Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

heartstastic
4 hours ago, Taffin said:

They're not mutually exclusive.

It is what I've struggled with thoughts, the 'why' people suddenly care when they didn't before. I put it down to people caring because it may effect them and people closer to home. Interestingly the people who now care throw out lines about people being selfish etc yet I've never heard a peep out of them before about folk dying from hunger. 

I think you have hit the nail on the head Taffin..especially on this island. The uk hasn't really seen anything that's upset it's way of life in decades,  mostly everyone has just been chugging along in on a diet of shite job, entertainment and mindless consumption...which has seen a rise in narcissistic traits imo. Now with the media pumping out 24/7 kung flu coverage (As an aside a real pandemic would not need a 24/7 advertising campaign for over a year to justify it..would it not be self evident?)

Most people have been led to believe that there now a danger to familys and neighbours and this has brought on a whole new level of virtue signalling that's quite astonishing to observe...it's happening with the vaccines too with lashing of Government propaganda on top telling the public how good they are for doing as there told...and some people now wearing it as a badge of honour as if there a superhero....when you look at the bigger picture of societal manipulation it's quite incredible to witness.

This is my view on it summed up pretty neatly here.

photo_2021-04-08_16-36-02.jpg

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

35 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Johnson and Johnson vaccine suspended in US, due to blood clot concerns. 

The fish is on just now. From Friday you can travel where you want and 6 people from 6 households can meet. I think the tier system will go and we will be treated as single coming out, 

You will be able to travel to rest of U.K. from 26th April. 4 nation approach will be taken to international travel.

She relatively optimistic in tone basically saying by the summer we should be back to normal and level 0 gone. Obviously the usual cautious messaging. 

So basically a load of shite. Hopefully the fake tier bollox is done away with too. 

Rupert Pupkin

Heard on the news regarding the Johnson and Johnson vaccine being suspended. 
6 cases of bloodclots, out 6.8 million doses.

JudyJudyJudy
31 minutes ago, Dazo said:

So basically a load of shite. Hopefully the fake tier bollox is done away with too. 

Exactly. Pretending to still be in control of restrictions when people have literally been ignoring those ones such as travel and meeting others outside and probably inside for months. But it all looks good publicity wise that she is seen to be " flexible" and thinking about our " mental and physical health".... 

On 12/04/2021 at 11:20, JamesM48 said:

We were talking about outside mainly and you were arguing they need to be worn outside . I said they didn’t . No one mentioned buses . Well in all my years without a mask and I travel on buses regularly I have never caught a cold or the flu . However you can wear one if you so wish . I find them claustrophobic as well as dehumanising and oppressive despite any potential health benefits ( which have never really been proven anyway) 

38 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Hi Lord BJ.  Funny you should ask that as I have my appointment this afternoon. I have woke up with blocked nose and feeling cold. ! But thats nothing new for me so Ill just soldier on and take it like a man ...the jab.    Yes I may as well get it as I already take quite strong meds anyway so whats the problem with some more ?  . As i had said last week I am more resistant to top ups of the jab in the future though but recognize they may become necessary.    Hopefully I wont have too much side effects  I get the yearly flu jab and I rarely have side effects from this.  Thanks for asking. 

:interehjrling:

Francis Albert

Pubs in England face fines or withdrawal of their licencees because of queues forming outside their premises.

Throughout the peak of the pandemic long queues outside banks, post offices, supermarkets, chemists etc were a feature of our and I guess most high streets. The Coronavirus  can presumably specifically target drinkers (even before they have had a drink).

The pandemic has been a huge opportunity for the morally superior and the lovers and abusers of any power that comes their way.

And what exactly are pub  licensees supposed to do.? Do they have any power to stop people standing on the pavement outside their premises.

Edited by Francis Albert

JudyJudyJudy
4 minutes ago, kila said:

:interehjrling:

Ok Dr KIldare....I often wake up with a blocked nose and it feels like a cold but it isnt. I feel fine now. Its one of the symptoms of having arthritis as it can affect ones chest so my chest can be blocked at night and make me feel shit in the morning. It isnt a cold or flu and like i said its cleared up as it always does.  And due to having arthritis I am far more prone to f to the cold  weather and feeling cold .   its been really cold the last week or so and this has affected my health . 

33 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

The fact they have opened travel up, really would make a mockery of the system. She referenced the fact the country would move through the stages of easing together. 

We’ll all move through stages together of it suits Glasgow not doubt. 

12 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Pubs in England face fines or withdrawal of their licencees because of queues forming outside their premises.

Throughout the peak of the pandemic long queues outside banks, post offices, supermarkets, chemists etc were a feature of our and I guess most high streets. The Coronavirus  can presumably specifically target drinkers (even before they have had a drink).

The pandemic has been a huge opportunity for the morally superior and the lovers and abusers of any power that comes their way.

And what exactly are pub  licensees supposed to do.? Do they have any power to stop people standing on the pavement outside their premises.

What, like, essentials?

Going to pub is not considered an essential compared to feeding, clothing, medication and so on.

A year on and still having this debate.

6 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

What, like, essentials?

Going to pub is not considered an essential compared to feeding, clothing, medication and so on.

People were using going to the supermarket as an excuse to get out the house, nothing essential about it. His point stands that it seems anything drink related is jumped upon while people can queue or cram into other shops as much as they want. 

Scottish numbers: 13 April 2021

Summary

• 221 new cases of COVID-19 reported [+22; down from 259 a week ago]
  • 15,354 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results – 1.6% of these were positive [+5,557; -0.8%]
  • 3 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive [+3]
  • 20 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 [-1]
  • 133 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 [-21]
  • 2,682,706* people have received the first dose of the Covid vaccination and 605,126* have received their second dose [+13,983; +14,952]

*Please note that today’s vaccination figures exclude data from GP systems on Sunday 11 April

JudyJudyJudy
20 minutes ago, heartstastic said:

This legislation was passed on 11 April in Ireland...this will come here too. Do you see what's happening yet...medical apartheid incoming.

https://www.gov.ie/en/collection/1f150-view-statutory-instruments-related-to-the-covid-19-pandemic/

photo_2021-04-13_13-40-39.jpg

Why would it matter a **** if you held a party and had non vaccinated people there and you were vaccinated? Its all to do with control.  THis would be impossible to enforce anyway 

3 minutes ago, Dazo said:

People were using going to the supermarket as an excuse to get out the house, nothing essential about it. His point stands that it seems anything drink related is jumped upon while people can queue or cram into other shops as much as they want. 

I honestly do feel hospitality has been shabbily treated.  

3 minutes ago, Dazo said:

No.

Shops are meant to be socially distancing.

And yes, with alcohol (and other vices) people do act differently, dependent in how much they have had.

heartstastic
5 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Why would it matter a **** if you held a party and had non vaccinated people there and you were vaccinated? Its all to do with control.  THis would be impossible to enforce anyway 

I honestly do feel hospitality has been shabbily treated.  

Not if everyone continues to use there phones and home listening devices...there's already examples of people being arrested for things that were picked up by listening devices in there own homes. The Scottish Government has passed a hate crime legislation bill allowing arrest in your own home for speech that can be subjectively interpreted as harmful too others. It's happening around the world and your right every single thing is about control. It's sad that many can't see it.

9 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

No.

And yes, with alcohol (and other vices) people do act differently, dependent in how much they have had.

You been to supermarkets or soon to be opened clothes shops ? 😂 Just like pubs and restaurants can be socially distanced too. Hospitality is being crippled with no justification imo. Unless it’s be proven otherwise I don’t see any more risk going out for your dinner with an alcoholic drink than going to the shops. Yes some people and business owners in the hospitality industry will spoil it but so will some people and business owners in the retail industry. 

Edited by Dazo

Posting trend stats in two parts today to avoid having too many "N/A"'s confusing the issue. First the council stats:

(7-day per-100,000 cases)   Pre-            
Council Area Tier Lockdown Today ... 8 Apr 7 Apr ... 1 Apr
Scotland   35 ... 42 43 ... 59
Clackmannanshire 4 3 87 ... 157 173 ... 233
North Lanarkshire 4 3 62 ... 75 74 ... 117
Renfrewshire 4 3 60 ... 70 75 ... 103
Glasgow City 4 3 59 ... 71 72 ... 81
West Lothian 4 3 53 ... 81 90 ... 129
Moray 4 1 48 ... 33 30 ... 56
Falkirk 4 2 47 ... 49 43 ... 90
Fife 4 3 45 ... 56 51 ... 42
East Renfrewshire 4 3 42 ... 42 39 ... 45
South Lanarkshire 4 3 42 ... 37 41 ... 62
Dundee City 4 3 38 ... 41 40 ... 64
Stirling 4 3 38 ... 52 51 ... 58
East Ayrshire 4 3 34 ... 56 61 ... 72
Aberdeen City 4 3 32 ... 22 24 ... 44
West Dunbartonshire 4 3 27 ... 26 28 ... 66
East Dunbartonshire 4 3 25 ... 38 38 ... 56
Perth & Kinross 4 3 21 ... 37 34 ... 36
Edinburgh City 4 3 20 ... 26 28 ... 50
Aberdeenshire 4 3 19 ... 25 23 ... 28
North Ayrshire 4 3 19 ... 20 24 ... 71
Inverclyde 4 2 18 ... 10 13 ... 21
East Lothian 4 3 16 ... 47 46 ... 37
Angus 4 2 13 ... 35 39 ... 42
Shetland Islands 3 1 13 ... 0 0 ... 9
South Ayrshire 4 3 12 ... 17 14 ... 19
Highland 4/3 1 10 ... 19 19 ... 7
Heart Of ... 4 3 9 ... 18 28 ... 57
Argyll & Bute 4/3 2 8 ... 9 8 ... 7
Dumfries & Galloway 4 1 3 ... 0 0 ... 5
Scottish Borders 4 1 3 ... 3 3 ... 11
Na h-Eileanan Siar 3 1 0 ... 0 0 ... 0
Orkney Islands 3 1 0 ... 0 0 ... 0

The Real Maroonblood
Just now, redjambo said:

Posting trend stats in two parts today to avoid having too many "N/A"'s confusing the issue. First the council stats:

(7-day per-100,000 cases)   Pre-            
Council Area Tier Lockdown Today ... 8 Apr 7 Apr ... 1 Apr
Scotland   35 ... 42 43 ... 59
Clackmannanshire 4 3 87 ... 157 173 ... 233
North Lanarkshire 4 3 62 ... 75 74 ... 117
Renfrewshire 4 3 60 ... 70 75 ... 103
Glasgow City 4 3 59 ... 71 72 ... 81
West Lothian 4 3 53 ... 81 90 ... 129
Moray 4 1 48 ... 33 30 ... 56
Falkirk 4 2 47 ... 49 43 ... 90
Fife 4 3 45 ... 56 51 ... 42
East Renfrewshire 4 3 42 ... 42 39 ... 45
South Lanarkshire 4 3 42 ... 37 41 ... 62
Dundee City 4 3 38 ... 41 40 ... 64
Stirling 4 3 38 ... 52 51 ... 58
East Ayrshire 4 3 34 ... 56 61 ... 72
Aberdeen City 4 3 32 ... 22 24 ... 44
West Dunbartonshire 4 3 27 ... 26 28 ... 66
East Dunbartonshire 4 3 25 ... 38 38 ... 56
Perth & Kinross 4 3 21 ... 37 34 ... 36
Edinburgh City 4 3 20 ... 26 28 ... 50
Aberdeenshire 4 3 19 ... 25 23 ... 28
North Ayrshire 4 3 19 ... 20 24 ... 71
Inverclyde 4 2 18 ... 10 13 ... 21
East Lothian 4 3 16 ... 47 46 ... 37
Angus 4 2 13 ... 35 39 ... 42
Shetland Islands 3 1 13 ... 0 0 ... 9
South Ayrshire 4 3 12 ... 17 14 ... 19
Highland 4/3 1 10 ... 19 19 ... 7
Heart Of ... 4 3 9 ... 18 28 ... 57
Argyll & Bute 4/3 2 8 ... 9 8 ... 7
Dumfries & Galloway 4 1 3 ... 0 0 ... 5
Scottish Borders 4 1 3 ... 3 3 ... 11
Na h-Eileanan Siar 3 1 0 ... 0 0 ... 0
Orkney Islands 3 1 0 ... 0 0 ... 0

👍

8 minutes ago, Dazo said:

You been to supermarkets or soon to be opened clothes shops ? 😂 Just like pubs and restaurants can be socially distanced too. Hospitality is being crippled with no justification imo. Unless it’s be proven otherwise I don’t see any more risk going out for your dinner with an alcoholic drink than going to the shops. Yes some people and business owners in the hospitality industry will spoil it but so will some people and business owners in the retail industry. 

Yep, and I agree in some of the supermarkets.  In fact, I use mostly Sainsbury at Cameton Toll and they took the mickey as soon as first lockdown ended (but social distancing still to be in place) but let all and sundry in until the second lockdown started again.

When first lockdown ended, as in England, we see the scenes.  After all the months of hospitality and pubs saying they will do everything, as much as some try (and some don't) they just can't, because alcohol does that.

And I absolutely agree re the meal and a drink too, but ultimately lines have to be drawn somewhere.

Edited by DETTY29

JudyJudyJudy
Just now, Lord BJ said:

@redjambo aka stat monkey nice to see the excel spreadsheet back. Numbers looking very good for Edinburgh. Lothian in general is looking in much improved position with East Lothian low and West Lothian improving. Is it missing Midlothian or do I need to put my glasses on?

Heart of  !!!

JudyJudyJudy
Just now, JamesM48 said:

Heart of  !!!

Red does that now and again to make sure we are paying attention.. ..ive been caught out a few times :) 

And the national stats:

Today Yesterday     11 Apr 10 Apr 9 Apr 8 Apr 7 Apr ... 1 Apr
Scotland (7-day per-100,000 cases)   35 35 0   36 38 40 42 43 ... 59

7-day averages                          
Tests     18949 18794 +155   19019 18769 18680 19123 19033 ... 21722
Positivity rate %     1.6 1.7 -0.1   1.7 1.8 1.9 2.0 2.0 ... 2.4
Deaths     3 2 +1   2 2 2 1 2 ... 5
All Vaccinations     35176 33892 +1284   31651 32056 31443 30974 36478 ... 49063
1st Dose     14984 14778 +206   14820 15376 15690 16501 18695 ... 29659
2nd Dose     20192 19114 +1078   16831 16680 15753 14473 17783 ... 19404

Daily data                          
Hospital (non-ICU)     113 133 -20   N/A N/A 148 153 171 ... 194
ICU     20 21 -1   N/A N/A 20 21 21 ... 21

4 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Yep, and I agree in some of the supermarkets.  In fact, I use mostly Sainsbury at Cameton Toll and they took the mickey as soon as first lockdown ended (but social distancing still to be in place) but let all and sundry in until the second lockdown started again.

When first lockdown ended, as in England, we see the scenes.  After all the months of hospitality and pubs saying they will do everything, as much as some try (and some don't) they just can't, because alcohol does that.

And I absolutely agree re the meal and a drink too, but ultimately lines have to be drawn somewhere.

Yep. I’d allow them to open and hammer them with fines or close them if they didn’t uphold the rules. Don’t allow the minority spoil it for the rest of us. Suppose it’s hard to police but if a few started getting closed down hopefully the vast majority would fall in line. 

1 minute ago, JamesM48 said:

Red does that now and again to make sure we are paying attention.. ..ive been caught out a few times :) 

You win today's Stat Monkey Name Switcheroo prize, James. Congrats from all here at Stat Monkey Central! :)

7 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

@redjambo aka stat monkey nice to see the excel spreadsheet back. Numbers looking very good for Edinburgh. Lothian in general is looking in much improved position with East Lothian low and West Lothian improving. Is it missing Midlothian or do I need to put my glasses on?

Scarp that got it, only shows partially 😂

Midlothian doing very well indeed, Lord BJ. Only a total of 8 infections reported over the last week. Superb stuff. :thumb:

The Real Maroonblood
15 minutes ago, Dazo said:

My local’s protocol was excellent.

Felt safer there than a supermarket.

They were visited occasionally by the council.

🍺🍷

29 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

No.

That's really not true.

Firstly, even in a supermarket you get no social distancing with wallopers jumping in to get the item rather than wait their turn.

The alcohol point is irrelevant.  We are talking about people being in a highly sanitised hospitality premise where you are masked up other than when sitting at your table.

Francis Albert
49 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

What, like, essentials?

Essentials? Like the mass totally uncotrolled queuing for the latest trainers we saw yesterday in London. Or outside Primarks everywhere for clothes that will be worn once or twice and thrown away?

Jambo-Jimbo

Breaking News.

Johnson & Johnson have decided to proactively delay the roll-out of their vaccine in Europe.

More to follow..............

18 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

🍺🍷

Yep same for me. Although I accept I’m sure plenty other places kicked the arse out of it. I just hate the way she treats not only that industry but the vast majority of people who use it. 

1 hour ago, heartstastic said:

I think you have hit the nail on the head Taffin..especially on this island. The uk hasn't really seen anything that's upset it's way of life in decades,  mostly everyone has just been chugging along in on a diet of shite job, entertainment and mindless consumption...which has seen a rise in narcissistic traits imo. Now with the media pumping out 24/7 kung flu coverage (As an aside a real pandemic would not need a 24/7 advertising campaign for over a year to justify it..would it not be self evident?)

Most people have been led to believe that there now a danger to familys and neighbours and this has brought on a whole new level of virtue signalling that's quite astonishing to observe...it's happening with the vaccines too with lashing of Government propaganda on top telling the public how good they are for doing as there told...and some people now wearing it as a badge of honour as if there a superhero....when you look at the bigger picture of societal manipulation it's quite incredible to witness.

This is my view on it summed up pretty neatly here.

photo_2021-04-08_16-36-02.jpg

Masking is an opportunity to wear a seatbelt for others - so that's wrong.

Vaccinations carry a small risk to the person taking them - but can confer protection both for that person and wider society - so it absolutely carries a utilitarian motive. Not fully altruistic since it obviously helps protect the individual who takes it, but the benefits go beyond that as I am sure you know. 

Is that really  your view or is it just a meme you swallowed whole because it made you feel superior to all those disgusting virtue signallers that you've probably not even encountered irl.

Incase anyone thinks we are entirely out of the woods, the situation in Brazil is now seeing more under-39s with no underlying health issues in the ICU. This could still go badly if we aren't careful: https://medicalxpress.com/news/2021-04-brazil-young-covid-patients-icus.html 

Konrad von Carstein
10 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Well known and opinionated ex pro footer player was in the work earlier.  No mask.  Daft *****.

No exactly a narrow field that description... :lol:

18 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Well known and opinionated ex pro footer player was in the work earlier.  No mask.  Daft *****.

Michael Stewart?

niblick1874

The grandfather had his Nasi minions telling millions to take a shower.

His ex President grandson is now telling billions to take a shot. Then there was his son.

His son became head of the CIA after he and others, including the likes of Cheney, quietly took control of China after his father had the Japanese and others destroy it. He then went on to became President so he and others were in place to make sure of as much control as posable. 

Three generations of psychopathic monstrous snake oil salesmen selling poison.  

Those that were brought up by those that went through the first world war and then went through the second world war themselves would have seen right through this.   

There is one country that is not being brought to it's knees. China.

Radio Ga Ga

As I understand it (please correct me if I’m wrong) the whole of Scotland is going to be placed in Tier 3, looking at Red’s figures, surely there are lots of areas that should be put into at least T2, some even T1 as the restrictions start to ease? Otherwise what is the point of the tier system that the SG designed if it’s not going to be utilised?

heartstastic
1 hour ago, Gizmo said:

Masking is an opportunity to wear a seatbelt for others - so that's wrong.

Vaccinations carry a small risk to the person taking them - but can confer protection both for that person and wider society - so it absolutely carries a utilitarian motive. Not fully altruistic since it obviously helps protect the individual who takes it, but the benefits go beyond that as I am sure you know. 

Is that really  your view or is it just a meme you swallowed whole because it made you feel superior to all those disgusting virtue signallers that you've probably not even encountered irl.

Incase anyone thinks we are entirely out of the woods, the situation in Brazil is now seeing more under-39s with no underlying health issues in the ICU. This could still go badly if we aren't careful: https://medicalxpress.com/news/2021-04-brazil-young-covid-patients-icus.html 

No Gizmo i just know something that i can gather from your posts that you don't. Which allows me to have never worn a mask 100% confident that am i of no risk to anyone and certainly don't need a needle stuck in my arm to protect others too. This requires some research and dedication many are not willing to put in. That's everyone's personal choice.

Some anecdotal information so make of it what you will. I've got a friend that;s in the music business and spends his time between Brazil and Ibiza...he's been in Brazil for months and says all the news about deaths at least in the major cities doesn't check out. He speaks to many native Brazilians and they all say the same....the media is the virus imo.

Francis Albert
18 minutes ago, niblick1874 said:

His ex President grandson is now telling billions to take a shot. Then there was his son.

His son became head of the CIA after he and others, including the likes of Cheney, quietly took control of China after his father had the Japanese and others destroy it. He then went on to became President so he and others were in place to make sure of as much control as posable. 

Those that were brought up by those that went through the first world war and then went through the second world war themselves would have seen right through this.   

Sorry there may be something earlier in the thread but who and what is this about?

The Real Maroonblood
20 minutes ago, niblick1874 said:

:trippin:

1 hour ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

🍺🍷

Coz ye were pished. :D

6 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Sorry there may be something earlier in the thread but who and what is this about?

Auld Joe, I think, FA. Nibs no taking his meds. 

17 minutes ago, Radio Ga Ga said:

As I understand it (please correct me if I’m wrong) the whole of Scotland is going to be placed in Tier 3, looking at Red’s figures, surely there are lots of areas that should be put into at least T2, some even T1 as the restrictions start to ease? Otherwise what is the point of the tier system that the SG designed if it’s not going to be utilised?

T2 and the Islands are T1.  T0 for the end of June. 

Edited by ri Alban

Radio Ga Ga
2 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

The principal is all areas move to tier 3 at end of April, they will then move down a tier at 3 weekly intervals, the tier system is being kept incase a region isn’t fit to move down a tier. The fact that the travel restrictions have been lifted, in reality we will come out as a single country. IMO that makes much more sense than a tiered approach.

Gotcha 🍻

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic