Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, Victorian said:

Some kind of ethical, naval gazing, titanic struggle of personal freedoms vs practical expediency.  Soul searching personal odyssey of liberty vs slavery?

Amirite?

Or just bare-faced lying in some cases 🤷🏻‍♂️

Just now, Alex Kintner said:

Or just bare-faced lying in some cases 🤷🏻‍♂️

People just want him to get the damn thing.  Nobody giving a shit if he doesn't get the damn thing.

The James Paradox,  I am naming this.  

2 minutes ago, Victorian said:

People just want him to get the damn thing.  Nobody giving a shit if he doesn't get the damn thing.

I prefer Schrodinger’s James. He simultaneously was and wasn’t dragged kicking and screaming to get his vaccinations. 

I prefer Schrodinger’s James. He simultaneously was and wasn’t dragged kicking and screaming to get his vaccinations. 

A career in politics / not in politics beckons.

4 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Ah but we don't know that yet regarding the longer term safety issues of it?   Like many I was under the impression that after taking both vaccines that would be it.  I did  my side of the bargain albeit moaning about it.  I do admit that.  . How many boosters will we get pumped into our bodies ?  I assume a few more until the virus is so weak  its not a threat (that's in my limited " upside/ down thinking " as Victorian described my thinking style so memorably a few months ago. It did make  me laugh though.  😛

As long as the vaccine is safe - and all indications are that it carries a tiny fraction of the risk of catching covid - then I don't see the problem.

It might end up being an annual jag like the flu, but people are generally happy enough to take that.

And there will always be folk on Kickback to r̶e̶m̶o̶r̶s̶e̶l̶e̶s̶s̶l̶y̶ ̶r̶i̶p̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶p̶i̶s̶s̶ offer emotional support.

Big thanks to the double vaccinated folk who are also getting the booster.

You are MUCH braver than me.

If the stats look good in a couple of years I will be joining you👍 

Only away games for me and no live boxing for the foreseeable😕

Nucky Thompson
4 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Just get it and don't tell anyone if you did or didn't.

Or get it and put it on your Facebook cover photo :vrface:

Nucky Thompson
2 minutes ago, Longbaws said:

Big thanks to the double vaccinated folk who are also getting the booster.

You are MUCH braver than me.

If the stats look good in a couple of years I will be joining you👍 

Only away games for me and no live boxing for the foreseeable😕

You don't have to brave to get it. It's only a wee jab in the arm that you can't even feel.

I've spent more time on the eternal BLT or all day breakfast struggle.  BLT today.  Probably all day breakfast the morn. 

Edited by Victorian

2 minutes ago, Victorian said:

I've spent more time on the eternal BLT or all day breakfast struggle.  BLT today.  Probably all day breakfast the morn. 

Tesco All Day Breakfast triple sandwich makes me warm and tingly inside.

17 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Some kind of ethical, naval gazing, titanic struggle of personal freedoms vs practical expediency.  Soul searching personal odyssey of liberty vs slavery?

Amirite?

I think so if only i could think so. 

13 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Its hard being the owner of my thinking at  times.  On the one hand the "  risky  rebellious taking a chance " James is thinking.

" dont take the  booster vaccine , you have probably had covid and if so You have natural immunity too  "

Versus  the less risky James

" take the booster as its clearly proven that the vaccines help prevent death and serious illness to a significant degree " 

or  the risky James 

" why pump more long term meds into my system   may cause serious side effects,  which I have experienced due to other long term meds  i have been on " 

Or  the more sensible one of them all 

" ffs you  have taken  the flu vaccine every year for the last 20 years get a grip ! 

Decisions decisions. Maybe i just overthink 

4 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

Tesco All Day Breakfast triple sandwich makes me warm and tingly inside.

Sandwich of questionable nutritional value filthy talk.  Alas I am limited to the Co-op upon my traverse over the tundra to work (a shop apparently).  

Edited by Victorian

3 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

I think so if only i could think so. 

Its hard being the owner of my thinking at  times.  On the one hand the "  risky  rebellious taking a chance " James is thinking.

" dont take the  booster vaccine , you have probably had covid and if so You have natural immunity too  "

Versus  the less risky James

" take the booster as its clearly proven that the vaccines help prevent death and serious illness to a significant degree " 

or  the risky James 

" why pump more long term meds into my system   may cause serious side effects,  which I have experienced due to other long term meds  i have been on " 

Or  the more sensible one of them all 

" ffs you  have taken  the flu vaccine every year for the last 20 years get a grip ! 

Decisions decisions. Maybe i just overthink 

Getting it then.  

19 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Just get it and don't tell anyone if you did or didn't.

Now wheres the fun in that ?  If i get it then you can all rip the shit out of me .  Groundhog day :) 

14 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Or get it and put it on your Facebook cover photo :vrface:

I have never stooped to that kind of slacktivism 

3 minutes ago, Victorian said:

BLT or all day breakfast.  I'll return post-pandemic for the answer.

Whichever he picks, he’ll deny it a month later anyway.

The Real Maroonblood
11 minutes ago, Janbo1874 said:

May need to throw in a Carbon Monoxide detector if you have gas.

Next they will be checking that you have unplugged your TV before you go to bed.

Don’t forget to put the toilet seat down.

25 minutes ago, Victorian said:

BLT or all day breakfast.  I'll return post-pandemic for the answer.

All day breakfast every time.......dont eat bread......

21 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

Whichever he picks, he’ll deny it a month later anyway.

image-23-10-21-07-07.jpeg

14 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

He was brilliant in that role.

Yes well when someone mentions politics earlier on it reminded me of a conversation i had had the other day with a friend about this great series so it just kinda like popped into my head...still in a state of shock when he tossed that woman off the top of the building... 

The Real Maroonblood
3 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Yes well when someone mentions politics earlier on it reminded me of a conversation i had had the other day with a friend about this great series so it just kinda like popped into my head...still in a state of shock when he tossed that woman off the top of the building... 

That was so unexpected.

Pretty horrific.

I think her character was Maddie.

fake-smile-dying-inside.gif

I can post gifs of that hunk all night long............. thats a new one to me.. Ill need to nick it. Thanks  :) 

image-23-10-21-06-56-4.gif

4 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

That was so unexpected.

Pretty horrific.

I think her character was Maddie.

I cant recall her name but do recall the scene. Pretty shocking and graphic. Can imagine Boris the buffoon doing that,.. :) trouble is he would probably fall too :) Just checked it was Mattie 

Edited by JamesM48

1 hour ago, Beni said:

As long as the vaccine is safe - and all indications are that it carries a tiny fraction of the risk of catching covid - then I don't see the problem.

It might end up being an annual jag like the flu, but people are generally happy enough to take that.

And there will always be folk on Kickback to r̶e̶m̶o̶r̶s̶e̶l̶e̶s̶s̶l̶y̶ ̶r̶i̶p̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶p̶i̶s̶s̶ offer emotional support.

I've never had, nor been offered a flu Jag as far as I'm aware.

Probably should really take it I guess.

The Real Maroonblood
10 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

I cant recall her name but do recall the scene. Pretty shocking and graphic. Can imagine Boris the buffoon doing that,.. :) trouble is he would probably fall too :) Just checked it was Mattie 

👍

19 minutes ago, Taffin said:

I've never had, nor been offered a flu Jag as far as I'm aware.

Probably should really take it I guess.

You only should get it if u have underlying health issues or elderly 

4 minutes ago, jonesy said:

What if I’ve developed a sort of Stockholm Syndrome and want more vaccines?

Maybe I should not have said “ should” as it’s a choice . I was advised to get if years ago due to an underlying health condition they ( health ) said I might be more prone to the flu . Since having that vaccine I’ve never had the flu but then , when I come to think of it I’ve only had the flu once before i started the yearly vaccine . It’s all rather a mind ****

26 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

You only should get it if u have underlying health issues or elderly 

That was my understanding of it but it's also my thoughts on the Covid vaccine and it would appear I'm a minority viewpoint on that. 

When the time does come for my booster I think I'll ask for the flu one at the same time. Make it worthwhile going to get them done I guess...two birds one stone and all that.

3 hours ago, Victorian said:

👍 Hopefully.  I see no reason why everyone already vaccinated will suddenly not be arsed to get a booster.  It should have reasonable take-up.  High hopes for the anti-viral roll out as well.  That sounds like it smashes the link between cases and hospitalisations.  Hopefully it's planned deployment can be widened.

👍

30 minutes ago, jonesy said:

It’s your civic duty to get vaxxed, James. Chief Mammy said so and all her we’ans will call you names and you’ll no’ get invited to her big Irn Bru party if ye dinnae.

When you feel an outsider its easier to bail out ones “ civic duty “ . Also I can’t stand irn bru anyway so it’s hardly a big miss 😎👍😂

Edited by JamesM48

23 minutes ago, Taffin said:

That was my understanding of it but it's also my thoughts on the Covid vaccine and it would appear I'm a minority viewpoint on that. 

When the time does come for my booster I think I'll ask for the flu one at the same time. Make it worthwhile going to get them done I guess...two birds one stone and all that.

👍

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, Taffin said:

You should get offered both at the same time, I’ve got mine next Friday. 

8 hours ago, Taffin said:

I get the flu jab because my mum is in the vulnerable category. Older people tend to not respond to the vaccination as well as younger people so getting it reduces the probability of passing the flu onto someone vulnerable.

5 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

You should get offered both at the same time, I’ve got mine next Friday. 

I'll keep an eye out. Not sure if it's different down here.

5 minutes ago, Bindy Badgy said:

I get the flu jab because my mum is in the vulnerable category. Older people tend to not respond to the vaccination as well as younger people so getting it reduces the probability of passing the flu onto someone vulnerable.

I didn't know the flu vaccine helped reduce passing it on too. Worth doing then imo.

Cheers 👍

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic