himself as usual tonight.

You can use a scarf is his brilliant advice, instead of a mask.

To be fair, probably because both are equally useless.

I missed what he was originally alluding to (the complexity of the virus, probably)  but caught something to the effect "it's like the dashboard of an aeroplane".

I know I'm being petty but that's how much he gets on my tits. :(

All Trump has in his locker is the "I suspended travel from China" line.  After that, he's a spent force.  Zero about the here and now.

SectionDJambo
2 minutes ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

I missed what he was originally alluding to (the complexity of the virus, probably)  but caught something to the effect "it's like the dashboard of an aeroplane".

I know I'm being petty but that's how much he gets on my tits. :(

He was comparing how complex ventilators are.

He is going on about how slow some in the US were to react to the virus. How it’s not just a flu. How it’s very serious.

I might be remembering things wrong, but I’m thinking he was going on about the number of deaths from flu, as compared to Coronavirus, weeks ago, to downplay the seriousness of this virus. 
His early emphasis seemed to be on preventing, what he considered, an unnecessary hit on the US economy. Now that the brown stuff is about to hit the fan, he’s making out that he always knew how serious the virus could be for the US, and he was telling people this all along.

How the Americans can’t see through him is an indication of how easily they can be manipulated by propaganda.

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic