Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

JudyJudyJudy
34 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

The WHO guidelines look like the criteria that will be used.

image.png.720f43f4467922d53ea899b78b9c14d7.png

Someone earlier said that even at level. Zero there will still be restrictions . 

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Real Maroonblood
13 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

So. Went back to work Monday after 10 days isolation. Out for a walk with the dog this avvy. Phone pings. Test and trace app. Was in close contact with a positive case Thursday. Another 10 days isolation 

To think I thought 2021 had to be better than last year 

That’s brutal.

I hope your luck changes soon.

JudyJudyJudy

Very surprised at the bbc Scotland news reporting of the Rangers “ celebrations “  . Completely down playing it . 

Just now, JamesM48 said:

Very surprised at the bbc Scotland news reporting of the Rangers “ celebrations “. Completely down playing it . 

Don't play it if it makes you that sad, James.

I wonder how easy it will be to identify any cases arising out of those gatherings.  It might be that those in attendance wont readily divulge they were there.  The whole thing could actually have a benefit for the experts to evaluate how much transmission has occurred from it.  If it's found to be of little consequence,  maybe it could even inform future decisions about outdoor gathering. 

JudyJudyJudy
4 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Don't play it if it makes you that sad, James.

It took me a while to work that out !! 😀

Just now, JamesM48 said:

It took me a while to work that out !! 😀

:D

Thank you, thank you. You've been a lovely audience. I'll be here all year.

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, redjambo said:

:D

Thank you, thank you. You've been a lovely audience. I'll be here all year.

😂😂😂 well it made me laugh eventually 

gashauskis9
1 hour ago, kila said:

Police leading the march :facepalm:

The unionists will be loving this coverage of Scotland! Shame it's meant to just be a fecking football game.

The whole thing is seriously making my blood boil.  Was bad enough yesterday to see their players encouraging it, but to see thousands of them march through Glasgow today takes it to another level.  Guarantee, if a couple of hundred Hearts fans showed up outside Tynie at the end of the season, you wouldn’t hear the ****ing end of it.  

3 minutes ago, Barack said:

Maybe a maths whizz can work out the probability of it?

What are Greater Glasgow's numbers per 100k. How many were there, today. Infection rate as a UK whole. If it's possible to do, I'd personally think it would be a 0.000% type number.

If the SG thinks it'll affect the un-locking. Then that side of the Country stays in a higher tier for the time being. I'm not enamoured by the optics of today. But I can't recall Leeds' & Liverpool's case rates publicly being called out as contributing factors to their rises last year. 

Probably greatly depends on how likely it is to identify cases to that type of gathering.  I think that might be quite hard tbh.  I wouldn't expect too much damage come what may.  It's outside.  Prevalence is lowish.

JudyJudyJudy
7 minutes ago, Barack said:

Maybe a maths whizz can work out the probability of it?

What are Greater Glasgow's numbers per 100k. How many were there, today. Infection rate as a UK whole. If it's possible to do, I'd personally think it would be a 0.000% type number.

If the SG thinks it'll affect the un-locking. Then that side of the Country stays in a higher tier for the time being. I'm not enamoured by the optics of today. But I can't recall Leeds' & Liverpool's case rates publicly being called out as contributing factors to their rises last year. 

I think there have been various events/ demos / illegal gatherings  which happened in lockdowns which did not contribute to any meaningful spikes in Those areas 

The Real Maroonblood
4 minutes ago, gashauskis9 said:

The whole thing is seriously making my blood boil.  Was bad enough yesterday to see their players encouraging it, but to see thousands of them march through Glasgow today takes it to another level.  Guarantee, if a couple of hundred Hearts fans showed up outside Tynie at the end of the season, you wouldn’t hear the ****ing end of it.  

:spoton:

Nookie Bear
41 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

So. Went back to work Monday after 10 days isolation. Out for a walk with the dog this avvy. Phone pings. Test and trace app. Was in close contact with a positive case Thursday. Another 10 days isolation 

I genuinely wouldn’t bother. 

Keep yourself to yourself, minimise going out, but locking yourself away for 10 day? Nah, I’m not up for that anymore 👍🏻

30 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Jesus what’s the odd of that ! Hopefully you’ll be fine 

I was pretty ill last time. Hopefully not this. Hard to say if I have symptoms as haven’t really recovered from last time

2 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

I genuinely wouldn’t bother. 

Keep yourself to yourself, minimise going out, but locking yourself away for 10 day? Nah, I’m not up for that anymore 👍🏻

Probably how this has happened again. Someone else who didn’t bother.

I’ve had it and I wouldn’t wish it on a Hibs fan

Edited by Jamhammer

JudyJudyJudy
2 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

I was pretty ill last time. Hopefully not this. Hard to say if I have symptoms as haven’t really recovered from last time

Sorry to hear this . Hope you will be ok 👍 

Nookie Bear
6 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Probably how this has happened again. Someone else who didn’t bother.

I’ve had it and I wouldn’t wish it on a Hibs fan

I know, I was (partially) kidding. 

Take it easy 👍🏻

7 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

I know, I was (partially) kidding. 

Take it easy 👍🏻

Thanks man

Tommy Brown
23 minutes ago, Barack said:

May elections coming up too. Don't want to upset those Glasgow votes just yet...

Huns don't vote SNP

Or certainly say they don't.

Tommy Brown
Just now, Barack said:

The other end of that spectrum. Placating, soothing noises.

All tongue in cheek.👍🏻

Yeah I know :lol:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/mar/07/dutch-clubbers-dance-study-easing-lockdown-music-event-coronavirus

"Some were constrained in their movement on the dancefloor, while others were variously asked to wear a mask at all times or only when in motion. One group was given a fluorescent drink and encouraged to sing and scream to the music in order to examine how much saliva was released at moments of peak revelry."

Would a fluorescent drink make your pish luminous too?

Footballfirst
43 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Someone earlier said that even at level. Zero there will still be restrictions . 

WHO Situational Level 0: Corresponds to a situation with no known transmission of SARS-CoV-2
in the preceding 28 days.

The original Level framework issued in October last year, did foresee some ongoing restrictions at Level 0, although that assumed Covid still being evident elsewhere in the country. 

There were still some restriction on numbers meeting up (8/3 indoors, 15/5 outdoors).

Travel - no non essential travel to Level 3 areas.  International quarantine restrictions continue (dependent on the status of the destination).  Avoid public transport. Face coverings required.

Events/Stadia -  restrictions on numbers both indoors and outdoors

Churches/weddings/funerals - 50 max

Hospitality - Open but possible time restrictions. Nightclubs questionable.

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, Footballfirst said:

WHO Situational Level 0: Corresponds to a situation with no known transmission of SARS-CoV-2
in the preceding 28 days.

The original Level framework issued in October last year, did foresee some ongoing restrictions at Level 0, although that assumed Covid still being evident elsewhere in the country. 

There were still some restriction on numbers meeting up (8/3 indoors, 15/5 outdoors).

Travel - no non essential travel to Level 3 areas.  International quarantine restrictions continue (dependent on the status of the destination).  Avoid public transport. Face coverings required.

Events/Stadia -  restrictions on numbers both indoors and outdoors

Churches/weddings/funerals - 50 max

Hospitality - Open but possible time restrictions. Nightclubs questionable.

Thanks for that info . So still restrictions then 

Weakened Offender
2 hours ago, kila said:

Police leading the march :facepalm:

The unionists will be loving this coverage of Scotland! Shame it's meant to just be a fecking football game.

On the day the organiser of a protest in Manchester regarding nurses only getting a 1% pay increase was fined 10k. 

gashauskis9
9 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

On the day the organiser of a protest in Manchester regarding nurses only getting a 1% pay increase was fined 10k. 

Yep.  Embarrassing.  Sturgeon better be on the front foot with this tomorrow.  

Weakened Offender
4 minutes ago, gashauskis9 said:

Yep.  Embarrassing.  Sturgeon better be on the front foot with this tomorrow.  

Agreed. Pull them out of the UEFA Cup and cancel the Euros. 

Toxteth O'Grady
1 hour ago, Jamhammer said:

Ffs! nae luck - what do you work at? 

Take care 

18 minutes ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

Ffs! nae luck - what do you work at? 

Take care 

It’s not a popular occupation so will avoid putting it on here 

(Narrows it down I know)

At least this time I’m not ill. Yet

11 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

(Narrows it down I know)

Parking attendant?

SectionDJambo
26 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

The SFA must be worried about the Euros now. Once again Glasgow football fans have shown no regard for processes put in place to suppress the virus. They clearly cannot be trusted.

It would now be an easy excuse for the SG to refuse to give the assurances that UEFA want about spectators attending. Presumably the SFA stand to lose money from advertising or broadcasting if the games get taken elsewhere? Not sure what they are entitled to.

This won’t be the only day that “we arra peepel” come out and do this either. They’ve still to get their trophy. That will probably trigger another parade and party. Gerrard has already said that it’s acceptable behaviour, given how long they’ve had to wait for their first major trophy. Maxwell and Petrie don’t have the courage to go after Rangers on this.

We have to hope that no Hearts fans are daft enough, or bothered enough, to do anything outside Tynecastle when we win the Championship. Whatever punishment Celtic and Rangers have got away with, Hearts won’t.

Enzo Chiefo
33 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

Rangers should answer Sturgeon in language that she could relate to:

"We are not aware of any incidents"

"Not to the best of our knowledge"

"We can't be 100% sure"

"We would need to check the details"

Etc etc

Doctor FinnBarr
9 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

The SFA must be worried about the Euros now. Once again Glasgow football fans have shown no regard for processes put in place to suppress the virus. They clearly cannot be trusted.

It would now be an easy excuse for the SG to refuse to give the assurances that UEFA want about spectators attending. Presumably the SFA stand to lose money from advertising or broadcasting if the games get taken elsewhere? Not sure what they are entitled to.

This won’t be the only day that “we arra peepel” come out and do this either. They’ve still to get their trophy. That will probably trigger another parade and party. Gerrard has already said that it’s acceptable behaviour, given how long they’ve had to wait for their first major trophy. Maxwell and Petrie don’t have the courage to go after Rangers on this.

We have to hope that no Hearts fans are daft enough, or bothered enough, to do anything outside Tynecastle when we win the Championship. Whatever punishment Celtic and Rangers have got away with, Hearts won’t.

Honestly?

Weakened Offender
10 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

I agree. The Rangers fans will take every opportunity to get out there now, starting next weekend. Then the presentation, the next OF match and the Scottish Cup. This could be a huge problem for the SFA. 😊

JudyJudyJudy
8 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

"We can't be 100% sure"

Etc etc

Exactly 

Weakened Offender
8 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

"We can't be 100% sure"

Etc etc

Nicola+Sturgeon+Opens+Play+One+Park+Differently+MMBsDT4R9Fyx.jpg

SectionDJambo
33 minutes ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

Honestly?

I’ve tried to find the piece but it’s been replaced by today’s quotes from all the Rangers ex players and managers the media could find. 
It went along the lines of people having to understand because of the hurt that Rangers fans have suffered over the last 9 years. Gerrard was pictured connecting with fans outside Ibrox from a small window.

People with no real interest in football must be frustrated that the country has had so many restrictions but Liverpool, Celtic and Rangers fans, to name just 3, have shown little restraint.

Certainly not much encouragement for governments to trust football fans back in stadia again soon.

JudyJudyJudy
13 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

What she’s a swinger :oohmatron:

I doubt she’s that adventurous ‘ 😂 

Toxteth O'Grady
1 hour ago, Jamhammer said:

(Narrows it down I know)

Hiya Robbie 😂

The White Cockade

The thousands of morons celebrating the league win and waving their Billy Tea towels will probably infect each other with Covid so less of them around when crowds return as this Kent variant is mega infectious

absolute bottom dwellers 

There has to be consequences to this 

3 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

Very surprised at the bbc Scotland news reporting of the Rangers “ celebrations “  . Completely down playing it . 

Would you expect anything less from the GBC Scotland?

3 hours ago, gashauskis9 said:

We've always been the convenient go-to from BBC Glasgow when they want to go full-on deflect deflect deflect. No-one else for them to point at so they do as James just reported, play it down. "Nothing to see here".

1 hour ago, SectionDJambo said:

Petrie will already have waved his hands at such "exuberant" behaviour. That said, UEFA just want guarantees of fans being able to attend which the data/numbers should inform whether likely.

I doubt any of us want to attend Tynie to celebrate getting out of the shitty league we were unfairly voted into, so no worries about us getting disproportionate coverage from the weegia.  

44 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

I’ve tried to find the piece but it’s been replaced by today’s quotes from all the Rangers ex players and managers the media could find. 
It went along the lines of people having to understand because of the hurt that Rangers fans have suffered over the last 9 years. Gerrard was pictured connecting with fans outside Ibrox from a small window.

People with no real interest in football must be frustrated that the country has had so many restrictions but Liverpool, Celtic and Rangers fans, to name just 3, have shown little restraint.

Certainly not much encouragement for governments to trust football fans back in stadia again soon.

yep. The actions today will most certainly not help in the case to allow fans back into stadia. Be lucky to get in start of the season I’d think. Football will be the last to get back to normal, after gigs, theatres etc.

the scenes today could easily lead to the red card that Sturgeon has threatened. 

Edited by 1971fozzy

Governor Tarkin
2 hours ago, Jamhammer said:

The pope?

JudyJudyJudy
34 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

The pope?

Hes a bit of a bright spark really 

120279243_10160008903272619_2826422477888031684_n.jpg

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic