Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

Didn't want to be specific and potentially become a catalyst in their scaremongering.

If interested, it's on their email portals front page, it involves petrol.

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

highlandjambo3
3 hours ago, vegas-voss said:

Totally if there is a rich guy and two poor guys but one of the poor has a little more than the poorest guy he will side with the rich guy is the mentality there.

Don’t forget the gun count.......between the 3 of them there is likely to be about 10-15 guns

Dagger Is Back
1 hour ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Article today saying that ASOS the clothes company have a warehouse in Barnsley that has 4000 workers with 500 working at any one time. 

The employees saying that there is no way they can keep the 2 metres safe distancing rule and are quite rightly worried about catching the virus and spreading it. 

This company is not on the governments list to close down and is on the exemption list. 

So this means that a clothes company is classed as an essential business to keep open. 

Absolutely bloody farcical and an unnecessary danger imo 😏

I started work in a warehouse picking and packing food orders. We’re classed as an emergency service.

I started on Sat 21 March. The place was rammed. You operate in two aisles, using a hand held scanner to pick items and then box them

It was 5 days later that they provided face masks, gloves, wipes and sanitiser. It was 7 days after starting that they told people to disinfect equipment and high viz vests.

Gloves are not compulsory.

Warehouse Manager came to speak to me yesterday and was standing over my shoulder. I reminded him about distancing and he moved closer and said, just get on with your job and stop being a smart arse.

Shelves are being packed as picking in gong on, aisles are cramped due to pallets being left lying and because there’s no one way system,folks are everywhere 

There is zero chance of distancing guidelines being met.

Suspect many similar situations up and down the country

Even the footage of the police out and about last night shows they can’t get it right either 

1 hour ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Article today saying that ASOS the clothes company have a warehouse in Barnsley that has 4000 workers with 500 working at any one time. 

The employees saying that there is no way they can keep the 2 metres safe distancing rule and are quite rightly worried about catching the virus and spreading it. 

This company is not on the governments list to close down and is on the exemption list. 

So this means that a clothes company is classed as an essential business to keep open. 

Absolutely bloody farcical and an unnecessary danger imo 😏

I am an "essential" worker and it is impossible to maintain tain a 2 meter distance between myself and others as well. I don't think he rule must apply in certain circumstances. It is not feasible. Like the police example above.

Edited by hughesie27

It's an intriguing sub-plot though.     The trade organisation are already talking about it.    Obviously part of a plan to reduce retail supply to prop up price.

highlandjambo3
1 hour ago, Victorian said:

Also,    turning a blind eye to as much business continuing to operate = less of a draw down on the workers retention scheme.    

Seen a woman dropped off outside my gaff by a taxi yesterday.......that can’t be right surly. Are taxis exempt?  I mean the black cabs where the driver is separated by a protection screen is ok but, surly not the private car type of vehicle.

12 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

I started work in a warehouse picking and packing food orders. We’re classed as an emergency service.

I started on Sat 21 March. The place was rammed. You operate in two aisles, using a hand held scanner to pick items and then box them

It was 5 days later that they provided face masks, gloves, wipes and sanitiser. It was 7 days after starting that they told people to disinfect equipment and high viz vests.

Warehouse Manager came to speak to me yesterday and was standing over my shoulder. I reminded him about distancing and he moved closer and said, just get on with your job and stop being a smart arse.

Shelves are being packed as picking in gong on, aisles are cramped due to pallets being left lying and because there’s no one way system,folks are everywhere 

Even the footage of the police out and about last night shows they can’t get it right either 

Your warehouse manager is a dick.

From reading your previous posts I get that you need the job but if it’s possible you should be reporting him to whoever it may concern.

Blatant disregard for an employees wellbeing.

Ehllhayapeh
16 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

France now as well & the UK most probably.

Italy, Spain, France & the US have all now had more deaths and in a shorter period than China did.

I worked in China. When I say nothing that comes out of China can be trusted its because the regime downplays a crisis and whistleblowers tend to disappear. I know first hand how dodgy China is with fake food, fake medicine and state propaganda. I had the misfortune of a 14 night stay in a hospital there.

The official figures cant be trusted. They knew about this virus a number of weeks before but the CCP conference was in Wuhan and only finished on 17th January. Theres no doubt in my mind that the true figure of deaths in China is 10s of x higher than the authorities say it is.

They reported 0 cases a few days in a row. Now reports it wasnt 0 and as china opens up the spread is starting again.

I really hope the world holds them to account over this.

Brighton Jambo
19 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Are there any Trade Unions in your workplace? 

Footballfirst

Latest Scottish figures

New cases 317 (430* yesterday) to 2,310 - * backlog of returns from one lab inflated this figure

New deaths 16 (13 yesterday) to a total of 76

147 patients now in ICU (135 yesterday)

And as of noon that’s all the Edinburgh festival in august cancelled. 
Official Festival, Fringe, Book Festival, Art Festival, and of course The Tattoo. 

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Tazio said:

And as of noon that’s all the Edinburgh festival in august cancelled. 
Official Festival, Fringe, Book Festival, Art Festival, and of course The Tattoo. 

Was just going to mention that, gives an idea of how long they reckon this will still be affecting normal life.

Has cabin fever set in for anyone yet?  Me and the wife arguing like ****.  It's all doing my head in and it's only been a week ffs.

...a bit disco
Just now, BlackJAC? said:

Has cabin fever set in for anyone yet?  Me and the wife arguing like ****.  It's all doing my head in and it's only been a week ffs.

Same here.

****in brutal.

1 minute ago, BlackJAC? said:

Have you found interesting things to do to pass the time? That's pretty important in order to avoid cabin fever.

1 hour ago, Dagger Is Back said:

I get the repatriation and cargo flights Dave but 7 flights from Montreal arrived at HR at 630am from 7 different airlines this morning. There are loads of other examples. Can’t possibly be simply for the two reasons above

Flight radar shows a shed load of flights and China and USA looks like any normal day according to my learned friend  

7 flights never arrived from Montreal, 1 flight arrived from Montreal with 7 shared flight codes from 7 different airline partners.

8 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Was just going to mention that, gives an idea of how long they reckon this will still be affecting normal life.

More to do with the planning I would have thought.

8 minutes ago, BlackJAC? said:

We're the opposite, used to argue all the time. Now realise life's too  short.

Dagger Is Back
1 hour ago, Victorian said:

Crisis will close petrol stations

1 hour ago, Old Blue Eyes said:

Didn't want to be specific and potentially become a catalyst in their scaremongering.

If interested, it's on their email portals front page, it involves petrol.

Thanks fellas. To be honest doesn't cause any more stress than already exists. 

Dagger Is Back
41 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Are there any Trade Unions in your workplace? 

I'm temping so none that I've been told about. To be honest I'm now finished. It was becoming increasingly uncomfortable there and seeing guys going for a pee and then not washing their hands and others sneezing openly was just the final straw. I've written to the local MP but I'm done. Feel sorry for the folks who feel trapped there. Must are from the EU. 

Will deliver Pizzas if I have to or fruit picking

Thanks B Jambo

Seymour M Hersh
4 hours ago, vegas-voss said:

The power of Fox news

Which is doubtful as virtually all other media are totally against tango man. 

Dagger Is Back
13 minutes ago, graygo said:

7 flights never arrived from Montreal, 1 flight arrived from Montreal with 7 shared flight codes from 7 different airline partners.

Ah thanks for clarifying that Graygo. I wondered how they'd be dealing with 7 flights all at the same time

Pasquale for King
8 minutes ago, graygo said:

Nothing to do with the fact that people won’t be willing to travel or be able to fly in, or gatherings still being banned? That why the Olympic is off too? The Euros? All planning? The planning for these events would have been well down the line if not completed.

Jambo-Jimbo
50 minutes ago, Ehllhayapeh said:

I worked in China. When I say nothing that comes out of China can be trusted its because the regime downplays a crisis and whistleblowers tend to disappear. I know first hand how dodgy China is with fake food, fake medicine and state propaganda. I had the misfortune of a 14 night stay in a hospital there.

The official figures cant be trusted. They knew about this virus a number of weeks before but the CCP conference was in Wuhan and only finished on 17th January. Theres no doubt in my mind that the true figure of deaths in China is 10s of x higher than the authorities say it is.

They reported 0 cases a few days in a row. Now reports it wasnt 0 and as china opens up the spread is starting again.

I really hope the world holds them to account over this.

Absolutely.

To me, it is getting clearer day by day that the Chinese figures are a pile of BS and I think the rest of the World is slowly coming to that same conclusion as well.

davemclaren
14 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

I'm temping so none that I've been told about. To be honest I'm now finished. It was becoming increasingly uncomfortable there and seeing guys going for a pee and then not washing their hands and others sneezing openly was just the final straw. I've written to the local MP but I'm done. Feel sorry for the folks who feel trapped there. Must are from the EU. 

Thanks B Jambo

Sounds horrendous. 

Dagger Is Back
1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

Sounds horrendous. 

It was Dave but a sign of how desperate some folks are. 

Just now, Dagger Is Back said:

sadly due to that desperation people will do it

davemclaren
3 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Absolutely. 

Dagger Is Back
1 minute ago, milky_26 said:

sadly due to that desperation people will do it

I met loads of folks there from all walks of life. Business owners, sound technicians, retail staff, pub and restaurant workers and a shed load of EU and further afield citizens. Spoke to a guy whose landlord has just evicted him because he was late with his rent after his previous job disappeared. All for £8.21ph in some cases

Really sad

Brighton Jambo
20 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Thanks B Jambo

Sorry to hear that and hope you get something quickly.

well done for writing to MP, we need to get all those places sorted or we will be stuck in the house for months longer than needed.  

33 minutes ago, graygo said:

We're the same. Two weeks in, and there hasn't been a raised voice or strop from anyone. All those stupid flashpoints when you're running about being busy having to be somewhere for a certain time, just gone. Remarkable really. 

29 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Thanks fellas. To be honest doesn't cause any more stress than already exists. 

Your welcome, but sadly, irresponsible articles of the same ilk will make people flip even more.

38 minutes ago, graygo said:

Exactly that. And people not being willing to take the risk of preparing something that may not happen at great expense. 

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, Old Blue Eyes said:

WTF is wrong with the editors of AOL.co.uk's email front page?

It highlights the closing of a service that will inevitably create another panic buy. is this deliberate?

AOL's chiefs (arseholes) should be severely reprimanded for this type of scaremongering.

Is that the petrol stations closing headline. When I saw it I thought "oh queues outside forecourts now". But it is a story that petrol stations may (like many other business) go under as a result of loss of income and the main threat was in rural areas, where many are struggling anyway. I have seen a few headlines including the other day "Tesco to close shops" that seem almost designed to create panic. The Tesco one was about the possible closure of some shops later this year ,,, shop closures have been routine  since long before Coronavirus came along.

John Findlay
35 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Which is doubtful as virtually all other media are totally against tango man. 

What's Jimmy Calderwood done now?

Robbo-Jambo
1 hour ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Suspect you are right about similar situations. 

Your boss sounds a right bell end. 😏

41 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Nothing to do with the fact that people won’t be willing to travel or be able to fly in, or gatherings still being banned? That why the Olympic is off too? The Euros? All planning? The planning for these events would have been well down the line if not completed.

You don't know if any of that will be the case. It's unlikely so that creates uncertainty.

I do know that they would have to start planning now to have it in August and they have cancelled it because of the uncertainty.

21 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Is that the petrol stations closing headline. When I saw it I thought "oh queues outside forecourts now". But it is a story that petrol stations may (like many other business) go under as a result of loss of income and the main threat was in rural areas, where many are struggling anyway. I have seen a few headlines including the other day "Tesco to close shops" that seem almost designed to create panic. The Tesco one was about the possible closure of some shops later this year ,,, shop closures have been routine  since long before Coronavirus came along.

Yes, here is the copied and pasted click bait headline...Petrol stations ‘will have to close due to impact of Covid-19’ shocking statement when only referring to remote stations. An even smaller headline stated "Crisis will close petrol stations".

No question, they'll be correct, but flashing these headlines in the current climate does not help the hellish situation we all find ourselves in.

Edited by Old Blue Eyes

2 hours ago, Brighton Jambo said:

For most people yes, for some posters on here no.  Literally every few days they find something to get furious about and start throwing about very hyperbolic language l.  

And every day you point this out while supporting the government. Political posts work both ways. 

56 minutes ago, graygo said:

Yeah, we weren't constantly arguing but we would bicker and snipe at each other waaaaaay too much. Now, there's none of that. 

The wife also showed me an article where a couple started "timeouts" for the parents as well. If one of them started to get narky and snap at the kids, they would get sent for half an hour time out. Apparently, it's worked wonders for them.

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, graygo said:

You don't know if any of that will be the case. It's unlikely so that creates uncertainty.

I do know that they would have to start planning now to have it in August and they have cancelled it because of the uncertainty.

Yeah they just started planning it now, I must’ve imagined those artists on tv over the last few days saying that they were perfecting their act as they believed it was still going ahead.

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, XB52 said:

And every day you point this out while supporting the government. Political posts work both ways. 

👍🏽

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yeah they just started planning it now, I must’ve imagined those artists on tv over the last few days saying that they were perfecting their act as they believed it was still going ahead.

Behave yourself mate, you're just plain wrong on this one.

Here's a wee pointer - It wasn't the acts that cancelled it.

Brighton Jambo
2 minutes ago, XB52 said:

I don’t support the government on this topic on everything, yesterday I was absolutely clear that the testing situation is completely unacceptable and needs sorted.  I said that more than once yesterday and will do so when something isn’t right.  I was also vocal about needing to move to lock down more quickly.  

I do support the government when it gets accused of things that are clearly nonsense and based on underlying bias.   For example last week it was claimed it bought Ventilators only from Dyson due to conservative cronyism.  Given the number of orders they have subsequently placed (and were always planning to place as I pointed out as happened to be a bit ITK) from other sources that has been proven to be total nonsense.  

I probably do lean more towards supporting the government than not but am trying hard not to be biased on this topic and will call out when they get it wrong.  

The Internet

Another 16 deaths in Scotland today, 29 in Wales. Going to be a high number for the total of the UK I reckon once England's are announced. 

3 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Another 16 deaths in Scotland today, 29 in Wales. Going to be a high number for the total of the UK I reckon once England's are announced. 

Saw that in Scotland but no regional breakdown yet. Glasgow and Strathclyde seemed to be far worse hit than anywhere else recently. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic