Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

18 minutes ago, Dennis Denuto said:

Calm down James, just answer if you were dragged kicking and screaming for your vaccinations or not, then we can move on to the next time you get your knickers caught in Drama of your own creation.

No I was not dragged kicking and screaming for any of the vaccines but I did make a song and dance about whether to get them or not . I’ll admit that . My knickers are firmly pulled up tight as they usually are, apart from every second weekend ! 

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Alex Kintner said:

Says the person who pronounced me “paranoid” and “anxious” for being cautious about Covid due to having a 1 year old with underlying conditions.

:vrface:

You do have a Very condescending and abrasive style of commenting . Anyway I’ll leave it at this …..

5 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

You do have a Very condescending and abrasive style of commenting . Anyway I’ll leave it at this …..

Next time think a bit more carefully about who you start throwing judgemental and personal insults at. You just never know when that poster will turn up and make you look like a complete erse. 🤗

20 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

No I was not dragged kicking and screaming for any of the vaccines but I did make a song and dance about whether to get them or not . I’ll admit that . My knickers are firmly pulled up tight as they usually are, apart from every second weekend ! 

Christ, we’re getting into Lawson-like levels of Walter Mittyness now.

:wow:

Edited by Alex Kintner

2 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

Next time think a bit more carefully about who you start throwing judgemental and personal insults at. You just never know when that poster will turn up and make you look like a complete erse. 🤗

Pot kettle black about judgemental and personal insults . Like  I said goodbye . Threats are not really acceptable on this . 

11 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Quite a few European countries heading for full lockdowns over the next few weeks imo.  

Yep. Hopefully doesn’t impact Christmas too much for children and their families 😞

7 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Pot kettle black about judgemental and personal insults . Like  I said goodbye . Threats are not really acceptable on this . 

It was you who chose to single me out for abuse in the first place so

giphy.gif

Edited by Alex Kintner

1 minute ago, Alex Kintner said:

It was you who chose to single me out for abuse in the first place so

giphy.gif

8702A107-C7AD-4DA0-B6F7-305119BB97CB.gif

Fxxx the SPFL
7 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

yep James what a crock of keech and the figures for today are up slightly but enough for fish face and swinney to use to bash the hospitality sector again. we've booked xmas lunch for 18 not all have been vaccinated their choice obviously i have no issues with that looks like they will lose their deposit if they have to show passport they don't have.

1 minute ago, **** the SPFL said:

yep James what a crock of keech and the figures for today are up slightly but enough for fish face and swinney to use to bash the hospitality sector again. we've booked xmas lunch for 18 not all have been vaccinated their choice obviously i have no issues with that looks like they will lose their deposit if they have to show passport they don't have.

It’s unbelievable . Same with us . We have staff Xmas night booked etc . However no use worrying about it just yet but it looks like the ground work is being set . I honestly think that the SG have a real grievance against the hospitality industry . 

Dennis Denuto
3 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

It’s unbelievable . Same with us . We have staff Xmas night booked etc . However no use worrying about it just yet but it looks like the ground work is being set . I honestly think that the SG have a real grievance against the hospitality industry

Do you actually believe that or is it just James Hyperbole again?

Why are there many other governments across the world who have dealt with Hospitality during Covid in much or exactly the same way as the Scottish Government if it is just the SG out to get the industry?

Dennis Denuto
10 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

Of course they could have just got vaccinated.......

Nucky Thompson
16 minutes ago, Dennis Denuto said:

Do you actually believe that or is it just James Hyperbole again?

Why are there many other governments across the world who have dealt with Hospitality during Covid in much or exactly the same way as the Scottish Government if it is just the SG out to get the industry?

We should be comparing ourselves to Westminster, seeing as we are close neighbours on the same island.

No restrictions on hospitality in England and face masks have largely disappeared, yet there's hardly any difference in Covid outcomes.

Edited by Nucky Thompson

6 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

We should be comparing ourselves to Westminster, seeing as we are close neighbours on the same island.

No restrictions on hospitality in England and face masks have largely disappeared, yet there's hardly any difference in Covid outcomes.

I rest my case . So she’s at it regarding hospitality . Easy target . Again being seen to be Doing something when nothing actually needs to be done 

Actually they need to get their arse into gear regarding the flu vaccine never mind the booster . Heard nothing regarding this , it’s now mid November 

Dennis Denuto
15 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

That is completely different to arguing that the SG have based their decisions on hospitality on anything other than Covid, the differenced between the rUK and Scotland on hospitality have been tiny and largely timing issues. If you look across the UK it is Westminster that have diverged the most.

Hospitality has been treated the same right across Europe, with everyine having their own slight twist on it, there is no evidence that the SG or any other is targeting hospitality for any other reason.

Fxxx the SPFL
1 hour ago, Dennis Denuto said:

Of course they could have just got vaccinated.......

One has medical issues and two are Lithuanian seems that they don’t believe in vaccines they’re choice 

5 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

He does that all the time with various people . Clearly got too much time on his hands if he us snooping on others postings ! It’s rather petty and sad really and bordering on stalking . Anyway Im too busy for this silly stuff today . 

…  In a public forum.

Are we to immediately disregard everything you post in this thread?

Edited by FWJ

Nucky Thompson
45 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

The Munich Christmas Market has just been cancelled, I'd imagine the rest of the German ones could be in real danger now as well.

https://www.euronews.com/travel/2021/11/18/munich-cancels-world-famous-christmas-market-here-are-three-you-can-visit-instead

I was at the markets 4 years ago, probably the best Christmas markets I've been to.

Beautiful city, lovely beer and I even managed to see a game at the Allianz arena 

47 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

In reality it would be dead boring. :oohmatron:

Oh yes . I prefer him in his prime 

7A0E6EEF-7EC3-4D5F-906E-2DA6E7DC2469.gif

2 hours ago, Victorian said:

An MRI scan has revealed that James' heid is just a big game of Kerplunk.  

Ffs man.

Im

Not listening I’m in the pub enjoying a few light refreshments ! 

1 hour ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

The Munich Christmas Market has just been cancelled, I'd imagine the rest of the German ones could be in real danger now as well.

https://www.euronews.com/travel/2021/11/18/munich-cancels-world-famous-christmas-market-here-are-three-you-can-visit-instead

Edinburgh market is up and running soon . We just went passed it . Looks lovely 😊 

56 minutes ago, FWJ said:

…  In a public forum.

Are we to immediately disregard everything you post in this thread?

Aye if you want . It’s a free society . Have a good night . Ker plunk !!

5874E760-B704-4BDF-94D3-755EAEBF337A.gif

9 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Edinburgh market is up and running soon . We just went passed it . Looks lovely 😊 

Probably won't be near it, I think I've only been twice in all the years it's been running.

Parking is a nightmare and it's too expensive.

Fxxx the SPFL
2 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

Without going into details my daughter looked after a Lithuanian last summer in her ICU. He was very ill with Covid but he made a good recovery. He was unvaccinated. 

His wife was vaccinated and wasn't ill.

Cheers bud hope you’re keeping well 

9 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Probably won't be near it, I think I've only been twice in all the years it's been running.

Parking is a nightmare and it's too expensive.

Merry Xmas 

Nucky Thompson

Wife got the booster on Tuesday morning and had 2 sore arms for the rest of the day.

The sore arms got better on Wednesday but she has felt like shit since.

3 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Wife got the booster on Tuesday morning and had 2 sore arms for the rest of the day.

Seems to be luck of the draw. Had family who were ill after first jab and some after second jab. Both parents been ok after booster thankfully.

Francis Albert

Back in Edinburgh after two years. Not quite a ghost town but pretty sad. Princes Street pretty empty. Rose Street just empty. After six months free of the whole mask rigmarole in London back to the sheer nonsense of popping on a mask to walk a yard or two to a table and to order at the bar when the bar is surrounded by people sitting unmasked. A few places insisting on using the track and trace app and refusing to allow a manual check in. The cult of Nicola widespread. The mildest criticism of the regime greeted with ultra loyalist "but she is right". Scots used to be a bit stroppy and anti-establishment. Now we seem to be sheep.

To be fair in total contrast to London people still queue at bus stops so some civilisation survives.

17 minutes ago, jonesy said:

There’s a dropped balls and stick poking joke in there somewhere.

Apparently I have no sense of humour ! 

18C72E79-6454-4D87-B510-DBD3C332EC55.gif

1 hour ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Have to admit after my initial mild symtoms this morning, which I did mention, since mid afternoon I've been utterly knackered and I'm getting a bit hot and achy over the last few hours, so early night for me methinks. 

7 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Have to admit after my initial mild symtoms this morning, which I did mention, since mid afternoon I've been utterly knackered and I'm getting a bit hot and achy over the last few hours, so early night for me methinks. 

You’ll be glad to know it gets worse. 😂

I got about 2 hours Kip last night. Through the worst of it now though but it’s been a brutal 24 hours. 🥲

17 minutes ago, Dazo said:

You’ll be glad to know it gets worse. 😂

I got about 2 hours Kip last night. Through the worst of it now though but it’s been a brutal 24 hours. 🥲

Cheers :laugh:

Fxxx the SPFL
8 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Yeah doing OK, Ray.

See you at the Rangers game mate.

Will be good to see you lets hope we get three wins b4 then

1 hour ago, Francis Albert said:

Back in Edinburgh after two years. Not quite a ghost town but pretty sad. Princes Street pretty empty. Rose Street just empty. After six months free of the whole mask rigmarole in London back to the sheer nonsense of popping on a mask to walk a yard or two to a table and to order at the bar when the bar is surrounded by people sitting unmasked. A few places insisting on using the track and trace app and refusing to allow a manual check in. The cult of Nicola widespread. The mildest criticism of the regime greeted with ultra loyalist "but she is right". Scots used to be a bit stroppy and anti-establishment. Now we seem to be sheep.

To be fair in total contrast to London people still queue at bus stops so some civilisation survives.

Think you were in a parallel Universe Edinburgh.  Princes St pretty packed out.  Went to a bar today in Rose St and they've all been pretty packed out.  Folks putting on their masks when they need to and nothing being said about Sturgeon, Sheep etc.

EDI as a whole pretty relaxed and happy and getting on with thing....not sure where you've been but it's not where I've just been this evening.

Francis Albert
3 minutes ago, Gards said:

Think you were in a parallel Universe Edinburgh.  Princes St pretty packed out.  Went to a bar today in Rose St and they've all been pretty packed out.  Folks putting on their masks when they need to and nothing being said about Sturgeon, Sheep etc.

EDI as a whole pretty relaxed and happy and getting on with thing....not sure where you've been but it's not where I've just been this evening.

Well I have been in London until this week. Edinburgh certainly has been affected by the Scottish Government restrictions more than London has by the more relaxed restrictions. There is also a problem with Princes Street where a reduction in rates is desperately needed to preserve it as the city's major shopping thoroughfare. The new St James centre is a vast improvement but I would much prefer to shop on Princes Street from.where many stores have fled.

Just now, Francis Albert said:

Well I have been in London until this week. Edinburgh certainly has been affected by the Scottish Government restrictions more than London has by the more relaxed restrictions. There is also a problem with Princes Street where a reduction in rates is desperately needed to preserve it as the city's major shopping thoroughfare. The new St James centre is a vast improvement but I would much prefer to shop on Princes Street from.where many stores have fled.

Ok but i think there needs to be a step back and differentiate between Covid, Scottish Governmenr and Edinburgh Council areas.

I was in Tiles yesterday.  Packed and couldnt get a seat and stood at the bar.  Then went onto Cafe Royale...similar.  Today at Robertsons Bar in Rose St...similar.

So don't agree that SG/Covid has made it 'nearly' a ghost town due to their restrictions.  'Nearly' is my word as I know you said it's almost a ghost town.

Princes St and St James Centre is purely down to the mismanagement of the Edinburgh City Council and their piss poor running of the city.  Not Covid related - just pure incompetence.

2 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

Well said 

I know it’s not an airport terminal and i don’t need to announce my departure but I’ll not be posting on this thread again . I just feel many of the comments / reactions are pretty savage , cutting and harsh really . You really don’t know how people are managing in life with various things which may not necessarily be covid related . Mocking people for their style of writing or their lack of clarity or articulating things isn’t smart or clever . It’s cruel really . Kindness and empathy costs nothing  . Anyway ……. 

CF1465DB-50B8-4B77-995B-7719F4C6E580.gif

9 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

I know it’s not an airport terminal and i don’t need to announce my departure but I’ll not be posting on this thread again . I just feel many of the comments / reactions are pretty savage , cutting and harsh really . You really don’t know how people are managing in life with various things which may not necessarily be covid related . Mocking people for their style of writing or their lack of clarity or articulating things isn’t smart or clever . It’s cruel really . Kindness and empathy costs nothing  . Anyway ……. 

This thread is your opium.

Cya tomorrow

9 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

And the bullies win. In a totally grown up way of course  🙄

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic