Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

1 hour ago, Victorian said:

The poor me,  woe is me act is a laugh.  He's done every single thing he's accusing others of.  He'll be back and quite rightly so.

Come back ya daft mess.

ok if you insist........... 

image-23-10-21-06-58-13.gif

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, cheetah said:

Where's James? - waldobeb | Meme Generator

I was slightly 3 sheets to the wind last night...but now its the weekend...time to chill.........

tenor (2).gif

If you want to drive you need a driving licence;don't want one you don't get to drive. 

If you want to go abroad you need a passport;don't want one you don't get to travel abroad. 

If you want to go clubbing etc. get vaccinated;if you don't want to get vaccinated you don't get to go clubbing/football etc. 

3 minutes ago, SuperstarSteve said:

Your right they could be wrong but they could be right. I find it strange there is people out there denying that natural immunity is a thing. Might not be best form of protection but it’s an option and there’s no denying it, that’s how your immune system works. As you point out there is many different variables that come with that though. 

To be honest, I personally haven't heard anyone denying that natural immunity exists, although I have heard people expressing concerns at the variability of the immunity that infection produces in an individual. Infection-generated immunity has always been a factor, and in fact was the only path to immunity that we had before we were able to develop vaccines.

4 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

ok if you insist........... 

image-23-10-21-06-58-13.gif

That was even more short-lived that my "I'm leaving this thread" earlier this year, James. :D

20 minutes ago, Beni said:

As I replied to Taffin above, we know that you can catch Covid more than once, so it doesn't confer immunity for everyone.

And the problem with acquiring antibodies by catching Covid is that it carries more risk than getting vaccinated.

Although at least we can agree that getting it is a matter of choice*.

*Except in Austria :whistling:

It's worth noting you don't catch Covid 19. You develop it after having caught SARS-CoV-2. 

think 😂😂

SuperstarSteve
22 minutes ago, Beni said:

As I replied to Taffin above, we know that you can catch Covid more than once, so it doesn't confer immunity for everyone.

And the problem with acquiring antibodies by catching Covid is that it carries more risk than getting vaccinated.

Although at least we can agree that getting it is a matter of choice*.

*Except in Austria :whistling:

Agreed. With the exception to Austria, it’s a matter of choice. 

4 minutes ago, XB52 said:

If you want to drive you need a driving licence;don't want one you don't get to drive. 

If you want to go abroad you need a passport;don't want one you don't get to travel abroad. 

If you want to go clubbing etc. get vaccinated;if you don't want to get vaccinated you don't get to go clubbing/football etc. 

Not in England.

:greggy:

"Vax free wherever we may be,

No QR upon entry,

We don't give a ****

Unless you're Covidy

Coz we're VP free country"

:muggy:

9 minutes ago, Taffin said:

It's worth noting you don't catch Covid 19. You develop it after having caught SARS-CoV-2. 

think 😂😂

It's a worthwhile distinction, and scientists are looking for people who have a genetic immunity to the virus (as opposed to a seamless immune response).

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-02978-6

11 minutes ago, XB52 said:

There are hundreds, thousands of laws/rules/regulations which affect us from the cradle to the grave, many of them a lot of people don't like in one way shape or form, but if they want to do something or go somewhere, they just suck it up and get on with it.

16 minutes ago, redjambo said:

That was even more short-lived that my "I'm leaving this thread" earlier this year, James. :D

Very true . The flight last night was cancelled due to covid so I’m still

At the terminal ! 😂😂

2732AC73-2103-48A1-B570-10DBD40D1E51.gif

Funny thing rights.  People think,  usually correctly,  that they have certain rights.  But democratic states can and may legislate to make certain things illegal.  It's their choice as democratically elected executive powers to propose new laws and have them passed through their parliaments.  They are accountable via their democratic systems and to the public.  The onus is on others who don't agree to form alternative policy and attempt to gain power,  if enough people vote for them.

The rights that people currently think they have can be changed or removed and it can all be done through an entirely legitimate process with full accountability.

Edited by Victorian

15 hours ago, Dazo said:

You’ll be glad to know it gets worse. 😂

I got about 2 hours Kip last night. Through the worst of it now though but it’s been a brutal 24 hours. 🥲

Pretty much back to normal now, decent sleep and feeling fine now, of course might be a different story about 3pm or 4pm, but so far fine.

30 minutes ago, XB52 said:

I try not to reply to any posts he makes as I do feel this thread isn't doing him any good. He has flipped flopped so many times that he doesn't seem to know what he believes anymore. I've said before he needs to stay away from this thread for his own mental health

Im Fine . But thanks for that advice . No need to reply 

82986B77-DA2D-428A-BBDB-DA30A9642231.gif

On a serious note . How are they going to enforce mandatory vaccines ? 

Edited by JamesM48

3 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Funny thing rights.  People think,  usually correctly,  that they have certain rights.  But democratic states can and may legislate to make certain things illegal.  It's their choice as democratically elected executive powers to propose new laws and have them passed through their parliaments.  They are accountable via their democratic systems and to the public.  The onus is on others who don't agree to form alternative policy and attempt to gain power,  if enough people vote for them.

The rights that people currently think they have can be changed or removed and it can all be done through an entirely legitimate process with full accountability.

And it can and does vary from town to town via local by laws set by the council.

45 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Or they might be wrong. An individual's reaction to infection, for example, is more variable than to vaccination.

Anyway, here's a nice infographic produced by the British Society for Immunology to provide some information on the difference between immunity gained by means of infection and by means of vaccination: https://www.immunology.org/coronavirus/connect-coronavirus-public-engagement-resources/covid-immunity-natural-infection-vaccine

BSI_UKCIC_resource_NaturalvVaccineImmuni

The conclusion at the bottom reads that it is "likely that for most people vaccination will induce more effective & longer lasting immunity compared to natural infection".

Very good summary explaining the differences  . 👍

The way things are going Austria won't be the only mainland European country going into lockdown.

Was watching CNN this morning and they had a report from Romania, grim there, around about 36% of the population vaccinated and that's in the cities, out in the rural towns it's typically less than 20%.  Fake news, superstition, mistrust of the authorities are all a factor, even religion plays a part as many rural communities believe that god will protect them.  They were talking to one doctor in a town about an hour from Bucharest and she had only vaccinated 10 people that day, a huge amount of vaccine hesitancy in large areas of the country it seems.

30 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Somewhere between what happened to Diana and Dr David Kelly I presume.

I'd just like to state that I am in perfect health and have never had any dark thoughts.

Minutes applause in the 87th minute at Tynie if the government decides otherwise please.

In all seriousness **** that mandatory vaccine shite, I don't think a lawyer would have to work too hard to get it over turned.

Edited by Longbaws

Nucky Thompson
40 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

The government will know from your medical records if you have had it done. It's different from venues asking for proof of vaccinations

Edit. Probably ban you from leaving the house, issue fines etc

Edited by Nucky Thompson

Nucky Thompson

Travelers from England who have had an extra booster jab will be able to display their vaccination status on the NHS Covid pass from midday today.

20 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

The government will know from your medical records if you have had it done. It's different from venues asking for proof of vaccinations

The govt surely cannot access your medical records? 

15 minutes ago, indianajones said:

They can't but vaccination records can be kept as a stand-alone piece of data.  Any government could legislate to have access to such records.  Legislation could be brought in to do all sorts of stuff.  Impose fines,  enforced in various ways.  Maybe even restrict the right to work in certain jobs.  Withdraw the right to a passport.  It could even become a custodial matter if they wanted to.

1 hour ago, Beni said:

It's a worthwhile distinction, and scientists are looking for people who have a genetic immunity to the virus (as opposed to a seamless immune response).

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-02978-6

I'd be intrigued and would probably offer to take part in any study like that if I turned out to be a suitable candidate.

My partner had Covid, and had it quite bad last year.  She was coughing, sneezing, feverish, basically a big spreading pile of germs for the best part of 2 weeks :lol:  We lived together in a small house, slept in the same bed, you know the usual stuff couples do.  When she tested positive, we were sitting on the couch together having a TV dinner.  Close contact doesn't even begin to cover it.  I never caught anything, and tested negative 3 different times I went to get tested properly.

I've been told to self isolate a couple of times due to my pals catching it when we were playing a contact sport together, and still nothing.  No positive tests, no home testing positive results.

My mum and my sister both tested positive in the past few months, yet my dad and brother in the same house have both not despite regular testing.

I've had both my vaccinations now, so not sure if that would **** up any testing they could do.

5 minutes ago, Victorian said:

@redjambo

Cases seem to be stable around 3,000 and the +ve % rate has dipped down to 9% or less over the past few days.

What do you reckon?

As long as we keep up the rapid booster programme, hopefully it'll be steady as she goes.

2 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

The way things are going Austria won't be the only mainland European country going into lockdown.

Was watching CNN this morning and they had a report from Romania, grim there, around about 36% of the population vaccinated and that's in the cities, out in the rural towns it's typically less than 20%.  Fake news, superstition, mistrust of the authorities are all a factor, even religion plays a part as many rural communities believe that god will protect them.  They were talking to one doctor in a town about an hour from Bucharest and she had only vaccinated 10 people that day, a huge amount of vaccine hesitancy in large areas of the country it seems.

With all the things the UK govt feck up, I’m so grateful they got the vaccine sourcing so right. Levels of vaccination look so crucial just now when you look at most of the countries facing lockdowns.

9 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

As long as we keep up the rapid booster programme, hopefully it'll be steady as she goes.

Thinking the same.  We're probably seeing the 'benefit' of a sustained period of high rates as well.  That's probably maintained a level of natural immunisation to compliment the vaccine immunusation.  

I wouldn't rule out the possibility that it could remain a curious kind of byproduct benefit to have a certain amount of infection bubbling along at an optimal level.

28 minutes ago, Victorian said:

@redjambo

Cases seem to be stable around 3,000 and the +ve % rate has dipped down to 9% or less over the past few days.

What do you reckon?

A quick look at the trend graphs on Travelling Tabby seem to indicate that we've hit case and positivity rate plateaux after the recent modest rises in both. As Ray Gin says, steady as she goes, and hopefully both will start declining again.

Edited by redjambo

6 minutes ago, redjambo said:

A quick look at the trend graphs on Travelling Tabby seem to indicate that we've hit case and positivity rate plateaux after the recent modest rises in both. As Ray Gin says, steady as she goes, and hopefully both will start declining again.

👍

manaliveits105
2 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Travelers from England who have had an extra booster jab will be able to display their vaccination status on the NHS Covid pass from midday today.

Meanwhile in the dictatorship of Scotland …….. 

12 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

How on earth do you have time to post on here when you already have three jobs keeping you busy?

Footballfirst
11 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

........ a larger percentage of Scots will be able to show that they have had a booster shot (once the NHS Scotland App is updated)

manaliveits105

Even Wales have given 29th Nov as date boosters will show I suppose the SG are busy fighting fires on too many fronts at present 

Fire_At_The_Disco
1 hour ago, redjambo said:

Do you not post the tables anymore Red, I thought they were brilliant  ☹️

24 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Even Wales have given 29th Nov as date boosters will show I suppose the SG are busy fighting fires on too many fronts at present 

Can you tell me what use having booster jags showing on the VP is at the moment?? 

3 hours ago, Longbaws said:

Somewhere between what happened to Diana and Dr David Kelly I presume.

I'd just like to state that I am in perfect health and have never had any dark thoughts.

Minutes applause in the 87th minute at Tynie if the government decides otherwise please.

In all seriousness **** that mandatory vaccine shite, I don't think a lawyer would have to work too hard to get it over turned.

Yes it’s un enforceable 

3 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

How they going to ban you leaving  the house ? 

Edited by JamesM48

manaliveits105
22 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Can you tell me what use having booster jags showing on the VP is at the moment?? 

at least 3 countries require evidence of jag within 270 days - Austria Israel and Croatia - this may well become the norm soon and it would nice to be at least on par with ruk - of course if you dont travel you wont need it 

Dennis Denuto
2 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

at least 3 countries require evidence of jag within 270 days - Austria Israel and Croatia - this may well become the norm soon and it would nice to be at least on par with ruk - of course if you dont travel you wont need it 

And if the Scottish Government had done it first you would be on here telling us it was a waste of time - how crap are they etc etc

3 hours ago, indianajones said:

Come on ! They know the width and length of your last shit ! 

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic