Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

Footballfirst
18 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Interesting . Its old news though 

Old, as in being based on figures published by ONS yesterday?

The numerical difference between Covid being on the death certificate and Covid deemed as the underlying cause has been recognised for a while. 

However, in the early weeks of the pandemic in March-May 2020, the opposite was true as the excess deaths were greater that those attributed to Covid.  It appeared that there were additional deaths recorded as dementia or similar conditions, which were more likely to be Covid deaths, particularly in Care Homes. 

I believe that guidance was issued to GPs and other doctors to take more cognisance of Covid in their determinations of cause, leading to a switch from under recording to over recording. 

More than 70,000 excess deaths during the pandemic - BBC News

Edited by Footballfirst

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The PMs comment about the shrinking epidemic being caused mainly by the lockdown rather than vaccinations seems to be being backed up by various advisors and competent people.  Unfortunate for the people who seems to believe the vaccines can immediately replace social distancing as the sole suppression tool.  

36 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

All my mates have had their first Jab now, all 43/44 and everyone one of them were ill for a day after it. Most of them have had covid, one still suffering long covid as well.

But my Mum and Dad were fine and any older person I've spoken to said it was no prob, so maybe the younger you are the more ill you are the day after?

Mine is delayed due to registration issues with new GP but I should get jabbed in a week or two. Can only assume under 40's in Glasgow will be getting called up very soon. Good progress.

In that case, it's not just in life expectancy that Glasgow is several years in front of Edinburgh in.

Some younger people are having stronger side effects than the older people were previously. Something to do with the way a more tuned immune system works with the vaccine. Or so the boy who gave me mine said the other day.

1 hour ago, JamesM48 said:

Hi sorry to hear you have been unwell.  I got the jab yesterday. I was fine until during the night and ive had a sore arm since then. its not major pain and controlable by drugs. What side effects did you have.? I am hoping that the only side effect i get.  

Interesting . Its old news though 

U watch morning tv ????????? 

Bet me to it 

Good question. 

I'm up at 3/4 am every morning. BBC World News, then I flick between BBC and GMB for half an hour before I go to work. That's after walking the dug, feeding the cat and dug, letting the cat out and tanning 3 or four cappuccinos. I've no time for catching Covid.

Edited by ri Alban

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

I'm up at 3/4 am every morning. BBC World News, then I flick between BBC and GMB for half an hour before I go to work. That's after walking the dug, feeding the cat and dug, letting the cat out and tanning 3 or four cappuccinos. I've no time for catching Covid.

Covid wouldnt go anywhere near you . You always sound like a hard nut... :) I havent watched morning news in years. I just read the news online now. 

5 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Covid wouldnt go anywhere near you . You always sound like a hard nut... :) I havent watched morning news in years. I just read the news online now. 

I'm still looking for answers to why I'm so exhausted everyday without doing much. 

Hard Nut 🤣 

Edited by ri Alban

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

I'm still looking for answers to why I'm so exhausted everyday without doing much. 

😃

Howdy Doody Jambo
1 hour ago, Victorian said:

The PMs comment about the shrinking epidemic being caused mainly by the lockdown rather than vaccinations seems to be being backed up by various advisors and competent people.  Unfortunate for the people who seems to believe the vaccines can immediately replace social distancing as the sole suppression tool.  

What's the point of the vaccine then? Another lockdown on the way at the end of the year when flu and runny noses come around next winter? 

This does nothing for the younger ages to be encouraged to take a vaccine 

It's just more bull from Doris and his advisors Who are these faceless various advisors and competent people? 

Edited by The Maroon Pound

Enzo Chiefo
1 hour ago, Victorian said:

What lockdown? 

JudyJudyJudy
6 minutes ago, The Maroon Pound said:

What's the point of the vaccine then? Another lockdown on the way at the end of the year when flu and runny noses come around next winter? 

It's just more bull from Doris and his advisors Who are these faceless various advisors and competent people? 

Yes once i have had both jabs the masks will be burnt.  There muzzling of us in every conceivable  way will never end unless we make a stand .  Most people have agreed to take the vaccine.  Thats the deal we have made to get our " freedoms" back and that should be the end of it. Accept a certain level of deaths or hospital admissions as this is only being realistic.  But the evidence suggests quite strongly that the vaccines work and that it our way out. 

23 minutes ago, The Maroon Pound said:

Vaccines protect many people from serious illness.  Eventually and hopefully vaccines will replace in full social distancing measures.  It hasn't happened yet.  The PM's comment was right.

32 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

What lockdown? 

As we all know perfectly well,  'lockdown' is the all encompassing term employed to describe the restrictions that have been in place for many months.  As we all know perfectly well,  lockdown = all of the activities and gatherings of people that have been prevented in order to reduce social contact that allows virus to transmit between people.  Full lockdown where nobody comes into contact with another human being?  Obviously not.  

You know what lockdown was.  I'm sure we are equally keen to never see it in the same form ever again.

Enzo Chiefo
21 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Yes once i have had both jabs the masks will be burnt.  There muzzling of us in every conceivable  way will never end unless we make a stand .  Most people have agreed to take the vaccine.  Thats the deal we have made to get our " freedoms" back and that should be the end of it. Accept a certain level of deaths or hospital admissions as this is only being realistic.  But the evidence suggests quite strongly that the vaccines work and that it our way out. 

Yes, quite agree. Common sense tells us vaccines are breaking the link between cases and hospitalisations.  99% of deaths came from a cohort who have now been vaccinated. We need to start living without fear.  That includes the PM who has allowed himself to be played by the modelling scientists.  Social distancing, lockdowns etc are yesterday's tactic and, as you say, we all agreed to take the vaccines in order to regain our freedoms and right to live, not exist. Future attempts to lockdown or restrict should and will be rejected.

15 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

696F4231-176D-4D18-98C9-AC31FF8BAB71.jpeg

That's class hahaa I think it represents about 95% of the people whom I work with.

I seriously question people on the decision to blindly back pharmaceutical companies, companies immune from liability for deaths, injuries and complications resulting from their products. I doubt the validity of the data available being able to determine there will be no issues in the long term and I can't believe the arguments returned to me when I point out that anyone taking a jab is doing so as part of a clinical trial, whilst giving no informed consent to being so.

Four companies (they are certainly  not not for profit groups) are leading these vaccines. 3 are serial criminals, tried and proven as such in court. Pfizer has lost so many lawsuits it really is hard to count. Astra Zeneca are similar though less. Johnson and Johnson and Moderna (named as they are trying to modernise our RNA) have never had a vaccine brought to market prior to Covid, J & J has lost major lawsuits in 1995, 1996, 2001, 2010, 2011, 2016 and 2019. Moderna is the only company on the "wonderful" list who have not paid out billions in damages for other products they brought to market when they knew they would cause deaths and injuries. Might that be because they have NEVER successfully brought any product into market?

Where in the world would you back someone with that kind of reputation? I certainly do not trust them.

On top of that in the 60's an RSV vaccine for infants entered a clinical trial - skipping animal testing - and despite appearing immunogenic initially the RSV exhibited a paradoxical disease-strengthening effect. Off 20 infants who received the RSV vaccine, 16 required to be hospitalised 2 died. Since 2000, scientists made many many attempts at creating coronavirus vaccines. Notable failures in 2004 the vaccine produced hepatitis in ferrets, 2005 mice became ill and more susceptible to coronavirus after vaccination, 2012 ferrets became sick and died and in 2016 the vaccinated ferrets and mice either developed lung disease or died. All ending in failure because the animals in the trials got very ill but even in the studies when antibody responses were produced they found once exposed to the wild version of the virus the test subjects immune system would produce a cytokine storm and the test subjects also died.

So, never before has a coronavirus vaccine been successfully attempted nor has the gene-therapy technology that is mRNA vaccine ever been safely brought to market. 

Top it off with no data to suggest the efficiency or safety regarding long term effects, sterility, pregnancy, under 18s, autoimmune diseases/conditions, immunocompromised individuals, transmission, prevention or protection. We have no idea what these products will do in the months or years ahead but being unaware that you're part of the trial to find out is commendable and for the greater good? Do me a favour.

Almost all problems in the world can be traced to an assumption of knowledge, without evidence. That doesn't help shift the burden of proof from the government to their respondents to disprove their claims. Covid has become a totalitarian religion and you should know where those lead. Group think and mob mentality can get to ****, demand evidence before you allow injections into yourself not because the propaganda machine tells you it's your duty.

20 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Vaccines protect many people from serious illness.  Eventually and hopefully vaccines will replace in full social distancing measures.  It hasn't happened yet.  The PM's comment was right.

Only time has stopped that happening. That won’t be an issue going forward or we wouldn’t be easing any restrictions. 

So you’re basically telling us a bear shits in the woods. Cheers  😂

13 hours ago, heartstastic said:

https://odysee.com/@januszkowalskii1979:e/The-Truth-about-Virus-Isolation---Dr-Sam-Bailey:1

Many many Independent scientists that are not tied to big pharma are saying the same thing. Now if what shes say is true, then what on earth is in the vaccines. The devil is in the details.

Ah the New Zealand quack again. Of all the countries to make bogus claims in, she makes them in a place that used testing and lockdowns spectacularly effectively. 

What's in the vaccines?

mRNA, lipids ((4-hydroxybutyl)azanediyl)bis(hexane-6,1-diyl)bis(2-hexyldecanoate), 2 [(polyethylene glycol)-2000]-N,N-ditetradecylacetamide, 1,2-Distearoyl-sn-glycero-3- phosphocholine, and cholesterol), potassium chloride, monobasic potassium phosphate, sodium chloride, dibasic sodium phosphate dihydrate, and sucrose.

Governor Tarkin
16 minutes ago, Chong said:

So, never before has a coronavirus vaccine been successfully attempted.

Apart from the flu vaccine that millions around the world get every year. 🤷‍♂️

18 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Only time has stopped that happening. That won’t be an issue going forward or we wouldn’t be easing any restrictions. 

So you’re basically telling us a bear shits in the woods. Cheers  😂

No I responded to another poster asking what the point of vaccines is.  It's not my fault the answer is pretty straightforward and widely recognised.  What was the purpose of your post?

Edited by Victorian

7 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Apart from the flu vaccine that millions around the world get every year. 🤷‍♂️

Wow, just wow.

8 minutes ago, Victorian said:

No I responded to another poster asking what the point of vaccines is.  It's not my fault the answer is pretty straightforward and widely recognised.  What was the purpose of your post?

To show the pointlessness of your post mainly but also to show up the playing down of the vaccine is alive and well by some people. 

Howdy Doody Jambo
1 hour ago, JamesM48 said:

100% Well said 

JudyJudyJudy
33 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Yes, quite agree. Common sense tells us vaccines are breaking the link between cases and hospitalisations.  99% of deaths came from a cohort who have now been vaccinated. We need to start living without fear.  That includes the PM who has allowed himself to be played by the modelling scientists.  Social distancing, lockdowns etc are yesterday's tactic and, as you say, we all agreed to take the vaccines in order to regain our freedoms and right to live, not exist. Future attempts to lockdown or restrict should and will be rejected.

Yes i really mean it Enzo once I have had both vaccines I will not be masked anywhere. Simple as that. Everyone should do the same too. But ofcourse many will have the fear ingrained in them so much they prob wont ever take their masks off. Im not at all bothered about social distancing .  Thats not that big a deal to me really apart from it affecting indoor venues. A guy on this the other day was / is happy to sit a t football match masked...thats the level of stupidity we have got to really or fear. 

Howdy Doody Jambo
59 minutes ago, Victorian said:

The PM's comment was pish

19 minutes ago, Dazo said:

To show the pointlessness of your post mainly but also to show up the playing down of the vaccine is alive and well by some people. 

:rofl:  who's playing down the vaccine?  

16 minutes ago, The Maroon Pound said:

The PM's comment was pish

It really wasn't.  We're doing great with the vaccine programme but it hasn't yet fully replaced social distancing.  You can pretend otherwise but it's delusional.  Reality is a better place to be to prevent disappointment.

Howdy Doody Jambo
13 minutes ago, Victorian said:

It really wasn't.  We're doing great with the vaccine programme but it hasn't yet fully replaced social distancing.  You can pretend otherwise but it's delusional.  Reality is a better place to be to prevent disappointment.

Oh well stay in lockdown, don't bother ever going back outside ever again just in case another person farts within 2 metres 

Governor Tarkin
52 minutes ago, Chong said:

Wow, just wow.

So what are you saying mate?

Is the vaccine going to kill us all?

JudyJudyJudy
6 minutes ago, The Maroon Pound said:

Oh well stay in lockdown, don't bother ever going back outside ever again just in case another person farts within 2 metres 

Some people would be very happy with this "cautious"  scenario. It would save lives but also mean we actually wouldn't be living . 

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Is he having a laugh and taking the piss ? Really ?  Scare mongering to a brand new level. 

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/health/scotland-should-prepare-for-third-wave-of-covid-in-winter-says-epidemiologist-3200406

Pass the gun.

My mate is freaking out already because of the African variant. 

This might push him over the edge. 

:laugh2:

JudyJudyJudy
Just now, The Real Maroonblood said:

Pass the gun.

My mate is freaking out already because of the African variant. 

This might push him over the edge. 

:laugh2:

I took that posting down as it just gives power to those nutty scientists....yes pass the gun.  what is the point of vaccines then? 

The Real Maroonblood
3 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

I took that posting down as it just gives power to those nutty scientists....yes pass the gun.  what is the point of vaccines then? 

Your quite right taking that post down. 

Exactly right about the vaccination. 

It'd be quite funny if the vaccine made all humans infertile. Good news we've saved everyone from Covid. The bad news is no more people. 

18 minutes ago, The Maroon Pound said:

Yeah.  Cos' that's what I said eh? Well done Poirot.

2 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

So what are you saying mate?

Is the vaccine going to kill us all?

Not at all man, please read what I wrote. All I'm saying is they can't say it won't do you damage long term because they don't know. I'm also highlighting the suspicious past of the four main companies involved in a global rollout. 

It is not the miracle cure they are selling it as, it has many downsides and people should be aware there is no data to support a worldwide release. I'm highlighting that these are live trials and many are participating themselves without that knowledge. 

Didnt mean to sound like a smart ass too man with the reply re: flu is a coronavirus or vice versa, from a virology point of view they are definitely not the same. Influenza and coronavirus have a single strand of RNA as a compound, that's the only similarity. The influenza genome has 7 or 8 segments and coronavirus is one long strand.

Governor Tarkin
2 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

It'd be quite funny if the vaccine made all humans infertile. Good news we've saved everyone from Covid. The bad news is no more people. 

There'll be enough spunk and eggs in the deep freeze to keep us going for a while yet.

Just now, Governor Tarkin said:

There'll be enough spunk and eggs in the deep freeze to keep us going for a while yet.

Not if I burn it all. :cheese:

scott herbertson
4 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

A bonus for the planet though...

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Thats rather explicit , I nearly spilt  my coffee reading it........... :) 

heartstastic
1 hour ago, Gizmo said:

Ah the New Zealand quack again. Of all the countries to make bogus claims in, she makes them in a place that used testing and lockdowns spectacularly effectively. 

What's in the vaccines?

mRNA, lipids ((4-hydroxybutyl)azanediyl)bis(hexane-6,1-diyl)bis(2-hexyldecanoate), 2 [(polyethylene glycol)-2000]-N,N-ditetradecylacetamide, 1,2-Distearoyl-sn-glycero-3- phosphocholine, and cholesterol), potassium chloride, monobasic potassium phosphate, sodium chloride, dibasic sodium phosphate dihydrate, and sucrose.

So from the request i asked for someone (because i've looked myself and cannot find it..) no one can produce evidence of isolated purified samples of the virus everyone's losing there shit over (very important if you stop to think about it)....and instead offer up ad hominem hit piece's from 'fact checkers' (note ANYONE can be a fact checker)....some of you are so brainwashed by the official narrative i'll leave you to it..lol

Governor Tarkin
2 minutes ago, Chong said:

Not at all man, please read what I wrote. All I'm saying is they can't say it won't do you damage long term because they don't know. I'm also highlighting the suspicious past of the four main companies involved in a global rollout. 

It is not the miracle cure they are selling it as, it has many downsides and people should be aware there is no data to support a worldwide release. I'm highlighting that these are live trials and many are participating themselves without that knowledge. 

Didnt mean to sound like a smart ass too man with the reply re: flu is a coronavirus or vice versa, from a virology point of view they are definitely not the same. Influenza and coronavirus have a single strand of RNA as a compound, that's the only similarity. The influenza genome has 7 or 8 segments and coronavirus is one long strand.

Nae bother. I had read your post, and fwiw I don't trust the ****ers either, but we're sort of backed into a bit of a corner here.

I also know **** all about genomes, RNA, segments, or strands.

I could fit you a bathroom suite though.

5 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Decent comment to be fair.

Mine are in the fridge, need to move them when I get home

1 minute ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Nae bother. I had read your post, and fwiw I don't trust the ****ers either, but we're sort of backed into a bit of a corner here.

I also know **** all about genomes, RNA, segments, or strands.

I could fit you a bathroom suite though.

You always have a choice, these are not forced vaccinations..............yet

I'll get back to you about that bathroom though mate 👍

heartstastic

If any of you are on Telegram there are now countless groups of vaccine adverse reaction groups (you'll not see them getting reported on the likes of the bbc that's for sure) showing some horrific outcomes of these things. Some may be ok that have it but it is disengenious to say that these things are extremely safe..when there is significant mounting evidence to say there not.

Dennis Reynolds
30 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Tbf the headline once again seems to go completely against what was actually in the article.

What he said was that there may be an uptick in infections over the winter but nothing like last winter and we'll just have to live with it 

THIRD WAVE PREDICTED OVER WINTER 🙄 

The media do my nut in.

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic