Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

PCR results came in, hoose is riddled apart from myself, everyone is OK. I've worked right through this pandemic and now it's finally in my house and I still cant catch it ffs, maybe I should get jagged after all and stop being irresponsible. Take care guys and keep those sleeves up.

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, escobri said:

PCR results came in, hoose is riddled apart from myself, everyone is OK. I've worked right through this pandemic and now it's finally in my house and I still cant catch it ffs, maybe I should get jagged after all and stop being irresponsible. Take care guys and keep those sleeves up.

Maybe you're riddled with worse?

Nucky Thompson
19 minutes ago, escobri said:

You're super duper.

Funny how the anti vaxxer is the only one in his house who hasn't caught it :kirk:

You couldn't make it up....or maybe you could

10 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

You really don’t know how people are managing in life with various things which may not necessarily be covid related . Mocking people for their style of writing or their lack of clarity or articulating things isn’t smart or clever . It’s cruel really . Kindness and empathy costs nothing  .

Don’t go around making judgements about other people’s lives and calling them cowardly and paranoid for wanting to protect their vulnerable daughter from Covid. Got exactly what you deserved.

:byebye:

28 minutes ago, escobri said:

It seems to work in mysterious ways. I had it yet wife and two toddlers in my house didn’t catch it despite still having lots of contact with me. 🤷🏻‍♂️

3 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

You're super duper.

Funny how the anti vaxxer is the only one in his house who hasn't caught it :kirk:

You couldn't make it up....or maybe you could

Not an anti vaxxer but just have an amazing immune system, being fit and healthy has its merits.

7 minutes ago, escobri said:

Not an anti vaxxer but just have an amazing immune system, being fit and healthy has its merits.

Heretic!!!

We're not allowed to champion the values of the immune system itself anymore. Lab manufactured vaccines only!

Dennis Denuto
10 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

I know it’s not an airport terminal and i don’t need to announce my departure but I’ll not be posting on this thread again . I just feel many of the comments / reactions are pretty savage , cutting and harsh really . You really don’t know how people are managing in life with various things which may not necessarily be covid related . Mocking people for their style of writing or their lack of clarity or articulating things isn’t smart or clever . It’s cruel really . Kindness and empathy costs nothing  . Anyway ……. 

CF1465DB-50B8-4B77-995B-7719F4C6E580.gif

Well said.

3 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Heretic!!!

We're not allowed to champion the values of the immune system itself anymore. Lab manufactured vaccines only!

Feed me big boy 💉 

The poor me,  woe is me act is a laugh.  He's done every single thing he's accusing others of.  He'll be back and quite rightly so.

Come back ya daft mess.

Austria straight into full lockdown.  That happened quicker than I suggested.  More to follow no doubt.

Edited by Victorian

12 hours ago, Gards said:

Think you were in a parallel Universe Edinburgh.  Princes St pretty packed out.  Went to a bar today in Rose St and they've all been pretty packed out.  Folks putting on their masks when they need to and nothing being said about Sturgeon, Sheep etc.

EDI as a whole pretty relaxed and happy and getting on with thing....not sure where you've been but it's not where I've just been this evening.

You wear the mask when you walk in but it’s allowed to sit mask free when inside. Then you have to pop mask on again if you go to the toilet.  It’s a ridiculous rule but I understand everyone goes along with it so the pubs stay open. 

1 hour ago, Dazo said:

And the bullies win. In a totally grown up way of course  🙄

Poster gets called out for posting lies and other shite and goes in a huff. 

The Real Maroonblood
11 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

You wear the mask when you walk in but it’s allowed to sit mask free when inside. Then you have to pop mask on again if you go to the toilet.  It’s a ridiculous rule but I understand everyone goes along with it so the pubs stay open. 

Spot on.

SuperstarSteve
1 hour ago, Taffin said:

Heretic!!!

It is weird. I’ve had chats with quite a few customers who think natural immunity isn’t a thing. 

17 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Austria straight into full lockdown.  That happened quicker than I suggested.  More to follow no doubt.

Incredible that the natural immune system wasn't enough to keep them out of lockdown. 

3 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Incredible that the natural immune system wasn't enough to keep them out of lockdown. 

Yeah I'm flabbergasted that one person's individual experience didn't necessarily extrapolate out to an entire population.  

7 minutes ago, SuperstarSteve said:

It is weird. I’ve had chats with quite a few customers who think natural immunity isn’t a thing. 

Is natural immunity a thing?

Or do you mean naturally acquired immunity?

1 minute ago, Beni said:

I think an considerable amount of people who catch the virus don't then develop the disease. Whether that's natural immunity or not, I don't really know. To me, if you don't develop a disease despite exposure I'd call it immune...but maybe it's just luck.

12 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Poster gets called out for posting lies and other shite and goes in a huff. 

Absolutely. That make it okay for the same 5 or 6 posters piling on every other post he makes though ? If he’s half the things they say he is it makes you wonder why they waste their time engaging so eagerly. 🤔

23 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Austria have just announced a 20 day national lockdown.

Things must be getting pretty bad over there.

Yikes 😞

5 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Yeah I'm flabbergasted that one person's alleged individual experience didn't necessarily extrapolate out to an entire population.  

Fixed that for you. 

3 minutes ago, Beni said:

I think Austria are the first country to make vaccination mandatory. It'll be interesting to see how that pans out.

Yep.  A lot of close attention will be getting paid.

2 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

There was no need to change the name tbf.

There was as i was just having a wee joke. 

23 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

Does this mean I'll be able to get heavier metallic objects to stick to me now? It'll be cool to walk around with spoons and stuff stuck to my arm instead of just coins.

Or a summer job in the circus? 

10 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Or a summer job in the circus? 

Not really much of a novelty act when 80% of the population are now human magnets, unfortunately. :(  

2 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Not really much of a novelty act when 80% of the population are now human magnets, unfortunately. :(  

😂

10 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

I hope they gave couples magnets with opposite poles or they will just repel each other

55 minutes ago, Victorian said:

And mandatory vaccinations.

43 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

:jj:

Good luck with that one over there. Huge chunk of the population not vaccinated. Do they really think 1/3 of the population are suddenly going to change their minds because their govt said it is now mandatory? 

It is and should always be down to the individuals choice what medical product you are willing to take. 

24 minutes ago, Taffin said:

I think an considerable amount of people who catch the virus don't then develop the disease. Whether that's natural immunity or not, I don't really know. To me, if you don't develop a disease despite exposure I'd call it immune...but maybe it's just luck.

You could be right, and I haven't read much about it. 

But we know that people can get reinfected, so even having Covid doesn't confer immunity, so who knows if people who were symptom free the first time have a lifetime pass, or could be susceptible to more serious infection at a later date.

SuperstarSteve
28 minutes ago, Beni said:

Natural immunity. As far as im aware is when you’v had a virus and recovered from it, your unlikely to be catching it again anytime soon possibly for years. 

Listen to some people’s experiences and worries over their son/daughter etc refusal to get the vaccine due to feeling like they had the virus, recovered and don’t need it and they very well could be right.

It’s upto to them to take that risk though and It’s just surprising to hear people say that’s nonsense and the only form of protection is the vaccine. 

1 minute ago, milky_26 said:

I hope they gave couples magnets with opposite poles or they will just repel each other

:lol:  I think many couples have been managing that since long before the pandemic.

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Good luck with that one over there. Huge chunk of the population not vaccinated. Do they really think 1/3 of the population are suddenly going to change their minds because their govt said it is now mandatory? 

It is and should always be down to the individuals choice what medical product you are willing to take. 

It’s a pity it has come to this.

2 hours ago, escobri said:

I think I need to sit down and collect myself. :) The world is not the same one I fell asleep in yesterday.

Glad to hear that everyone's ok though. :thumb:

1 minute ago, SuperstarSteve said:

Natural immunity. As far as im aware is when you’v had a virus and recovered from it, your unlikely to be catching it again anytime soon possibly for years. 

Listen to some people’s experiences and worries over their son/daughter etc refusal to get the vaccine due to feeling like they had the virus, recovered and don’t need it and they very well could be right.

It’s upto to them to take that risk though and It’s just surprising to hear people say that’s nonsense and the only form of protection is the vaccine. 

As I replied to Taffin above, we know that you can catch Covid more than once, so it doesn't confer immunity for everyone.

And the problem with acquiring antibodies by catching Covid is that it carries more risk than getting vaccinated.

Although at least we can agree that getting it is a matter of choice*.

*Except in Austria :whistling:

1 minute ago, Beni said:

As I replied to Taffin above, we know that you can catch Covid more than once, so it doesn't confer immunity for everyone.

And the problem with acquiring antibodies by catching Covid is that it carries more risk than getting vaccinated.

Although at least we can agree that getting it is a matter of choice*.

*Except in Austria :whistling:

At least Austria/Austrians don't have a bad record for being the first.

18 minutes ago, SuperstarSteve said:

Or they might be wrong. An individual's reaction to infection, for example, is more variable than to vaccination.

Anyway, here's a nice infographic produced by the British Society for Immunology to provide some information on the difference between immunity gained by means of infection and by means of vaccination: https://www.immunology.org/coronavirus/connect-coronavirus-public-engagement-resources/covid-immunity-natural-infection-vaccine

BSI_UKCIC_resource_NaturalvVaccineImmuni

The conclusion at the bottom reads that it is "likely that for most people vaccination will induce more effective & longer lasting immunity compared to natural infection".

Edited by redjambo

7 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

It’s a pity it has come to this.

It maybe has to.  It's maybe the case that the fabled 'we just have to live with it' is impossible unless a certain threshold of vaccination is reached and maintained.  If that becomes apparent then all that's left is mandatory vaccination.  States will need to adopt the responsibility of people who wont take it for themselves.  The rights to a tolerable life in a functioning society and economy for the majority will eventually overpower the (temporarily redundant) rights of the minority.

SuperstarSteve
11 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Or they might be wrong. An individual's reaction to infection, for example, is more variable than to vaccination.

Anyway, here's a nice infographic produced by the British Society for Immunology to provide some information on the difference between immunity gained by means of infection and by means of vaccination: https://www.immunology.org/coronavirus/connect-coronavirus-public-engagement-resources/covid-immunity-natural-infection-vaccine

BSI_UKCIC_resource_NaturalvVaccineImmuni

The conclusion at the bottom reads that it is "likely that for most people vaccination will induce more effective & longer lasting immunity compared to natural infection".

Your right they could be wrong but they could be right. I find it strange there is people out there denying that natural immunity is a thing. Might not be best form of protection but it’s an option and there’s no denying it, that’s how your immune system works. As you point out there is many different variables that come with that though. 

Ps.. I’m wrong by saying can’t deny it’s

not an option, well not in Austria. 

Edited by SuperstarSteve

55 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Absolutely. That make it okay for the same 5 or 6 posters piling on every other post he makes though ? If he’s half the things they say he is it makes you wonder why they waste their time engaging so eagerly. 🤔

I try not to reply to any posts he makes as I do feel this thread isn't doing him any good. He has flipped flopped so many times that he doesn't seem to know what he believes anymore. I've said before he needs to stay away from this thread for his own mental health

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic