Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

Governor Tarkin
11 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

938074CB-A775-428C-BD32-9248A1B4CD21.gif

Kurtz is a ringer for the poster formerly know as Geoff the Mince.

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

JudyJudyJudy
9 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

One of the headlines from today is the Health Secretary saying the Euro fan zone in Glasgow is 'low risk' due to reduced capacity, social distancing, no alcohol (hope everyone realises) and table service.

But I do think this highlights one of the mistakes of communications in that the event is outdoors. 

Its indoors where its pretty much all the risks are. 

Sounds like it’ll be hardly worth going to if no booze 🥃 

manaliveits105
9 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Many will have bought kilts and big feathers though 

16 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

No alcoholic spirits is how I read it.

They are now being daft to the point of ridicule. You can bring food into Hampden for the games also. They’re still looking at drinks however.

I’m done, sorry !

These people are ******* idiots.

Edited by Boab

10 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Geoff the Mince.

I do miss his Gatling gun approach to posting. 

Салатные палочки
4 minutes ago, Boab said:

They are now being daft to the point of ridicule. You can bring food into Hampden for the games also. They’re still looking at drinks however.

I’m done, sorry !

Staggered arrival times at Hampden also. Guy in the work has tickets for the game on Monday. 2pm kick off time. Time of arrival? 11.30am :laugh2:

JudyJudyJudy
20 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Kurtz is a ringer for the poster formerly know as Geoff the Mince.

I have heard of him but can’t recall him at all ! 

10 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Many will have bought kilts and big feathers though 

Oh I’m still in two minds whether to wear mine on Monday to the pub ! Nae feathers though and certainly no saltires 

7 minutes ago, Boab said:

They are now being daft to the point of ridicule. You can bring food into Hamden for the games also. They’re still looking at drinks however.

I’m done, sorry !

I know it’s laughable really if it wasn’t so tragic . However there seems to be an admittance than we are not going back in tiers , but then it makes you wonder how long we will be in the current tiers ? 

Edited by JamesM48

Just now, Salad Fingers said:

Staggered arrival times at Hampden also. Guy in the work has tickets for the game on Monday. 2pm kick off time. Time of arrival? 11.30am :laugh2:

Are they allowed to sing though ?

If ever there was a time for “ you don’t know what you’re doing ! “, this is it !

There is alcohol at the fan zone I'm sure. Looked at going when I'm home...you have to be in an authorised alcohol consumption zone though (😂)

34 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

It all depends on how one interprets and reacts to figures . We have been in level 2 for over 3 weeks now . On May 18th we had 0 deaths , 4 in ICU and 70 in hospital. Today 3 weeks on we have 0 deaths , 12 in ICU and 121 in hospital . This is not an alarming rise I would suggest . However others may view a “ 200% “ rise in ICU as “worrying “ and the “ apocalypse “ but when you see it as  the figure 12 one May view it with less alarm . Perspectives and all . 

Interpretation is everything - can't just be dismissive though.

There is a slow creep up in hospital admissions which was similar to the October lockdown, difference now is many people with vaccines so long may it continue.*

*edited - realise this didn't sound right. long may vaccines and slow hospital numbers continue. 

Edited by Mysterion

ScottieMac17
3 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Or a negative lateral flow test.

I think showing a negative test is a better idea tbh, that way you know people don't have the virus upon entry.

6 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Or a negative lateral flow test.

i somehow missed that bit, as i thought it strange to prevent people not eligible from going

Seriously though, where is the enjoyment of going to a game where you can be asked to be there 2 and half hours before kick off, avoid contact with fellow fans and, I imagine, waiting for your allocated leaving time ? 
Could be a 5 hour time in the ground ?

Meanwhile your mates could be pissing it up before, during and after in the garden as we’ll be doing.

I get staunch fans want to be there but, like holidays at the minute, it’s meant to be enjoyable, not a royal pain in the arse.

8 minutes ago, ScottieMac17 said:

I think showing a negative test is a better idea tbh, that way you know people don't have the virus upon entry.

You don't really know that with much confidence from those tests really, but yes, I think it's a very useful secondary tool. It would be completely unfair to turn ticket holders away who haven't been offered both vaccines yet 

7 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

i somehow missed that bit, as i thought it strange to prevent people not eligible from going

It's not overly apparent from the article, especially the headline. Which I guess was their intention no doubt. Easily missed 👍

Governor Tarkin
35 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

I do miss his Gatling gun approach to posting. 

33 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

I have heard of him but can’t recall him at all ! 

PHM, all round good guy, and an excellent post Celtic match example of why honesty is not always the best policy.

JudyJudyJudy
2 minutes ago, Boab said:

Seriously though, where is the enjoyment of going to a game where you can be asked to be there 2 and half hours before kick off, avoid contact with fellow fans and, I imagine, waiting for your allocated leaving time ? 
Could be a 5 hour time in the ground ?

Meanwhile your mates could be pissing it up before, during and after in the garden as we’ll be doing.

I get staunch fans want to be there but, like holidays at the minute, it’s meant to be enjoyable, not a royal pain in the arse.

Exactly pal . It’s completely waste a time . The atmosphere will be dead . We are struggling to get a pub for any of the games now . But even in pubs it’s very strict and regimented . No spontaneity 

The Real Maroonblood
2 hours ago, redjambo said:

You realise that we've been doing this chart and thumbs-up daily for almost 7 months now (with a wee break of course when I took some time out from posting the charts on here)?

We're getting there now though. :thumb:

👍😀

Edited by The Real Maroonblood

Nucky Thompson
2 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

But enough about @Nucky Thompson

:sweeet:

Some prominent posters on this thread could do with a shot of Douglas Ross' humanity.

:wattie:

6 hours ago, jonesy said:

Hey Vic,

You accidentally posted your Twitter bio as a response to my post. ;) 

Come now, embrace your place as one of the sheeple. 
tenor.gif?itemid=15250775

3 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Some prominent posters on this thread could do with a shot of Douglas Ross' humanity.

4Naalqe.gif

3 hours ago, westbow said:

Hi Cavey, are you still confident about your florida trip in October? Not so sure myself.

I am due to go to florida 1st Nov. Was feeling reasonably positive till the Portugal back track shambles.  Now only feeling 50 50.

Not long until we see about fans attending Tynecastle for the Premier Sports League Cup

Tuesday 15th July and Sunday 25th July are our 2 home ties

Given what has been said this week with a fan park allowing 6000 people to mix and mingle with no proof of testing and given fans can attend Hampden...approx 25% of capacity with conditions (and frankly they don't know what they are doing by treating them in a different fashion) it will be interesting to see what excuse will be used next

We're all aware things change though our government seems reluctant to simply spell this out at times (trust us we will understand FM) the need for a decision gets closer and closer......just don't invent comparisons or reasons to avoid fans returning.......look to help rather than hinder even if means testing or proof of vaccine before 'going to the match'

3 hours ago, connlach said:

I am due to go to florida 1st Nov. Was feeling reasonably positive till the Portugal back track shambles.  Now only feeling 50 50.

Here’s hoping mate.

Салатные палочки
2 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

Pzifer entering final trial on use in under 12’s.

Absolutely incredible that any parent would consider a covid vaccination on any healthy, happy child under twelve. 

JudyJudyJudy
44 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

Absolutely incredible that any parent would consider a covid vaccination on any healthy, happy child under twelve. 

👍

The Mighty Thor
46 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

Depends on how deep into the 'kids don't spread it' theory you are.

If they don't spread covid it must be the only thing outside of STDs kids don't catch and spread like wildfire. 

12 hours ago, redjambo said:

Yes, but some of the mistakes, such as not controlling our borders sufficiently, thus allowing the virus and its variants to enter our population from outside, have been repeated again and again. I'm not sure we've learned our lesson on that one even now.

That’s never made any sense from Day1. Country in full lockdown. You can’t leave your house except to get supplies or excercise. Virtually everything else is illegal. Yet you could come and go freely from any country in the world for the first 3 months. Surely the first thing an ‘island’ should do to protect itself. Should have been a complete ban from the start with a 2 week window to repatriate only.

Edited by JimmyCant

Салатные палочки

Anyone attending the game at Wembley on Sunday will need to have had either both of their covid vaccinations or provide a negative PCR test. 

I'm sure they said a while back that even with both covid vaccines you could still contract the virus. So if you turn up with proof you have had both vaccines, you get immediate access to the ground despite the possibility that you may have the virus. 

Alternatively, you have had both vaccines but have the virus and your PCR test shows positive - no entry. 

Or you have had no vaccines but you have a clear PCR test - entry. 

What a ****in shitshow :laugh2:

58 minutes ago, jonesy said:

They only caved to the fan zone because otherwise UEFA would have KO'd Hampden as a venue. It's about prestige and publicity, not public health. I'll be surprised if we get reasonable numbers allowed at Tynecastle for next month.

Yip. Out of the 12 countries, only Ireland couldn’t guarantee fans in grounds safely and lost their place. Maybe not just the fanzone however. I can see it being a white elephant out with Scotland games.

JudyJudyJudy
14 minutes ago, Boab said:

Yip. Out of the 12 countries, only Ireland couldn’t guarantee fans in grounds safely and lost their place. Maybe not just the fanzone however. I can see it being a white elephant out with Scotland games.

Ireland has one of the most draconian and longest lockdowns and restrictions of any country so this doesn’t surprise me 

1 hour ago, jonesy said:

They only caved to the fan zone because otherwise UEFA would have KO'd Hampden as a venue. It's about prestige and publicity, not public health.

This.

frankblack
3 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

My 18 year old nephew has received his first vaccine date, Looks like they are coming to the end of the first sweep, 

Also note that open vaccinations for anyone over 40 who has not received 1st dose or second dose of AZ if 8 weeks passed have been opened in Lothian. 

https://www.scotsman.com/health/covid-scotland-drop-in-vaccine-clinics-launched-for-over-40s-in-edinburgh-and-lothians-3265987%3famp

My 2nd Jag is for this afternoon so expecting carnage at Ingliston.

11 hours ago, Salad Fingers said:

I think take up will be slow and maybe only a bit over 50% overall.  It depends on how they look at it.  Some may well take a wider view that maximum vaccine coverage and population immunity will yield a variety of benefits to the child.  Less chance of further covid related disruption to education and societal activities,  etc.  Basically that the quicker we can finally escape from covid,  the better it will be for everyone,  which keeps the child healthy and happy.  Some wont bother with any of that and look only at their child as a stand-alone person who neither affects anyone else or is affected by anyone else.  

scott herbertson

Interesting episode of More or less on Radio 4 with the first segment explaining regional vs national vaccination rates in England (nerd alert - this one's for the statisticians amongst us)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m000wsf0

For the rest  (moobs alert) - there's a discussion on bra sizes..................

frankblack
11 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Different buildings, I believe, so shouldn’t impact you hopefully.

Thanks - didn't know that. 👍

JudyJudyJudy

Good news . Less hospital admissions , less older / vulnerable people and crucially those who are in hospital are  younger and are needing less critical care . 

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/jun/09/link-between-covid-cases-and-deaths-has-been-broken-says-senior-nhs-boss?CMP=fb_gu&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR24SwHE9IOacsHuEpAaeh15HEzO8DPqGKkXev0wSqiXR5nD5cJkmcdKO2A#Echobox=1623228692

The Real Maroonblood
13 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

2nd jag completed, was a bit early, but taken straight away, great service.

👍

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, JamesM48 said:

Good news . Less hospital admissions , less older / vulnerable people and crucially those who are in hospital are  younger and are needing less critical care . 

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/jun/09/link-between-covid-cases-and-deaths-has-been-broken-says-senior-nhs-boss?CMP=fb_gu&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR24SwHE9IOacsHuEpAaeh15HEzO8DPqGKkXev0wSqiXR5nD5cJkmcdKO2A#Echobox=1623228692

Has the Guardian been infiltrated?

2 hours ago, scott herbertson said:

Interesting episode of More or less on Radio 4 with the first segment explaining regional vs national vaccination rates in England (nerd alert - this one's for the statisticians amongst us)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m000wsf0

For the rest  (moobs alert) - there's a discussion on bra sizes..................

Was listening to that this morning. Glad they said what exponential actually means. Didn't get to the bra size bit though.

Government gave Covid contract to Dominic Cummings' friends unlawfully, High Court rules

Governor Tarkin
5 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

Government gave Covid contract to Dominic Cummings' friends unlawfully, High Court rules

Jail the *******s.

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic