Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

9 hours ago, Taffin said:

I've never had, nor been offered a flu Jag as far as I'm aware.

Probably should really take it I guess.

Don’t bother. Got my first flu jag with my booster on Tuesday and I’m on deaths door. 🥲

Wasn’t due one but got offered at the same time. Think they are offering it at the same time regardless. I regret that decision. 

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Dazo said:

Don’t bother. Got my first flu jag with my booster on Tuesday and I’m on deaths door. 🥲

Wasn’t due one but got offered at the same time. Think they are offering it at the same time regardless. I regret that decision. 

My dad had the same a few years ago and refuses to get one now. 

10 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

My dad had the same a few years ago and refuses to get one now. 

To be fair it could have been either but considering I’ve never had the flu jag my money is on that. Suppose it’s the right thing to do. 

1 hour ago, Dazo said:

Hmm, don't really fancy that but I'm sure you'll be feeling better soon. At least I hope you do!

2 hours ago, Dazo said:

I certainly don’t fancy getting both jabs at the same time , never mind the one ☝️ hope you feel better soon 

7 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

The only downside I felt to getting both at the same time was that both of my arms were sore AF and I couldn't sleep comfortably.

I assumed that and got both in the same arm. 

I didn't realise that was an option. :( 

Strangely both the actual injections were quite painful this time, whereas with the previous ones I barely felt a thing.

1 minute ago, Ray Gin said:

Strangely both the actual injections were quite painful this time, whereas with the previous ones I barely felt a thing.

The Moderna needle is bigger because of the heavier duty illuminati nanobots.  

3 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Yep same here especially the flu one which seemed to take longer to inject. 🙄

10 minutes ago, Victorian said:

The Moderna needle is bigger because of the heavier duty illuminati nanobots.  

Does this mean I'll be able to get heavier metallic objects to stick to me now? It'll be cool to walk around with spoons and stuff stuck to my arm instead of just coins.

Just now, Ray Gin said:

Does this mean I'll be able to get heavier metallic objects to stick to me now? It'll be cool to walk around with spoons and stuff stuck to my arm instead of just coins.

There's been a spate of cars swerving out of control that have passed a bus stop with 3 or more super-magnets standing there.  

1 minute ago, Victorian said:

There's been a spate of cars swerving out of control that have passed a bus stop with 3 or more super-magnets standing there.  

The good thing is that I'll hopefully start being more attractive to members of the opposite sex as long as they are fully jabbed and of the opposite polarity to me.

17 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

you'll be like these guys without the need to get a metal detector and long reach tool to aid picking things up

The Detectorists [Region 1]: Amazon.co.uk: DVD & Blu-ray

14 hours ago, Alex Kintner said:
  14 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

No one was dragged " kicking and screaming " for their vaccines as far as I am on aware on this. Stop causing bother. 

Foul comment.  You must still be spinning from getting pulled up earlier . 

yet…

On 23/10/2021 at 12:39, JamesM48 said:

I’ll probably be dragged kicking and screaming to get it to be honest too , just like I was with the double jabs . 

:scenes:

:rofl: 

Edited by Ray Gin

Dennis Denuto
12 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

My mammy says “liars always get found out” 👍🏻

I am pretty sure it's bad form to use James previous posts to point out he has changed his opinion again.

Naughty step for you Alex!!!

I’ve had a positive case in the household so now all been for a test, I’m unvaxxed and no symptoms. Positive person is double jagged, epidemic of the unvaccinated my arse. 

6 minutes ago, escobri said:

I’ve had a positive case in the household so now all been for a test, I’m unvaxxed and no symptoms. Positive person is double jagged, epidemic of the unvaccinated my arse. 

And I'm sure the possibility that it was actually you who brought it into your household has never even crossed your mind. For a nanosecond.

A couple of points: firstly, one example does not prove a theory and it is naive to think it does. Secondly, no-one is arguing that vaccination means that you can't catch the virus. It reduces your chances of doing so but most importantly it reduces how ill you get when you catch it.

All in all, I hope you don't mind me saying, your post comes over as if it were written by a 12-year-old who has very little grasp of logic or how the world actually works.

In saying that, I hope that any of your household members who have caught it get well soon.

Edited by redjambo

5 minutes ago, escobri said:

:cornette:

Dennis Denuto
9 minutes ago, escobri said:

Genuine question - is this a phrase that has been widely used to describe the Coronavirus Pandemic?

4 minutes ago, Dennis Denuto said:

Genuine question - is this a phrase that has been widely used to describe the Coronavirus Pandemic?

I'm not sure if it's been widely used but recently it's what I'd have taken from the figures. The cases for which there is a positive test are largely in the unvaccinated populace (from what I can tell).

Fortunately the unvaccinated are the minority, and the majority of them won't get serious symptoms so it's not too concerning imo.

Edited by Taffin

31 minutes ago, Dennis Denuto said:

I am pretty sure it's bad form to use James previous posts to point out he has changed his opinion again.

He does that all the time with various people . Clearly got too much time on his hands if he us snooping on others postings ! It’s rather petty and sad really and bordering on stalking . Anyway Im too busy for this silly stuff today . 

55 minutes ago, redjambo said:

The good thing is that I'll hopefully start being more attractive to members of the opposite sex as long as they are fully jabbed and of the opposite polarity to me.

Tut tut , lost your inclusiveness badge there ! 

3 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

He does that all the time with various people . Clearly got too much time on his hands if he us snooping on others postings ! It’s rather petty and sad really and bordering on stalking . Anyway Im too busy for this silly stuff today . 

Tbf he got you a cracker with that one James. Take it on the chin.

Folk dredging up the bleach stuff though and using it against you was pathetic however and out of order imo.

17 minutes ago, redjambo said:

And I'm sure the possibility that it was actually you who brought it into your household has never even crossed your mind. For a nanosecond.

A couple of points: firstly, one example does not prove a theory and it is naive to think it does. Secondly, no-one is arguing that vaccination means that you can't catch the virus. It reduces your chances of doing so but most importantly it reduces how ill you get when you catch it.

All in all, I hope you don't mind me saying, your post comes over as if it were written by a 12-year-old who has very little grasp of logic or how the world actually works.

In saying that, I hope that any of your household members who have caught it get well soon.

Thanks for your concern, the covid one has an illness with a common symptom hence the test. Everyone else is fine, im also quite good with and/nand gates.

4 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

:(  You'd think with the regularity that you make a **** of yourself you'd be able to take it in better humour by now.

Had my booster (pfizer) and flu jabs last night, this morning apart from a bit of soreness in my arms at the needle sites and feeling a bit tired, I've no other issues, and even they are wearing off as the day is progressing.

Again just goes to show everybody is different, I've known people being laid low with their first and or second jabs, whilst I've never had anything other than very mild discomfort for a few hours.

If I require further boosters in 6 or 12 months time, so fecking what, 20 minutes at my local village hall and a wee sore arm afterwards, big fecking deal...........not.

6 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

If I require further boosters in 6 or 12 months time, so fecking what, 20 minutes at my local village hall and a wee sore arm afterwards, big fecking deal...........not.

A tiny price to pay to keep everything open. 👍

23 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Tbf he got you a cracker with that one James. Take it on the chin.

Folk dredging up the bleach stuff though and using it against you was pathetic however and out of order imo.

👍👍

23 minutes ago, escobri said:

Thanks for your concern, the covid one has an illness with a common symptom hence the test. Everyone else is fine, im also quite good with and/nand gates.

:D Xorry, I'll have to take that bit back then.

2 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

There is a plus side. A beautiful young lady with a metallic piercing somewhere 'down south' may suddenly fly towards you....

We may have stumbled across the source of James' misgivings

23 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

:(  You'd think with the regularity that you make a **** of yourself you'd be able to take it in better humour by now.

Pot kettle black regarding humour . Cant recall a single humorous posting from you. Whereas if I was that offended by people on this I would just ignore them but I do like the banter and can see the humour . Saying Someone regularly makes a *** * of themselves isn’t that humorous really . 

22F43878-2D03-444B-BDE9-8FB3DFF92563.jpeg

2 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

There is a plus side. A beautiful young lady with a metallic piercing somewhere 'down south' may suddenly fly towards you....

And if you have a Prince Albert, they'll have to prise you apart afterwards.

Seymour M Hersh
14 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

I can post gifs of that hunk all night long............. thats a new one to me.. Ill need to nick it. Thanks  :) 

image-23-10-21-06-56-4.gif

Here's a freebie James! 

th-3.jpeg

17 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Pot kettle black regarding humour . Cant recall a single humorous posting from you. 

Of course you can't. That would be like a chimp appreciating the work of Rembrandt.

48 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Pot kettle black regarding humour . Cant recall a single humorous posting from you. Whereas if I was that offended by people on this I would just ignore them but I do like the banter and can see the humour . Saying Someone regularly makes a *** * of themselves isn’t that humorous really . 

22F43878-2D03-444B-BDE9-8FB3DFF92563.jpeg

23 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Of course you can't. That would be like a chimp appreciating the work of Rembrandt.

Ray's good craic on other threads. It's just this one he's a miserable git on.

Rembrandt is a stretch though. A Neil Buchanan Big Art Attack maybe.

1 hour ago, Dennis Denuto said:

The bizarre thing about this one is that it isn’t even about changing his opinion. He stated something as fact a few weeks ago and now denying it ever happened. He’s either a total liar or total fantasist. 🤷🏻‍♂️

4 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Ray's good craic on other threads. It's just this one he's a miserable git on.

Rembrandt is a stretch though. A Neil Buchanan Big Art Attack maybe.

:lol:

49 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

You seem to have an Inflated ego 

7DCEE74F-5B31-4879-A58B-AC953B595846.gif

22 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

The bizarre thing about this one is that it isn’t even about changing his opinion. He stated something as fact a few weeks ago and now denying it ever happened. He’s either a total liar or total fantasist. 🤷🏻‍♂️

“ this one “ who the hell do u think you are ? Pontificating on most threads like every thing you spew is gospel . I think you will get my greatest accolade for good this time . 

49 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Desperate measures in desperate times then? :lol:

It would be a interesting tale to tell at parties ! 

Dennis Denuto
1 minute ago, JamesM48 said:

“ this one “ who the hell do u think you are ? Pontificating on most threads like every thing you spew is gospel . I think you will get my greatest accolade for good this time . 

Calm down James, just answer if you were dragged kicking and screaming for your vaccinations or not, then we can move on to the next time you get your knickers caught in Drama of your own creation.

19 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Says the person who pronounced me “paranoid” and “anxious” for being cautious about Covid due to having a 1 year old with underlying conditions.

:vrface:

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic