Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

JudyJudyJudy
11 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Didn't realise you were gay. It now makes sense what you were hinting at when you thought there was an underlying tone to our posts back when we were ribbing you about hating women. I just want to assure you that this was not the case, at least not on my part and apologise if that is how it came across. I have absolutely nothing against gay people. I may disagree with a lot of your posts when it comes to this thread, however it is not based on any sort of prejudice.

I think yearly jags are almost a certainty. It will probably be like the flu ones where it get's tweaked slightly each year.

No bother. Yes it probably makes more sense about that issue but it wasn't as much yourself it was another poster who was going on about. He seems to have disappeared off this thread ?  I had made several comments about newscasters who just happened to be female and also about Nicola who is obviously female too and suddenly i was a woman hater.  I have been critical of men as much ( Leitch, Johnson  et al ) On reflection I was probably a bit over sensitive about it. No need to apologise   as I didn't perceive you like that. But thanks anyway.  Yes I suppose it will be a yearly jag just like the flu which Ive had for a long time and it most be highly effective as I haven't had the flu since I had the jab in over 20 years of taking it.  Lets hope the CV jab is as effective.  👍

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

JudyJudyJudy
17 minutes ago, redjambo said:

It's only one of your pet hates so it's "is" (the verb relates to the pet hate, not the people). My pleasure. ;)

:) whats the correct way to say " piss off ? "  :) 

16 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Surely there's room for another exception - people using "of" instead of "have".  :seething: 

or "how" instead of "why?

7 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

:) whats the correct way to say " piss off ? "  :)

"Begone, mechanical salt-butter rogue!"

13 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

No bother. Yes it probably makes more sense about that issue but it wasn't as much yourself it was another poster who was going on about. He seems to have disappeared off this thread ?  I had made several comments about newscasters who just happened to be female and also about Nicola who is obviously female too and suddenly i was a woman hater.  I have been critical of men as much ( Leitch, Johnson  et al ) On reflection I was probably a bit over sensitive about it. No need to apologise   as I didn't perceive you like that. But thanks anyway.  Yes I suppose it will be a yearly jag just like the flu which Ive had for a long time and it most be highly effective as I haven't had the flu since I had the jab in over 20 years of taking it.  Lets hope the CV jab is as effective.  👍

👍

JudyJudyJudy

Being on this thread reminds me of being back at school....remember when there was rumours of a " paguer " ( think thats how it was maybe spelt but Red may be able to help with this :) ) then were told it was after school and the location ?  well same here...get over to The Terrace its on meltdown........  

4 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I lost my mum but she was 95 and in a care home.

I've lost 2 elderly costomers, one aged 94 who was put into a care home and another I've just found out about, who had a fall a month ago and ended up in hospital where he got covid and died. He was 89.

Being old and in institutions and you're doomed it seems

You raise a point that affects me. I am lonely and basically tired of cooking cleaning and shopping. My alternative is to go into what is referred to as an assisted living facility. Cleaners , meals company, and social activities,  but that is just not me, Covid has now raised as you comment because of the closeness the passing of the Virus, and full care homes have been one of the areas most affected by Covid. Of course the availability now of vaccines has caused a period of positivity, but the news today is that locally there are a 1000 new cases reported, thats as many as we have had in such a short time since the beginning. I suspect that having the vaccine is making persons who have and have not had it less observing of the masks, distancing etc. So my decision for this morning, the afternoon it may change ,is stay where I am, the last thing I need is to be around a bunch of old people at any time, but now is even worse.

scott herbertson
43 minutes ago, Sharpie said:

You raise a point that affects me. I am lonely and basically tired of cooking cleaning and shopping. My alternative is to go into what is referred to as an assisted living facility. Cleaners , meals company, and social activities,  but that is just not me, Covid has now raised as you comment because of the closeness the passing of the Virus, and full care homes have been one of the areas most affected by Covid. Of course the availability now of vaccines has caused a period of positivity, but the news today is that locally there are a 1000 new cases reported, thats as many as we have had in such a short time since the beginning. I suspect that having the vaccine is making persons who have and have not had it less observing of the masks, distancing etc. So my decision for this morning, the afternoon it may change ,is stay where I am, the last thing I need is to be around a bunch of old people at any time, but now is even worse.

It's a tough one Bob which we all face as we grow older. Currently my in laws are facing these choices and I'm under no illusions it's me next!

My wife is currently doing some shifts in care homes and I've see a few first hand myself.

My preference will be to delay the moment as long as possible. If I can. I'll pay for some hep at home first to delay the evil moment. Would it be cheaper to have someone come in regularly to cook and clean for example?

Jambo-Jimbo
3 hours ago, redjambo said:

I suspect that we probably will, since Covid will very possibly mutate to a similar extent than flu, but it won't be any bother to me personally to have a Covid jab as well as a flu jab every year. There may be a great deal more people who get the Covid jab annually than currently get the flu jab though, which could cause logistical issues, at least at first.

This may sound trite but I'm glad for you that you didn't have HIV, James. It must have been a worrying time. You're right though also in that we tend to forget the scourge it was for IV drug users.

Yeh, I can't see covid going away anytime soon, probably never.

I have two arms, put the flu jab in one and the covid jab in the other, who knows maybe in 10 years time the flu & covid jab will be in the same syringe.

Just something else we'll have to get used to imo.

1 hour ago, Footballfirst said:

@redjambo  Just when you think that it's just Scotland that has its problems with stats.

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/whats-new#removal_of_cases_incorrectly_reported_by_laboratory

:D That page is a sort of Room 101 for statisticians and data analysts. I'd rather have the rats.

1 hour ago, JamesM48 said:

Being on this thread reminds me of being back at school....remember when there was rumours of a " paguer " ( think thats how it was maybe spelt but Red may be able to help with this :) ) then were told it was after school and the location ?  well same here...get over to The Terrace its on meltdown........  

It was a pagger, but far more often voiced than written. :)

https://www.scotslanguage.com/articles/view/id/4570

One area of language that is very scantily covered in the Scottish National Dictionary (SND) is the language of Scottish Gypsies and Travellers which has passed into mainstream Scots usage. This was largely due to the paucity of information from these groups during the compilation of SND. With the revision of the Concise Scots Dictionary, due for publication in 2016, the editors are trying to address at least some of these omissions.

The precise date when ‘pagger’ meaning ‘a fight’ or ‘to fight’ passed into general usage is unclear but it seems to be strongly connected to the Edinburgh area. It is possibly derived from Romany ‘poggra’ ‘to break’ or ‘pagard’ meaning ‘breathless’. Heirich Gottlieb Grellman in his 1787 ‘Dissertation on the Gipsies  collected the form ‘Pàkjum’ ‘to break’ from continental gipsies which is possibly the same word.

It is still very much in current usage as illustrated by the following example from the Daily Record of 2nd March 2015 which is discussing the drinking habits of a minority of Hibernian football fans: “The reality is that the drink has nothing to do with whether people want a pagger, it’s the mentality of a small number of fans before they even have a tipple in the first place.” The verb is neatly illustrated by Robert McNeil when he writes about the ten plagues of Egypt and the flight of the Israelites in the Scotsman of 2nd February 2006: “The Israelites had actually been armed, and it’s possible they turned round to pagger the charioteers, though you’d have thought Exodus would have made the most of this, instead of depicting Moses’s mob as a bunch of saps saved by a dividing sea.”

In the Word Collection of Scottish Language Dictionaries the earliest example comes from Traveller author Betsy Whyte in her autobiographical The Yellow on the Broom first published in 1979: “She had been told that he was being held on suspicion of having given Johnnie Whyte a paggering. Johnnie was lying in Perth Infirmary unconscious, not expected to live.”

Scots Word of the Week is written by Pauline Cairns Speitel of Scottish Language 

Edited by redjambo

JudyJudyJudy
15 minutes ago, redjambo said:

It was a pagger, but far more often voiced than written. :)

https://www.scotslanguage.com/articles/view/id/4570

One area of language that is very scantily covered in the Scottish National Dictionary (SND) is the language of Scottish Gypsies and Travellers which has passed into mainstream Scots usage. This was largely due to the paucity of information from these groups during the compilation of SND. With the revision of the Concise Scots Dictionary, due for publication in 2016, the editors are trying to address at least some of these omissions.

The precise date when ‘pagger’ meaning ‘a fight’ or ‘to fight’ passed into general usage is unclear but it seems to be strongly connected to the Edinburgh area. It is possibly derived from Romany ‘poggra’ ‘to break’ or ‘pagard’ meaning ‘breathless’. Heirich Gottlieb Grellman in his 1787 ‘Dissertation on the Gipsies  collected the form ‘Pàkjum’ ‘to break’ from continental gipsies which is possibly the same word.

It is still very much in current usage as illustrated by the following example from the Daily Record of 2nd March 2015 which is discussing the drinking habits of a minority of Hibernian football fans: “The reality is that the drink has nothing to do with whether people want a pagger, it’s the mentality of a small number of fans before they even have a tipple in the first place.” The verb is neatly illustrated by Robert McNeil when he writes about the ten plagues of Egypt and the flight of the Israelites in the Scotsman of 2nd February 2006: “The Israelites had actually been armed, and it’s possible they turned round to pagger the charioteers, though you’d have thought Exodus would have made the most of this, instead of depicting Moses’s mob as a bunch of saps saved by a dividing sea.”

In the Word Collection of Scottish Language Dictionaries the earliest example comes from Traveller author Betsy Whyte in her autobiographical The Yellow on the Broom first published in 1979: “She had been told that he was being held on suspicion of having given Johnnie Whyte a paggering. Johnnie was lying in Perth Infirmary unconscious, not expected to live.”

Scots Word of the Week is written by Pauline Cairns Speitel of Scottish Language 

Well researched . Brilliant read. Thanks  . I love the Scottish language esp slang and colliquial words . Not wanting to Derail the thread but might get a “ doo in “ if I do ( another great word )  😂 ps love “glaikit “ too 

Enzo Chiefo
4 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

It's a form of lockdown I'd gladly take to be able to live in normality in Scotland while tweaked vaccines are developed. 

Yes, fair comment 

Enzo Chiefo
5 hours ago, redjambo said:

On a 7-day average basis, positivity rate, ICU bed occupancy and deaths were all static today, but these plateaux are to be expected and I'm surprised that we haven't had more of them as part of the longer-term downwards trend in these indicators. Looking good at the moment anyway, imo, as we progress out of this, Enzo. We just have to ensure that we keep the cap on any potential case spikes around the country, and that's becoming easier to do the more the vaccination efforts continue and the lower the cases themselves drop. :thumb:

Yes, sounds positive Red.👍

1 hour ago, scott herbertson said:

It's a tough one Bob which we all face as we grow older. Currently my in laws are facing these choices and I'm under no illusions it's me next!

My wife is currently doing some shifts in care homes and I've see a few first hand myself.

My preference will be to delay the moment as long as possible. If I can. I'll pay for some hep at home first to delay the evil moment. Would it be cheaper to have someone come in regularly to cook and clean for example?

Its not really the cost, I am a bit independent, and as long as I can do it would opt to do so. I have a doctors appointment, on Tuesday, covid style by phone to give me the results of some blood tests, I am sure I will have a high sugar count not having my 60 year keeper to control my cookies, candy and ice cream addictions, but whatever will be will be. The one thing I have gained is a respect for the end, to me its been like a bus tour, seen all the sights, ate all the meals, enjoyed the ride, saw league wins, Cup wins and some great players,had an excellent partner, but like all good things it comes to an end, no complaints from here.

scott herbertson
4 minutes ago, Sharpie said:

Its not really the cost, I am a bit independent, and as long as I can do it would opt to do so. I have a doctors appointment, on Tuesday, covid style by phone to give me the results of some blood tests, I am sure I will have a high sugar count not having my 60 year keeper to control my cookies, candy and ice cream addictions, but whatever will be will be. The one thing I have gained is a respect for the end, to me its been like a bus tour, seen all the sights, ate all the meals, enjoyed the ride, saw league wins, Cup wins and some great players,had an excellent partner, but like all good things it comes to an end, no complaints from here.

Good luck with your appointment Bob

I have always shared that outlook

Goes back to a saying I read from a Chinese writer called Lin Yutang

to paraphrase "I've seen the show and enjoyed it, when the curtain comes down I'll be ready to applaud and give up my seat"

JudyJudyJudy
13 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

Good luck with your appointment Bob

I have always shared that outlook

Goes back to a saying I read from a Chinese writer called Lin Yutang

to paraphrase "I've seen the show and enjoyed it, when the curtain comes down I'll be ready to applaud and give up my seat"

👍

JudyJudyJudy
2 hours ago, Sharpie said:

My 80 yo friend really misses his Tuesday lunch club he was initially reluctant to go to as he’s very independent but thoroughly enjoyed it. It’s been another victim of covid .  Would you consider things like this ? It may help with feelings of loneliness and isolation ? 

Nucky Thompson
3 hours ago, Sharpie said:

Stay in your own home as long as you can Bob.

I can imagine loneliness being a terrible thing though, as I come from a big family and have always had lots of people around me.

Governor Tarkin
5 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I come from a big family and have always had lots of people around me.

Nae mates, but. :jj: 

Governor Tarkin
11 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Shut it you :biggrin2:

Sorry, but you've not been popular since Fowler Stringfellow's shut down, and even then I'm going on hearsay. :D

Not long 'till you'll be zipping down the A1 now though bud. 👍

:pleasing:

Edited by Governor Tarkin

Nucky Thompson
4 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Sorry, but you've not been popular since Fowler Stringfellow's shut down, and even then I'm going on hearsay. :D

Not long 'till you'll be zipping down the A1 now though bud. 👍

:pleasing:

Folwer Stringfellows was the place to be seen in during the early '90's.  Invitation only off course :biggrin2:

Canny wait for a change of scenery :thumbsup:

Governor Tarkin
Just now, Nucky Thompson said:

Canny wait for a change of scenery :thumbsup:

**** aye.

I've booked a long weekender up north for early May. Can't wait.

I'm like a tightly coiled spring. :D

10 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

I’ve only known two people who had it . Both late 20s . Both were fine . Don’t know anyone who been in hospital or died of it . Don’t know anyone who knows anyone who has been in hospital or has died of it 

Yes I’d agree but be careful saying there on this you might get referred to as a “ nutcase “ that’s the level of discourse on this from our resident epidemiologist now it seems . 

Yes I read the related tweets to her dramatic tweet . She really needs to take a break from Twitter . 

Sorry to hear that you know a few people who have had it but the point was that most people don’t know many who have to be honest . 

about 20 in our office have been confirmed and have a friend/colleague who now has long covid - heart and lung scar tissue, blood clots the lot.  Nasty disease it is.

2 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

My 80 yo friend really misses his Tuesday lunch club he was initially reluctant to go to as he’s very independent but thoroughly enjoyed it. It’s been another victim of covid .  Would you consider things like this ? It may help with feelings of loneliness and isolation ? 

Oh I didn't withdraw from society I went and joined a few groups, one seniors centre I was going to take a computer course, a walking group, but they all went south when Covid got really rampant and have not got back yet,I have just got all the misfortunes of life at the same time, the loss of a partner is major, but when you include the subject of this thread  it becomes compounded,  even going out for a meal is considered dangerous, and is not pleasant when distances are enforced, I am certainly not alone, there are many like me and we would all love to be aiding each other but that is where this Virus is so different it invades and causes us all to be apart and unable to really support each other. One just has to accept, life giveth and life taketh away, so kcuf it backwards.😆

8 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

My old boy is end his late 60’s and went to RHS when it first opened up, they said they could give him the jab as he needs to use a epi pen. They said he would be vaccinated in hospital setting in next 7 days.

He has not received anything yet has spoken to help line, GP’s, filled in forms, etc etc still no closer to getting done. He pretty amped up for a variety of reasons not least he still works and has a ridiculous amount of people contact. 

The vaccine rollout is a huge programme to went amazingly well. UNfortunately some people fall between the crack my father and father in law being prime example. We need to get better at sweeping up the people who are falling in to the cracks.

This is the problem with the ‘vaccinate as many as you can as quickly as you can’ it turns into a political numbers game. It’s like riding a very busy banana boat at Benidorm. Everybody wants on it. It goes fast. People fall off. They get picked up when the ride is finished.  People who need a hospital setting need to be referred to RIDU by their GP. Just like any other referral for a hospital procedure it’s supply vs demand and it generally takes its own sweet time. They are no longer part of the mass vaccination programme in reality. ‘Mass’ in this scenario means as many as possible irrespective of need. As you hinted, they will sweep up all the stragglers but they will have to pause this headlong rush to hit a date they’ve been pressured to hit.

Edited by JimmyCant

59 minutes ago, Gards said:

about 20 in our office have been confirmed and have a friend/colleague who now has long covid - heart and lung scar tissue, blood clots the lot.  Nasty disease it is.

Doesn’t sound like a very safe office to be working in. I’d have been staying away after 3 caught it.

manaliveits105

Boris looking forward to going to pub in a few days - good lad 

Nippy is staying in with French fancy 

8 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

Doesn’t sound like a very safe office to be working in. I’d have been staying away after 3 caught it.

It’s while we’ve been working from home.  Just highlighting the posts from folks who are saying they don’t know many who have had it.

Enzo Chiefo

First 0.5m doses of the Moderna vaccine arriving in the UK shortly.  First doses expected to be administered to under 50s, within 3 weeks. More good news.

Footballfirst
57 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

First 0.5m doses of the Moderna vaccine arriving in the UK shortly.  First doses expected to be administered to under 50s, within 3 weeks. More good news.

The original forecast delivery schedule, published in January, had Scotland receiving weekly supplies of 4,145 Moderna vaccines a week from 5 April, increasing to 13,264 a week from 2 May.  It's a welcome addition but not a game changing one.

It will probably take until the Autumn before supplies of multiple vaccines are more readily available, e.g. production of the Valneva vaccine in Livingston has already started, even although the trials are ongoing, because the company is making a calculated gamble that its efficacy will be good enough.  Those trials are not expected to report before the end of next month, with further trials planned after that, then it will have to go through the approvals process

Edited by Footballfirst

My dad got his 2nd dose yesterday.

At his GP instead of local town hall as with his first jag.

Nearly 83, driving.  Hang on for 15 minutes.  Nah, GP (not nurse) 'that's you done dusted, out you go, next'

Enzo Chiefo
17 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

The original forecast delivery schedule, published in January, had Scotland receiving weekly supplies of 4,145 Moderna vaccines a week from 5 April, increasing to 13,264 a week from 2 May.  It's a welcome addition but not a game changing one.

It will probably take until the Autumn before supplies of multiple vaccines are more readily available, e.g. production of the Valneva vaccine in Livingston has already started, even although the trials are ongoing, because the company is making a calculated gamble that its efficacy will be good enough.  Those trials are not expected to report before the end of next month, with further trials planned after that, then it will have to go through the approvals process

Yes, but it all helps. But, as far as opening the country up again and getting life back to normal goes, vaccinating the over 50s is the game changer. We have enough supplies in the UK already, ring fenced to give 2 doses to that group. The younger age groups will follow but the first 9 groups are the real priority.

37 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Nearly 83, driving.  Hang on for 15 minutes.  Nah, GP (not nurse) 'that's you done dusted, out you go, next'

my boss and others i work with all were in and out in 5-6 mins. one person said he lined up gave his details walked to the next station (when told to) got the jag then left. no sitting or waiting about. very efficient

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, DETTY29 said:

👍

What was the timescale from his first jag?

JudyJudyJudy
12 hours ago, Gards said:

Sounds like your office is a hotspot.  Yes we all agree its a nasty disease but the initial discussion was about how transmittable it really is?  

12 hours ago, Sharpie said:

Oh I didn't withdraw from society I went and joined a few groups, one seniors centre I was going to take a computer course, a walking group, but they all went south when Covid got really rampant and have not got back yet,I have just got all the misfortunes of life at the same time, the loss of a partner is major, but when you include the subject of this thread  it becomes compounded,  even going out for a meal is considered dangerous, and is not pleasant when distances are enforced, I am certainly not alone, there are many like me and we would all love to be aiding each other but that is where this Virus is so different it invades and causes us all to be apart and unable to really support each other. One just has to accept, life giveth and life taketh away, so kcuf it backwards.😆

OH well as long as your getting along  and seem to be managing 

12 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

This is the problem with the ‘vaccinate as many as you can as quickly as you can’ it turns into a political numbers game. It’s like riding a very busy banana boat at Benidorm. Everybody wants on it. It goes fast. People fall off. They get picked up when the ride is finished.  People who need a hospital setting need to be referred to RIDU by their GP. Just like any other referral for a hospital procedure it’s supply vs demand and it generally takes its own sweet time. They are no longer part of the mass vaccination programme in reality. ‘Mass’ in this scenario means as many as possible irrespective of need. As you hinted, they will sweep up all the stragglers but they will have to pause this headlong rush to hit a date they’ve been pressured to hit.

The issue about the vaccine delivery was that its been so random at times. 30 years olds getting the jab while 50 years plus with underlying health conditions still waiting.  Thats been  an ongoing issue. 

2 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Yes apparently its the most effective one too ?

36 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

my boss and others i work with all were in and out in 5-6 mins. one person said he lined up gave his details walked to the next station (when told to) got the jag then left. no sitting or waiting about. very efficient

Very efficient . I still think my outre idea i suggested at the beginning should have been green lighted.  Thousands of walk in centres where anyone just went in and got the jab instead of this beauriaucratic nightmare it has been at times. OPen them 24 hours a day, give your details etc then its all added to the database who has been jabbed.  Families help to take their elders when it suits them etc. 

22 minutes ago, Barack said:

Under 40-49's might be on for the Moderna jab then.

Good. I prefer my jabs more exotic sounding.

Isnt the astro whatever the second name more exotic ? :) 

5 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

👍

What was the timescale from his first jag?

Gave him 5 mins or so rest period.

Different approach in DG to Lothian by looks of it.

The Real Maroonblood
3 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Gave him 5 mins or so rest period.

Different approach in DG to Lothian by looks of it.

I was meaning when was his firs jag.

44 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

If you aren't driving NHS Lothian are happy for you to leave straight after your jab if you are feeling OK.

If driving, certainly where I am helping you are asked to take a seat for c.15 mins.

Outside if drivers, apart from week 1 until we sorted put processes I'd say pretty much the vast majority are registered, vaccines and out in that few minutes timescale.

Just now, The Real Maroonblood said:

I was meaning when was his firs jag.

Yep with his first he got a quick rest period (by a nurse), 2nd Dr. couldn't get him out quick enough.

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, DETTY29 said:

Yep with his first he got a quick rest period (by a nurse), 2nd Dr. couldn't get him out quick enough.

I’ll try again.

What date was his first jag?

The Real Maroonblood
Just now, DETTY29 said:

Sorry.

9 weeks and 1 day.

Thanks.
Hearts results taking its toll on you?

:lol:

11 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

30 years olds getting the jab while 50 years plus with underlying health conditions still waiting.  Thats been  an ongoing issue. 

30 year olds in general are not getting the jab just now. Unless they have underlying conditions or because of the nature of their work. Yes there will be the odd few who have beaten the system or been dragged off the street or know someone in a vaccination centre or been given an appointment in error but the overwhelming majority of 30 year olds are waiting in line like everyone else. They have not been issued en masse appointments and won’t be until their group comes on stream. Lothian is currently doing the 50-55 age group and will be finished those by mid April as per target. Then it’s down to the supply issues bearing in mind the second vaccs for older age groups are due to start soon.

JudyJudyJudy
9 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

I’ll try again.

What date was his first jag?

:)😃

JudyJudyJudy
4 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

30 year olds in general are not getting the jab just now. Unless they have underlying conditions or because of the nature of their work. Yes there will be the odd few who have beaten the system or been dragged off the street or know someone in a vaccination centre or been given an appointment in error but the overwhelming majority of 30 year olds are waiting in line like everyone else. They have not been issued en masse appointments and won’t be until their group comes on stream. Lothian is currently doing the 50-55 age group and will be finished those by mid April as per target. Then it’s down to the supply issues bearing in mind the second vaccs for older age groups are due to start soon.

ok

1 hour ago, Barack said:

Under 40-49's might be on for the Moderna jab then.

Good. I prefer my jabs more exotic sounding.

The modern way. All style and no substance. ;)

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic