Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

38 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

She clearly can’t win. Trying to be transparent and let businesses know weeks in advance that VP might be extended if data merits it. Looks at data and concludes it isn’t merited. Not sure what people want. Would you rather they made a decision four weeks in advance and stuck to it regardless of how the data then looked or would you rather they flexibility and are responsive to the data?

They could do a Westminster and say no restrictions, see no reason to change our approach, no threat to Christmas right up to the day they do a volte-face and do exactly what everyone long expected?

Perhaps that's the type of administration people actually want. 

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, jonesy said:

By this, might one assume that you are referring to yourself and your posting on this board? The majority of your time here seems to be spent firing off single sentence 'barbs' aimed at mocking the post/poster you quote. 

For everyone's sake, SV, shut down your laptop, put some clean clothes on and step out of yer maw's basement. There's a beautiful world out there ready for you to discover. Embrace the light and the good.

😢❤️💝👣

😁

27 minutes ago, jonesy said:

The Dentist was on PM earlier.

It could be inferred that he wasn't too happy about the non-extension of VPs. He repeatedly, with a hint of frustration in his nasally delivery, emphasised that the SG took three things into account when making the decision - public health, economics and social policy - and that his purview was only public health. Cracks beginning to show in the bond between the leech and the fish?

Delicious . Revenge is indeed a fish  best served cold ! 

19 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

Probably not relishing having his rice bowl smashed. Looks like his 'day' in the sun is drawing to an end.

Oh I know lol his wee 5 minutes of fame might be over 

6 minutes ago, Rocco_Jambo said:

Devi in tears tonight as well I suspect. She's been crowing about wanting passports to get in to pubs and gyms for a few weeks now.

She was on stv news face tripping her . It was delightful to see . Maybe she is also out of favour too ? Night of the long knives from wee Nicky . Didn’t know she had it in her 

5 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Good to see you smiling man. Keep it up. I'll even shout you a beer once you reach 18. 😛 

:heartpump:

Deal. Can't wait for you to tell me all about you not owning a smart phone and your time spent in China. 😀👍

9 minutes ago, jonesy said:

By this, might one assume that you are referring to yourself and your posting on this board? The majority of your time here seems to be spent firing off single sentence 'barbs' aimed at mocking the post/poster you quote. 

For everyone's sake, SV, shut down your laptop, put some clean clothes on and step out of yer maw's basement. There's a beautiful world out there ready for you to discover. Embrace the light and the good.

😢❤️💝👣

He shoots and he scores.

What a shot .

1 minute ago, JamesM48 said:

Delicious . Revenge is indeed a fish  best served cold ! 

Oh I know lol his wee 5 minutes of fame might be over 

She was on stv news face tripping her . It was delightful to see . Maybe she is also out of favour too ? Night of the long knives from wee Nicky . Didn’t know she had it in her 

Lol were you not watching when she gutted wee Eck?

Nucky Thompson
26 minutes ago, jonesy said:

😢❤️💝👣

Spot on  jonesy :thumbsup:

The bitters are out in force tonight.

Truth is that the SG have proceeded with caution,  been transparent and has arrived at a balanced decision.  The experts and advisors have tried to provide honest assessment.  Everybody now getting it in the neck because of agenda driven bitterness.

Here was me thinking we were trying to move on.  I'm on the bus... there's a seat beside me... anyone welcome... if you're wearing a pus mask.

1 minute ago, JamesM48 said:

Fish ? Sturgeon ? 

No mate sushi. It's raw fish and rice, rolled in a sheet of seaweed. It's a Japanese delicacy👍

2 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Far from it, Vic. I don't agree that they've been transparent, though. Swinney goes out and cops some flak. Sturgeon realises she's at the very boundary edge of goodwill among the less hardcore SNP support and has already burnt bridges with business (who she'll need if there ever is an indyref part deux). SG try to control the narrative and look like they were always happy with this outcome (which coincides nicely with a reduction in cases). Glad they've arrived at this decision, and fair play to them for going against what appears to be their ultra-cautious grain.

Can I grab that seat next to you? No mask, but I've got an exemption and a couple of freshly made Cuba Libres.

Exactly . She’s canny I’ll give her that . Looking over her shoulder to see what’s happening in England as she always has . She knew the public and businesses would be in an uproar if restrictions were extended . As someone else noted send Swinney out with the news to tip their toes in the water . Voila today she appears the good guy with this news . Voila we are all happy that our liberties aren’t as curtailed . 

Beep beep 

6F649A55-6A66-484B-9F24-DD30827DCFB2.gif

Just now, Longbaws said:

No mate sushi. It's raw fish and rice, rolled in a sheet of seaweed. It's a Japanese delicacy👍

Yes I know that . I was oh it doesnt matter now 😂 the moment is lost 

8 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Far from it, Vic. I don't agree that they've been transparent, though. Swinney goes out and cops some flak. Sturgeon realises she's at the very boundary edge of goodwill among the less hardcore SNP support and has already burnt bridges with business (who she'll need if there ever is an indyref part deux). SG try to control the narrative and look like they were always happy with this outcome (which coincides nicely with a reduction in cases). Glad they've arrived at this decision, and fair play to them for going against what appears to be their ultra-cautious grain.

Can I grab that seat next to you? No mask, but I've got an exemption and a couple of freshly made Cuba Libres.

The cases are far from coincidental.  I think they would have pulled the trigger on tightened measures but the recent cases speak for themselves.  Recent scientific opinions include suggestions that we're in a reasonable place due to experiencing a long,  stable exit wave since the summer.  

It's the right decision.  Highly likely taken in the best faith.

Bring the bottle.  ;)

Edited by Victorian

2 minutes ago, jonesy said:

You're a less cynical man than I am, Vic. I admire that.

I thought I detected a micro-trace of cynicism in your posts.  ;)

Edited by Victorian

Fxxx the SPFL
17 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

They don't count LFT's in the data, it's only PCR 

are you sure Nucky as me and the missus record our LFT's on the website surely they must count them even when negative or positive

Dennis Denuto
5 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

are you sure Nucky as me and the missus record our LFT's on the website surely they must count them even when negative or positive

They are not in the Daily Stats

Dennis Denuto
8 minutes ago, Herbert said:

See John fleck went down, nothing to do with the vaccine though. Either is all the other people going down with heart attacks.

He did have Covid in June though, so might be related to that.....................................

6 minutes ago, Herbert said:

See John fleck went down, nothing to do with the vaccine though. Either is all the other people going down with heart attacks.

Heart attacks and other things like pulmonary & vasovagel episodes a new thing post-vaccine?

6 minutes ago, Dennis Denuto said:

He did have Covid in June though, so might be related to that.....................................

Yeah 5months after covid it strikes again.

6 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Heart attacks and other things like pulmonary & vasovagel episodes a new thing post-vaccine?

It's happening more, there was a game in England that got stopped 3times because of it.

Bit of recent chat about the growing scale,  organisation,  integration and mobilisation of all of the various anti-vaxx / anti-mandate extremist 'groups' in different countries.  Supposedly this could be an emerging threat in some places.  Some of these cretins are becoming more emboldened regarding organising or encouraging various types of direct action on social media spaces that aren't being sufficiently monitored and moderated.  

The more extreme elements are not the type of people you can have much faith in to be proportionate with their direct action.  Recent violence in The Netherlands was being praised on here,  which is quite shameful to be honest.  This is likely to be the latest vehicle for already unstable,  morally misguided elements to cause havoc.  These sorts don't possess the kind of moral compass to prevent something really nasty happening somewhere.  Politicians and healthcare professionals in various European countries are already experiencing abuse,  threats,  stalking.  Some kind of atrocious escalation seems inevitable.

14 minutes ago, Victorian said:

I saw on Facebook that shape shifter Fauci went back in time and vaccinated Patrick Muamba and Christian Eriksson just before they collapsed.

The fact that the MSM won't report this story tells you everything you need to know.

On the subject of supposed vaccine side effect health episodes,  to hypothesise and allow some credence for illustrative purposes,  even if there was something beyond a hopelessly microscopic level of health harms related to vaccines,  it would still be an utterly negligible factor.  Vaccines are causing a monumental positive effect in reducing bad outcomes and demand on healthcare resources.  The benefit of vaccines would always overpoweringly outweigh any negative consequenses.

So when some misguided soul of badly flawed conceptualisation thinks he's discovered a reason why vaccines are harming us,  let's take their figure and add 6 or 7 zeros onto it and present it back as proof of bad health outcomes prevented.

Dennis Reynolds
41 minutes ago, Herbert said:

It's happening more, there was a game in England that got stopped 3times because of it.

What game?

Fxxx the SPFL
1 hour ago, Dennis Denuto said:

if they are only counting PCR tests then that gives a false figure surely as the majority of folk getting a PCR is because they have had a positive LFT

1 hour ago, Dennis Denuto said:

Surely that completely skews the positivity rate?

Negatives LFT’s taken by people aren’t in the stats but positive ones likely will be because the person will then do a PCR and their positive for that will be counted.

3 minutes ago, Rocco_Jambo said:

What is an anti-mandate extremist group?

A group of people sharing a discussion space who have shared or similar extreme views regarding mandated restrictions and the like.

What did you imagine it might be?

Dennis Denuto
5 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

if they are only counting PCR tests then that gives a false figure surely as the majority of folk getting a PCR is because they have had a positive LFT

3 minutes ago, Rocco_Jambo said:

Surely that completely skews the positivity rate?

Negatives LFT’s taken by people aren’t in the stats but positive ones likely will be because the person will then do a PCR and their positive for that will be counted.

That is why positivity rate is only one aspect to look at, total case numbers and the rate can explain the picture more clearly.

57 minutes ago, Victorian said:

On the subject of supposed vaccine side effect health episodes,  to hypothesise and allow some credence for illustrative purposes,  even if there was something beyond a hopelessly microscopic level of health harms related to vaccines,  it would still be an utterly negligible factor.  Vaccines are causing a monumental positive effect in reducing bad outcomes and demand on healthcare resources.  The benefit of vaccines would always overpoweringly outweigh any negative consequenses.

So when some misguided soul of badly flawed conceptualisation thinks he's discovered a reason why vaccines are harming us,  let's take their figure and add 6 or 7 zeros onto it and present it back as proof of bad health outcomes prevented.

I find this an exteme view, hope the authorities are keeping tabs on dangerous people on the Internet.

2 minutes ago, Dennis Denuto said:

That is why positivity rate is only one aspect to look at, total case numbers and the rate can explain the picture more clearly.

How?

After serious vaccine hesitancy, I got my first dose a week ago and have felt crap since

the irony of taking something to stop me getting really ill has made me sicker than I have been in years is not lost on me but I’m no longer selfish, a covidiot or windae licker so all good 😊

ps. I have no regrets - had to get my head in the right space to make a decision. Was going for flu jab next week but might need to give it a miss.

4 minutes ago, escobri said:

I find this an exteme view, hope the authorities are keeping tabs on dangerous people on the Internet.

Do you,  aye?  

7 minutes ago, Victorian said:

A group of people sharing a discussion space who have shared or similar extreme views regarding mandated restrictions and the like.

What did you imagine it might be?

What is an extreme anti-mandate view?

No idea I’ve never heard of the phrase before that’s why I asked.

7 minutes ago, escobri said:

The fact you find that an extreme view suggests that if the authorities are keeping an eye on anyone it should be you. 😳

Dennis Denuto
4 minutes ago, Rocco_Jambo said:

How?

It can show if increases in cases are down to increased testing or if there is a jump in the infection rates due to wider spread.

You really need to follow the numbers regularly to get the picture of how things are looking.  The LFT tests are an unreliable set of data to add in to the existing reporting systems, but will be useful on their own.

Just now, Alex Kintner said:

The fact you find that an extreme view suggests that if the authorities are keeping an eye on anyone it should be you. 😳

That part was a dig at his previous post referring to extreme anti vaxx groups. He is the polar opposite.

2 minutes ago, Dennis Denuto said:

It can show if increases in cases are down to increased testing or if there is a jump in the infection rates due to wider spread.

You really need to follow the numbers regularly to get the picture of how things are looking.  The LFT tests are an unreliable set of data to add in to the existing reporting systems, but will be useful on their own.

Maybe it’s me but I’m not following. 

The new cases tells us how many new cases there are but that doesn’t tell us if that’s down to an increasing or decreasing prevalence of covid or an increase or decrease in testing. The only way to tell whether there has been a significant change in testing is by looking at the number of tests carried out to establish the positivity rate.

If stats don’t take into account LFT’s then a significant increase in LFT testing will lead to an increase in positive PCR’s with no basis for establishing whether that is down to a higher prevalence of covid or significant increase in asymptomatic testing. 

I don’t see how case numbers or the rate provides a better picture.

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic