Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

Governor Tarkin
1 minute ago, Dazo said:

Absolutely, plenty shell suits already. I just don’t get the logic behind if restaurants are open you can’t have a drink. Those that kick the arse out of it are already do so at the meadows or various weekly house parties they attend. 

:spoton:

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

21 minutes ago, LMc said:

Heard a rumor this morning on a call that some restrictions meant to be lifted on the 26th are being brought forward to the 19th. A bit like what Wales did. No idea how correct that information is though and could just be someone at the wind up but I'll watch her statement today just incase!

Is it today as Holyrood reconvened as aren't these updates normally Tuesday.

Recognising rumour based.

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, DETTY29 said:

Tuesday 20th April was the date ear marked for the latest easing of restrictions. 

1 minute ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Tuesday 20th April was the date ear marked for the latest easing of restrictions. 

Assume you mean announcement date for actual easing on the 26th ? 

After initial hopes up based on the rumour I think it’s bollox. 

The Real Maroonblood
Just now, Dazo said:

Assume you mean announcement date for actual easing on the 26th ? 

After initial hopes up based on the rumour I think it’s bollox. 

Yes.

3 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

👍

A Boy Named Crow
10 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

No I won’t be wearing one in a street at all . I’ll have had the vaccine so I’ll have done my bit anyway . Like most others . Up to others if they want to wear masks outside on the street . We have to get used to not wearing them eventually . That should he the plan . Like being back to normal 

Just an observation on this,  in Asia wearing masks is the norm, and has been for years.  It's not because folk think you are a filthy germ ridden lowlife though, it's a form of good manners. It shows that you are protecting others. 

Like I said though,  just an observation.

Dennis Reynolds
30 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Ah I didn't know that! Maybe tommorow then instead? No idea really. I think they're in today for the Duke but doubt they'll announce anything else. 

JudyJudyJudy
7 hours ago, frankblack said:

That was the scientific opinion last year but isn't the case now.  Being outside dissipates the virus faster but if you are in close range to an infected person and neither of you wear a mask then you are vulnerable.

There was government TV adverts made showing this.

Well that’s all fine and dandy but like I said once I have had my vaccine I will only be wearing my mask in limited places . I certainly won’t even start wearing it outside . Since I haven’t worn it outside since the beginning of the pandemic and I seem to have been  ok why would I start ? It’s ludicrous 

4 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

I agree, James. Once you've had the vaccine, any fear about catching Covid subsides considerably.  We have to get used to not wearing them and the sooner people's confidence returns,  the sooner we get the economy booming again.  The danger is that people kow-tow to the scientists who, I am sure, will want winter mask wearing to become the norm. 

Yes it’s a psychological barrier more than a physical barrier . 

4 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Figures released this week suggested only 1 in 10k cases come from an infection outdoors. In addition, if you are vaccinated, you won't be susceptible anyway so mask wearing outdoors will really serve no purpose for the majority.  

Yes well researched 

3 hours ago, frankblack said:

I'm not sure that the vaccine makes you immune nor prevents transmissabililty.

The definition of "outdoors" needs clarification as in how close people will be to each other and for how long.

Still not wearing it 

1 hour ago, Lord BJ said:

Maybe thats part of the reason for their numbers being lowers than Scotland’s recently.🤷🏻‍♂️

Whilst, Scotland has been in a extended period of overall restrictions compared to England.

That said the home nations have more or less handled the pandemic the same. There has been a few tweaks around timings but thats about it. Thats not surprising considering the advice is coming from the same place. 

People arguing about the difference between Scotland and England difference are, pretty much without exception, political fanatics or trolls, who view life through a very narrow political lens.

The type best ignored, as their views are so prejudiced, due to their innate biases. That applies to all sides of the political spectrum. **** me there are  posters on this thread who talk about sides in discussions about a global pandemic that killed thousands of people. That tells you a lot about certain mindsets and what values they hold important 🤮

Yes it’s not a competition 

1 hour ago, Lord BJ said:

My missus cousin was due to get his jab at the weekend. He phoned up the vaccine centre or something and asked what vaccine he was due to get. He was told the Oxford AZ, he said he didn’t want it and could get another. They said yes and gave him a re-arranged appointment for alternative vaccine.

He lives in Motherwell or somewhere like that. He is over 50.

I get mine tomorrow . I wonder who I phone first to see which one I shall be offered ? 

48 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

I think the vaccine makes you as immune as you can be. Studies also show that transmission is cut by about 65% iirc. Apparently the UK is just short of full herd immunity, which is expected by autumn. That will end this thing to all intents and purposes. Obviously annual vaccinations will still be needed but I certainly don't think you will need to worry about mask wearing indoors or outdoors, come the autumn.

If people Want to continue wearing them that’s fine. Their decision. 

33 minutes ago, Mars plastic said:

There will be dafties wearing masks for the rest of their lives such is the level of fear that's been put into them. I've no idea how these people even manage to go over their front door.

Very well said . Mass compliance . 

40 minutes ago, Mars plastic said:

There will be dafties wearing masks for the rest of their lives such is the level of fear that's been put into them. I've no idea how these people even manage to go over their front door.

Don't come back moaning when its lockdown #3.

JudyJudyJudy
17 minutes ago, A Boy Named Crow said:

Just an observation on this,  in Asia wearing masks is the norm, and has been for years.  It's not because folk think you are a filthy germ ridden lowlife though, it's a form of good manners. It shows that you are protecting others. 

Like I said though,  just an observation.

Yes some of those peoples have been used to dictatorships and subjdecation  so easy to control and brainwash ,  not us in the U.K. Although that might have. Changed in red last year . 

JudyJudyJudy
Just now, frankblack said:

You need to be more positive . Your worried about the day you might never see . 

A Boy Named Crow
1 minute ago, JamesM48 said:

Yes some of those peoples have been used to dictatorships and subjdecation  so easy to control and brainwash ,  not us in the U.K. Although that might have. Changed in red last year . 

:notsure:

I'm going to leave you to it though.  I told myself I'd stay away from this thread...like a moth to the flame 

JudyJudyJudy
4 minutes ago, A Boy Named Crow said:

:notsure:

I'm going to leave you to it though.  I told myself I'd stay away from this thread...like a moth to the flame 

Thank you but it’s not an airport dear you don’t need to announce your departure 👍

10 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

You need to be more positive . Your worried about the day you might never see . 

Complacency got us into lockdown #2, and there are a lot of unknowns about the effectiveness of the vaccine.

I think another poster pointed out that there are clearly scenarios where I think facemasks should remain to be worn going forward.  Public transport being one. 

I used to drive to work until December 2018 but as soon as I got a new job where that wasn't possible and I had to use buses I never had so many colds.

How many times do you get on a bus and some clarty ******* sits in front/behind you and is coughing and sneezing away without covering their face?

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, frankblack said:

Complacency got us into lockdown #2, and there are a lot of unknowns about the effectiveness of the vaccine.

I think another poster pointed out that there are clearly scenarios where I think facemasks should remain to be worn going forward.  Public transport being one. 

I used to drive to work until December 2018 but as soon as I got a new job where that wasn't possible and I had to use buses I never had so many colds.

How many times do you get on a bus and some clarty ******* sits in front/behind you and is coughing and sneezing away without covering their face?

We were talking about outside mainly and you were arguing they need to be worn outside . I said they didn’t . No one mentioned buses . Well in all my years without a mask and I travel on buses regularly I have never caught a cold or the flu . However you can wear one if you so wish . I find them claustrophobic as well as dehumanising and oppressive despite any potential health benefits ( which have never really been proven anyway) 

Fxxx the SPFL
20 minutes ago, frankblack said:

IMO i personally don't see their being any more lockdowns FB basically the economy would be totally bust if not so already we will just have to learn to live with it as per the flu. Hopefully the vaccines are doing their job and we will all start to lives our lives normally again soon.

4 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

We were talking about outside mainly and you were arguing they need to be worn outside . I said they didn’t . No one mentioned buses . Well in all my years without a mask and I travel on buses regularly I have never caught a cold or the flu . However you can wear one if you so wish . I find them claustrophobic as well as dehumanising and oppressive despite any potential health benefits ( which have never really been proven anyway) 

My points above still stand for why they need to be worn when in busy places outside.

As another poster pointed out above, in the far east people wear face masks out of common courtesy and respect to look after each other.  Your attitude is basically that the pandemic is over and all is fine because you say so.

3 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

IMO i personally don't see their being any more lockdowns FB basically the economy would be totally bust if not so already we will just have to learn to live with it as per the flu. Hopefully the vaccines are doing their job and we will all start to lives our lives normally again soon.

People said that after Lockdown #1.

I'll certainly be keeping up my improved hand hygiene; sneezing in to my shoulder and so on.  If I really needed to go out and use public transport, be in shop and had a cold will put more consideration into keep wearing a mask.

JudyJudyJudy
16 minutes ago, frankblack said:

My points above still stand for why they need to be worn when in busy places outside.

As another poster pointed out above, in the far east people wear face masks out of common courtesy and respect to look after each other.  Your attitude is basically that the pandemic is over and all is fine because you say so.

Is That my attitude ? Wow thanks for sharing that ? I didn’t know that was my attitude when all I said was I won’t wear masks outside and never have . And you somehow make that assessment . So let me throw that back at you ? When will it be over ? No deaths for a continuous amount if days ? No hospital admissions ? No ICU ? It will never be over we just need to have the measured and rational response to it ie no more lockdowns . All the vulnerable , at risk have been vaccinated etc it is effectively I et however we still need to be cautious when we open up fully for a time but restrictions can’t go on forever despite some people craving or needing this level of state comfort and an abdication of any Personal responsibility . . It’s pretty sad really . Poor is the man whose pleasures are dependent on the permission of others . 

15 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Oh dear I know it’s Monday but you can’t be feeling that blue ? Deaths are in daily figures now , icu under 20 hospital admissions are under 200 . Be happy . We are getting there . I anticipate a few days of zero deaths and the other figures lowered . We might have our supreme leader Nicola throw us some more free on crumbs too apparently . Yea ha 

32 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

This made me laugh, you are never away from the doctor James yet you have never caught a cold :lol: 

JudyJudyJudy
6 minutes ago, cheetah said:

This made me laugh, you are never away from the doctor James yet you have never caught a cold :lol: 

True but had more serious issues than colds or flu no use going to Dr about these minor things is there ? There are already “ overwhelmed “ apparently . 

Mars plastic
51 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

The folk who pull them up over their faces when they see you walking towards them I find  fascinating. As for the folk that stop and step into the side when you walk past, deary me.  It's utterly tragic the society we've become.

Edited by Mars plastic

JudyJudyJudy
3 minutes ago, Mars plastic said:

The folk who pull them up over their faces when they see you walking towards them I find  fascinating. As for the folk that stop and step into the side when you walk past, deary me.  It's utterly tragic the society we've become.

I know . Very true . I wax walking on the pavement and a woman was walking towards me and moved very quickly out my way like I was a serial killer or something 😂 dafty . But it’s all very sad how people have now become so paranoid and intolerant of others . 

Governor Tarkin
23 minutes ago, Mars plastic said:

Don't worry, bud. The sweaty techno basements will be back before we know it. 

Governor Tarkin
21 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

I know . Very true . I wax walking on the pavement and a woman was walking towards me and moved very quickly out my way like I was a serial killer or something 😂 dafty . But it’s all very sad how people have now become so paranoid and intolerant of others . 

Maybe you look like a serial killer, James. 🤷‍♂️

Enzo Chiefo
1 hour ago, frankblack said:

There wasn't a vaccine after lockdown 1. Lockdowns are done, yesterday's blunt instrument and how effective they were is moot. Going forward, all adults will be vaccinated and the vast majority of the population will not be susceptible. As long as the main sources of infection , hospitals etc, have better infection control processes in place, the risk will be minimal. The fear of Covid has been far worse than the virus itself. There would be no justification nor

benefit, to even consider lockdown 3. Why would a vaccinated person even consider adhering to it?? so I think we can safely ditch any fears about lockdown 3.

Enzo Chiefo
35 minutes ago, Mars plastic said:

It is worrying how compliant and obsessive we have become. Some politicians and scientists will be reluctant to release the control they have over the population. 

Mars plastic
33 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Don't worry, bud. The sweaty techno basements will be back before we know it. 

Cant wait, big chap! Table already booked at the Ministry for Glitterbox in November.

JudyJudyJudy
35 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Maybe you look like a serial killer, James. 🤷‍♂️

Well some people think I look like Boris Johnson so he looks like a serial killer in my book ! 😂

Edited by JamesM48

Mars plastic
23 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

It is worrying how compliant and obsessive we have become. Some politicians and scientists will be reluctant to release the control they have over the population. 

It's all the folk who are ready for the pine suit who will be calling for masks to remain in place for as long as possible. Mines will be getting binned as soon as restrictions are lifted.

Nice to see Newcastle city centre bustling this morning. Makes a change from the ghost town it has been the last few months whilst walking to work.

Beer on the way home to look forward to, life is sweet 😊

JudyJudyJudy
31 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

There wasn't a vaccine after lockdown 1. Lockdowns are done, yesterday's blunt instrument and how effective they were is moot. Going forward, all adults will be vaccinated and the vast majority of the population will not be susceptible. As long as the main sources of infection , hospitals etc, have better infection control processes in place, the risk will be minimal. The fear of Covid has been far worse than the virus itself. There would be no justification nor

benefit, to even consider lockdown 3. Why would a vaccinated person even consider adhering to it?? so I think we can safely ditch any fears about lockdown 3.

Great post 

27 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Yeah it’s been an outstanding  social experiment in social compliance and fear mongering . Exemplary in fact . 

Just now, Mars plastic said:

It's all the folk who are ready for the pine suit who will be calling for masks to remain in place for as long as possible. Mines will be getting binned as soon as restrictions are lifted.

Same here . Even when I wear then in designated areas like buses etc I only do it for others . I don’t believe there is less risk to me wearing one . Ok maybe minuscule 

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, cheetah said:

Nice to see Newcastle city centre bustling this morning. Makes a change from the ghost town it has been the last few months whilst walking to work.

Beer on the way home to look forward to, life is sweet 😊

Yes I saw that on a friends snap chat . Looked very lively . He’s doon the toon working . Looks a sunny day too 

Just now, JamesM48 said:

Yes I saw that on a friends snap chat . Looked very lively . He’s doon the toon working . Looks a sunny day too 

its sunny but freezing, will have my drinking glove on later 😊

2 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

Thank you but it’s not an airport dear you don’t need to announce your departure 👍

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, JamesM48 said:

We were talking about outside mainly and you were arguing they need to be worn outside . I said they didn’t . No one mentioned buses . Well in all my years without a mask and I travel on buses regularly I have never caught a cold or the flu . However you can wear one if you so wish . I find them claustrophobic as well as dehumanising and oppressive despite any potential health benefits ( which have never really been proven anyway

https://www.pnas.org/content/118/4/e2014564118
https://www.acpjournals.org/doi/10.7326/m20-6817
https://bmjopen.bmj.com/content/5/4/e006577
https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/fullarticle/2776536
https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(20)31142-9/fulltext

JudyJudyJudy
2 minutes ago, cheetah said:

its sunny but freezing, will have my drinking glove on later 😊

Like Edinburgh then ! 

JudyJudyJudy
15 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

It’s in my dna to be a “ catty bitch “ some people Like it ! Like I says it’s not an airport really . I “ took “ a break the other week but didn’t announce it to all in sundry as no one gives a toss really . 

Dennis Reynolds
25 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Like Edinburgh then ! 

I've got the heating on with blaring sunshine outside 🤨 Wish it would make up it's mind!

Scottish numbers: 12 April 2021

Summary

• 199 new cases of COVID-19 reported [-51; down from 248 a week ago]
  • 9,797 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results – 2.4% of these were positive [-6,119; +0.6%]
  • 0 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive (noting that register offices are now generally closed on weekends) [=]
  • 21 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 [+1 from last reported on Friday]
  • 154 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 [-14 from last reported on Friday]
  • 2,668,723 people have received the first dose of the Covid vaccination and 590,174 have received their second dose [+11,145; +21,299]

Fxxx the SPFL
1 minute ago, redjambo said:

Summary

• 9,797 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results – 2.4% of these were positive [-6,119; +0.6%]
  • 0 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive (noting that register offices are now generally closed on weekends) [=]
  • 21 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 [+1 from last reported on Friday]
  • 154 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 [-14 from last reported on Friday]
  • 2,668,723 people have received the first dose of the Covid vaccination and 590,174 have received their second dose [+11,145; +21,299]

cheers Red hospital admissions still dropping ICU still stubborn and not much movement i'm sure over time they will gradually reduce as more are vaccinated 

Latest trend stats. All going well, we should have some council case stats tomorrow.

Today Yesterday     10 Apr 9 Apr 8 Apr 7 Apr 6 Apr ... 1 Apr
Scotland (7-day per-100,000 cases)   35 36 -1   38 40 42 43 48 ... 59

7-day averages                          
Tests     18794 19019 -225   18769 18680 19123 19033 19898 ... 21722
Positivity rate %     1.7 1.7 0.0   1.8 1.9 2.0 2.0 2.1 ... 2.4
Deaths     2 2 0   2 2 1 2 3 ... 5
All Vaccinations     33892 31651 +2241   32056 31443 30974 36478 38108 ... 49063
1st Dose     14778 14820 -42   15376 15690 16501 18695 20203 ... 29659
2nd Dose     19114 16831 +2283   16680 15753 14473 17783 17905 ... 19404

Daily data                          
Hospital (non-ICU)     133 N/A N/A   N/A 148 153 171 175 ... 194
ICU     21 N/A N/A   N/A 20 21 21 21 ... 21

The Real Maroonblood
Just now, redjambo said:

Latest trend stats. All going well, we should have some council case stats tomorrow.

Today Yesterday     10 Apr 9 Apr 8 Apr 7 Apr 6 Apr ... 1 Apr
Scotland (7-day per-100,000 cases)   35 36 -1   38 40 42 43 48 ... 59

7-day averages                          
Tests     18794 19019 -225   18769 18680 19123 19033 19898 ... 21722
Positivity rate %     1.7 1.7 0.0   1.8 1.9 2.0 2.0 2.1 ... 2.4
Deaths     2 2 0   2 2 1 2 3 ... 5
All Vaccinations     33892 31651 +2241   32056 31443 30974 36478 38108 ... 49063
1st Dose     14778 14820 -42   15376 15690 16501 18695 20203 ... 29659
2nd Dose     19114 16831 +2283   16680 15753 14473 17783 17905 ... 19404

Daily data                          
Hospital (non-ICU)     133 N/A N/A   N/A 148 153 171 175 ... 194
ICU     21 N/A N/A   N/A 20 21 21 21 ... 21

👍

7 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

cheers Red hospital admissions still dropping ICU still stubborn and not much movement i'm sure over time they will gradually reduce as more are vaccinated 

Indeed, FtS. It takes much longer, naturally, for people to come out of ICU. Hopefully the vaccinations will mean that those numbers are no longer replenished. Do note as well that, as far as I am aware, the ICU stat only covers folk who have been diagnosed with Covid and have been in ICU for 28 days or less, so that figure will also decrease when someone drops off the stats because they've now been in longer than that. There aren't many that that's happening to though - today's stats from the SG show that there are 9 confirmed COVID-19 patients in intensive care who have been in there longer than 28 days. The same "don't count after they have been there longer than 28 days" also applies to the figure of those in hospital with Covid.

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, LMc said:

I've got the heating on with blaring sunshine outside 🤨 Wish it would make up it's mind!

Tell me about it  Its still frozen. Still wearing my winter coat..

jambos are go!
21 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Lockdown is bringing down the numbers. We've yet to find out if the vaccine keeps it down. 

We'll find out very soon, this winter. 

You are a Cybernat with a closed mind and a single agenda - Independence. You focus on Lockdown rather than vaccines because the former can be largely  credited to the Holyrood whilst the vaccines have been largely credited to Westminster.   

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, redjambo said:

Summary

👍 numbers getting lower by the day. .Great. Apart from ICU  but thats understandable.

32 minutes ago, jambos are go! said:

You are a Cybernat with a closed mind and a single agenda - Independence. You focus on Lockdown rather than vaccines because the former can be largely  credited to the Holyrood whilst the vaccines have been largely credited to Westminster.   

Yet, you appear to be politicizing his reasonable, non-partisan post. Ironic, really, since we've not strayed that far from the joint approach except for adhering more closely to the JCVI recommendations. 

We have 2 examples thus far of vaccination programs + easing of lockdown. Israel's easing of restrictions has went well, Chile not so much. That suggests that timing from vaccination to unlock is critical: https://www.newstatesman.com/world/middle-east/2021/04/why-israel-doing-so-much-better-chile-coming-out-lockdown

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic