Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

23 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

at least 3 countries require evidence of jag within 270 days - Austria Israel and Croatia - this may well become the norm soon and it would nice to be at least on par with ruk - of course if you dont travel you wont need it 

So no need for it at the moment and thankfully we are not on par with the rUK on booster jags 

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Fire_At_The_Disco said:

Do you not post the tables anymore Red, I thought they were brilliant  ☹️

Sorry, Fire, but I didn't have the energy to continue. The Travelling Tabby site at https://www.travellingtabby.com/scotland-coronavirus-tracker/  has more data, tables and graphs than you can shake a stick at though, so well worth paying it a regular visit.

Nucky Thompson
48 minutes ago, XB52 said:

So no need for it at the moment and thankfully we are not on par with the rUK on booster jags 

We are on par with the rUK on booster jabs.

14.3m is the UK total and Scotland's share is 1.3m. Seems about right to me

2 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

We are on par with the rUK on booster jabs.

14.3m is the UK total and Scotland's share is 1.3m. Seems about right to me

From Travelling Tabby:

951413162_Screenshotat2021-11-1917-30-55.png.f1adbab5463d5cbcda0f5e24c274b3ce.png

Nucky Thompson
3 minutes ago, redjambo said:

From Travelling Tabby:

951413162_Screenshotat2021-11-1917-30-55.png.f1adbab5463d5cbcda0f5e24c274b3ce.png

According to the UK government website, boosters are now at 24.8%. 

Like I said, we are all roughly the same give or take. 

Nucky Thompson
12 minutes ago, redjambo said:

From Travelling Tabby:

Also UK Gov has first doses at 88.2% and second doses at 80.2%.

That's a big difference from Travelling Tabby

44 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Also UK Gov has first doses at 88.2% and second doses at 80.2%.

That's a big difference from Travelling Tabby

Indeed. A wee bit of thought might even lead one to consider the possibility that one set of figures is using percentages of the entire population, and the other of the over-12s or something like that. No, no, that would be too far-fetched. ;)

222457098_Screenshotat2021-11-1918-34-33.png.cd2e797eb16c16c97f285f864f3a6514.png

Nucky Thompson
4 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Indeed. A wee bit of thought might even lead one to consider the possibility that one set of figures is using percentages of the entire population, and the other of the over-12s or something like that. No, no, that would be too far-fetched. ;)

222457098_Screenshotat2021-11-1918-34-33.png.cd2e797eb16c16c97f285f864f3a6514.png

I just presumed the first graph you posted from Travelling Tabby was over-12s as that's who's eligible for vaccination :thumbsup:

Just now, Nucky Thompson said:

I just presumed the first graph you posted from Travelling Tabby was over-12s as that's who's eligible for vaccination :thumbsup:

Good. Glad to see you're still practising that critical thinking, Nucky. :thumb:

10 hours ago, escobri said:

PCR results came in, hoose is riddled apart from myself, everyone is OK. I've worked right through this pandemic and now it's finally in my house and I still cant catch it ffs, maybe I should get jagged after all and stop being irresponsible. Take care guys and keep those sleeves up.

5 hours ago, tian447 said:

I'd be intrigued and would probably offer to take part in any study like that if I turned out to be a suitable candidate.

My partner had Covid, and had it quite bad last year.  She was coughing, sneezing, feverish, basically a big spreading pile of germs for the best part of 2 weeks :lol:  We lived together in a small house, slept in the same bed, you know the usual stuff couples do.  When she tested positive, we were sitting on the couch together having a TV dinner.  Close contact doesn't even begin to cover it.  I never caught anything, and tested negative 3 different times I went to get tested properly.

I've been told to self isolate a couple of times due to my pals catching it when we were playing a contact sport together, and still nothing.  No positive tests, no home testing positive results.

My mum and my sister both tested positive in the past few months, yet my dad and brother in the same house have both not despite regular testing.

I've had both my vaccinations now, so not sure if that would **** up any testing they could do.

It is an odd one. I have been in close contact with two different people who had covid . They didnt know they had it when i was in close contact but were later tested positive . The next day for both actually.  Its a mystery. 

Nucky Thompson
1 hour ago, redjambo said:

Good. Glad to see you're still practising that critical thinking, Nucky. :thumb:

I've never claimed to be a critical thinker red :biggrin2:

Funny enough I’ve just had an email about my booster appointment for mid December . Now here’s my moan ! Why oh why is it at Ingilston ? Surely people should be offered a place bead to them ? I thought they are trying to encourage the uptake of it ? I don’t think this helps really . Bloody nuisance to get to . 

Nucky Thompson
7 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Funny enough I’ve just had an email about my booster appointment for mid December . Now here’s my moan ! Why oh why is it at Ingilston ? Surely people should be offered a place bead to them ? I thought they are trying to encourage the uptake of it ? I don’t think this helps really . Bloody nuisance to get to . 

My wife went to Ingliston on Tuesday and was pleasantly surprised by how hassle free it was after hearing about nightmare queues

2 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

My wife went to Ingliston on Tuesday and was pleasantly surprised by how hassle free it was after hearing about nightmare queues

It’s just getting  there Nucky which is the issue . 

16 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Call them up and see if you can change it to something more suitable for you - that's what my parents did. Or try to do so online (I pre-empted any letter by logging on and choosing a time and a place that were suitable for me).

Nucky Thompson
5 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

It’s just getting  there Nucky which is the issue . 

I take it you don't drive James?

The Real Maroonblood
22 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Change it online but you'll have to be quick.

24 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Call them up and see if you can change it to something more suitable for you - that's what my parents did. Or try to do so online (I pre-empted any letter by logging on and choosing a time and a place that were suitable for me).

Yes ill try that Red . Thanks. 

30 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I take it you don't drive James?

IM a good a driver as my postings on this.........

😛😄

giphy (3).gif

28 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

33 minutes ago, redjambo said:

28 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Yes I managed it.  Thanks.  You can only change it to another appointment after the initial date is offered i noticed. Mine is next again day. It seems you do have to be quick as there was inly one appointment i saw.  Its at Sighthill so not too far really. 

25 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

My wife's friend had told her last week that things were quite efficient when she went to Falkirk Community Hospital for her booster & Flu vaccine.    Totally different today though - my wife had a nightmare experience this morning at the same venue.       She joined the queue 5 mins before her appt time....  after 40 minutes, the queue hadn't moved.   She spoke to a nurse who told her there were now 120 people in the queue, many of whom had exactly the same appt time on their letters as she did.    Eventually after nearly 2 hours, she got her flu & Covid jabs.       Although everyone was wearing masks, there was no social distancing  in the queue.   So having obeyed the rules  for a year and a half, she's understandably concerned that she might have contracted something at a vaccine centre.   😲

Nucky Thompson
2 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

My wife's friend had told her last week that things were quite efficient when she went to Falkirk Community Hospital for her booster & Flu vaccine.    Totally different today though - my wife had a nightmare experience this morning at the same venue.       She joined the queue 5 mins before her appt time....  after 40 minutes, the queue hadn't moved.   She spoke to a nurse who told her there were now 120 people in the queue, many of whom had exactly the same appt time on their letters as she did.    Eventually after nearly 2 hours, she got her flu & Covid jabs.       Although everyone was wearing masks, there was no social distancing  in the queue.   So having obeyed the rules  for a year and a half, she's understandably concerned that she might have contracted something at a vaccine centre.   😲

It sounds like a total nightmare.

I wouldn't be able to wait for 2 hours, I would have to leave

The Real Maroonblood
33 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Yes I managed it.  Thanks.  You can only change it to another appointment after the initial date is offered i noticed. Mine is next again day. It seems you do have to be quick as there was inly one appointment i saw.  Its at Sighthill so not too far really. 

Mine’s was originally Ingliston and I managed to change it to Sighthill.

1 minute ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Mine’s was originally Ingliston and I managed to change it to Sighthill.

👍👍

The Real Maroonblood
4 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

👍👍

If you have to use the bus to Ingliston the 200, 300 and 400 stop outside the entrance.

Francis Albert
On 18/11/2021 at 20:52, Gards said:

Think you were in a parallel Universe Edinburgh.  Princes St pretty packed out.  Went to a bar today in Rose St and they've all been pretty packed out.  Folks putting on their masks when they need to and nothing being said about Sturgeon, Sheep etc.

EDI as a whole pretty relaxed and happy and getting on with thing....not sure where you've been but it's not where I've just been this evening.

I think it is one of those frog things. Plunge them into.boiling water and they die quickly. . Put them in water and gradually warm them up and they survive for a time at least. After two years the difference between then and now in Edinburgh is more apparent.

And the difference between England and Scotland is very clear. I am.not sure it is justified by out comes.

7 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

If you have to use the bus to Ingliston the 200, 300 and 400 stop outside the entrance.

I managed to change it to Sighthill which is not too far at all. 👍

Francis Albert
11 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

There are hundreds, thousands of laws/rules/regulations which affect us from the cradle to the grave, many of them a lot of people don't like in one way shape or form, but if they want to do something or go somewhere, they just suck it up and get on with it.

Without necessarily getting into the merits of specific rules and regulations and laws none of that justifies all such rules regulations and laws. But that principle seems to be where we are heading. Frightening.

William H. Bonney

The booster has floored me. No side effects from the other 2 jabs but this one. ugghh. I feel really run down and my arm is killing me. 
Hopefully just a 24 hour thing. 

Nucky Thompson
22 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

I think it is one of those frog things. Plunge them into.boiling water and they die quickly. . Put them in water and gradually warm them up and they survive for a time at least. After two years the difference between then and now in Edinburgh is more apparent.

And the difference between England and Scotland is very clear. I am.not sure it is justified by out comes.

From someone who spends the week days in Scotland and the weekends in England, you're spot on.

The majority seem to be programmed by Sturgeon spin. The Stepford wives spring to mind

1 hour ago, Nucky Thompson said:

It sounds like a total nightmare.

I wouldn't be able to wait for 2 hours, I would have to leave

Aye, it sounds like an admin error compounded by  a lack of vaccinators.  Can't blame the staff who were there though - its a pretty relentless job they're having to do.     I'm due at the same venue on Monday, but have now changed it to Stirling a week later in the hope that its better organised (it might not be though !!)     

44 minutes ago, William H. Bonney said:

The booster has floored me. No side effects from the other 2 jabs but this one. ugghh. I feel really run down and my arm is killing me. 

Did you get the flu jab at the same time ?   Heard  a few folk saying that the flu jab is worse than usual this year (for pain)

Why do the protected need protection from the unprotected by forcing the unprotected to take the protection that hasn't been able to protect the protected 🤔

1 hour ago, Gorgi1874 said:

Why do the protected need protection from the unprotected by forcing the unprotected to take the protection that hasn't been able to protect the protected 🤔

Which colour of crayon would you like me to respond in?

Dennis Denuto
2 hours ago, Gorgi1874 said:

I am sure you know the answer anyway, but try considering a scenario where we are boxing and you punch me in the face in each of three different events 1 neither are wearing any gloves or headgear 2 I am but your aren't 3 both are wearing protection.

Jeffros Furios
2 hours ago, Gorgi1874 said:

:muggy:

The Real Maroonblood
10 hours ago, William H. Bonney said:

Had a bit of a sore arm and a bit shivery.

I told the Mrs I was a bit shivery and she said put the heating on

I told her I wasn’t that shivery.

Anyway hopefully you’ll feel better today.

3 hours ago, Gorgi1874 said:

The world is just full of bullshit like the above. Every debate just polarised. ‘It either protects you or it doesn’t’ were the actual words of a work colleague who doesn’t want to get vaccinated. Beggars belief. 

William H. Bonney
10 hours ago, Lone Striker said:

Did you get the flu jab at the same time ?   Heard  a few folk saying that the flu jab is worse than usual this year (for pain)

I had the flu jab separately last month. No problem with that one 

William H. Bonney
22 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Had a bit of a sore arm and a bit shivery.

I told the Mrs I was a bit shivery and she said put the heating on

I told her I wasn’t that shivery.

Anyway hopefully you’ll feel better today.

Feeling fine today. Just a 36 hour reaction. 

That's too simplistic a way of looking at it from the point of view of why it's beneficial.

But for your general person who isn't involved in policy or decision making imo it's simply because people like others to share their outlook. 'I did X,Y,Z therefore you and everyone else should also do X,Y,Z' 

Why? I don't know. For many though it's human nature I guess.

I can imagine you sitting there feeling all pleased with yourself when you posted that, envisaging yourself as Confucius parting with words of considered wisdom to the masses. "They will suddenly realise the error of their ways when challenged with such a truism!".

However, in the end, I'm sorry to say that what came out was just a naive meaningless steaming heap of donkey dung. The discussion as to the 'carrot and the stick' encouragement of the unvaccinated to become vaccinated for the common good is a valid one to have, but your statement adds the square root of feck all to that discussion.

Better luck next time though. Don't give up on the path to enlightenment!

11 hours ago, William H. Bonney said:

How long did that take to kick in? I’ve just had mine an hour ago.

22 minutes ago, Taffin said:

That's too simplistic a way of looking at it from the point of view of why it's beneficial.

But for your general person who isn't involved in policy or decision making imo it's simply because people like others to share their outlook. 'I did X,Y,Z therefore you and everyone else should also do X,Y,Z' 

Why? I don't know. For many though it's human nature I guess.

Nah. I think most people who think about the virus/vaccination issue realise that it is in our common interest to have as high a rate of immunity in the population as possible (although perhaps not in those terms), and that vaccination is a safer more secure route to achieve that. Ok, there is a mixture of both selfishness ("if there is less virus around then there is less chance I or one of my loved ones will catch it") and altruism in that thought process, but I doubt very much that many folk at all are thinking "I've had the vaccine so others must have it too". You do have a point that the concept of 'following the herd', and folk feeling more comfortable when the other folk around them are not too different from them, is a trait of human behaviour - I just don't think it is a key motivation in this case.

In saying that, I hope I understood your comment correctly, Taffin.

In a way I hope that I do get a noticeable reaction from my upcoming booster jab. The first two had no ostensible effect on me, and it felt in both cases like I had been given a placebo. Perhaps they forgot to add the microchips.

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic