Meeting needs a password. And the password isn't 'Boris' :lol: 

Did you try "Coronavirus"?

5 minutes ago, Boof said:

Did you try poorpeoplearescum?

3 minutes ago, Gulpener said:

Did you try "Coronavirus"?

Only 10 characters.

Dominicill (as in Dominic ill) didn't work either.

Think I'll just stop there as I don't fancy MI5 coming knocking...

8 minutes ago, Boof said:

Genuinely surprised at that 😂

Pasquale for King
8 minutes ago, Boof said:

Something equally as simple no doubt 🙈.

joondalupjambo
50 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Every single country in the world is seeing its Health resources stretched to absolute breaking point whether they over or under invested over the last decade.   No country was resourced for this and never could be.   Give the whole political point scoring a rest it doesn’t belong on this thread.  

Come on Brighton.

Political issues will come up in a whole range of topics on this site because unfortunately political decisions, political interventions and political policy have consequences across a myriad of debates. 

You simply cannot say stop point scoring if some facts about how the Government policy is being monitored in relation to this pandemic when that topic comes into play, that is way too simplistic. This thread is peppered with comments surrounding different views on the virus.

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

I was the same, that it was for crumblies, but eventually agreed to Mrs M’s requests. Loved it and hygiene seemed reasonably prioritised. 

One of the advantages of having been on a cruise is that you should know how to wash your hands properly. 

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Big increase today but it looks like it was expected as it includes a number of backdated deaths (edit this is for NHS England only as NHS Scotland still determining whether to adopt same approach) - see below from Guardian.

The reported death toll from coronavirus in the UK is set to increase beyond the NHS’s daily tally on Tuesday when fatalities outside of hospitals are counted for the first time.

Figures from the NHS and Public Health England have so far been the key barometer of the impact of the virus but they have not included any deaths in homes, care homes and other non-hospital settings. Daily figures for Monday showed a rise in the UK death toll of 209 to 1,408 people, but these are only people who died in NHS care.

The Office for National Statistics will start publishing data about the rest of the deaths from 9.30am on Tuesday giving a fuller picture of the impact of Covid-19. They will tally all of the deaths from late December until 20 March which they believe occurred outside hospitals.

Unlike the NHS figures, which are limited to people who tested positive for the disease, they will also include cases where it is mentioned as a suspected cause on death certificates.

If all deaths to which the virus contributed are counted  then the number is going to be misleadingly scary. Given that on average 1700 die every day in normal times the key number is how many more are dying now

Brighton Jambo
32 minutes ago, joondalupjambo said:

Come on Brighton.

Political issues will come up in a whole range of topics on this site because unfortunately political decisions, political interventions and political policy have consequences across a myriad of debates. 

You simply cannot say stop point scoring if some facts about how the Government policy is being monitored in relation to this pandemic when that topic comes into play, that is way too simplistic. This thread is peppered with comments surrounding different views on the virus.

I know and that’s a fair point it just irritates me when this  particular thread becomes overtly political given the number of other threads available for that.

i also think the austerity peace in relation to NHS is overstated, it might have made a small difference but all over the world health systems are being crushed, hospitals are being built in days etc.  It just feels like a cheap shot as austerity or not the NHS could never have been fully prepared for this pandemic as literally no one is.  

Edited by Brighton Jambo

joondalupjambo
3 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

I know and that’s a fair point it just irritates me when this  particular thread becomes overtly political given the number of other threads available for that.

i also think the austerity peace in relation to NHS is overstated, it might have made a small difference but all over the world health systems are being crushed, hospitals are being built in days etc.  It just feels like a cheap shot as austerity or not the NHS could never have been fully prepared for this pandemic as literally no one is.  

Look I get it, I do and I can see how we all defend our positions, natural.

I think the irony is doing something and then being kicked because you do it, the Police using new technology example I used.  It just makes it all seem so mad, mad in a sense that it feels that all leaders are in circles even in calmer times when making decisions.

Mad leaders now there is an entirely different topic, sure there is a Trump thread somewhere for those who want to debate him :)

joondalupjambo
24 minutes ago, heartstastic said:

Great informative video....i await the 'usual' replys though😀

Opening sequence is Perth, Western Australia which houses a number of world leading health outlets and research centres.

Wonder if this boy is based there?

Very interesting stuff but he defo has an agenda, need to have another view of it though and try to work out what his angle is.

Anti a lot though that is for sure.

Jambo-Jimbo
9 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

If all deaths to which the virus contributed are counted  then the number is going to be misleadingly scary. Given that on average 1700 die every day in normal times the key number is how many more are dying now

There was a piece on Sky News the other day, in which one of the modelers (can't remember who) had speculated that anything from a half to two-thirds of those who have/will die, would statistically have died anyway within the next 6 to 12 months due to either their age and or poor health, coronavirus just tipped them over the edge so to speak.

That left about one third of deaths which would be unexpected and that figure was something between 6,000 to 10,000 extra deaths more than what would have been normally expected.

I have no idea if those figures are correct, wrong or whatever.

58 minutes ago, kila said:

Tried ****scotland?

That's someone's on here JKB password. Probably! :D

Edited by ri Alban

The Old Tolbooth
1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Don’t forget the Armed forces cuts too, 106k soldiers in the Army which is 103k less than in 1939. Don’t slag the Tories on a thread where their austerity is a critical part of the ongoing problems.

Anyone on twitter go and look at this thread.

4AB73308-5328-4EFB-8A59-CFA7ECCC7BA7.jpeg

Backed up by this video from a doctor (apologies if already posted). the Tories have blood on their hands big time! 

This pandemic seems to have already caused significant mental damage to our resident conspiracy theory members.

Sad, really.

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

Backed up by this video from a doctor (apologies if already posted). the Tories have blood on their hands big time! 

Yeah I watched yesterday, not the only one saying this.

Brighton Jambo
33 minutes ago, joondalupjambo said:

Look I get it, I do and I can see how we all defend our positions, natural.

I think the irony is doing something and then being kicked because you do it, the Police using new technology example I used.  It just makes it all seem so mad, mad in a sense that it feels that all leaders are in circles even in calmer times when making decisions.

Mad leaders now there is an entirely different topic, sure there is a Trump thread somewhere for those who want to debate him :)

That I agree with, I thought police using drones was a great idea.  Then they go get hammered for it.   

The latest from the DCMO on PPE is that there has always been enough stock in the system but the system wasn't getting it out.   They thought they had sorted out their logistics but then found out they hadn't.    Total waffle after that.

This specific issue will come back to bite.    

Edited by Victorian

Please keep political commentary out of this thread.  There are other threads for political discussions.

I realise that sometimes the pandemic and politics overlap, but blatant political point-scoring should be avoided.

Thanks.

Brighton Jambo
2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Don’t forget the Armed forces cuts too, 106k soldiers in the Army which is 103k less than in 1939. Don’t slag the Tories on a thread where their austerity is a critical part of the ongoing problems.

Anyone on twitter go and look at this thread.

4AB73308-5328-4EFB-8A59-CFA7ECCC7BA7.jpeg

Removed based on admin intervention above.  

Edited by Brighton Jambo

The first inkling of a logistical problem.    Would you not turn to the gold standard for logistics?   The Army.    The British Army are the most professional army in the world.    Logistics is what they do.   The whole show should have been handed over at the first sign of trouble.

2 minutes ago, Victorian said:

The first inkling of a logistical problem.    Would you not turn to the gold standard for logistics?   The Army.    The British Army are the most professional army in the world.    Logistics is what they do.   The whole show should have been handed over at the first sign of trouble.

Logistics problem turn over to Amazon....

Total dither and supply shortages in the testing as well.    Now they're on about postal testing,   despite outlining the risks involved with it regarding delays affecting results.      For me there's a bit of a **** up going on.     Rabbit in the headlights stuff.

Unknown user
20 minutes ago, cannonfoda said:

Logistics problem turn over to Amazon....

Yeah exactly, already in daily use on  massive scale, everything's in place, the people, warehouses, hardware, systems, vehicles, knowledge.

Tempted to grass on the neighbours. Neither side of me really adhering to the government rules, constantly heading out and having family round. Normally I wouldn't care but it's assholes like this that will have us locked in for longer.

Scottish Criminal Bar Association mumbojumbo-ing about non-jury trials being retained after this is over.    "This is a Trojan Horse... ".

Utter nonsense.    Bugger off.

The Mighty Thor
21 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Total dither and supply shortages in the testing as well.    Now they're on about postal testing,   despite outlining the risks involved with it regarding delays affecting results.      For me there's a bit of a **** up going on.     Rabbit in the headlights stuff.

The testing thing is putting us miles behind the control curve. This is why we'll be 6 weeks lockdown minimum. 

They've no idea if we've got 150,000 infections, 1.5 million infections or 15 million infections.

No idea so how an they manage the response.

Finger in the air stuff. 

For info.

WHO: “NO MASK, NO PROBLEM”

The World Health Organization (WHO), has published a new technical report today in which it ensures that the new coronavirus is not transmitted by air, but by the contact of respiratory drops of patients affected by the disease.

For transmission to take place, both people must be within a metre ot each other, and the infected person must cough or sneeze.
In addition, the United Nations agency has admitted that the new coronavirus can also be spread if the patient touches a surface, and then a healthy person does so too, or that the latter uses objects from the patient, such as a thermometer.
In this sense, the WHO has reported that airborne transmission occurs when there is a presence of microbes within the droplet nuclei, which can remain in the air for long periods of time and be transmitted to others at distances greater than one metre.
However, they insisted on the little scientific evidence that exists about the possibility that the new coronavirus is transmitted through the air, although it has recognized that air transmission may be possible in specific circumstances and environments in which they are carried out.
For example, it can be transmitted when endotracheal intubation has occurred, bronchoscopy, administration of nebulized treatment, manual ventilation before intubation, when the patient has been placed in the prone position, when the patient has been disconnected from a ventilator, or when positive pressure noninvasive ventilation, tracheostomy, and cardiopulmonary resuscitation are performed.

“There is no risk of contagion if you do not wear a mask on the street.”

The WHO has rejected the use of masks by the healthy population who are not in contact with patients, and has insisted that the need for adequate hand hygiene, disinfection, and maintaining distance of more than one metre is far more important.
On this point, the deputy director of the Center for Coordination of Health Alerts and Emergencies, María José Sierra, has ensured that “there is no risk” of getting the virus if you do not wear a mask in public when out on the street.

Sierra reconfirmed that the use of masks is to prevent the transmission of respiratory drops from the patient with coronavirus, and protect healthcare professionals.

Short URL: https://www.canarianweekly.com/?p=52722

Posted by  admin on Mar 30 2020. Filed under Local News, Home Page Featured. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. Both comments and pings are currently closed.

https://www.canarianweekly.com/who-no-mask-problem/

Just now, The Mighty Thor said:

The testing thing is putting us miles behind the control curve. This is why we'll be 6 weeks lockdown minimum. 

They've no idea if we've got 150,000 infections, 1.5 million infections or 15 million infections.

No idea so how an they manage the response.

Finger in the air stuff. 

It's confused dither.    They've just realised the bottle of testing reagent is not bottomless.    They know results can be compromised by delays with postal testing but are going to do it anyway.

Target.   25,000 per day.   A month off,  even if they could get there.

Stated daily number today.   12,600.

Actual number.    Under 8,000.

Brighton Jambo
3 minutes ago, Victorian said:

It's confused dither.    They've just realised the bottle of testing reagent is not bottomless.    They know results can be compromised by delays with postal testing but are going to do it anyway.

Definitely agree testing is now the long pole in the tent to really get on top of this.  Actually pleased to hear the issue is lack of a certain chemicals to do the tests as at least that is a tangible problem that maybe innovative solutions could help address such as with the ventilator situation.  Before today there didn’t seem to be a real reason why we couldn’t do it.  

Edited by Brighton Jambo

3 hours ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Every single country in the world is seeing its Health resources stretched to absolute breaking point whether they over or under invested over the last decade.   No country was resourced for this and never could be.   Give the whole political point scoring a rest it doesn’t belong on this thread. 

I'm willing to give governments leeway. South Korea tests and traces because it was geared up to do so after previous viruses. 

I turn on the tv and the Government says, and has said for 2 weeks that protective equipment is available for all health workers who need it. But we're still reading stories of health workers going to DIY stores and asking patients for the equipment. Are the health workers making political points? 

7 minutes ago, Victorian said:

I assumed it was 25,000 tests a day. Boris said it would be 4 or 5 weeks ago.

Just now, Mikey1874 said:

I assumed it was 25,000 tests a day. Boris said it would be 4 or 5 weeks ago.

Nope.   Today they said 25,000 is about a month away.    It's 8000 just now.

Brighton Jambo
6 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

I'm willing to give governments leeway. South Korea tests and traces because it was geared up to do so after previous viruses. 

I turn on the tv and the Government says, and has said for 2 weeks that protective equipment is available for all health workers who need it. But we're still reading stories of health workers going to DIY stores and asking patients for the equipment. Are the health workers making political points? 

No I’m am sure they aren’t and it’s not good enough.  From what I have seen big strides have been made in the last few days by bringing in the army so why wasn’t that done earlier.   From what I am reading though and as you say is it’s not a supply issues as in the PPE does exist, but more of a logistics situation of getting to to the right place.  I’m not defending them as it clearly been a failing but I can understand why some things have not worked as well as it should.  The sheer scale of what the government is trying to deal with at once across so many elements of society is mind boggling and I don’t think any government anywhere could have been fully prepared across every area.  

to repeat I am not saying this should stop questions being asked when things don’t work.  

Jambo-Jimbo
31 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Scottish Criminal Bar Association mumbojumbo-ing about non-jury trials being retained after this is over.    "This is a Trojan Horse... ".

Utter nonsense.    Bugger off.

I think the guy just wanted his mug on the TV.

Just now, Jambo-Jimbo said:

I think the guy just wanted his mug on the TV.

He should self isolate his big sweaty coupon down the Tex Ritter.    Welt.

13 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Nope.   Today they said 25,000 is about a month away.    It's 8000 just now.

Complete incompetence of those at the top running our government. It's becoming a bit like Trump's daily lies, maybe it is similar pages from Steve Bannon's playbook.

Need skilled people to sort this mess out, not the clowns who thought they were the bees knees but are so obviously being found out.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Removed based on admin intervention above.  

Any reason why? I take it you reported it?

Brighton Jambo

I tell you one thing if I see one more blond haired backpacker whining on TV that they are stuck in the Galápagos Islands or deepest darkest Sri Lanka I am going to scream!  What the hell were they still doing there as this pandemic approached anyway.  We have so much more for the government to deal with than flying Tarquin home.   Interesting that in the same article the WHO have advised against shutting borders and banning flights at this stage as there is no point.  That’s surprised me.  

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic