Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

Just now, Rocco_Jambo said:

What is an extreme anti-mandate view?

No idea I’ve never heard of the phrase before that’s why I asked.

Doesn't take a great deal of effort to work it out really.  It shouldn't need spoon fed to you.

People who are very opposed to mandated public health related measures and restrictions and who have extreme views regarding the actions they believe are legitimate in order to further the cause of their opposition.  Direct action.  Protest beyond the limits of the law.  Abuse,  threats,  intimidation of individuals.

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Do you,  aye?  

Yes, to suggest that injuries or deaths that have come from vaccines are negligible is scary. At least you show yourself open to the thought that damage can be caused from vaccines no matter how microscopic. 

1 hour ago, jonesy said:

I've been getting heart attacks daily since my jabs. However, all that bleach I'm drinking means they don't have any effect on me. It's all about checks and balances.

That's nothing my friend.

I've been having heart attacks since Covid-14 and strokes since they put up the 5G mast 50 miles from my house.

Just now, escobri said:

Yes, to suggest that injuries or deaths that have come from vaccines are negligible is scary. At least you show yourself open to the thought that damage can be caused from vaccines no matter how microscopic. 

Any pharmaceutical carries some degree of risk of adverse outcomes.  Compared to the enomous,  verifiable benefits gained from vaccines,  the adverse reactions being suggested are indeed negligible.  As always,  the risk/benefit analysis has to be balanced.  

Without any vaccines we would be royally ****ed.  I see no health benefit there.

1 minute ago, Victorian said:

Doesn't take a great deal of effort to work it out really.  It shouldn't need spoon fed to you.

People who are very opposed to mandated public health related measures and restrictions and who have extreme views regarding the actions they believe are legitimate in order to further the cause of their opposition.  Direct action.  Protest beyond the limits of the law.  Abuse,  threats,  intimidation of individuals.

I have an expectation that people who rant about “extremist anti-“s on any topic should be able to articulate what they actually view as extreme.

So thanks for managing an answer.

Nucky Thompson
32 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

if they are only counting PCR tests then that gives a false figure surely as the majority of folk getting a PCR is because they have had a positive LFT

I think the majority of people taking PCR tests are people with symptoms and close contacts of positive cases.

No doubt you'll get a few asymptomatic people who test positive with LFT, but I don't think it's that high 

1 minute ago, Rocco_Jambo said:

I have an expectation that people who rant about “extremist anti-“s on any topic should be able to articulate what they actually view as extreme.

So thanks for managing an answer.

Rant my arse.

So you got the obvious answer that you were perfectly capable of thinking yourself.  

People don't exist in order for you to perform some kind of half-arsed quiz on.  If you're capable of thinking for yourself then think for yourself.

2 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Rant my arse.

So you got the obvious answer that you were perfectly capable of thinking yourself.  

People don't exist in order for you to perform some kind of half-arsed quiz on.  If you're capable of thinking for yourself then think for yourself.

Wasn't obvious to me at all. I have no idea what is and isn't considered extremest-anti these days partcularly for terms I've never heard before.

If you don't want to answer a question you are perfectly entitled to say so if answering is going to result in you having a shit fit.

Dennis Denuto
13 minutes ago, Rocco_Jambo said:

Maybe it’s me but I’m not following. 

The new cases tells us how many new cases there are but that doesn’t tell us if that’s down to an increasing or decreasing prevalence of covid or an increase or decrease in testing. The only way to tell whether there has been a significant change in testing is by looking at the number of tests carried out to establish the positivity rate.

If stats don’t take into account LFT’s then a significant increase in LFT testing will lead to an increase in positive PCR’s with no basis for establishing whether that is down to a higher prevalence of covid or significant increase in asymptomatic testing. 

I don’t see how case numbers or the rate provides a better picture.

Yes its you.

15 minutes ago, Victorian said:

So Vic does this make you a " Yes" person.

If I may add my tuppence worth I firmly believe that the right to protest should never , ever be outlawed . Even if it’s a disagreeable load of nonsense they are advocating I still firmly believe people have that right . Demonstrations and protest have also been a great  vehicle for social policy and law changes too . 

Just now, Rocco_Jambo said:

Wasn't obvious to me at all. I have no idea what is and isn't considered extremest-anti these days partcularly for terms I've never heard before.

If you don't want to answer a question you are perfectly entitled to say so if answering is going to result in you having a shit fit.

How hard could it ever be to consider what an extreme anti-mandate person might be?

You're at it.  You played the dafty and were called out and now you don't like it.

Top tip.  Next time,  apply the brains you were born with.

Just now, Dennis Denuto said:

Yes its you.

Okay as I've said it might be. Maybe you can explain how then if you want to. If you don't want to that is fine feel free not to.

3 minutes ago, Rocco_Jambo said:

Your correct ! Who defines what “ extremism “ is ? 

Just now, Victorian said:

How hard could it ever be to consider what an extreme anti-mandate person might be?

You're at it.  You played the dafty and were called out and now you don't like it.

Top tip.  Next time,  apply the brains you were born with.

You don't seem particularly level headed. I don't whether it's you and you spend too much time on here or social media but in the real world this is how conversations work.

I was interested in what you meant by it and I asked. Obviously I won't again because you don't seem to have the temperament to deal with questions.

1 minute ago, JamesM48 said:

It's when protest reaches realms beyond the law and the legitimisation / normalisation of abuse or threats directed towards people.

Lawful protest is never extremism.  

Think Vic's true colours are starting to show, a bit of bullying behaviour , shouting down those who disagree, toeing the party line re experimental gene therapy.

I'm wondering if the " jab" has effected Vic's ability to think.

You don't seem particularly level headed. I don't whether it's you and you spend too much time on here or social media but in the real world this is how conversations work.

I was interested in what you meant by it and I asked. Obviously I won't again because you don't seem to have the temperament to deal with questions.

Called out and covering your arse.  Yeah I get that.  

1 minute ago, thewiseone said:

Think Vic's true colours are starting to show, a bit of bullying behaviour , shouting down those who disagree, toeing the party line re experimental gene therapy.

I'm wondering if the " jab" has effected Vic's ability to think.

Bullying  :rofl:

Just now, Victorian said:

Called out and covering your arse.  Yeah I get that.  

Called out for what? What is it you actually think I've been called out on?

Think back to the last time you had a group conversation with people face to face and then look back at the content of my replies and yours imagine this were a face to face conversation.

2 minutes ago, Victorian said:

It's when protest reaches realms beyond the law and the legitimisation / normalisation of abuse or threats directed towards people.

And what are those “ realms “ which are beyond law ? People will have a different view on this really . Targeting individuals with threats and violence is never acceptable but I can understand the anger from some of the populations in the Netherlands and other European counties. and how has gotten out of control in the streets . It’s frustration for them and a belief that they are being blackmailed and coercive into doing something they disagree with .

Called out for what? What is it you actually think I've been called out on?

Think back to the last time you had a group conversation with people face to face and then look back at the content of my replies and yours imagine this were a face to face conversation.

Thought you were done with me.  Don't over promise and under deliver.

Dennis Reynolds
20 minutes ago, Rocco_Jambo said:

If stats don’t take into account LFT’s then a significant increase in LFT testing will lead to an increase in positive PCR’s with no basis for establishing whether that is down to a higher prevalence of covid or significant increase in asymptomatic testing. 

It can and would be both, surely?

Just now, JamesM48 said:

And what are those “ realms “ which are beyond law ? People will have a different view on this really . Targeting individuals with threats and violence is never acceptable but I can understand the anger from some of the populations in the Netherlands and other European counties. and how has gotten out of control in the streets . It’s frustration for them and a belief that they are being blackmailed and coercive into doing something they disagree with .

You just answered your own question James.

15 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

These days it's the media.

The BLM movement and bullying anyone who doesn't conform to there being 9767 genders being a prime example of acceptable extremism. Thinking rushed vaccines might be dodgy long term is  unacceptable extremism. All IMO of course.

I await the inevitable back lash.

15 minutes ago, Victorian said:

What if people were protesting a government making protest unlawful?

6 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Thought you were done with me.  Don't over promise and under deliver.

It's quite the travesty what social media turns people in to.

1 minute ago, Taffin said:

What if people were protesting a government making protest unlawful?

Taking things on a bit there.  You would then have a totalitarian government and an oppressed population.  I think we would all agree that is not a good thing.  

8 minutes ago, LMc said:

It can and would be both, surely?

Statistically yes but in real terms maybe, maybe not and there would be no way of knowing.

If hypothetically 1 million people more now take LFT's next month compared to this month then some of them are going to test positive as being assymptomatic carriers. They will then do PCR's which will highly likely be positive and new cases will go up.

This increase could be because covid is more prevalent among the population or it could be simply because far more assymptomatic people are now doing PCR's after having done LFT's which were positive.

7 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Taking things on a bit there.  You would then have a totalitarian government and an oppressed population.  I think we would all agree that is not a good thing.  

Agreed.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/priti-patel-protests-england-lockdown-home-office-demonstrations-b1556584.html%3famp

Edit: I'm just playing the devil's advocate here by the way. Just before I'm aligned with some of the other posters 😂

Edited by Taffin

1 minute ago, Victorian said:

Hey Vic, are you confused? You do know confusion is another side effect to gene therapy. Do you want to add your name onto the " yellow card system? ".

Why haven't you worked all this out yet?

Is it because you have to defend your own decision?

Jan 31st 2020 Covid arrived, No jab, no boost. No social distancing. No hand sanitising and no mask, I'm a walking miracle, how am I still here? 

Just now, Taffin said:

Thankfully we're not in lockdown.  

Plus,  if other countries followed that path,  it wouldn't be ideal for lawful protest by any means.  But there are other forms of protest that would respect forms of lockdown rules and public health protection.  

Anyway,  the kind of protests we've seen on the news are clearly unlawful.

4 minutes ago, thewiseone said:

Hey Vic, are you confused? You do know confusion is another side effect to gene therapy. Do you want to add your name onto the " yellow card system? ".

Why haven't you worked all this out yet?

Is it because you have to defend your own decision?

Jan 31st 2020 Covid arrived, No jab, no boost. No social distancing. No hand sanitising and no mask, I'm a walking miracle, how am I still here? 

Feel free to unveil the purpose of this tripe.  In your own time.

16 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Agreed.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/priti-patel-protests-england-lockdown-home-office-demonstrations-b1556584.html%3famp

Edit: I'm just playing the devil's advocate here by the way. Just before I'm aligned with some of the other posters 😂

A2749884-ABCE-4559-89AE-2042D3F20ADC.gif

Nucky Thompson
1 hour ago, **** the SPFL said:

if they are only counting PCR tests then that gives a false figure surely as the majority of folk getting a PCR is because they have had a positive LFT

Edited by Nucky Thompson

See the useless twat Spaffer is trying to suggest possible future vaccine supplies from Valneva.  That will be Valneva who they reneged on a contract with and lied about their trial results.

Reneged on agreements,  lies and the ubiquitous u-turn.  All in a day's work at Peppa Pig World.

A week in after having my third dose of the experimental space jew gene serum with added 2nd generation Gates chip........and nothing's fallen off........yet.    Happy Days.

17 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

It was on the news the other night there . Grief does strange things to people at times . She was quite overweight , which may have contributed to this extremely rare case . 

Nucky Thompson
7 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

It was on the news the other night there . Grief does strange things to people at times . She was quite overweight , which may have contributed to this extremely rare case . 

Yup. It's just sad that if she had gotten a wee jab in her arm, 3 bairns wouldn't be left without a mother.

You've got to believe the science and trust the scientists who developed the vaccines.

It's not like Boris or Nicola put on a white coat, went into a lab and messed about with some chemicals 

8 minutes ago, Rocco_Jambo said:

Very tragic. Also pretty distasteful for the Doctor to effectively guess that she would still be here if she had got the vaccine.

No it isn't

Nucky Thompson
7 minutes ago, Rocco_Jambo said:

Very tragic. Also pretty distasteful for the Doctor to effectively guess that she would still be here if she had got the vaccine.

There's a very high chance, 95%, that she wouldn't have died from Covid if she had been vaccinated.

It's not a guess

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic