Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

The Real Maroonblood
8 minutes ago, Dennis Denuto said:

I have to say I don't really understand the benefits of mask wearing when you can remove it for 99% of your time in a premises. 

To me it seems like there is zero benefit to putting a mask on to go to the toilet, if you don't have one on when in your seats.

I agree.

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Herbert said:

What if conspiracy theorists have called alot of things out so far like vaccine passports, covid camps and mandatory jabs.

You missed out 5G 👍🏻

1 hour ago, JamesM48 said:

She’s on the power trip the day on the podium ! Be interesting to see how she will spin falling death rates , lower hospital and ICU admissions into the need for more restrictions . All very depressing really . I can guarantee it’ll be a “ cautious “ response as usual . I don’t watch her sermons as I I may spontaneously combust 😂😂😂 

hqdefault.jpg

So what will our resident spraffers have a go at now? SG doing what they wanted so surely they will be happy? Or will it be on to the next anti-SG campaign/conspiracy theory

4 minutes ago, XB52 said:

So what will our resident spraffers have a go at now? SG doing what they wanted so surely they will be happy? Or will it be on to the next anti-SG campaign/conspiracy theory

This resident spraffer (whatever that is) wants rid of unethical passports altogether.

I remember when they were a conspiracy theory...

4 minutes ago, escobri said:

Pleasantly surprised by the move to allow LFT’s , some common sense being used at long last. 

I think it may be the realisation that England played a blinder in dropping all restrictions in the summer  - allowing the spread in a vaccinated population.

Winter shiild be easier as a result 

2 hours ago, Roxy Hearts said:

I'm a little more sympathetic on the SG as they can't win James. I've lost my job and a good wage due to the virus and the impact its had.

Some on here have an axe to grind as we all know regardless of what decisions are made! Have a good day James.

Sorry to hear this regarding your job and income.  Hope that things improve for you 

2 hours ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

As long as Nicola keeps the pubs open.

🍺🍷

Yes

21 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

This resident spraffer (whatever that is) wants rid of unethical passports altogether.

I remember when they were a conspiracy theory...

Yes . They need binned all together. 

2 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

I think it may be the realisation that England played a blinder in dropping all restrictions in the summer  - allowing the spread in a vaccinated population.

Nice to see Elsie being sensible.  Good.  There really is no need for vaccine passports,  so any extension would have been unnecessary. Besides England seems to be riding the VP thing out and there is no noticeable differences in deaths etc pro rata compared to Scotland. This also includes Mask wearing. However  I still feel its almost cruel to get business worried about them maybe losing business .  A gun to the head mentality really.  However ill be kind and applaud the decision today. Lets hope it stays that way.  Im happy they didnt listen to the baying mob of the media.  The numbers seem to be in our favour now . Here's a pic of that stunning other Elsie who was one of those lucky woman/ men who improved with age...

R (3).jpg

21 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Sorry to hear this regarding your job and income.  Hope that things improve for you 

Thanks bud. I found a job with less income but there are people less fortunate than me.

27 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

Yep 👍

1 minute ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Thanks bud. I found a job with less income but there are people less fortunate than me.

I dropped a few pay scales to my current job and manage ok . However mine was voluntary and yours wasn’t so there’s a difference I guess but they can be positives too it too ? Maybe less stress ? Pressure ? 

1 hour ago, Herbert said:

So up to and including this summer when they said they weren't going to implement covid passes/passports that never happened?

Mandatory jabs to keep your job was never discussed either was the camps Australians are getting dragged into by the army. The only people that called it was conspiracy theorists.

You are very naive if you think a government saying NO will always mean NO, especially this government in the UK. It's no wonder you swallow all the claptrap conspiracy nonsense if you are that gullible. We knew they would introduce passports before they even mentioned them and especially when they started denying. 

Again, all you and the other nutters are doing is throwing every single claim in, conveniently forgetting ALL the nonsense that was claimed but never happened and then clinging to the "but look, this very obvious and widely discussed measure came true therefor all conspiracies are true and we were ahead of the curve. 

You aren't, you weren't and you're not. You're just one of many badly educated people who think search engines = research and are too untrained to think for themselves. 

I'll need a reliable citation for this latest army rounding folk up into camps claim, btw. 

Dennis Denuto
35 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

Despite the difference in restrictions Scotland has had more cases and a higher uptake of the booster - does that mean we would have the higher winter immunity?  The rest of the UK didn't ave that huge spike we had in September.

23 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

You are very naive if you think a government saying NO will always mean NO, especially this government in the UK. It's no wonder you swallow all the claptrap conspiracy nonsense if you are that gullible. We knew they would introduce passports before they even mentioned them and especially when they started denying. 

Again, all you and the other nutters are doing is throwing every single claim in, conveniently forgetting ALL the nonsense that was claimed but never happened and then clinging to the "but look, this very obvious and widely discussed measure came true therefor all conspiracies are true and we were ahead of the curve. 

You aren't, you weren't and you're not. You're just one of many badly educated people who think search engines = research and are too untrained to think for themselves. 

I'll need a reliable citation for this latest army rounding folk up into camps claim, btw. 

So if everything the government has said all along is crap then the vaccines aren't safe.

34 minutes ago, escobri said:

So is it well done to Sturgeon or Johnson?🤣 What a choice 🤯

😂😎

16 minutes ago, jonesy said:

It's a well-done to some of the hardest hit sectors of the economy for making their voices heard when the SG sent out Sacrificial Swinney recently.

👍👍

25 minutes ago, Herbert said:

So if everything the government has said all along is crap then the vaccines aren't safe.

:facepalm:
Where do you even begin to start with that.

What brought you to a place of such flawed, messed-up thought processes?  

1 hour ago, escobri said:

Pleasantly surprised by the move to allow LFT’s , some common sense being used at long last. 

Although more testing means more positive cases. One would hope that more emphasis is placed on 'percentage of positive tests' as opposed to 'new cases' when they next review the scheme.

Nucky Thompson
3 minutes ago, Rocco_Jambo said:

Although more testing means more positive cases. One would hope that more emphasis is placed on 'percentage of positive tests' as opposed to 'new cases' when they next review the scheme.

They don't count LFT's in the data, it's only PCR 

I dropped a few pay scales to my current job and manage ok . However mine was voluntary and yours wasn’t so there’s a difference I guess but they can be positives too it too ? Maybe less stress ? Pressure ? 

Yes, less stress and pressure! Delighted you're happy with your circumstances. 

4 minutes ago, Jonkel Hoon said:

There's been an outbreak......of common sense.

:) 

3 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Yes it certainly is.  I was the victim of my own success really.    In  my last job really as I studied for a  a post graduate qualification and then  I got more complex work thrown my way. ! 

STV news spewing tonight . They even rolled out my favourite Devri and that harridan from Aberdeen Health Board to spread their gloom.  Nae luck.

The LFT test  is the most sensible compromise really. 

Mind there was some people creaming themselves over the passports? 

Embarrassing from the govt. Total waste of time and resource. 

20 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

:) 

Yes it certainly is.  I was the victim of my own success really.    In  my last job really as I studied for a  a post graduate qualification and then  I got more complex work thrown my way. ! 

Education both a blessing and curse! 

32 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

You scan the code on the  thing you place the liquid in.

1 hour ago, indianajones said:

It is pretty clear that she has lost the ****in plot. 

1 hour ago, Jonkel Hoon said:

There's been an outbreak......of common sense.

Only on JKB 🤪

What a prick Sarwar is.  Thought he might be a reasonable guy but he's reverted to desperate nit picking and arsehole behaviour as a substitute for scrutiny.  Get a ****ing grip you erse.

Footballfirst

The LFT test  is the most sensible compromise really. 

LFTs are waste of time unless independently verified.

How it works elsewhere.

As part of the CoronaPass scheme in the Netherlands, you are required to show your vaccination status, or a negative LFT in their app, which allows for the vaxxed and unvaxxed to attend many venues.

However the LFT has to be carried out by an authorised clinic. You receive a link to the test result by SMS within an hour, and from there you can upload it to the app using a code provided. A negative LFT result provides your verification for the next 24 hours.

The tests are free (paid for by the Dutch government) so, while you have the inconvenience of having to get a test, it at least provides a more robust testing regime.

I am not suggesting that Scotland goes that far as there aren't that many events or venues that require verification. However if the requirement was extended to all venues (pubs, restaurants, cinemas and theatres), then that should be the approach used. 

1 hour ago, Alex Kintner said:

Only on JKB 🤪

Slightly out of context i would say. 

Common sense has prevailed which is what our lunatic leader should've went with in the first place. 

18 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

How it works elsewhere.

As part of the CoronaPass scheme in the Netherlands, you are required to show your vaccination status, or a negative LFT in their app, which allows for the vaxxed and unvaxxed to attend many venues.

However the LFT has to be carried out by an authorised clinic. You receive a link to the test result by SMS within an hour, and from there you can upload it to the app using a code provided. A negative LFT result provides your verification for the next 24 hours.

The tests are free (paid for by the Dutch government) so, while you have the inconvenience of having to get a test, it at least provides a more robust testing regime.

I am not suggesting that Scotland goes that far as there aren't that many events or venues that require verification. However if the requirement was extended to all venues (pubs, restaurants, cinemas and theatres), then that should be the approach used. 

Regards the bit in bold, that's not really free.

We need to stop spending so much on all this crap (imo). If we simply must have some form of passport make people pay for the tests, not the tax payer. 

Me = grumpy 😂

24 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

How it works elsewhere.

Going by the latest protests and riots the dutch dont seem very happy .

Footballfirst
Just now, Ked said:

Going by the latest protests and riots the dutch dont seem very happy .

They are not happy because hospitality venues now have a curfew of 8pm.

21 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

How it works elsewhere.

Best having neither then . Vaccine passports  are a complete waste of time really . She didn’t say that today but the LFT addition is basically saying it . 

7 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Regards the bit in bold, that's not really free.

We need to stop spending so much on all this crap (imo). If we simply must have some form of passport make people pay for the tests, not the tax payer. 

Me = grumpy 😂

And need to stop being hypochondriacs 

21 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Slightly out of context i would say. 

Common sense has prevailed which is what our lunatic leader should've went with in the first place. 

She clearly can’t win. Trying to be transparent and let businesses know weeks in advance that VP might be extended if data merits it. Looks at data and concludes it isn’t merited. Not sure what people want. Would you rather they made a decision four weeks in advance and stuck to it regardless of how the data then looked or would you rather they flexibility and are responsive to the data?

joondalupjambo

Perhaps a bit of politics at play here?  You support the drug consumption room pilots and we will not extend the VP's.

1 minute ago, jonesy said:

The Dentist was on PM earlier.

It could be inferred that he wasn't too happy about the non-extension of VPs. He repeatedly, with a hint of frustration in his nasally delivery, emphasised that the SG took three things into account when making the decision - public health, economics and social policy - and that his purview was only public health. Cracks beginning to show in the bond between the leech and the fish?

Hes definitely  been stood down lately.

Perhaps he can clarify on "off the ball" this weekend.

7 minutes ago, jonesy said:

It could be inferred that he wasn't too happy about the non-extension of VPs. He repeatedly, with a hint of frustration in his nasally delivery, emphasised that the SG took three things into account when making the decision - public health, economics and social policy - and that his purview was only public health. Cracks beginning to show in the bond between the leech and the fish?

Probably not relishing having his rice bowl smashed. Looks like his 'day' in the sun is drawing to an end.

12 minutes ago, jonesy said:

The state of this. 😀

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic