• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Nicola doing update today in about 10 mins 

Aye we know I’ll be giving it a miss . I’m washing my hair . Btw don’t u mean Elsie Mcselfie ? 

manaliveits105
1 hour ago, Boab said:

You don't need proof of a booster to do things required of the passport at this time so can't see the ire here !

as there is a foreign travel option it would be good to be able to show an updated record - in case other countries bring in minimum terms since last vaccination etc if not just to be accurate .

1 minute ago, manaliveits105 said:

as there is a foreign travel option it would be good to be able to show an updated record - in case other countries bring in minimum terms since last vaccination etc if not just to be accurate .

If other countries do require an update, the app will be updated to include that.

They don't right now, and i'll wager it's a good bit off before they do.

It will happen...but not right now !

5 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Is she hiding a rat in each shoulder ?

Oh I need to have a peek then just to see what monstrosity she may be wearing , although I tend to like her dress sense ! 

Nah it’s a no from me with her look . Joan Collins did it better . 😂 

9FE1C633-2469-4D30-846C-B54CEB93D5A9.jpeg

Edited by JamesM48

3 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

👍 Chief MILF 

She’s more of a GIlF now or even GGILF 😂😂😎

3 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Hope she’s backed up her files and plugged herself in to the mains.

If only 😂😂😂

1 minute ago, jonnothejambo said:

What's the difference between Joan Collins and a KitKat?

That’s an old one !!  I mean her lol 

The Real Maroonblood
4 hours ago, Jeffros Furios said:

Due to my mother's age and health issues I was able to arrange a house visit for her booster  .

It might help for those elderly relatives who can't make it to the vaccine centres .

Coincidentally a nurse came to my mother’s house this morning to administer the booster.

Psychedelicropcircle

Thinking that folk will go get vaxed by further need of a VP. 

Blinded to the fact it’s an erosion of freedom of choice! 

time to remove this arsehole from power

5 minutes ago, Psychedelicropcircle said:

Its a vile form of coercion and  blackmail  governance  . Shameful. 

3 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Your getting a triple whammy for your cheek 😛

FEUyny4WUAU7YSY.jpg

FEUztOsXEAM6OL6.jpg

image-23-10-21-07-01-2.gif

A totalitarian state where we can freely share all sorts of outrageous shite, should we chose, and won't be carted off by the secret police for a wee holiday? That's some dictatorship. 

Dennis Denuto
18 minutes ago, Psychedelicropcircle said:

Where will it end? They’ll ban smoking in public and restrict the hours we can purchase alcohol next, and don’t get me started on recreational drugs!!

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, Dennis Denuto said:

Where will it end? They’ll ban smoking in public and restrict the hours we can purchase alcohol next, and don’t get me started on recreational drugs!!

There are already restrictions on when we can buy alcohol, have been for over 100 years. 

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

In a few years time you'll just take a pill once a year and you'll be protected from covid. 

Like the flu 🤔🤷🏾‍♂️?

Dennis Denuto
2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

There are already restrictions on when we can buy alcohol, have been for over 100 years. 

Really??? Next you are going to tell me I can't smoke or do smack in the pub!!!

3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Awww don't spoil things by using facts

Jeffros Furios
1 hour ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Coincidentally a nurse came to my mother’s house this morning to administer the booster.

Yeah it seems they realise that it's not easy for some elderly to walk or wait in queues .

Im glad they came round or my mother wouldn't be receiving the booster 

The Real Maroonblood
8 minutes ago, Jeffros Furios said:

Yeah it seems they realise that it's not easy for some elderly to walk or wait in queues .

Im glad they came round or my mother wouldn't be receiving the booster 

👍

She's 94 and was to attend Ingliston. 

That wasn't feasible for her.

I think that many people are against a further  extension of the vaccine passports malarkey ! Even her fervent admirers on this have voiced their criticism of it . It’s another “ being seen” to be doing something without any real science or reason behind it .

Apparently once she and others have clobbered together some of the reasons behind said extensions it’ll become Crystal clear . However still waiting on the efficacy of why it has been used in clubs and larger venues !  It’s the businesses I feel sorry for , especially in the run up to Xmas and Xmas parties booked etc . I’m hoping the compromise and agree that displaying a LfT will be sufficient . Seems far more scientific and reasonable . Currently at the gym snc wondering if these places will be under the new regulations ? I expect an even more roaring trade in fake vaccine passports . It’s all rather unnecessary really . 

1 hour ago, Psychedelicropcircle said:

It's called an election and we had one not long ago. Thankfully the people of Scotland voted her back

I doubt that the SG are at all keen to be so divergent from England on certification.  Going ahead with it in the more limited scope that it's currently being used for is understandable and manageable.  It was fairly easy to arrive at the arbitrary definition of a 'nightclub'.  The number of affected premises fairly limited.  If it's widened to include other hospitality then the complexity and difficulty begin to mount up.  If it includes all pubs,  private members clubs,  cafes,  restaurants and the like then the scale presents problems of various kinds.  If another arbitrary definition of which premises are included is produced then it could get rather silly.  Each individual business doesn't need the additional hassle,  cost and demand of labour.  Considering that certification isn't being used at all in England,  the divergence here represents too much.  There would undoubtedly be another legal challenge as well.  Compliance from premises and customers would be even more inconsistent and questionable than it is now.  

I just don't see enough of a likely net benefit to justify the measure.  Right now it's probably still being threatened to force out more and more younger people to come forward for vaccination.  It might even be an idle threat.  I think the negative LFT result alternative is a red herring to try to show people that they're being serious.

Conclusion.. it wont happen.

3 minutes ago, Victorian said:

I doubt that the SG are at all keen to be so divergent from England on certification.  Going ahead with it in the more limited scope that it's currently being used for is understandable and manageable.  It was fairly easy to arrive at the arbitrary definition of a 'nightclub'.  The number of affected premises fairly limited.  If it's widened to include other hospitality then the complexity and difficulty begin to mount up.  If it includes all pubs,  private members clubs,  cafes,  restaurants and the like then the scale presents problems of various kinds.  If another arbitrary definition of which premises are included is produced then it could get rather silly.  Each individual business doesn't need the additional hassle,  cost and demand of labour.  Considering that certification isn't being used at all in England,  the divergence here represents too much.  There would undoubtedly be another legal challenge as well.  Compliance from premises and customers would be even more inconsistent and questionable than it is now.  

I just don't see enough of a likely net benefit to justify the measure.  Right now it's probably still being threatened to force out more and more younger people to come forward for vaccination.  It might even be an idle threat.  I think the negative LFT result alternative is a red herring to try to show people that they're being serious.

Conclusion.. it wont happen.

👍

3 hours ago, Boab said:

If other countries do require an update, the app will be updated to include that.

They don't right now, and i'll wager it's a good bit off before they do.

It will happen...but not right now !

I have happily used the paper copy for foreign travel without any difficulty whatsoever, and the paper copy is updated when you receive the booster. I haven't got the app and as my phone is too old that is the way it is going to stay.

1 hour ago, Dennis Denuto said:

They won’t be happy until we all have to wear seat belts in a car and crash-helmets on a motor bike.

1 hour ago, JamesM48 said:

I think that many people are against a further  extension of the vaccine passports malarkey ! Even her fervent admirers on this have voiced their criticism of it . It’s another “ being seen” to be doing something without any real science or reason behind it .

Apparently once she and others have clobbered together some of the reasons behind said extensions it’ll become Crystal clear . However still waiting on the efficacy of why it has been used in clubs and larger venues !  It’s the businesses I feel sorry for , especially in the run up to Xmas and Xmas parties booked etc . I’m hoping the compromise and agree that displaying a LfT will be sufficient . Seems far more scientific and reasonable . Currently at the gym snc wondering if these places will be under the new regulations ? I expect an even more roaring trade in fake vaccine passports . It’s all rather unnecessary really . 

I didn’t realise Elsie McSelfie had such influence. All these countries around the world that she’s convinced to put further vaccine passport restrictions without a single shred of scientific evidence behind it.

10 minutes ago, FWJ said:

They won’t be happy until we all have to wear seat belts in a car and crash-helmets on a motor bike.

And install smoke alarms in our houses. I for one will oppose such a totalitarian society!

2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Like the flu 🤔🤷🏾‍♂️?

Who knows the flu could be next.

Already advanced in the development of a powered form of the covid vaccine, in either pill or inhaler form, here's an article from July, reporting that there is already a powdered covid vaccine.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-57553602

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, Dennis Denuto said:

Really??? Next you are going to tell me I can't smoke or do smack in the pub!!!

Depends on which pub you go into. 

4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Depends on which pub you go into. 

I was literally about to write that too ! 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Who knows the flu could be next.

Already advanced in the development of a powered form of the covid vaccine, in either pill or inhaler form, here's an article from July, reporting that there is already a powdered covid vaccine.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-57553602

Yeah I was just being pedantic, getting my booster and Fiu jab next Friday. Hopefully pills will come sooner rather than later. 

12 minutes ago, Longbaws said:

It's beginning to sound like folk will need the booster to have a functioning vaccine passport...

What are you basing that on?

I miss red's stats because although I didn't pay too much attention to cases, I liked to see what the  hospital/ICU numbers are. Sure I can find that out myself but it's too much effort for my lazy thumb when I just want to scroll and be spoon fed 😎

Edited by kila

5 minutes ago, Jonkel Hoon said:

Are there figures available  to shown that the current VP scheme has increased vacinne uptake?

No. It cant be proven that people have taken the vaccine so they can get a VP i would imagine. 

Nucky Thompson
13 minutes ago, kila said:

I miss red's stats because although I didn't pay too much attention to cases, I liked to see what the  hospital/ICU numbers are. Sure I can find that out myself but it's too much effort for my lazy thumb when I just want to scroll and be spoon fed 😎

No change in ICU from yesterday and 8 more in Hospital 

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic