Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

Just now, GinRummy said:

Princess Maria Theresa of Spain died. 

Thanks, reading that now, she was 86. I am genuinely interested to see how this affects the richest of the rich.

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, kila said:

Thanks, reading that now, she was 86. I am genuinely interested to see how this affects the richest of the rich.

It will be interesting. Seems to be a lot of actors, politicians etc who I’d expect to be wealthy. Not sure if they’d be in the 1% or not though  

highlandjambo3
38 minutes ago, kila said:

The amount of greed is becoming clearer and clearer every day. The richest are still wanting more, and willing to protect their privilege, no matter the cost. We're hardly all in this together.

Wonder what the fatality rate of this virus is on the top 1%...

Agreed.....those two good morning tv gits.....Schofield and Willoughby grate my gears.....pair of self centred twats.....how many jobs do they have between them?  And, the importance of their jobs in keeping us all entertained as well as how brave they must be to go into the studio every day will ensure they both are well rewarded in the future (Obe etc...)

1 minute ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Agreed.....those two good morning tv gits.....Schofield and Willoughby grate my gears.....pair of self centred twats.....how many jobs do they have between them?  And, the importance of their jobs in keeping us all entertained as well as how brave they must be to go into the studio every day will ensure they both are well rewarded in the future (Obe etc...)

Great tits though. 

Brighton Jambo
27 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

They told the G-Tech guy not to bother despite him wanting to help.Wtf was that about.

See below;

A FIRM that stepped up to help build thousands of much-needed ventilators was turned down by the Government because it failed to meet its standards, the city’s MP has said.

Worcester-based Gtech, which answered an important Government call to help design and build some of the 30,000 required ventilators to deal with an expected flood of coronavirus patients, was told last week its services were no longer required by the government.

City MP Robin Walker said: “My understanding is that, having checked with the Department for Health, Gtech failed the specifications and didn’t quite meet what had been set which is why they weren’t asked to produce any more.”

Gtech owner Nick Grey said his team’s ventilators had not been “snubbed” and he was relieved the government was not forced to use his “rudimentary” designs because the coronavirus crisis was so bad.

He said it would need to be a “big shock” and “real emergency” if Gtech’s rudimentary ventilators were needed by the NHS at this stage.

“It’s good for everybody that they didn’t need the simple option because it would mean we were in a very desperate situation,” he said.

31 minutes ago, kila said:

The medical resources available for the top 1% will be enormous so I can't see any of them getting too worried. Need a high end ventilator and all round care in your home? No problem. Need supposed short supply chloroquine to mitigate the effects? Here you go.

Not trying to derail this thread into the conspiracy one but I am curious if there are any notable deaths of the richest yet. Prince Charlie only experienced mild symptoms but I wonder if that is the full story and what treatment he got that others would be denied due to resources.

Work out the odds of any individual actually dying from the virus. It's miniscule.

A tiny fraction of the population actually contracts the virus and a very small number of them will die.

Not surprising that there are not too many of any demographic never mind the richest.

If the south of England does get the expected good weather this weekend I think the police could have a busy, but profitable, weekend. 

I would suggest that the trends could well be showing a greater acceleration than the commonly stated expectation from models.    Diffilcult to nail down due to the long lag times between measures-infection-symptoms-hospitalisation-ICU-deaths.    Pretty brutal 2-3 weeks ahead.

Can't blame them but BBC reporting anecdotal evidence that some NHS staff have begun to choose not to tend to patients if they don't have PPE.     Staff still going ahead without it and some die.     Horror story.

Jambo-Jimbo
1 hour ago, Cade said:

20th March: EasyJet pays out over £170million in dividends.

31st March: EasyJet begs for a government bailout.

*yes, I know that the dividend was announced at the AGM in february and was legally binding 

:bolt:

Link please.

2 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Guy on the news just now said to expect a thousand deaths a day by the weekend.

It's going up x5 over 7 days.    We'll be lucky if it's 1000.

Footballfirst

If the UK and Italy continue on their current trajectories we could see the UK report more new cases than Italy tomorrow.

It can only be from lockdown measures undershooting expectations.    It's becoming alarmingly possible that we're in a shit position.   

2 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

If the UK and Italy continue on their current trajectories we could see the UK report more new cases than Italy tomorrow.

Heads should roll for our lack of preparedness for and reaction to the pandemic but, inevitably, won't.

30 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

See below;

A FIRM that stepped up to help build thousands of much-needed ventilators was turned down by the Government because it failed to meet its standards, the city’s MP has said.

Worcester-based Gtech, which answered an important Government call to help design and build some of the 30,000 required ventilators to deal with an expected flood of coronavirus patients, was told last week its services were no longer required by the government.

City MP Robin Walker said: “My understanding is that, having checked with the Department for Health, Gtech failed the specifications and didn’t quite meet what had been set which is why they weren’t asked to produce any more.”

Gtech owner Nick Grey said his team’s ventilators had not been “snubbed” and he was relieved the government was not forced to use his “rudimentary” designs because the coronavirus crisis was so bad.

He said it would need to be a “big shock” and “real emergency” if Gtech’s rudimentary ventilators were needed by the NHS at this stage.

“It’s good for everybody that they didn’t need the simple option because it would mean we were in a very desperate situation,” he said.

Been updated was different story from same site 4 days ago.Glad we can wait months on Dyson getting theres going though 😒

Crazy to think that the UK death total could be on or around the same figure as China (aye right). 

Scary to think how much the Chinese have covered this up.

Robbo-Jambo
3 hours ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Wish I'd had the balls to stand up and do it face to face but as NHS staff are now finding, we all know what the response would be 

He was. I'm a firm believer in what goes around comes around. His shocking treatment of good honest people will bite him in the arse big time one day

Hope so mate. 

Stay safe 👍

2 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Heads should roll for our lack of preparedness for and reaction to the pandemic but, inevitably, won't.

The get out of jail card is that the UK is not alone.   US and the European countries.     

Brighton Jambo

Just found out I’ve got a close and vulnerable family member displaying the symptoms of COVID-19.  Really not the day for that news to come through.

Im going to bow out of this site for a while as I’m not sure my being on here is going to do my mood much good.

To all of you, even those I have my regular run ins with, I hope you and yours stay safe and well and see you all on the other side.  

Edited by Brighton Jambo

1 minute ago, Victorian said:

The get out of jail card is that the UK is not alone.   US and the European countries.     

Germany appears to have done relatively well.

2 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Just found out I’ve got a close and vulnerable family member displaying the symptoms of COVID-19.  Really not the day for that news to come through.

Im going to bow out of this site for a while as I’m not sure my being on here is going to do my mood much good.

To all of you, even those I have my regular run ins with, I hope you and yours stay safe and well and see you all on the other side.  

I hope that everything turns out ok, BJ. Take care.

11 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

All the best to them.

joondalupjambo
1 hour ago, Victorian said:

Motor vehicle use takes a sharp increase from it's low point.    Just as the police were being criticised for their application of lockdown.    Coincidence?

Was not quick enough to see that point. When I saw the graph during the daily briefing my take on the increased car usage was simply that it is month end and a large number of people get paid at that point.  Get paid, time for a Friday Big Shop so jump in cars and head to the bigger supermarkets to do one.  Through the month shopping at local, smaller shops for less amounts of goods, no need for car then get the dosh in the bank at month end and spending spree further afield.

I just had to check what day of the week it is.    

:facepalm:

That's not happened since the 7 week bender of 1989.

Jambo-Jimbo
15 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Hope that it's a false alarm and everything turns out ok. 👍

ken.jpg

Worker in the Amazon plant in Fife tests positive.

Staff are already unhappy at the lack of any kind of PPE and blatant disregard of distancing guidelines.

It'll tear through that place like wildfire.

Jambo-Jimbo
16 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Germany appears to have done relatively well.

Germany also admits it was lucky, in that it's first cases were young fit skiers returning from Italy, whom they managed to trace pretty much all of their contacts, this slowed the spread down by a few weeks, however that's all changed in the last sort of 10 days or so because it's now the older generation that's testing positive, so the situation might be about to change in Germany.  A case of watch this space.

Just now, Cade said:

Staff are already unhappy at the lack of any kind of PPE and blatant disregard of distancing guidelines.

Interesting, this has just come up on my fb ( not that I am looking) wonder if the same place.

****IMMEDIATE START ROLE****

Warehouse Operatives required for online retailer. It’s all hands on deck at our client based in Dunfermline

Day shift - 7am - 5:30pm
Night shift - 18.45pm - 4.15am

Days: £9.50 per hr + an additional £2 per hr
Nights: £11.21 per hr + an additional £2 per hr

*Additional rates apply to 30th April 2020

Measures have been implemented to enable respectful distancing whilst onsite

Applications /CVs to [email protected]

No DMs will be answered on messenger please make contact via email

Tommy Brown
1 hour ago, Victorian said:

So Peston did not follow up on Gove's reagent bullshit from yesterday.

The whole meeting was a let down.

I thought Peston would go for it and he let down.

Another guy asked for targets for testing of NHS Staff for a weeks time, He got a lot of bluster.

Stupid bint asked what the exit plan will be. We didnt even have an entry plan and no idea we actually are the moment. What answer did she expect?

I dont know if with it being Video Conference, they didnt seem to get a chance to counter any answer.

All bluster.

Robbo-Jambo
16 minutes ago, Victorian said:

😅 Know what you mean. 

Totally confused every morning when waking up. 

8 minutes ago, Cade said:

There’s at least one poster on here works there. Be interesting to hear it from the horses mouth if he reds this. 

8 minutes ago, steve123 said:

Interesting, this has just come up on my fb ( not that I am looking) wonder if the same place.

****IMMEDIATE START ROLE****

Warehouse Operatives required for online retailer. It’s all hands on deck at our client based in Dunfermline

Day shift - 7am - 5:30pm
Night shift - 18.45pm - 4.15am

Days: £9.50 per hr + an additional £2 per hr
Nights: £11.21 per hr + an additional £2 per hr

*Additional rates apply to 30th April 2020

Measures have been implemented to enable respectful distancing whilst onsite

Applications /CVs to [email protected]

No DMs will be answered on messenger please make contact via email

It will be.

Care home residents over 75 being railroaded into signing DNR forms and no hospital places for them.

Sinful.   

scottishguy

Care home residents over 75 being railroaded into signing DNR forms and no hospital places for them.

Sinful.   

Why would they need to goto hospital if a DNR has been filled out, where did you hear this from?

Only ask as the other half works in a care home.

1 minute ago, scottishguy said:

Why would they need to goto hospital if a DNR has been filled out, where did you hear this from?

A doctor said it on C4 news.

1 minute ago, scottishguy said:

the only story i've seen is a GP surgery apologising to patients with life limiting conditions being sent the DNR to sign through the post

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-52117814

56 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Hope it all works out well.

Stay safe mate.

50 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Germany also admits it was lucky, in that it's first cases were young fit skiers returning from Italy, whom they managed to trace pretty much all of their contacts, this slowed the spread down by a few weeks, however that's all changed in the last sort of 10 days or so because it's now the older generation that's testing positive, so the situation might be about to change in Germany.  A case of watch this space.

The surprising figure is the low number of folk that are dying compared to the number who are infected.

UK: 29,474 cases - 2,352 deaths

Germany: 76,544 cases - 858 deaths

That can't all be down to increased testing. When they're actually airlifting French patients in Alsace to German hospitals, you know they're doing something right.

But, as you say, let's wait and see,

Shanks said no
1 hour ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Good luck Brighton, thoughts are with you

4 minutes ago, redjambo said:

The surprising figure is the low number of folk that are dying compared to the number who are infected.

That can't all be down to increased testing. When they're actually airlifting French patients in Alsace to German hospitals, you know they're doing something right.

It could definitely be down to increased testing imo. If they’re managing to test people with mild symptoms then that could fully account for it. 

How many folk in the uk have actually had it/got it.  300k, 500k, more?

Edited by GinRummy

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

It could definitely be down to increased testing imo. If they’re managing to test people with mild symptoms then that could fully account for it. 

Germany has a population of 83 million compared to the UK's 68 million and yet so far has only a third of the number of deaths from the virus, and you don't consider that unusual?

5 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Do they not count the cause of death different ?

So they only call it a covid-19 death if they have no underlying conditions.

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic